Coming Soon...The Wellscraft Quadrilogy

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Moomin123

As some of you probably know, my two favourite authors of all time are H.G Wells and H.P Lovecraft. I love Wells for basically being the father of modern sci-fi and for creating some of my favourite books ever like The Invisible Man and War of the Worlds, and with Lovecraft, I just love how twisted he is. His short stories could more or less be epic tales with the huge pantheon of alien gods and dark magic that happens in his stories like Call of Cthulhu and At the Mountains of Madness. 
So basically, I've decided that soon I will make a series of four short stories featuring crossovers between these two author's most famous books. When they take place in the continuity of the original novels will differ, some may be just if the stories merged together and others may be set before or after the originals. The first two stories of the series will be as follows. 

Grewsome Tales of Griffin & West 

(crossover between H.G Wells' The Invisible Man and H.P Lovecraft's Herbert West-Reanimator) 

After escaping his near-fatal encounter with an old re-animated WWI captain, Dr. Herbert West has left the United States to begin a new life in England, where he hopes to continue his re-animation experiments in peace. His old companion had unfortunately been killed by one of their experiments gone wrong and so West begins his work again in soltitude. However, once arriving in the Sussex town of Iping, there he encounters the enigmatic Dr. Griffin, a man completely bandaged from head to toe for reasons unknown. The townsfolk are suspicious of Griffin, but West soon discovers that Griffin is in fact invisible, due to a formula he had created. West soon befriends Griffin and together they experiment with one another's serums, which of course, leads to some simultaneously humerous and bloody accidents. 

Of Mars & R'lyeh 

(crossover between H.G Wells' War of the Worlds and H.P Lovecraft's Call of Cthulhu) 

1898, Martian tripods are landing on Earth and are attacking various cities and nations. Humanity is losing all hope as their weapons are ineffective against the Martian heat-rays and poison gases. However, at the same time, the ancient city of R'lyeh rises from the ocean, and the Great Cthulhu has awoken from a long slumber. He hopes to conquer the Earth with his vast legions of his Star-Spawn, as now his enemies, the Elder Things have been dead for tens of thousands of years. But once the Old One arrives on land, he sees that the Martians have arrived first and so a great war engages between the Martians and Cthulhu. With the humans unable to fight these intergalactic titans, they are caught in the middle of this war, slowly becoming more insignificant on Earth. 

These are the first stories so far, I dunno when I'll be writing them, but it should be soon. I've not thought of the other two stories yet, but I have some ideas. 
Anyway, hope you're looking forward to them, and comment below for me to hear your opinions.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By TypingKira

Not much of a Lovecraft fan and I really only like LUS and a few other things by Wells (who is, in some circles, considered the father of modern Steampunk) but there sound pretty good!

Moomin123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Moomin123
@TypingKira:
Well even if you're not a fan of Lovecraft, you'll hopefully like it. I should be writing them in a few weeks or so.