Writing Goals (2023

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

RIP 22, I barely knew thee. Just like my own 22. But at least I won't suppress the memory of you, 2022, like I oppress the memory of me 22.

So, what goals of year looming should I set? Well, A Game of Princesses still gets views weekly. And I'd love to actually finish my other FFnet story. (I'm so bad about ending things. Or doing things) I think I want to try the 52 goals again even if I don't post it. Maybe I'll post the rejects at the end of the year. I also want to read more. I have so many freaking books crowding me out of my own bedroom.

So yeah. That's my goal this year. write something at least once a week. Even if it's just scribbles at work on my lunch break.

v 2023 v

--

2022 Rules and Progress Chart

52 in 22 Y'all!

My rules: (Just for me. You do you)

1) Editorials/blogs qualify even if on a different forum. (Ex, reading lists. Tarzan the Un-Mashable, etc)

2) CC Contest entries from me only qualify for repost if they are significantly re-written from the original form.

3) Pre-existing projects may qualify if they are heavily re-written. (Ex, Robin Hood Vampire Hunter. When I get back to it)

4) No excuses!

TitlePeriodType
Shifted as Wheat: The Fight Before ChristmasWeek 1Original/New Story
Crusaders of the Lost Idols #4Week 2Completing/rewriting previous draft
Ronin lumberJackweek 3Original/Contest entry

--

v 2021 v

--

I have long kicked around the idea of 100 stories/posts/drabbles etc in one year. Its a fun idea, but I'm very lazy. Also self-conscious and a perfectionist and over thinker and blah blah blah. All of which are fun excuses for not writing. But the icy truth is mostly it comes to laziness. Then Batz set his goal of one story post a week plus random contest. That seems much more doable. I can just throw up something on the 15-minute challenge thread once a week and feel accomplished about myself. Neat!

Not all written bits may be posted here on CV, but they will be linked for sake of candor

DateLinkNotes
Week 01 -- Jan 02Skip!

This bit was written as a shhh post on Facebook.

It has been edited to meet CV content standards

Week 02 -- Jan 07N/A

I'll make this up

Week 03 -- Jan 14N/A

Make up

Week 04 -- Jan 21N/A

Also make uo

Week 05 -- Jan 28N/A

Blah blah blah

Week 06Crusaders 3This chapter took too long, and I don't love it. I will probably clean it up in the future

Goal was abandoned

--

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@wildvine: I look forward to seeing more of your stuff 👍😀

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@batkevin74 said:

@wildvine: I look forward to seeing more of your stuff 👍😀

Me too! I've missed your digi-face! Just read your first bit in the 15 Minute thread. Nice. :)

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 230

working bump

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#5 wildvine  Moderator

Last year: 52 in 22

This year: Just write

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@wildvine said:

Last year: 52 in 22

This year: Just write

I've been thinking about it in the past week. I made my goal the last couple of years, but I was terrible about updating my Just Write #0 thread, so I think I'm going to abandon that this year, and just write as much as I can. :)