CORRUPTED: Nash #0

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

This will be a new ongoing fic as part of the awesome CORRUPTED Universe which you can check out HERE, anyways. Hope you enjoy!! This Fan-Fic is rated T.

“Agh, how much longer?” Kyle grumbled as he vigorously scrubbed the brick wall with frustrated up and down strokes.

Stormy huffed back at him from her tattered lawn chair, “As long as it takes!” She waved her walking stick angrily at him. “Now quit whining, and keep scrubbing!”

“But-” He hesitated as he caught the stern look on his guardians face. It always sent chills down his spine, finally he continued, “It’s not coming off, besides if it did you already know they’d be back before the end of the week and spray it back on.” He stepped back from the wall, it was here every week the crossed out Superman shield that was perpetually tagged on numerous walls across town by wannabe rebels to pathetic to do anything of any actual merit. Stormy’s irritated voice snapped him out of his mind.

“I don’t care! I just want this God damn paint off my wall!” She started to rise before giving in to her weak legs and deciding that staying down was a better idea. “So, Jackie you better keep scrubbing if you wan’t me to make you dinner!”

“Ha!” he tossed his sponge into the small tin bucket and turned to look at her. “As if, you haven’t cooked since I was six!” He walked up to Stormy and held out his hand, “Come on, let me help you inside. You wouldn’t have mentioned food unless you were hungry”

She took his hand and did her best to hide a small warm smile that was creeping across her stern face.

“And don’t worry” He started as he opened the heavy wooden door for her, “I’ll come back and finish up later”

----

“Not bad,” Stormy said taking a drink of water. “dry, but not bad.”

Kyle’s eye brows furrowed “It’s jerky and stale bread, of course it’s dry.” he laughed taking a heavy drink as well.

Stormy opened her mouth to answer back when a heavy thud shook the front door. “Stormy Knight! This is S.H.A.D.E. open up!”

“They’re who? What did they call you?!” Kyle asked franticly looking quickly at the door and back at the old woman’s eyes. “What’s going on?!”

“Nothing, shut up!” She responded angrily.

“What do you mean nothing? This doesn’t seem like nothing!”

“I said shut up!!” She stood up from her chair easier then any other time he’d seen. “In there,” she pointed at the bottom drawer of a large mahogany china cabinet, the nicest thing in their modest home. He’d long since learned not to touch it, but now with the riot going on just outside their door he fell to his knees and tore threw the endless stacks of papers before finding a metal box. “Open it, put them on”

Again, no hesitation. Inside the box was a pair of silver bracelets, he looked back at Stormy in confusion. The slamming and shouting grew fierce outside.

“On! Now!!” She screamed.

He slid them on and they tightened locking around his wrists, a white haze consumed his body and the front door flew open free from it’s hinges and he was gone. The armored men filled the room but ignored him completely. He had to jump out of the way to evade a particularly unaware man.

They shouted questions at Stormy, angry questions, questions he couldn’t make out. His invisibility, or whatever it was. It muffled the sounds around him. She had a confused look on her face, but it was clear - at least to Kyle - that she was faking. But then all of a sudden the largest of the five men grabbed the fragile woman by the collar and slammed her against their worn coffee table which crumbled under her weight.

Kyle launched himself at the man tackling him down and punching him hard in the face breaking his nose. The man out of pure instinct reached up and put his hands around Kyle’s neck turning the cloaking mechanism off. Th officers around them snapped into action and fired into Kyle or rather through Kyle and into the prone corpse of their commander who now laid in a dark pool of his own blood. Kyle rolled of the man’s body and took his gun as he stood up and ran out of the door. The remaining S.H.A.D.E. agents chased after him, but the cloaking system restarted and once again, he was gone.

Kyle ran for hours in the dark until his tired legs gave out and he stumbled into a dirty alley, fell to his knees behind a rusted dumpster and wept, wept until his eyes were chalk and gave in helplessly to the night.

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS

Please comment below and tell me what you think

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 22

Not bad so far. I'll need to read more before I know what to think of it.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By AweSam

Good start. I never really thought of using SHADE agents yet.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Project_Worm

@dngn4774: Fair enough, hopefully there will be much more very soon.

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Glad you think so, Yep, came out of necessity. They're the closest thing to cops that there is. Even if they are still "big picture guys"

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@project_worm: It's a very intriguing start. I will need some more since you've left me wondering what is going on, and I like it! :)

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: Right! However they are "the closest thing to cops that there is."

@batkevin74: Perfect, because that was the exact intended response. Hopefully I don't disappoint.

AweSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By AweSam

@project_worm: My Red Hood story had police. There are very limited SHADE agents. They're pretty much the secret police

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@awesam: True, thing is when I presented Deathblow as a police officer, Kev told me there were none...

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#11 wildvine  Moderator

@project_worm

Nice start. Though I am unfamiliar with the characters.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Great job! @awesam I always thought of SHADE agents as more like Gestapo,

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Project_Worm

@wildvine: Thank you!! Not a problem I didn't know of them either....

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Project_Worm

@tommythehitman: Glad to hear it, also Gestapo means secret police so they're the same.