Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Several Hundred Years Ago.

"It's over."

Bright yellow sand blasted across the dark orange skyline at thousands of miles per hour, atop a crimson sand dune, cloaked in his signature green cape stood the Magician Maximus, Doctor Mute, dressed proudly in a Tudor era red doublet, black top hat perched atop his head. The sand pellets bounced harmlessly against the Magician's body as he stared up into the swirling winds surrounding him towards his opponent.

"Iver>" A soft chuckle echoed across the sky, almost imediately the sandstorm ceased, dropping all its particles to the ground. "It's never over, Myrick." In the orange sky a dark figure slowly hovered down towards his quarry. Doctor Mute watched his quarry in silence before quietly flying up to join his adversary. After a few seconds the two men were mere inches away from each other, both staring hatefully into each other's eyes.

"I'm not going to let you continue this psychotic plan." Mute said, his cape whipping behind him in the wind.

"Of course you're not." The Magus said while pulling back his blood red hood, revealing pale blonde hair and grey, chalky skin. Doctor Mute similarly pulled off his top hat and allowed it to drop down to the ground far below. "Very well..." Magus pulled a sharp dagger from his belt, seemingly crafted from the bone of an ungodly monster. "To the death?" He finally asked after letting several moments pass by.

Doctor Mute pulled his cane from the holster tied to his waist, he held it by his side, the make shift weapon being crafted from black ebony wood, and mystically enchanted to give off a cool looking red aura. The Doctor took a deep breath, stroking his brown beard before nodding slowly.

"Of course." He answered.

The two genlemen nodded to each other out of respect before moving back slightly. Both adjusted the ties stuck around their necks in order to improve their appearance, Almost on cue the two mystics of unbelievable power and skill sent their attacks blasting forward, flashes of orange fire and blue ice shot across the sky as the two opponents waged their ungodly war in the heavens.

Present Day.

Belladonna Hellfire stared in silence at the unpleasant sight filling her vision. Blood was splattered upon the tiled floor of the kitchen, items had been violently knocked from shelves... and worst of all the body of a middle aged woman lay upon the ground, a large, gaping knife wound lying in the middle of her stomach. Bella looked at the corpse from the safety of the nearby living room as her employer, Doctor Mute crouched over the woman's body in unnerving silence.

"Did you know her?" Bella asked after the silence became too much for her to bear. Doctor Mute stood back to his full height, hair seemingly white in the darkness of the night.

"Yes."

If the Doctor knew anything else about the woman, he didn't seem to plan on telling Bella. Instead he simply had a quick glance around the room, seemingly searching for some sort of invisible item. "There's traces of mystical essence in this house." He said. "More specifically..." He stopped and sniffed at the air, a look of disgust filled his face. "...Trolls." Myrick stepped out of the kitchen, blood stains on his gloved hands and trousers. He didn't seem to notice. "Which means whoever did this was aware that I know this woman." He added. "...whoever did this they must hate me quite a lot." Doctor Mute mused. "Trolls are quite expensive foot soldiers."

"Who was she, sir?" Bella asked. The Doctor looked down to the ground for a moment as if he was trying to peer back into the past.

"I can't remember..." He admitted. For a moment a flash of pain seemed to fill the old man's face as he pulled out his cane.

"What's our plan?" Bella asked as the two walked through the house's exit. Mute was silent as they stepped outside, both greeted by the rain pouring down from the sky.

"I'm going to investigate this further." He answered, his cane clicking softly as he moved across the ground. "I need you to head to the mansion." Mute paused, remembering the events from earlier. "Or.... head to your house."

"Why?"

Mute pulled a scrap of paper from his pocket and handed it to his young assistant, upon the paper was what seemed to be an American Phone Number, written in black ink.

"Call this number." Myrick instructed. "Ask them for a list of any mystical related abductions... then tell me."

"Okay." Bella quickly scanned over the number before noticing the name of who it belonged to. "Oh wow." She said, her eyes widening in surprise. "I didn't know you knew-"

Doctor Mute sighed before turning away from his young ally. "I wish I didn't." He interrupted whilst walking down the street.

"Where are you going?" Bella asked as her boss slowly started to disappear into the night sky.

"I'm off to see the Queen." The Doctor replied, a small, cocky smirk on his face. "Where else would I be going?"

Bella couldn't tell if he was joking or not.

The Mime was no stranger to pain.

As he woke up gasping and screaming for air he couldn't help but wonder what kind of situation he'd stumbled into. For a moment he couldn't see where he was, instead of seeing whereever the hell he was, all he could see was blackness. The French Superhero blinked several times in an attempt to clear his vision.

Still blackness.

"Hello?" He said.

No response.

In fact the Mime couldn't hear anything.

"Hello?!" He yelled, much more frantically.

Still nothing.

The Mime tried moving his arms, only to feel them bound by something that felt metallic.

"...hello?"

For the first time in years... the Mime felt fear.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: "Iver>" A soft chuckle echoed...who is Iver? Or do you mean over?

I thought Mute would've made some quip about death being pedestrian and vulgar when faced with a duel to the death, he strikes me as more of a too the pain kinda guy...and if you don't know what that is go watch The Princess Bride...NOW! Shoo go, watch!

Seems The Magus is returning and using Mime to get to Mute in a complex magical plan of sound related puns :)

Very good, lets have another...after you've watched the Princess Bride

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: ...guess I'll have to watch it. Yeah, Magus' plan is very, very dark and is designed to make Mute's life a living hell.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@tommythehitman: I really loved the beginning of this. The description of the duel was really well done. Inspiring me to up my own writing game.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bump. But this series needs an edit for typos.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: "Iver>" A soft chuckle echoed...who is Iver? Or do you mean over?

I thought Mute would've made some quip about death being pedestrian and vulgar when faced with a duel to the death, he strikes me as more of a too the pain kinda guy...and if you don't know what that is go watch The Princess Bride...NOW! Shoo go, watch!

Seems The Magus is returning and using Mime to get to Mute in a complex magical plan of sound related puns :)

Very good, lets have another...after you've watched the Princess Bride

@batkevin74: ...guess I'll have to watch it. Yeah, Magus' plan is very, very dark and is designed to make Mute's life a living hell.

This is why (arrow pointing upwards)