stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By stumpy49er

Dr. Octobers Secret Home - in a barn near a pumpkin patch

Dr. October sits near a fire in his study, wearing his jack-o-lantern helmet, a black suit and an orange tie. He's reading a magic book titled The 7 Spells of Highly Superior Sorcerors.

Shadow sprites dance along the wall as Dr. October closes his book and says "Well, hello children. I guess it's that time of year again, isn't it? Halloween is just around the corner."

"Are you talking to me, babe?" asks his super hero girlfriend, Miss Adventure from the kitchen. She's wearing an apron that says 'Miss, The Cook' and she has goggles on her short, rainbow colored hair.

"No sweetie." Dr. October yells back. "I'm talking to the kids."

"What kids?" Miss Adveture asks poking her head out. "There's no one there."

"The shadow kids." Dr. October explains, pointing to the shadow sprites on the wall.

"You're so weird." she replies, going back into the kitchen. "Cookies will be done in a minute. I called Illuminatti Pizza. They should be here in a bit. Samurai, Red Cap, Hourglass and Milk Girl will be here in.." she droned on.

"As I was saying, children, it's that time of year," Dr. October continues. "for Halloween stories."

He opens his book to reveal, hidden in the middle, a comic book. He picked up the comic as he dropped the magic book to the side. On the cover of the comic, Tales of Dread, is a skeleton named Death's Tongue. The skeleton smiles.

"This first tale is of a man driving alone at night." Death's Tongue spoke from the comic book. "Driving at night can be dangerous. Especially when there are monsters about. I call this tale..."

Caution: Monster Crossing

Ted Wicks was driving home from a long day at work. He had gotten off at midnight, grabbed some X's and O's burger and was driving home on a dark, country road. It was a long drive home, one of the drawbacks of living out in the cuts. Taking a swig of Coda-Loca, he looked at his bag of food. Burgers and fries, gluttony style. He couldn't wait to devour them.

THUMP

He heard something loud behind..

THUMP

What was that?

THUIMP

He looked in his rear view mirror. There was something behind.

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

Something big. He couldn't see it was so dark..

"ROARR!!"

Ted put the pedal to the metal. He didn't know what was behind him. It was the size of a T-Rex. It's eyes were a glowing orange.

Ted was driving a hundred miles an hour. He was losing it. He came up on a corner. There was something in the road. He swerved to miss it..

Ted woke up. His truck was in the middle of a pumpkin patch. He got out and looked at the road. He had swerved to miss a pumpkin in the middle of the road.

Ted laughed to himself. "Stupid." He looked in his truck. The burgers and fries were on the floor. "Ah crap! I was looking forward to eating that."

"GRRR!!" a rumbling growl came from behind Ted. He turned around and saw two glowing, orange eyes above him.

CHOMP

"Oooh!! Poor Ted got quite the mouthfull, eh kids?" says Death's Tongue. "Eeee ha ha ha ha!"

"That was terrible." replies Dr. October. "Poor guy just wanted to go home and eat his drive thru."

"Are you still talking to yourself?" asks Miss Adventure from the kitchen. "Can you get the door? I think the pizza guy's here."

Dr. October put the Tales of Dread comic down and got up to get the pizza.

"Oooh, somebody's whipped." yells Death's Tongue from the pages of the comic. "If you knew what was good for you, you'd slip ol rainbow head there a Moonlight cigarette special. Poisoned cancer sticks."

"Shut up or I'll throw you in the fire." Dr. October replied, as he opens the door for the Illuminatti pizza guy, who wore a red, hooded cloak over his head.

"That'll be 26.66." said the awkward voiced, teenaged, pizza guy from under his hood. The pizza box had a pyramid with an eye in the center. Dr. October paid the guy, who said "Thanks mister. Hail to the master." as he left.

Dr. October put the pizza on the counter, then looked back at the shadow sprites on the walls.

"Now, where were we?" he asks.

"We're coming to the end." Death's Tongue says.

"What? We have two more tales." says Dr. October. "These stories always come in three's."

Death's Tongue shrugged and said

"to be continued.."

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@stumpy49er: Hmm intresting indeed, love Samhain even if it has become a comerce based quagmire

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By batkevin74

@stumpy49er: shadow kids...could you elaborate on them (either here or in a pm) coz I think Shadowave may have similar powers/contacts and would like to know more

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By stumpy49er

@batkevin74: Shadow kids/sprites are basically spirits only gifted/magical beings can see. Which is why Dr. October saw them but Miss Adventure did not.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I... Illuminati pizza? I was reading this just to check how you're using magic in the CRANK Verse... but now I'm going to definitely binge read all your Indomitable Few stuff just to check that out!

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Awesome. Glad you liked it.

p.s. You can use Illuminati pizza in Dr. Mute if you want. Heck, you can even expand on it.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

bumped