Character Creation Contest #79 - Create a Villain for Thor

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
"You think you can beat the god of thunder? I say thee nay!"

Thor. The God of Thunder. Wielding his mighty hammer Mjolnir, this Norseman takes on all challengers. And your challenge is to give him a new foe to fight. Man. Myth. Monster. Mutant. Martian*. Machine**. It doesn't matter. The character just has to be original, and they have to be ready to KICK AS...GARDIAN TAIL!

Can you do it? Are you up to the challenge? I say thee verily! You can't lift the hammer, but you can lift a hand against its master! Bring it, mortals!

*hey, "alien" doesn't begin with "M," okay?

**Thanks to Wildvine for this one. ;)

So, the rules are:
  • Create a villain to fight Thor- the Marvel 616 Thor (main Marvel Thor), not the MCU Thor, Ultimate Marvel Thor, or any other Thor. Let's keep it all on the same playing field for everyone.
  • Write a story where they fight.
  • Name the villain, and let us know what their powers are.
  • Winner is up to you.
  • Deadline is Sunday, October 7th, @11:59PM US Eastern Time. (click the link if you're unsure)

Remember: All are welcome to compete, and the winner gets to pick the next contest.

I'm really glad you're here! Have fun, and see you in eleven days! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop
Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Interesting

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@oscuro said:

Interesting

Enough to show up? Bring it! ;)

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By waezi2

Ha! I have the advantage, I'm a viking descendent!

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

@cbishop: Am I allowed to use Raijin And Fujin as villains?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop
@waezi2 said:

@cbishop: Am I allowed to use Raijin And Fujin as villains?

I had to look those up. If you're talking about the mythology characters, then yes, because they are public domain, and your interpretation of them would count as original characters. If you're talking about the Fujin from Mortal Kombat, then no.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cbishop: Do we post the story here or make a new post and link it?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jexsu said:

@cbishop: Do we post the story here or make a new post and link it?

Just post it here.

Jexsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Nice. I may be able to get something done tomorrow...

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Ooh! I love this and I am on it!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

"Where is the one called Thor?" The man in bluish-white armour holding his katana aloft declared, peals of lightning danced from it that sent the busy New York street into chaos. Civilians fled, cars mounted the sidewalk to get away from the man tearing up the city.

"NYPD!" roared an amplified voice from a police cruiser. "Put the weapon down!"

"BAH!" The man pointed and lightning shot from his hand. The officers scattered as the massive blast exploded the car. "I will speak with Thor, and Thor alone!"

"THOU HAST MY ATTENTION!" Thor roared from above, his mighty weapon Mjolnir spinning above his head to slow his descent. The man watched the thunder god carefully. As Thor touched down the man took a knee and bowed.

"Kaminari-ō, Sūzanō no musuko!" He said solemnly.

"Rise and be recognised, Lightning King, the son of Susanoo god of the storm and sea," Thor replied in All-tongue. "The son of Odin greets you."

"You honour me, Odinson," Lightning King replied as he stood.

"Why dost thou threaten the Midgardians?"

"I was unable to reach the Eternal Realm to issue my challenge," Lightning King replied. "This seemed appropriate."

"Challenge?" Thor looked at him quizzically.

"If I am to ascend to the Eternal Chrysanthemum Throne to take my fathers place, I must be tested in battle," Lightning King said.

"If it is battle, then thou shouldst seek Hercules!" Thor laughed. "He doth crave battle for pure pleasure."

Lightning King shook his head. "I must battle one of the lightning, and add their power to mine."

"You seek to kill me?"

Lightning King nodded. "I take no joy in this."

Thor looked at Lightning King. "If thou raise..." Thor paused as Lightning King's katana came up to eye level. "Thou should rethink thine actions."

"I have no choice, Odinson. To fulfil my destiny and honour my father, you must die!" Lightning King stated as he dropped into a stance.

"Thou must know that I didst not come alone," Thor said as nodded behind Lightning King. He glanced over his shoulder to see Iron Man with his cannons ready, Hawkeye aiming a bow, Vision hovering above, Scarlet Witch readying a spell and She-Hulk cracking her knuckles.

"Say the word Goldilocks," She-Hulk said. "And we'll kick his tail til his nose bleeds."

"THIS IS HOW YOU HONOUR A CHALLENGE BETWEEN GODS!" Lightning King screamed and exploded a ball of lightning upon himself that radiated out like a bomb. Iron Man shielded Hawkeye as Scarlet Witch threw up a shield to protect herself and She-Hulk, Vision copping the brunt of the attack. "YOU MANGY CUR!"

"HAVE AT THEE!" Thor hurled Mjolnir only to watch it be deflected away by Lightning King's sword. The mighty mallet slammed into the forcefield erected by Iron Man sending him and Hawkeye who he was protecting flying. Lightning King leapt forward slashing his weapon.

"I must fulfil my destiny!"

Thor grabbed Lightning King by the wrists and summoned Mjolnir back to his hand. Sensing that an attack from behind was coming, Lightning King headbutted Thor cracking his nose and sending blood everywhere.

"That'll make a list on Buzzfeed," She-Hulk remarked to the reader. "Fastball special, Wanda!"

Scarlet Witch wove her hands like they were covered in taffy, ruby sparks and red energy spun through her hands as she magically lifted She-Hulk into the air and tossed her at Lightning King.

"How dost thou like it?" Thor remarked smashing his forehead into Lightning King's nose, with the same result. The Asian god staggered back to step into the path of the jade cannonball who smashed him across the street.

"I bet he gets up in two panels," She-Hulk stated as she brushed off debris.

"FACE ME LIKE A GOD!" Lightning King roared, a column of lightning ripping up into the darkening sky. "THIS IS MEANT TO BE A WORTHY CHALLENGE, NOT A BRAWL WITH YOUR PETS!"

"See, two panels," She-Hulk pointed out as she grabbed the bottom corner of the page. "Oh and there's more..."

Thor tackled Lightning King and the pair traded blows like schoolboys. Uru stone clanged with immortal steel showering sparks on every exchange.

"This is getting out of hand," Iron Man said. "Wanda, can you send our new friend somewhere."

"Anywhere you have in mind, Tony?" Wanda flexed her fingers.

"He likes to fight, why not send him to someone that needs a good kick up the tail," he said cheekily.

"I'm not sending him to Latveria!" Wanda declared.

"I WAS thinking somewhere else, but now you mention it..."

Lightning King's fingers struck Thor in the eye, which sent the thunder god backwards, leaving his throat exposed. The blade flashed and sliced low across Thor's neck. If he hadn't been moving back the attack would've decapitated him. Thor roared in pain and frustration and uppercut Lightning King in the jaw with Mjolnir sending him skywards.

"NOW!" Iron Man barked from the air.

Vision flew through the god intangibly, slight increasing his density to disrupt the god's nervous system. Lightning King yelped only to be hit in the face by a mace arrow courtesy of the world's best archer. Iron Man flew in and belted the god towards the ground, which put him on a path with She-Hulk who smacked him towards a glowing red portal created by the Scarlet Witch.

"NO!" Thor roared as he raced after his foe but it was too late, the portal winking out of existence. "WHERE DIDST THOU SEND HIM, WITCH?"

Wanda was startled by her teammates fury. "I sent him somewhere he can break whatever he likes and he won't cause any harm."

"WHERE?" Thor grabbed her by the shoulders.

"Remove your hands from my wife, Thor," Vision said as his hand latched onto Thor's shoulder. Thor unclenched his fists and looked down at the crimson curtain flooding down his chest and pooling at his feet.

"Od's...blood..." Thor went white and keeled over.

__

Lightning King stood on a bridge that bent like a corkscrew. The world around him could only be described as drug-adled hallucination given form. "THOR! SHOW YOURSELF!"

Upon the horizon he spotted a cloud of bat wings heading towards him. He raised his sword to call down the lightning but found that something was amiss.

"You shall pay for this, Thunder God!" Lightning King declared as he spun the sword in a circle. "First your pets for their insolence to touch me, then you for being an honourless dog of the lowest order! I shall fulfil my destiny!"

The cloud of wings came closer, a massive purple and green monster at the forefront.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Just checking if I read this right- he got sent to the Negative Zone, and the purple/green monster was Annihilus?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Correct! It was suppose to have a picture but it wouldn’t load.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@cbishop: Solid alliteration but you forgot Machine

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time_Phantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: She hulk breaking the 4th wall was golden! The fight was great. The Lightening King and Thor have to go at it at least one more time.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By cbishop

@wildvine said:

@cbishop: Solid alliteration but you forgot Machine

LOL, so I did! Corrected. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love those last stand endings that leaves a characters fate unknown.

Thinking LK takes it though.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By cbishop

White Lightning dropped the charred, smoking corpse of the banker he had just electrocuted for no other reason than the color of his skin. He took a sip of a clear liquid from the mason jar in his hand, and eyed the third teller. "Your turn," he sneered.

Thor was enraged as he landed, having responded to the distress call relayed from the bank to the police to Avengers Mansion. Knocking the bank doors out of their frames with one mighty blow of his fists, he roared, "What is the meaning of this!?"

"Thor!" declared White Lightning. "At last! The very symbol of the Aryan ideal! Have you come to join me on my quest to cleanse this planet of the foul waste in the human gene pool?" he asked, as he dropped to one knee, bowing before the god.

Thor raised an eyebrow. "Indeed I have," he said, motioning for the electrically powered bigot to stand. "I've only met a group with an agenda such as yours once before. They were called the Marauders, and they strove to end the 'mutie' population that swelled below these very streets."

White Lightning chuckled. "Sounds like my kind of people."

"Yes? And dost thou know what I did for their cause?" asked Thor, as he held his hammer out to his side, electricity crackling across the uru metal.

"What's that?" the man snickered.

Thor swung his hammer, caving in White Lightning's chest, and throwing him across the bank into the stone wall. As he looked on the fallen man, he seethed, "I ended it."

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's time. Voting thread up in a little bit.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Very much so. Honestly, I was binge-watching The Walking Dead on Netflix, and had forgotten about this. Wrote it in the last fifteen minutes before the deadline, with two minutes to spare. I think that's a record for me. :)