CORRUPTED: Flash #2

Bronze_Surfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Bronze_Surfer

(Apart of the Corrupted Universe, all characters owned by DC, Rated T)

Over the Sahara Desert

William was on the Astro-Harness as he decided to stop at a small town down below to get some food and water. He landed a little bit away from there so that he could change into normal clothes. He pressed the top of the ring and his Flash costume went back inside and his normal clothes came onto him. He began to walk towards to town as he heard something making a faint noise. He turned his head but saw nothing. He thought he must have heard the wind and walked off to the town.

As got closer he knew that things were not going to be as easy as he had originally thought. He saw Hawkmen patrolling the entire area and having a guard station near the entrance. He vibrated his molecules to make himself invisible and pass by the guards luckily not alerting them to his presence. He walked into a shop as men were buying basic supplies. He went to purchase some water but a T-Sphere came up to him and got directly in his face making him fall back.

<METAHUMAN DETECTED! WILLIAM WEST! WARRANT FOR HIS ARREST HAS BEEN ISSUED!>

With that two Hawkmen walked into the shop. They pointed their maces at him and ordered him to come with them. He obliged and let them take him outside. The Hawkmen marched William outside he looked around, scanning the sky. As their wings unfurled and readied to fly him off for processing he spoke up "I have a small problem before you cart me away?"

"Oh and what's that smart guy?"

William smiled and unleashed a flurry of speedspeed slaps, punches and elbows that had the pair being pummelled like pigeons in a tornado. When the furious onslaught had stopped, their prisoner was nowhere to be seen

William pressed his ring putting the flash costume on him. He kept running for a few more minutes before stooping to take a breath. He fell backwards onto the sand panting.

“God….Never go for a run without having water on hand.” He just relaxed on the ground as a shadow went over him. He opened his eyes and saw a man who looked to pale to be in Egypt looking over him with a blank expression. He handed William some water which he started to chug immediately.

“Oh thank god I needed that!” William said to the man.

“The names Fred, I saw that you running and just seemed to stop thought you could use a refreshment.” William looked at the man with an odd stare.

“So what are you doing in the middle of the desert, Fred?”

“I’m a roaming salesman who just happened to be going in your direction.” William thought to himself what a salesman would be doing in the middle of the desert with such high tech systems of trade now a day.

“ Well thanks for the water but I have places to be.” William got up and begain to start running but he could pick up no speed.

“What the?” he felt a heavy object smash him on the back making him fall face first into the sand. He got up and spit some sand out of his mouth.

“What did you do to me!?” William screamed at the man. The pale man started to shape shift into a government like outfit. The symbol of Superman’s government was on the side of his jacket.

“Some simple nano bots that cut off your connection to the speed force, should wear off in a day or two.” He picked William up by the throat. “And now it’s time for you to come with me.”

With that William had fire in his eyes as he smashed his fist into the man’s face. He fell over blood coming out of his nose.

“How, you don’t have the speed force to increase the density in your fist! There’s no way a normal human could punch that hard!” William smiled and got into a fighting stance.

“You know, back where I grew up I was the strongest in the entire mountain zone.” William jumped onto the man holding him down by his head smashing it into the sand. “Now you’re going to tell me how to get my speed back.”

The man just tried to get up but was unable to do so. William punched the back of the man’s neck killing him. He got up and brushed himself off.

A beeping sound came off of the man and a Hawkman landed not too far from William.

“When a SHADE agent fails time to send in the ones who get stuff done.” The Hawkmen said to himself. He jumped into the air and does a smashing like move with his mace. William jumped out of the way quickly. He may not be super fast right now but he has dodged enough punches from Barry to have good reflexes. The Hawkman swings his mace again, this time though William dodges it and grabs the mace. He head buts the Hawkman making him let go of the mace. The second he does William smashes the mace into the Hawkmans head. He hit it one more time to make sure that he was dead.

“Only good Hawkman is a dead one.” He dropped the mace and started to run but his speed had still not returned. The agent was right it would take a day or two. He clicked the ring so that the Astro-Harness came out. William hooked up to it and started to float in the air. However, shadows drew from the top of the sky blocking a little bit of the sun. When he looked up he saw dozens of Hawkmen descending upon him. He flew off as fast as he could but still being able to control of the craft.

Once he made it over the ocean he slowed the Harness down. He needed to find a way to get into Keystone without being detected. Once he got near the edge of the Mississippi River there was no Hawkmen there. He landed quickly and pressed the ring going into his normal clothes and put the harness away. He was at a small town the kind you would find while going on a road trip.

He walked into a store with a elderly man looking at a TV on his counter. The anchor was reporting about some a recent event.

“In recent news another lightning bolt was spotted in the nation of Kahndaq similar to the one that had struck here in America, officials have not given any comment on the incident, we will continue on the story had it develops.”

William walked out of the store thinking to himself.

“I see no reason to get worked up over two lightning bolts, I’m sure that nothing world shaking will come out of it.”

@batkevin74@blackreaper@wildvine@falconpuuunch@4donkeyjohnson@dngn4774

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

“In recent news another lightning bolt was spotted in the nation of Kahndaq similar to the one that had struck here in America, officials have not given any comment on the incident, we will continue on the story had it develops.”

Continuity! Really fun and interesting story.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

@bronze_surfer: Minor typos: " <METAHUMAN DETECTED! WILLIAM WEST! WARRANT FOR HIS ARREST HAS BEEN ISSUED!>

With that two Hawkmen walked into the shop. They pointed THEIRmaces at him and ordered him to come with them. He obliged and let them take him outside. (Warrant and their need correcting)

Now this bit is a tad confusing. "As they were about to fly off he said that there was a problem. They looked at him odd as he threw super fast punches at their faces. They both grabbed their faces in pain as William ran off. He clicked his ring and the Flash costume came on. He runs off into the desert for a few moments but then once he thinks he has escaped them he stops running and falls onto his back"

I only say that because you have dialog further down but here you gloss over with "As they were about to fly off he said that there was a problem" You could've expanded it to this maybe:

"The Hawkmen marched William outside he looked around, scanning the sky. As their wings unfurled and readied to fly him off for processing he spoke up "I have a small problem before you cart me away?"

"Oh and what's that smart guy?"

William smiled and unleashed a flurry of speedspeed slaps, punches and elbows that had the pair being pummelled like pigeons in a tornado. When the furious onslaught had stopped, their prisoner was nowhere to be seen"

Just a suggestion is all.

Nice use of a SHADE agent, they're proving to be quite the sneaky bastards!

And lovely nods to continuity with the lightning strikes. Overall pretty good! I shall add it to the library shortly

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By BlackReaper

@tommythehitman said:

Continuity! Really fun and interesting story.

Yes! My guy's famous! Good story.

By the way, your guy was getting awfully close to mine. Better watch his back.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bronze_surfer: You all seem to be doing well continuity wise, things that happen get noticed in other books, unlike a Atlantis attacking Gotham during Death of the Family and it didn't even rain! :) Another good chapter, some minor spelling errors but someone already mentioned that. Good work

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By BlackReaper

@4donkeyjohnson said:

@bronze_surfer: You all seem to be doing well continuity wise, things that happen get noticed in other books, unlike a Atlantis attacking Gotham during Death of the Family and it didn't even rain! :) Another good chapter, some minor spelling errors but someone already mentioned that. Good work

We discuss any major events in the PM to make sure that the continuity remains consistent.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Bumped for referencing

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@bronze_surfer: Perhaps you should start using Code Red in this series. Since she has more experience as a speedster she can teach William the other abilities like phasing, flying, vortex creation, and maybe even the infinite mass punch.