Chronos Cops: The Protectorate of Time #1

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

This story works in, around, through, behind, before and across @stumpy49er's Chronos Cops #1 which if you click the link, you'll see what it's all about.

The Protectorate of Time

“We have a problem sir,” Temporal Analyst Ashima Moros slapped a datastick onto the desk of Manu Fortuna, the Deputy Superintendent of the P.O.T. The heavy set man who was equal parts machine and man picked up the stick and inserted it into his index finger.

“How serious are we talking Moros?” He asked as his eyes flickered, reading the information he’d just downloaded.

“Alternate alternate reality sir.”

“What?”

“Seems a police officer from 2295 AD, one Jet Chronos, has pulled a team of like-minded officers from various points in time an…”

“By doing so will make a Heller Wave!” Fortuna stated as he stood up. “Have we…”

“Yes sir, I’ve sent a Causality Squad to 1876. Kvaronjara under Emissary Pace.”

Fortuna nodded in agreeance as he tapped his nose. “We’ll also need a Loop Team to go to Chronos’ location in 2295. Which squads are available?”

“We have Ĉefa and Sepdek in the launch bays sir,” Moros brought the data up on her forearm quantum computer. “We also have Elsxuti nearby in circa 2247 that we could shunt ahead…”

“No, recall Elsxuti, don’t need to complicate time streams any more than this potential nightmare,” Fortuna removed the datastick. “Send Carruth to 2295.”

“Yes sir.”

__

Old Absinthe House, New Orleans, 1876

“Dammit!” P.O.T Emissary Regina Pace of Kvaronjara Causality Squad spat as she stepped out into the new time period to see a light emanate from the bar and dozens of patrons flee the bar. “This is Pace to Homeworld.”

“Go ahead Pace.”

“We’re about a minute too late to prevent the extraction that occurred here,” she replied making her way into the saloon with her team.

“WHAT? YOU’RE A CAUSALITY TEAM!”

“I get that Homeworld!” she replied sternly as she stepped inside. “But something has altered our time trajectory…hold on Homeworld.”

“Standing by.”

Regina entered the saloon to see four dead bodies on the floor. “Secure the site!”

The three other emissaries of the Kvaronjara Causality Squad sprang into action as Regina guarded the door.

“Everything okay Pace?”

“Asides from NOT arriving on time, we are all good Homeworld.” Regina replied as she watched the door. “Though we might need a Lineage Check on some bodies we’ve got here. Emissary Season will be sending the data…”

“It’s on its way, Pace!” Washington Season replied as he scanned the last dead hand with a blue light.

“Pace! I can’t get an anchor point from where Freeman and Willits,” Emissary Kala Day spoke up as she looked at the tripod mounted scanner set up in the centre of the room. “Which doesn’t make any sense?”

“Might be why we arrived later than we should have,” Emissary Gegute added as he took readings from the air with a device that looked like an expanding ball. “Picking up some weird fluctuations of neutron radiations.”

“What in Wells’ name is going on?” Regina Pace said.

__

New York City, 2295

“By the order of the P.O.T, you are under arrest!” yelled P.O.T Emissary Jessamy Twain of Carruth Loop Team as her team stepped out into the new time period. The badly irradiated man in rags held his one good arm up at the sight of four armed people stepping out of thin air pointing weird looking guns at him.

“Okay!” yelped the man.

“Twain to Homeworld!”

“Go ahead Twain.”

Twain ran a scanner up and down the man quickly. “I need a pinpoint on Jet Chronos asap because where I’m standing, he isn’t here!”

“That’s not possible Twain.”

“Location of Chronos, Homeworld!” Jessamy snapped. “Now!”

“…nine hundred and seventy four meters north…”

“So NOT where you’ve sent my Loop Team!” she seethed back. “Right Carruth-ers, we need enviro-cloaking. Simak, that’s you! Newcomb, you’re on point. Priestly, you’re on transport. Move out! Homeworld?”

“Go ahead Twain.”

“Care to apologise?” Twain smirked.

(To be continued...)

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

@batkevin74: So is this fan-fic of stumpy's title, or officially connected?

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@batkevin74: Love it.

Now I have to get around to writing Episode 2.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Glad you liked it. Now chop chop with 2, so I can write in and around it

@ficopedia: Um, yes! As yet not sure. We'll see how and where he and I go, but since it's time travel it can get a little confusing

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5 cbishop  Online

@ficopedia: Um, yes! As yet not sure. We'll see how and where he and I go, but since it's time travel it can get a little confusing

Cool! Thanks for letting me know. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers