Character Creation Contest #75 - Real Life Super Heroes, Unreal Problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop
No Caption Provided

In today's world, there are a mere handful of Real Life Super Heroes. For this contest we're going to give them some comic book problems. Your task is to pick at least one of the Real Life Super Heroes from The Real Life Super Hero Project website, and have them on the case of a super drug that has hit the streets. The super drug gives some kind of super power- that power is up to you- but its side effects are dangerous- those dangers are also up to you. If you want to, you can also add a villain that is associated with the drug- creating, distributing, using, whatever- and/or powers for the Real Life Super Hero.

Edit: You can also use the RLSH Wiki, if desired. Wildvine has pointed out that Mangetsu-Man specifically is missing from the RLSH Project website.

So the rules are:
  • Pick at least one Real Life Super Hero to be on the case of the latest super drug to hit the streets.
  • Create a super drug that gives some kind of super power. Name the drug, and define the super power it gives.
  • Define the dangerous side effects of this drug.

and optional:

• Create a villain that has to do with the drug. (If you do, name the villain)
  • If desired, give the Real Life Super Hero powers.

Deadline is Sunday, July 15th, @11:59PM US Eastern Time. (click the link if you're unsure)

Remember: All are welcome to compete, and the winner gets to pick the next contest.

I'm really glad you're here! Have fun, and see you in two weeks! :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine or @bumpyboo: Will one of you dear ladies please pin this, and unpin the CCC 74 voting thread? Thanks. :)

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Thanks! I'm going to add the link to the OP. :)

BlueEcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Not sure how much we have to tie into the RLSH? Just the name?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

@blueecho: Your RLSH character(s) should bear at least a passing resemblance to their real life counterpart(s)- that's the purpose of the research on the websites. HOWEVER, a) that info is sparse, so therefore up for a bit of creative license, and b) the introduction of an unreal super drug means that things would probably be a bit different, so changes are acceptable.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Trivial note: (Osaka Spider-Cat and Demon's Hand are original creations for this CCC as is The New York Flame and Tiger Dancer. The rest are all real heroes from the RLSHP)

“If you could all take your seats,” Civitron looked around function room 4 of Donald E Stephenson Convention Center in Rosemont, Chicago. It was a good turn out despite the K-Pop Convention that was going on in the other three quarters of the massive building. “Welcome to the fourth annual Real Life Super Hero Project Symposium!”

There was some clapping from the forty strong people in the room, even the three lost K-Pop foxes clapped as they headed for the door.

“My name is Civitron, and as this years Chairperson and organiser, I am very excited by the turnout. We have heroes from all across the country and even some international guests, let me see…” He gazed out to the crowd and pointed. “Take a bow Captain Australia! All the way from Bris-Bain.”

“It’s Brisbane!” The Captain called back before realising it’d take too long to explain that you said it Briz-Bun not Briz-Bain even though it read Brisbane, so he waved and smiled.

“And from Japan, Osaka Spider-Cat!” Civitron pointed to a lithe woman in a purple & white bodysuit with strategic rips. She stood up on her chair and posed for photos before blowing kisses as she sat back down.

“Okay, we have a lot to get through today and its not to late to buy tickets to tonight’s Dinner & Patrol with Mr Xtreme and the Rosemont Police Department. First up, oh silly me, I must thank our sponsors; Dr Wham’s Super Water, who have kindly paid for our space this weekend and provided us with free water,” Civitron held up his bottle of water like he was a model on The Price is Right. “Also, Indicum National, silly name serious banking. And lastly Abraham National 97% Beef Free Franks, the hotdog of choice for the hungry American.”

Civitron checked his notes, he really hated that he had to spruik, but it was the only way that this Symposium and other events would get noticed. He sipped his Dr Wham water and smiled.

“A toast to Real Life Super Heroes!” He raised the bottle and watched as most of the room followed suit. Civitron put the lid back on and smacked his lips, it tasted odd. He glanced at the label to notice it was “now with added lychee!”. “Our first guest is from Portland. Here to talk to us about how to tackle homeless is Zetaman!”

The crowd clapped and Civitron stepped aside. But nobody walked out. There were a few moments of awkward nothing when a man in black with a cane, looking like a future vampire from a steampunk 1800’s comic, strutted onto the stage. Civitron met him halfway.

“The K-Pop convention is…”

“Not why I’m here!” Hissed the man grabbing Civitron by the throat and hurling him off the stage into the crowd. “Heroes and Heroines! May I have your attention! My name is D’yavol Ruka or for those who don’t speak Russian, The Demon’s Hand!”

He held his left arm up, but his right hand was gnarled and twisted, like a T-Rex arm afflicted with muscular dystrophy. “And what good are heroes, if you don’t have a villain.”

The crowd was shocked, and the Demon’s Hand kicked over the lectern for effect. “Anyone going to stop me, or are you just fat losers and children playing dressups?”

“I’ve called the police!” yelled Geist, the green space-cowboy themed hero.

“And I’m going to knock your teeth in!” shouted Captain Australia as he lumbered forward.

“I’m quaking!” Demon’s Hand mocked. “But first let me tell you what’s going to happen before I’m beaten to death by Outback Jack! Each one of you IDIOTS took a bottle of water because you are sheep! And mixed into Dr Wham’s Super Water I placed my drug that you’ll soon start feeling. It’s called Spandexium! It’s quite potent and world changing.”

Captain Australia picked up a row of chairs in one hand and tossed it aside; and stopped noting that he’d done that.

“You see Spandexium grants people super strength for a limited time,” Demon’s Hand explained. “It also enhances stamina. What kind of idiot would give a room full of want to be superheroes actual SUPER POWERS?”

Crimson Fist leapt up into the air in a baffling display of acrobatics, landed in a traditional super hero landing, then cracked his fists. “You’re going down!”

“Oh no whatever shall I do?” Demon’s Hand shrieked in faux terror. “A lone villain surrounded by super heroes with powers…and rage issues.”

Crimson Fist shook his head, as if a wasp had flown up his nose.

“Spandexium does give powers, but with side effects. It affects the sensory organs mainly smell…”

Crimson Fist turned towards the approaching crowd of Real Life Super Heroes and stage dived into them.

“And perception centres. Spandexium gives you powers but makes you attack those covered in latex and bright colours. Hence why I, am wearing black!”

Crimson Fist grabbed Knight Owl by the sides of his goggled head and drove a knee THROUGH his face, blood exploding everywhere. Captain Australia grabbed Fist by the arm and kicked, his boot sinking unnaturally deep into the chest cavity, before he wrenched the arm out and OFF the body, then beat Nyx in the head with the dismembered limb. The super hero fight erupted as they tore into each other in a horrific brawl. Demon’s Hand sat on the stage giggling watching these real-life heroes viscously attack each other. “Imagine when I go full scale at Comic-Con?”

“You’re a bad man!”

Demon’s Hand turned to see two young heroes on the stage; Jetstorm and Soundwave. “Get lost kids!”

“You stop this right now Mister!” yelled Soundwave.

“Or what? You’ll get your mother?” Demon’s Hand sneered. "And how come you didn't get any water?"

"We were in the bathroom," Jetstorm said proudly.

"Surrender or else!" Soundwave declared.

"I'll take your or else," Demon's Hand laaughed. "I suppose you'll coat me in silly string or toss glitter at me?"

The brothers looked at each other and Soundwave charged forward then skidded into a ball at Demon’s Hand’ feet. The villain looked at the child who was now a lump. Suddenly Jetstorm ran forward jumped off his brother and double kicked the bad guy in the face and neck. Soundwave flipped up and the pair stood in martial arts poses.

"How's that glitter working for you?" Jetstorm said cheekily

“Jetstorm turn on the heaters,” he pointed at the control panel at the back of the room. “Heat should help make’em sweat out the stuff.”

“On it bro!”

“I’ll deal with stumpy!” Soundwave declared as he motioned for the villain to come get him.

“STUMPY! WHY YOU LITTLE MAGGOT!!” Demon’s Hand pulled out a sword from his cane.

“Oh $#!+!” Soundwave muttered as he ducked under the violent swings. The crowd of heroes ripped into each other, unable to stop. Those who hadn’t drunk the water were fighting for their lives. Jetstorm dashed through the melee narrowly missing being squished by Osaka Spider-Cat who punched a hole several inches deep into the floor.

“If you’re happy and you know it clap your…oh you can’t!” Soundwave jeered as he avoided impaling. He ducked in and kicked Demon’s hand in the knee and punched him in the kidney. Demon’s Hand roared more in frustration than injury.

“I’m going to wear your skin!”

“That’s really twisted, man. Like you need help.” Soundwave said.

Jetstorm got to the panel to have Ragnesi, the hero who dressed like the Undertaker, block his path. Around him were several freshly dead heroes; Vigilante Spider; The New York Flame, Tiger Dancer.

“Come here you bright little puke!” He roared. Jetstorm was terrified and ran straight at him and then slid between his legs. He kicked the occult hero in the back of the knee making him fall.

“God bless tae-kwon-do classes! Thanks mom,” muttered Jetstorm as he threw open the panel and flipped every switch. The lights went off, the ambient music went into annoyingly loud, and the heaters went on.

Demon’s Hand lashed out and grabbed the junior hero by the hair. “Any last words?”

“BALLS!” Soundwave yelled and followed through on his call. Demon’s Hand folded like a napkin, clutching his junk. “Danny? Danny, where are you?”

“HELP ME, ERIC!” Jetstorm screamed from the darkness.

Soundwave pulled out his cell phone and switched it into torch mode. He could see up the back a large man had cornered his brother. “NO!”

He leapt off the stage and sprinted through the melee that was still happening. Ragnesi punched a hole in the wall, then another as the tried to splatter Jetstorm.

“LEAVE MY BROTHER ALONE!” Soundwave yelled jump kicking into the hip of Ragnesi knocking him off balance. The brothers hugged in the corner when suddenly the lights came on and the music went off.

“WHAT IS THE MEANING OF TH…OH MY GOD!” The functions manager of the Donald E Stephenson Convention Center promptly stopped being angry and vomited at the charnel house that filled the room.

Ragnesi went to attack again when he stopped, shook his head. “What the hell?”

Jetstorm and Soundwave breathed a sigh of relief.

--

“…amatic scenes here today, Chad, when a group of super heroes attacked each other during a convention. Seems a super villain named Demon Hand drugged them with Spandexium.”

“Sounds dangerously Caitlyn.”

“Indeed Chad. Fourteen dead, including a Japanese national, over twenty injured but from all reports the two youngest members of the Real Life Super Hero community DID save the day. Their names are Soundstorm…sorry Soundwave and Jetstorm and we’ll be speaking to them right after these messages.”

Demon’s Hand watched the Channel 44 TV broadcast on the TV’s at Best Buy. “I’ll get those two little brats if it’s the last thing I do.”

“Um, can I help you sir?”

Demon’s Hand turned to see a store employee named Chuck standing nearby. He regained his composure and slowly slunk out of the store.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Kudos for the Chuck appearance! :) Btw, Soundwave is a girl. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@cbishop: Really? Oh well in this fictional universe she’s a he, and I made a mistake on her gender because I only did look at the picture and didn’t read about them. Might go back and edit it...probably won’t though

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: lol, I thought that before reading too, but I should have spied the earrings and clued in. I did the reading, and watched several YouTube videos as well. Of them all, there a few really good eggs- like those two kids- who do a lot of good charity work while having fun dressing as superheroes. Some of them are a bit crazy, and several of them are just sad, man... sad histories, I mean. Phoenix Jones in Portland, Oregon is waaaay into it, having put over ten grand into his suit, and according to Geist, Death's Head Moth is the one most like Batman- actually fighting crime in Norfolk, Virginia, and keeping his identity a secret. I actually thought you would have picked up on that guy. ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cbishop

The War on Wishes

Norfolk, Virginia

Dylan Smack held the capsule with the pale blue light between his thumb and forefinger, and brought it up level with his wide eyes. "Whoa," he whispered. "What is this, homes?" Then remembering that his guys were watching, he became sterner. He shrugged, and said, "XLR8R? Firewater? Frost? Blanks? Evo? Why should I push this instead of Vig?"

The man clad in grey plate armor and dressed in blue leaned forward, his mask only revealing his smile, but they would have known he was smiling from the glee in his voice. "Because this is Wish! You'll be able to charge more for each hit, and your customers will pay it... guaranteed."

Rolling the pill between his fingers, the light flickered inside. Watching it play across the walls of the dark, nearly empty warehouse, Dylan said, "Legit? Just how addictive is it?"

Standing up straight again, the man said, "Oh, it's not ...at all. But I promise you that once your customers get a taste, they won't be able to stay away. They will come back for more. And you won't have to solicit anyone after the first few. When others see what it can do, they'll come to you."

Smack scoffed. "Wack. Who ever heard of a non-addictive drug catching on like that?"

"Maybe you'd like to try it?" asked the masked man with a smirk.

"I'll stick to Vig, man." Dylan flipped the pill back to the man like a coin, and the man caught it in his fist. "You're selling dreams."

Smiling smugly, the man said, "No. I'm selling wishes."

Scoffing again, Dylan said, "You stupid, homes." Snapping a finger at his gang, he said, "Let's go, guys."

"Actual wishes," the man said louder. "In a pill."

Dylan stopped, and turned back slowly.

"How much would you pay for that?" asked the man.

"Bull," challenged the dealer.

"Again- maybe one of you would like to try it," said the man, offering the pill on an outstretched palm.

"Yo, Smack," said one of his boys. "I'll try it. Just if things get stupid, don't let my moms see me until I'm right again."

The two bumped fists, and Dylan said, "A'ight, C-Note."

C-Note strutted back over to the armored man, looked at his inscrutable mask, and swore he saw light dance behind the white eye lenses. Sniffing once, he picked up the pill, looked at it, and said, "How's this work?"

"Just take the pill, and wish for something," the man said, sounding almost threatening.

"Wish for something?" asked C-Note, looking slightly confused. "Wish for what?"

The man pinched his fingertips together next to the pill in C-Note's hand, and flicked them open, pulling his hands outwards in an exploding motion, and whispered, "Anything!" The whisper seemed to echo around the warehouse, making the other gang members look around nervously.

C-Note snorted once. "Anything," he laughed. "A'ight, homes, we'll see." With no ceremony, he popped the pill into his mouth, and swallowed. He felt no different, but he looked at his chest, and watched the blue light shine from inside him, working its way down to his gut. He laughed aloud, and turned towards his homies, all of whom- even Smack- got wide-eyed. "Will you look at this?" declared C-Note. "A'ight! Aight, homes!" he declared, pointing back at the man. "You want a wish?" Turning back to the gang, he nodded, smirked, held his arms wide, and said, "I wish I had twenty million dollars and some bitches to celebrate with!"

His boys started to cheer their approval when a stack of money appeared between them and C-Note, along with ten mutts of varying breeds. The cheering stopped, and the gang jumped backwards before inching forward slightly. "Yo, what the--?" said C-Note. "What's with these fuggin' dogs, dude?"

"You asked for bitches," stated the man. "Bitch: a female dog, wolf, fox, or otter." With a sinister chuckle, he wagged his finger, shrugged, and said, "You could have wound up with wolves, you know." Crossing one arm over his chest, and resting the other elbow on it, he curled a finger against his lip, and said, "The otters might have been cute. Never foxes though. No. Foxes are trouble."

Dylan, having moved no closer to the money and dogs, called out, "Yo. Peeps don't get what they wish for, they gonna start beef."

"Then I suggest you tell them what they should already know: be careful what you wish for," growled the man.

C-Note did a slow walk around the money, and the dogs jumped around him happily.

Dylan looked at the pile of money, and stared at the man for a long minute. Finally, he asked, "How much?"

The man waved his hands, and oil drums of the glowing pills appeared before him. "I'll give you all that you want," he said with a bow.

"Huh," Dylan scoffed. "What's the catch?"

"You have to give away the first hit, and you can't sell anyone more than three," said the man, holding up three fingers for emphasis. "A person only gets three wishes, after all. Remember: you can sell the second and third hits for as much as you like, and they're going to pay."

Dylan narrowed his eyes. "You're pretty sure about this."

"I am."

"Anything else?" Smack asked.

"Just two more things," said the man, holding up a finger. He suddenly disappeared, and reappeared right in front of Dylan, making him flinch. Motioning with his finger for Dylan to lean closer, he leaned to the dealer's ear, and whispered. Then aloud, he said, "And remember: you must tell them this before you sell them the third hit."

Dylan looked shaken, but covered it with a deep breath. "I got one more thing too," he said. "I don't work with no one that I don't know."

"Ah, a wise decision," said the man, sounding pleased. Bowing slightly, he said, "You may call me The Wishing Demon," and a guttural growl seemed to come from the masked man.

Smack hid his fear, but began sweating. "You said you had two more things. What's the other one," he asked, not really wanting to know the answer.

"Oh!" exclaimed the Wishing Demon, suddenly standing bolt upright. He pointed a thumb over his shoulder, and growled, "Make sure you clean up after your bitches before you leave." With that, he disappeared.

The gang looked over towards C-Note and the money, and saw that three of the dogs were peeing on the cash.

"Damn, C-Note! Clean that crap up, and meet us back at the crib!" shouted Dylan.

"Why me?" complained C-Note.

"Because you're the one that wished for dogs, stupid!" Snapping a finger, he ordered, "Everyone else get those barrels on a truck."

"Yo, Smack," called C-Note, petting one of the dogs as it licked his face happily. "What'd he whisper in your ear? What we gotta tell junkies before they buy a third hit?"

Dylan looked at C-Note uncomfortably. Then he told him.

Richmond, Virginia- Three Months Later

"What?" Detective Paulette barked angrily.

"Mary, I'm not any happier about it than you are," Captain Swayfer said calmly. "It's a joint investigation now though. Orders from the top."

"Since when does the Secret Service need to get involved in a drug ring?" Mary seethed.

"Since it threatens to destabilize the value of the dollar," came a voice from behind her.

Mary and her partner, Gragg Chaffin, turned to see a tall man in a black suit and tan trench coat, followed closely by a woman in a grey suit. He was bald with a handlebar mustache, and she had short blonde hair.

"Captain," acknowledged the man. "I'm Agent Heironymous with the Secret Service. This is my partner, Agent Crystal Salt."

"This is Detectives Paulette and Chaffin," said the captain. "Now, how is Wish destabilizing the dollar?"

"You get a wish," he said, pointing at Mary. "What do you wish for?"

"For you to get off my case and out of my hair," Mary answered sarcastically.

Heironymous just chuckled. "How about you?" he asked Chaffin.

"Probably to win the lottery," answered Gragg.

Heironymous nodded. "And if that's how buyers state their wish, that's not as much of a problem. Winning the lottery means their answered wish is drawing from real, existing money, and if they don't specify the lotto jackpot, many are finding that they only win a few dollars."

"It's the ones that just wish for a million dollars that are hurting us," continued Agent Salt. "That money's coming out of thin air without the Treasury. Most people can't hold onto that kind of windfall. They spend it, and it's gone."

"Looks like that would ultimately strengthen the economy," said Chaffin.

"It might," acknowledged Heironymous, "but there's that old idea that if you redistributed the world's wealth to everyone equally, after awhile it would wind up back in the hands of those who were rich originally. That's what's happening here, and that money's getting spent on corporate mergers, investments overseas, and such."

"There's also the criminal element, given that this problem is stemming from a drug," said Salt. "Some of that magic money is going into the drug trade, spreading Wish beyond its starting point, not to mention old standbys like cocaine. It's getting to the weapons trade too. It could end up arming terrorists, or even purchasing nuclear materials for countries like Pakistan or North Korea."

"Okay, so you guys are trying to solve a Treasury problem," said Mary. "We're trying to stop bodies from dropping. Wish is killing off nearly everybody who takes it."

"Only after their third hit," said Heironymous. "Dealers have been telling their buyers that when they use the third hit, they lose their souls."

Mary rolled her eyes, and looked to the captain. "Really?"

"You can't really believe that, Agent Heironymous?" asked the captain.

"Do you have another explanation for the dead in this case?" he asked. "The dealers are very careful to give this warning. They seem almost scared not to. Wish is magic in a pill. It's not a hard stretch to imagine it's created by a jinn. Jinns are about enslavement; either the jinn are enslaved to those that make the wishes, or those that make the wishes are enslaved to the jinn. It seems that here, we're dealing with the latter. Instead of souls on a one-by-one basis, the jinn's reach has been multiplied exponentially, taking souls by the hundreds as this drug spreads. It continues to spread, because the word is out that it's non-addictive, and most don't believe that it can actually take their soul."

"We know it started in Norfolk, but like you said, it's spreading," observed Mary. "So where do we start?"

"We start at the beginning," answered Salt. "Norfolk, like you said. We had some info coming in from Death's Head Moth, but he's been silent for about six weeks now."

"Wait a minute," laughed Chaffin. "The super hero guy? That's your informant?"

"He's been the boots on the ground," Crystal answered, "and he has a network that we don't. He was supposed to be bringing in help."

"Help?" repeated Captain Swafer.

"Aw, crap. Really?" complained Paulette. "He's bringing in more of those clowns?"

"Norfolk PD isn't too interested in dealing with the Liberteens," Heironymous said quietly. "We're going to need help."

Chaffin laughed again. "The Liberteens? Really?! We have to deal with the Slang Gang?"

"Who?" Mary asked in a tone that said she really didn't want to know.

"I know them from my days in the Norfolk narcotics unit. The Liberteens operate from an underpass on West Liberty Street. It's part of a parking lot. They have super powers, and they're nicknamed the Slang Gang, because they're all named after a slang term that goes with their powers. Like their leader, Dylan Smack, aka The Pusher. He's telekinetic, aka he can push things with his mind."

Mary groaned.

"Oh, that's just the tip of the iceberg. It gets worse," Chaffin assured her.

"Great," sighed Mary. Then, looking to Heironymous, she said, "The sooner we get to Norfolk, the sooner we get this over with."

"Right," he said. "Captain," he acknowledged as they headed for the door.

"Keep me informed," Swafer called after them.

Norfolk, Virginia - Three Days Later - The West Liberty Street Underpass of the Liberteens

Agent Salt and The Crimson Fist stood back-to-back, taking swings at Flipside as he teleported around them. They had landed a few punches, but mostly they were missing.

"This is getting us nowhere!" Crystal shouted in frustration.

"Stay focused," huffed Fist. "We'll get him eventually."

Just then, a wild swing by Salt clipped the teleporter. Flipside fell back into one of his own portals, tumbling out in front of The Crimson Fist, who decked him with another blow.

"Finally," said Fist as he dropped to his knees.

"Amen, brother," sighed Salt as she sank to a sitting position, and leaned against his back. "Where the hell is Death's Head Moth? We haven't seen him yet."

Heironymous was busy with Solid- a hulking juggernaut with a smooth, stone exterior, and super strength. They had been trading blows that were shattering car windows all over the lot, knocking each other on their butts, and destroying cars when they landed on them.

"I can do this all day, grandpa!" taunted Solid.

Heironymous tossed his trench coat aside, and began rolling up a sleeve. "Son, I'm about to show you your limits."

Taking a deep breath, the humanoid dragon let out a stream of fire that caught the rock-bodied teen full in the chest. Solid kept advancing on Heironymous, his torso starting to glow a fiery orange. He slowed some, and as he got within arm's reach, the agent punched him full force in the solar plexus. It sent Solid tumbling, and bits of rock flying off of his body. His body landed hard in the dirt and dug a trench for several yards before he came to a rest, unconscious.

Heironymous picked up his coat and snapped it in the air once to shake off the dirt. Grunting, he said, "Damn. That boy's tough."

Detective Chaffin was mostly getting tagged by the invisible woman they called Fade. Phantom Zero was using all the illusions at his disposal to try to trick her into showing herself.

"Your tricks are useless against me," came a voice that seemed to float on the air.

"Are they?" asked Phantom Zero as he dropped some smoke pellets.

In the smoke, the outline of Fade's body appeared. Gragg smiled as he moved in. "Now we're on an even playing field."

Hot Sistah began glowing red hot, and started to advance on Detective Paulette. "I'm gonna burn you, pig."

Mary gritted her teeth. Realizing that her baton was only going to melt against Hot Sistah's heat, Mary dropped it, pulled her gun, and shot Hot Sistah in the chest four times. She dropped, scorching the grass around her, and immediately started to cool to normal. "I'm getting really sick of this," she said as she holstered her gun, and picked up her baton.

Soundwave gave off a sonic scream; the sound wave crashing into C-Note's slightly more powerful scream. The sound bounced around them, shattering windows out on the street, and causing small cracks in the support columns of the overpass. C-Note suddenly grunted and fell to the ground. Soundwave stopped screaming when she saw Detective Paulette slapping her baton in her open palm.

"Thanks," she said in a small voice.

"You're welcome," Mary said brightly. "Good job."

Jetstorm was chasing Coolbreeze all over the lot, the two speedsters ducking and dodging various projectiles being thrown by the other. Rocks, old window handles, a rear view mirror, broken bottles, and even a car door.

"Even a race car can't beat me!" called Jetstorm. "I'm going to catch you!"

"We'll see about that, brat!" shouted Coolbreeze, just before he was clotheslined by Super Hero.

"Cool your heels, 'Breeze," said Super Hero, a grin spreading across his face. "God, I love this!" he called out, high fiving Jetstorm as he ran by.

Mutinous Angel and Geist were in a full-on hand-to-hand battle with Throwdown and Freestyle. It was like watching a ninja and a Forties pulp hero trade blows with a couple of acrobatic gang bangers. In the end, it was no contest. Throwdown and Freestyle lay defeated. Mutinous Angel pulled out a pair of handcuffs, and Geist produced a long ziptie. Securing their opponents, they shook each other's hand, and dragged the teens over to the pile of Liberteens being made by the group of officers and heroes.

"That wasn't fun at all," Gragg muttered aloud.

"Speak for yourself," said Super Hero, clapping him on the back.

"How did you two get powers?" Heironymous asked Soundwave and Jetstorm.

Soundwave looked at the ground for a second, then looked up and winced. "We're really not supposed to tell," she said.

"Yeah, it's our secret origin!" chimed Jetstorm.

Mary half-grinned, but then groused, "What I want to know is where the heck is Death's Head Moth? We haven't seen him the entire time we've been here!"

"And where's the Pusher?" asked Salt. "He's the only one that seems to be missing."

A voice that seemed to come from everywhere answered, "The answer to both of your questions is above you."

The group looked up, then quickly stepped back from the piled gang as a the body of the Pusher fell from the shadows of the underpass. Attached to a climbing cable, he decelerated safely to just a few inches short of the pile before the cable snapped off his belt and dropped him onto the heap. Then Death's Head Moth appeared from the same shadows, sliding gracefully down the cable, and making the small jump from the top of the pile to the ground.

"I was busy rounding him up," he said to Salt, pointing a thumb over his shoulder at Dylan Smack.

"'Bout time you showed up," Heironymous said gruffly.

"I was complying with a wish," said the black-clad hero. "I was busting a Liberteen drug deal, and that Freestyle kid popped a pill and wished for me to disappear. So I dropped smoke pellets and did just that. I granted his wish, but wasn't able to reveal myself again until one of you knocked him unconscious."

Mary nodded at the hero's explanation. "Great, so we got them all. Now what?"

Heironymous sighed. "Now comes the hard part- rounding up the Wish supply, and taking out the other networks that are springing up. Unfortunately, the Liberteens aren't the only supply of this anymore."

"Not hard at all," came the voice of Death's Head Moth.

The group looked around, and the hero was gone. Looking up, they saw a pale blue light shining in the shadows, barely illuminating the dull metal mask, and almost lighting up the stylized skull and crossbones on his chest. "I wish," he started as they all gasped, "that the pill I just took was the last pill of any supply of the drug called Wish, and that no more could ever be made."

Norfolk, Virginia - the Warehouse of the Wishing Demon

There was a bright blue flash as the barrels of Wish that the Wishing Demon had conjured all evaporated into nothing. Stomping his foot, he yelled, "Nooo!" Jumping up-and-down angrily, he shouted, "No! No! No! No! No! No! No!"

He fumed over his loss as he cast his gaze around the empty warehouse. Then he sighed, which turned into a light laugh. "Oh, well," he said with a wave of his hand, "it was good while it lasted. Back to doing it the old fashioned way." With that, he disappeared. And then so did the warehouse, leaving only a windblown lot.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's time. @batkevin74, looks like it's one-on-one again. I'll have the voting thread up shortly.