Character Creation Contest #46 - The Cupid Contract

• 60 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

The Cupid Contract

I was asked to restore this by someone I like very much, so here it is. -cb

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

I know we just whacked Santa a couple of months ago, but this month the holiday hitmen are at it again, because I'm putting a contract out on Cupid. I tried to resist the idea, but what's that chunky cherub done for me lately? I haven't had a date in I don't knowhow... <ahem> Well... I want him gone. Do you hear me? Gone. Nixed. Forever eighty-sixed. The longest vacation. Whacked. Never heard from again. Feeding the fishes. Pushing up daisies. Rubbed out. Heck, playing the harp on a cloud somewhere- he looks the part! I don't really care how you do it, but do it!

No Caption Provided

There's a clock on this contract- I need it done in two weeks. Do you hear me? Two weeks! That means you've got 'til 11:59PM on Wednesday, March 2nd, New York time! (Google "NY time" if you're not sure)

Okay, so look, in plain English: your story has to be about an original character (OC) that tries to kill Cupid. I don't care what you tie it to- DC, Marvel, the Muppets, your personal long running epic, or an all new, all original story, but your OC has to try to kill Cupid. Whether your OC succeeds or not is up to you, but they've got to be out to kill him.

Happy hunting. And remember: two weeks.

No Caption Provided
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Hmm interesting

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

And yet we have never done a Halloween contest.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By wildvine

@cbishop: I understand why there has yet to be a Halloween contest. Doesn't make it less of a sin.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 20

#7 BumpyBoo  Moderator

Gonna be keeping an eye on the entries for this one. Definitely in that place, lol.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Your winged nappy @$$ is cooked!

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BumpyBoo  Moderator

@cbishop: Noooo, I'm too salty. If I did, I'd have to temp ban myself for language and excessive use of inappropriate themes XD

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Wow, sounds like a bad Valentines Day

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo said:

Gonna be keeping an eye on the entries for this one. Definitely in that place, lol.

Well I'm out then. I didn't get into the writing business for people to read me.

BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 BumpyBoo  Moderator
BumpyBoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 BumpyBoo  Moderator

@cbishop: Thought you might have. Nah, I only created it really to see if anonymity would help with the self-consciousness I felt about writing. It didn't.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: But not too late or silly or unnecessary to bring it up again? Nope. No double standard here.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: It's not, but thanks for the sentiment. Much appreciated.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I have been silently watching over these contests for several months now, refraining from commenting or contributing anything useful.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To all,

Sorry for turning out the lights and leaving like that. I'm having a bad few months. I was asked to restore this by someone I like very much as a person, so it is now retored. I hope you all still decide to enter.

-cbishop

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Cool thanks for that, hope March brings something brilliant to you. You deserve it

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

I'm writing. I'm writing.

Don't go cancelling contest on whims

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I had no doubt you would be here, Mr. Perfect Attendance. ;^D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By ImpurestCheese

Well here's my entry

Lindsey vs Cupid

Agatha clutched the plush doll close to her chest as she walked through the knee length grass after Samuel. The pair of them were best friends, and even at the tender age of eleven people in the village stated that they were a perfect pair. To be honest through both Agatha and Samuel were too young to understand the concept of love, beyond the love of their family and whatever toys or books were considered precious to them.

“Hey Agatha, I think I found something over here!” Samuel called as he bent down and investigated what looked like a pair of blue gemstones gleaming out of the undergrowth. “I think it’s…” Before he could finish what he was saying the animal whose eyes they were leapt out of the undergrowth knocking Samuel onto his front before barrelling past Agatha, knocking her down and causing the plush doll falling into the grass.

“Samuel!!” Agatha screamed, as she got to her feet, dirt smeared down her face and dress.

“Agatha don’t worry I’m here.” Samuel called as he hugged her, just as the undergrowth rustled again. “I think we should get out of here!” He added, as he took Agatha’s hand and the pair of them ran towards the village, the lights gleaming in the early evening gloom.

“But Lindsey!!” Agatha called, as her doll was left behind in the grass. Stirring slightly the doll orientated its head upwards and saw a chubby man dressed in a hooded sweat shirt and jeans, his beer belly bulging out from under his clothes, a quiver slung over his back. As the malicious energy that had animated the doll swept through its plush body, hatred appeared across the puppet’s face. It wouldn’t forget that man, and it sure as hell wouldn’t forgive.

Ten Years Later

Cupid took a deep sniff from the flowers in the park as he watched the young couples walking along the paths and sitting on the edge of the fountain. Love was in full bloom, and while he worked almost every day of the year, Valentine’s Day was indeed the busiest time of the year for him. While love was what attracted him to those people he helped, misery was almost as attractive to him. While the majority of the park were in love, there was one hotspot where hatred and malice was radiating outwards like a beacon to the ‘harbinger of love’. Flying over to the bushes off the main path, Cupid peered inside to see a little girl of eleven, maybe twelve sobbing.

“I think a little childhood crush is required here.” Cupid stated, as the little girl looked up at the floating man, her grey eyes glowering at him with hatred. With an angry hiss she reached up towards him and lashed out, her nails cutting through his chest with a lot more force than a girl of eleven should be able to muster.

“I hate you!!” The little girl screamed, as he darted back as the girl dressed in a red dress overlaid with a white waistcoat emerged from the bushes hissing and snarling. Looking around he noticed that none of the couples could see him or the girl. With a wicked sneer he knocked one of the arrows in his bow and fired, only to see the bolt phase through the girl and thud into the tree behind where she was standing.

“So you are a spirit or some kind of mystical construct then?” Cupid asked, as he knocked another arrow and fired, only for the girl to summon up a halo of blue fireballs, the first of them incinerating the bolt whilst the remainder of fireballs slammed into Cupid, his body blazing for a few seconds before he flew straight up towards the towers of the city. Hissing with rage, the little girl took off after him, the pair of them phasing into the office building, the men and women oblivious to the two supernatural beings who has entered their workspace.

“You took her away from me!” The little girl screamed. “You took her away from me!” She repeated, as she ran at him, long black nails formed from shadow sprouting from her hands. Rolling his eyes Cupid fired three arrows at the girl, all three thudding into her flesh, although that did nothing to slow her down, her talons slashing his chest open.

“Ah yes, ten years ago just outside that little village by the sea.” Cupid stated, as he reached out and twisted the arrows with a telekinetic grip. “I recall the two children Samuel and Agatha, two children in the early stages of love, but I don’t recall you. Tell me where were you in all this?”

“I was the doll in Agatha’s arms.” The little girl snarled as the bolts twisted into the shadow flesh of the girl. “I was knocked from her arms by a Sylveon!” She screamed, as the flesh evaporated to reveal a small black humanoid figure with glowing red eyes and a yellow mouth that looked like it had been zipped up. With an inhuman scream the figure flew at Cupid, elongated talons slashing through his face and knocking him to the floor with a thud.

“It that a Pokémon?” One man asked, as the office workers got to their feet and started backing away from the newly appeared figure.

“Evacuate the building and call security, it looks like a wild Banette got into the office.” Another stated as all the office workers filed out of the room, save for a young woman with shoulder length blonde hair dressed in a purple business suit who cowered behind her desk. With wide eyes the woman watched as an arrow slammed into the Banette causing the Pokémon to scream in pain, before launching a wave of Will ’o’ Wisp fireballs at something unseen, the flames washing over an unseen figure, blue flames running up and down the invisible threats arms and legs.

“Tell me what you want from me fell spirit?” Cupid asked, as he blocked Banette’s Shadow Claw attack with his bow, before stabbing an arrow into the Pokémon’s arm. “What is it you need from me to allow your soul to rest?” He asked, as the Banette gripped the arrow stabbed into its plush body and dove the bolt deeper into its flesh.

“I want you to suffer!” Banette hissed in the language of its species, red light radiating off its body before it radiated out and washed over Cupid, both of the combatants screaming in pain as spiritual energy struck them. “I want my Agatha back!!” it screamed, as Cupid drew another arrow, only for his quiver to send an electrical surge down his body.

“I will not let a fell construct like you destroy me!” Cupid roared, as he was forced to materialize into the visible spectrum, his sudden appearance causing the cowering office worker to gasp in surprise. “You would attempt to disrupt the happiness of Samuel Oak and Agatha Willows of Pallet Town? How selfish of you spirit!” He snarled, as he removed a grey tipped bolt from a concealed leg quiver and knocked it into his bow. “Since you were created by hatred and despair, this lead tipped arrow of loathing should create a feedback to destroy you!”

“Wait Lindsey?!” The woman called, her voice causing Cupid and the Banette to turn round in surprise. “Lindsey is that you?”

“Agatha?!” Lindsey replied in joy as she soared over to Agatha, the girl she had known replaced by a beautiful young woman.

“How did this happen?” Agatha asked in surprise, as the Banette nuzzled her, just as Cupid lowered his bow.

“The doll you lost was animated by a spirit creature called Shuppet, using its anger at being abandoned it sought you out in an attempt to destroy you.” Cupid murmured, as the Banette landed on Agatha’s shoulder. “It is a danger to all and must be destroyed,” He added, “as he aimed the arrow at Agatha, your feelings on the creature are paramount to its existence.” He continued, as he released the ‘arrow of loathing’ at Agatha, only for Lindsey to intercept the bolt, her body glowing purple for a moment, before falling to the ground. As she did a flash of blue energy erupted from her body and crashed through the roof of the building, before arching East out of Celadon City.

“Lindsey? Lindsey!” Agatha screamed, as she picked up the unmoving body of the Banette, Cupid screamed, the floor of the building cracking open as several Pokémon spirits emerged, each one grabbing a part of Cupid and dragging him down into the earth, the tiled floor reforming after he had been dragged down. Sobbing Agatha heard a noise behind her and spun round to see Samuel and his Pokémon partner Nidoking running out of the stairwell.

“Agatha are you okay?!” Samuel called as he ran over to her and placed a reassuring hand on her shoulder. “We were told that there was a wild Pokémon in the building.”

“Samuel where do Pokémon go when they die?” Agatha asked, as she held the Banette’s body out for him to see.

“There was an old cemetery in Lavender Tower, although Sliph Co is building a new office building there despite claims from the locals that Pokémon spirits will retake their sacred resting place.” Samuel replied, as he helped Agatha up. “If we leave now we can be there in three days.” He added. “First we must tell Officer Jenny that a Pokémon has died, whoever’s responsible will pay for this crime.” He snapped, his sudden sharpness causing Agatha to be a little scared of him. It was almost like that the death of Cupid had changed Samuel, she thought as she brushed a few slithers of lead off her dress.

“I think he already has.” Agatha whispered, as the pair of them walked towards the stairwell. “Whoever or whatever he was.”

Agatha watched as the Nincada and Sandshrew owned by the head sexton finished covering Lindsey’s grave. Silently she placed a plush doll by the headstone, before stroking the dolls head, just as something flew behind her. Turning she saw a swirling cloud of gas with a wicked looking smile and eyes.

“Oh I’m sorry for disturbing you Gastly.” Agatha stated, as the Sexton and his Pokémon headed back towards the little hut in the grounds of the new Sliph Co building. Coming close the Gastly nuzzled her, before resting on her arm. “Wait? Lindsey?” She gasped, as the Gastly flew round her head before returning to its resting place. “I’ve missed you Lindsey. After you died I got fired and broke up with Samuel, I don’t know what to do” She added, her eyes tearing, only for the Gastly to lick them off her face. “I never went on a Pokémon journey when I was a kid, maybe now’s the time…what do you say Lindsey?” She asked the Gastly, as the Pokémon whirled round her body before landing on her shoulder. “Okay let’s go, we have a lot to learn if we’re going to be the very best.”

Full123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I wanna do a Greek Mythology one, is that alright? BTW, I'm new, don't judge me too harshly.