Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
T'Challa - The Black Panther
T'Challa - The Black Panther

Okay, everyone, here's the contest for CCC #93 - Create a Villain For Black Panther:

The rules:

• To keep things easier to compare, for this contest, Black Panther is T'Challa. Not his sister, not his father, not someone else in the line of Black Panthers. I feel that the 616 and MCU T'Challas are pretty close, so either is fine.
  • Create a villain for Black Panther. Give the villain a villain name, not just a regular name like "Marv" or "Wendy."
  • Write that villain in a story against Black Panther.
  • No word limit.
  • Deadline is Sunday, December 15, 2019, @11:59PM New York time (click the link if you're unsure).

And if your name happens to be Marv or Wendy, don't take it personal. I'm sure there's something perfectly super about you. Cheers. -cb ;)

Remember: deadline is Sunday, December 15, 2019, @11:59PM New York time!

I'm glad you're here! Please join us for the fun, and enter your story! -cb

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 92 Voting Thread? Thank you.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74

“Sorry to intrude, Your Highness, but we have a situation in Sweden.”

T’Challa rubbed his eyes as sunlight flooded the room. His bodyguard, Okoye of the Dora Milaje, stood by the drawn curtains letting in the rising sun.

“Sweden?”

“Yes, Sweden. Now get up!”

The King of Wakanda only permitted a few people to speak to him in such a direct almost rude manner; his mother, Captain America, his little annoying sister and Okoye, who was in charge of keeping him alive despite him being the Black Panther.

T’Challa leapt out of bed, slipped on a robe and some slippers and followed her to the briefing room. She rolled her eyes at his attire but kept quiet.

“What?” He asked.

Okoye smirked but walked on silently. The briefing room looked as if it was from a movie; holographic screens, weird screens, large 3D table with topographical maps, dozens of Wakandan soldiers.

“Your Highness!” Captain Jhono Kikongo bowed. “Our embassy in Sweden has been attacked.”

“Doom? Namor?” T’Challa regretted not putting on something else.

“No sire,” Kikongo tapped the table and a hazy pixelated image of a blonde woman wearing white spandex appeared. “Do you recognise her?”

T’Challa studied her. She could possibly be Silver Sable, maybe even Black Widow’s blonde doppelganger, but on her actual identity he drew a blank. “No…send the image to the Baxter Building to see if there is anything in their data base. What has happened?”

“She killed two guards along with our Ambassador to Sweden, his aide and it seems a visiting dignitary from Georgia,” Kikongo stated.

“When?”

“With time difference, about an hour ago our time,” he replied. “A strike team is on route.”

“Any demands or reasoning for this?” T’Challa asked.

“Still early, Your High….”

A klaxon alarm sounded in the room. A frantic face appeared on screen.

“This is Ambassador Michael Dziike!” cried the man. “We are under attack here in Oslo b…” He froze.

“Bring the signal up!” T’Challa ordered.

“It isn’t a signal problem…” Okoye grimly pointed out, two fingers from and unseen hand were inserted into the side of Ambassador Dziike’s throat. The Ambassador gasped like a fish before falling off screen. The two fingers had razor like fangs on the ends that dripped crimson. They slowly retreated from the screen to be replaced with a woman in white; piercing steel blue eyes behind a white face mask covered in slight scales. Her white-ish blonde hair tied up in a ponytail.

“Who are you?” The Wakandan king demanded.

“I am the White Mamba. I will remove you and your kind from the map.”

“You will pay for what you have done to Wakanda!” T’Challa swore.

“Only if you catch me!” she quipped back as the signal went to static. T’Challa slammed his fist down onto a nearby computer screen, shattering it.

“I need to speak to Zawavari,” the king hissed as he left the now silent room.

__

Zawavari stood looking at the Black Panther kneeling before him. “You ask much, young king.”

Black Panther looked up. “Indeed, but to protect and avenge Wakandan lives I need to be on the other side of the planet NOW.”

“Why not your sorcerous friend?” Zawavari gestured as Dr Strange would.

“I do not like or trust that man very much,” he replied. “Also using our fastest jets I will not get there!”

“And you wish me to teleport you to Copenhagen?”

Black Panther nodded as he stood. “First attack was in Stockholm, Sweden the next in Finland. Those two places are an hour apart by commercial plane, thirty minutes if using technology like the Americans have. Nearest Wakandan embassy to Oslo is our site in Copenhagen. Next possible targets after that could be Berlin, Warsaw or Amsterdam.”

Zawavari smiled as he ripped open a glowing circle in the sky that showed the lobby of the Wakandan embassy in Copenhagen. “Isantya sikathixo ophantsi”*

Black Panther saluted the mage and stepped onto the other side of the world. T’Challa pointed at the stunned guard. “Take me to the Ambassador, now!”

_

White Mamba smashed through the office door and hurled three knives with pinpoint accuracy into the back of the Ambassador’s chair. Slowly the chair spun around to reveal a crouching Black Panther glaring at her.

“I do hope you resist,” T’Challa said as he leapt forward at the assassin like his namesake. And like hers, she was quick. White Mamba slid under him and then back flipped with a twist to face him.

“You shouldn’t be here!” she snarled as she lashed out with a series of kicks. Black Panther ducked the first three then parried the last two before striking out himself.

“I am wherever my country needs me,” he replied as he tried to hit her. “You will pay for your crimes.”

“YOU FIRST!” White Mamba parried his blow and then rammed two fingers up under his arm. T’Challa felt a coo liquid enter his bloodstream.

“You’ve poisoned me!” T’Challa gasped.

White Mamba smiled as she attacked again. “I do hope it kills you, but you’re one of these super types.”

Black Panther could feel the venom attacking him as his metabolism tried to fight it. More of her blows landed than should’ve normally.

“Why are you doing this?” T’Challa asked.

“Because of what your kind did to mine,” she replied. “Dirty, ignorant savages!”

Black Panther was incensed by the insult and grabbed her by the throat with one hand then chokeslammed her to the ground. He then leant all ninety five kilos on top of her.

“I will not ask again!” he roared.

White Mamba looked the Panther in the eye. “Nearly fifty years ago your tribe of spear throwers killed and ate some Christian missionaries that came to Wakanda. My great grandfather and his brother were meals.”

“You stupid girl!” Black Panther scoffed. “You are wrong! Wakandans have never been cannibals, you believe lies!”

“THEN WHERE IS HE?!” She slung a leg around the Panther’s neck and flicked him off to the side causing his head to bounce heavily off the tiled floor. Mamba kipped up to her feet. “Your whole country will pay!”

“You’re a lunatic!”

“Do some research,” she spat back as she ran towards the window. Panther tried to tackle her but she sidestepped and dove out the window, rolled and kept on running. Black Panther gave chase. Then suddenly she began lifting into the air. T’Challa leapt high into the air after her only to get a kick in the face. Panther raked out with his claws, tearing open her thigh but not enough to bring her down. As he fell he saw she was being sky hooked away by a high tech jet.

As he watched her fly away the Black Panther wobbled on his feet. He knew this wasn’t over, it had barely just begun.

___

*Speed of the panther god if you wanted to know

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Had a lot of Uni work due this week so I don't have time to submit.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

Black Panther: Dogs of War

Somewhere in Wakanda

The village was a smoldering ruin, and T'Challa strode into the midst of it in full Black Panther regalia, including the cape which Okoye had insisted upon. He didn't like it, and it felt especially ostentatious in this horror. He was not happy at what he saw. Everywhere he looked, people were wounded or dead, and the rest were crying over their loved ones. "Shuri, who did this?"

The speaker in his earpiece answered, "I do not know, brother, but there are a large number of heat signatures a few miles beyond the village. They are moving fast, but appear to be on foot, not in vehicles."

"My king!" called out one of the villagers. He was kneeling, with the limp body of his wife in his arms. "They were dogs that walked like men! There were many of them!"

Pulling his mask back, and kneeling before the man, he put a gloved hand on his shoulder to comfort him. After a few moments, he asked, "What happened to your defenses?"

"They were disabled. We don't know how." The man looked at his king for a long few moments until he was overcome once again, and he hugged his wife closer as he cried.

T'Challa stood, looked down on the man for a few moments, then around at the village. "W'Kabi," he said to the commander of his forces, "Go."

W'Kabi nodded, and ordered his men in pursuit.

As they left, a small drone floated up from behind, and settled at shoulder level for T'Challa. "Brother- my king," came the voice of Shuri. "Where are all of the children?"

T'Challa looked around, and realized that she was right. "This is a Jabari village. Contact Queen Divine Justice, and let her know that we may require the aid of her men."

"Immediately," answered Shuri, and the communications went silent.

T'Challa pulled his mask back on. Black Panther crouched, leapt, and backflipped onto the royal hovercraft. Okoye landed just behind him, and they started after W'Kabi and his men.

"We are at top speed, my king," said Okoye. "We will overtake them in minutes."

Black Panther made no reply. He only watched the terrain before them.

Minutes later

"My king, there they are," said Okoye. Then, in disbelief, she asked, "Are those--"

"--Werewolves," answered Black Panther. Looking below, many of the wolves ran in a pack, and each carried one or two terrified children in its arms. W'Kabi and his men surrounded them in their hovercrafts, like cowboys riding herd. Touching his earpiece, he said, "Shuri, send the mobile armory with the silver/vibranium weapons to our coordinates." With that, he cut communications. Just then, a grenade came from the ground. He whipped his cape around, and an energy shield formed ahead of him and the craft. The grenade exploded harmlessly against the shield.

"Aren't you glad you had the cape?" asked Okoye as she put the craft on auto-pilot.

Panther merely glanced over his shoulder, and Okoye raised an eyebrow as he shrugged the cape off. Then both of them leapt into the throng. He slashed at werewolves with his claws, and Okoye used her spear. Both of them could do little but take the children they wrenched from the wolves' grips, and throw them aside. W'Kabi's forces swept the children up in nets, and hauled them onto the hovercrafts, a bit battered, but safe.

"W'kabi!" shouted Black Panther over his communicator. "Check the children! Isolate any with scratches or bites!"

Just then, Panther was tackled, and the two tumbled to one side. "The kiddies are fine, mate!" said the attacker. "No money in 'em if they're damaged. Worry 'bout yourself."

T'Challa came to a stop in a crouch, and narrowed his eyes at his attacker. "You are not a wolf."

"Nope. Name's Dingo. Nightshade made me more like m' namesake, and then let me rent some of her boys for this trip."

"For what purpose? Stealing children from their families?" growled the hero.

"Well, yeah, mate! Your closed off little country is a media black hole! No one knows what goes on here, so no one cares! Perfect place for grabbin' kiddos for the black market!" The dog-man laughed, yipping as he did so.

"You would profit through the exploitation of children? My people's children?! Raaaaaghhhh!" Black Panther roared in anger as he leapt at Dingo. He swiped at the villain's head with his claws, but only nicked one of his ears. Dingo caught Panther with a punch to his midsection when the hero flew over his head, and used it to throw him into the surrounding pack of werewolves. His armor glowed purple everywhere that it was hit.

The werewolves were about to pounce when they were distracted by a bright flash in the sky. Overhead, the massive Wakandan mobile armory emerged from a hole in the sky. Immediately, silver/vibranium-tipped spears fell from the sky, raining down on the pack of wolves, killing some, wounding others, and some merely sticking in the ground. One landed in Dingo's foot, making him howl loudly. One warrior staying with each craft to protect the children, W'Kabi's forces descended from their hovercrafts, and took up the newly-arrived weapons to join in the battle against the werewolves.

Over his earpiece, T'Challa heard, "Black Panther! This is Manifold! SHIELD sent me, and their regards." Before the monarch could ask how, Manifold answered, "Thank your sister!" Then just like that, he and his wormhole were gone.

As he jumped to his feet and charged Dingo, Black Panther growled, "Thank you, sister!" He hit Dingo full force, the tackle ripping his foot free of the spear that pinned him to the ground, and making Panther's armor glow more purple than before.

"YAAARRRGGHHHH!" cried the wounded animal man.

"W'Kabi!" growled T'Challa over the communications.

"My king?" replied his commander.

"Put down these dogs!"

And the fight was on. Panther swiped his claws against Dingo, and Dingo rained blows on Panther, making the armor glow more and more. W'Kabi and his forces used the silver/vibranium weapons to end many of the werewolves. Finally, Panther threw Dingo away from him, leapt toward the centermost mass of werewolves, and landed in their midst with a punch to the ground. All the built up kinetic energy in his armor transferred to the punch, and the shockwave sent werewolves and Wakandans alike flying, knocking most out.

T'Challa looked up at the armory, and said, "Send down more troops immediately, and finish these werewolves." He looked over to the fallen Dingo just in time to see a square of white light materialize beneath him before he disappeared. His growl was guttural as he seethed, "Doom!"

Castle Latveria

As Dingo materialized on the Time Platform, he began to come to. He was still groggy when Doctor Doom grabbed him by the throat, and hauled him off the floor. "Fool! Have you taken leave of your senses?"

Dingo merely gurgled. His eyes grew large when he looked over Doom's shoulder, and saw Nightshade tied to a giant X at the end of the room, nearly lifeless.

"I sent you and Nightshade's dogs to Wakanda to attack its people, and to draw out their leader, killing him if you were able!"

Dingo gasped, "That's... urk... what... we... did... urk."

"Did I say anything about taking their children?!" Doom roared. Not waiting for an answer, he raged, "Do you not know that every year I fight Mephisto himself for the soul of my own mother?!" Dingo, holding onto Doom's armored wrist with both hands, merely gasped. Doom roared, "DO YOU?!" He turned and threw Dingo into the wall near Nightshade, and the dog-man slumped to the floor.

Wakandan Royal Palace

"My king," called Okoye from the door of T'Challa's private chambers. "You have a package. It's from Latveria." The package hovered next to her on a small Wakandan hover transport.

T'Challa touched his necklace, and the Black Panther armor formed around his body. He tapped it again, and the mask flowed off of his head. "Have you--"

"--Scanned it? Of course," answered Okoye, sounding almost offended.

T'Challa laughed lightly. "Fine, Okoye. Let's open it then." He touched a button on the package with one of his claws, and the box hissed, the top popping open only slightly. A stench emanated from it that made both recoil slightly. The monarch held out his hand, and Okoye handed him her spear. He tipped the box open with the weapon, and was shocked to see the heads of Dingo and Nightshade. Attached to Dingo's ear was a note. Pulling it free, T'Challa read:

My attack was meant for you,

not your nation's children.

Find enclosed a sample of the cure

for Nightshade's lycanthropy,

along with instructions for its manufacture.

I extracted it from her myself,

and it has been tested.

The note bore the flag of Latveria at the top, and Victor Von Doom's personal seal at the bottom.

Okoye growled, "Is this his idea of an apology?!"

Her rage shook T'Challa from his concentration on the note. "Wha...? Oh, yes, it is. Don't worry, Okoye. We will deal with Doom another time." Handing Okoye her spear, he started for the door, ready to start his day as king.

"What should I do with this?" she said, indicating the package.

Without looking back, T'Challa answered, "Burn it. Then bury it."

Okoye looked at the box, then spat in it. Tipping it closed with her spear, and waving at the hover transport's motion sensors, she left to carry out her king's orders. "Good riddance," she said with no satisfaction.

NOTE: Dingo is my OC for this story. The bit about Doom fighting Mephisto for his mother's soul was from What If? #22- one of my favorites. -cb

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anyone thinking of entering has about 22.5 hours left. Tick-tock, peeps.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

11 hours left! Don't let Batkevin74 and I be the only entries again! It's Black Panther, peeps! I know you've got a villain for him in your brain! Write! Write! Write! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

6 hours left! Get your entries in, peeps! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And we're past time. I'm watching a movie- oops. I'll have the voting thread up in a bit.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

and this one :(

hit me up for the next 1 and i will try