Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

Time Travel

And it’s VOTING TIME! Hooray! Do your democratic thing and pick the one time travel story you like

We had 2 simple rules

1) An odd original device that causes the time travel. Like a Hot Tub or DeLorean or phonebox but these as you may have guessed have already been taken, so think up your own!

2) Anywhere in the past you like but only in a backwards direction. So if you want to bounce around fine but it’s for eg: 1965, 1886 then 428BC not 1886, 1965 then 1900. One direction and it’s backwards so they ain’t coming back from their excellent or bogus journey.

The nominees stories are in the spoiler boxes under their names

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Backs wards in times.

The 8 year old twin wards of Sister Back.

They played in the sunshine in planet of Earth.

Ran, stumbled, swam, laughed, cried, hopped, rested and the like.

To the old scary round thing that has sharp edges and spins they went.

Played there.

Collapsed, both.

ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIRK!

Their legs cut off.

Screaming. Dreadful. Sister Back hears. Goes to the old sharp roundie, fast. Roars for help.

Recoveries take weeks. Lying in bed.

Now wards of backs get fake lowerbodies. Mechanic. They work splendidly.

Something`s odd about the machines. What?

They play again, using the mechanics for the second day (rehabilitation took three hours, due to advances in nanite technology). Away from the razor thing. Under stern supervision of Backs.

Both stumble backwards. First time they have, with the legs. Backwards.

They hit floor, but it happens in 2105.

What is happening? We know, the young wards don`t.

They look around. Think this is scary.

Looking around the room. Full of things they haven`t seen before. Out the window they look. The tree that grows delicious fruits is shorter. They start to make terrified sounds. They look out of the room. Pretty much the same, but the wallpapers are different. That`s a new statue.

What´s happening!?

They walk around cautiously. Feeling cold.

The houses owner, Mr. Olio Antlia Tut Tava Huurre, hears suspicious sounds upstairs.

Takes something to hit with, in case robbery is commencing.

Upstairs goes.

Shouts, but cuts himself short when notices boys. Them! They`re them!

Boys are dreadfully scared, stumble backwards again. Almost identically. Twins are odd.

2065 is the year. They lie on the floor. The other ward has materialized inside a table that has a tv on top of it. Wasn`t there a second ago.

Luckily the twin isn`t dead because a thing is in a place where it`s supposed to be (because, if the tables leg shouldn`t be inside the twin, it wouldn`t be inside the twin). Which is the machine.

They shriek. Shriek they.

A door is opened behind them. Olio Antlia Tut Tava Huurre is as baffled and alarmed as his mother, when she found out he was born without his other hand.

To twins runs. Clams them down. Calms them down. Asks what this is about.

One twin wonders why they keep changing places. The other shocked is, too much, for wondering to take place.

Takes them with him to a repair shop of prosthetics. They tell him the story they`ve got. Astounding. Conclusions are made. But only exists that kind of travel in fiction, right?

At the shop they find out that the mechanolegs are too sophisticated a technological piece. Owner doesn`t know how to repair it. Is creeped out.

Reporters interview them all. The story feels dubious. It`s obscure already when it`s born. Besides, there`s been numerous persons reporting of this happening to them, in different ways.

Mentions of a red flying phone booth. Going trough a tunnel in to another century. Having a dream about traveling to the future and when waking up, noticing there`s an artefact in pocket, not there before. But all of those have been proven false. Well, not all.

Raises the boys, since finds out that their legal guardian isn`t born yet.

They undergo a surgery where the legs are dispatched. Pretty much everybody says it`s ridiculously useless for the one who`s still work and some get angry. But it doesn`t hurt the other twin, so they can do that legally. They use wheelchairs for the rest of their lifes, and have rich lifes.

EPILOGUE:

In 2105, old man Olio Antlia Tut Tava Huurre talks with one of his sons about the event of the day. They both talk excitedly, laugh liverly and talk about the past.

EDIT: I changed name of the planet from Satzuko, to the vanilla flavor, Earth (due to personal continuity reasons).

@impurestcheese

5TH Column Comics - Kreature (One Shot)

I’m not very old at all, at least that’s what the good doctor tells me, I don’t know my father but the doctor tells me he was a great man or was it a bad man? Maybe he wasn’t a man at all, when she is angry at me she calls me a patchwork creature, although I’m not sure what that means.

“As I mentioned Kreature,” The doctor states in Slovenian accented English. Standing with hands on her hips Doctor Veda has shoulder length black hair and piercing green eyes, her skinny body barley covered in a black bra and shorts and a lab coat. “It’s time, this is the target, kill her and everything will be better.”

“Better?” I ask, I've never been out of this room, always reading the objectives of today’s mission. There is a place far away that you’ll be sent too; there is a girl there that must be killed.” Doctor Veda told me that her death will stop all of this, but I don’t know what ‘this’ is.

“Stand here.” Veda orders pointing to a spot on the floor under the UV light bolted to the wall. It’s where I go when the doctor needs to look after me, make me stronger. Walking over I stand on the spot and look at the mirror on the opposite wall and see myself, long surgical stitches across my body. One arm is formed of thick black rubbery skin while the other is an animal like paw. My legs are burnt stumps held up by metal reinforced charred bones while my chest is chiselled and covered in mocha skin. My face is pale and wind damaged with bone like spires running down from the back of my neck to the coccyx.

“Can I see the picture doctor?” I ask. She nods and brings an enlarged photo of two women hugging each other. “She must be killed before she can stop the plans that I had for the city.” She adds as she brings two bracers loaded with syringes and straps them to my arms.

“I had to kill so many patients to get a genetic infusion strong enough to send you back.” Veda explains. “But it will only work once; assuming you succeed you won’t be needed and will cease to exist.”

“Will I see father?” I ask. Veda doesn’t answer and simply slams her hand onto the plungers, injecting the blue solution into my arms. Nothing happens for a few seconds and then the blue mist leaks out of every orifice, the lab drowning in the fog, my vision swimming as towers and spires come out of the gloom, street lights illuminating the paths and trees around me.

“I’m here.” I murmur as I spin round to take my surroundings in. “Durham University, the 31st of December, 11:50PM, 1991.” I state as a hole in my stomach opens up to reveal a ballet pump lodged in my muscle and fat. Removing the shoe I take a deep breath sniff, a similar scent wafting from the nearest building. Crawling off the path I collapse into a cloud of dust and slip under the door before reforming on the other side. Stalking up the stairs I can here music and singing, there is a party but I have no idea what the occasion is. That is a problem, too many people in one place will get in the way and I only have permission from the doctor to kill one person.

There is something that could clear the others that I could try, and with a hiss my body catches aflame, smoke wafting up towards the smoke alarm above me. Seconds later the sprinklers activate, showering everything with water. Collapsing back into my dust form I watch as a crowd of men and women emerge from the room screaming, my target, a red haired woman dressed in combats and an orange tank top, among them. Silently I slither after her as the students explode out of the building, my target stopping by a lamppost.

“Where’s Terra!?” My target yells as she looks among the group of damp and now cold students. I smile before reforming, organic bone claws forming from my animal hand ready to stab her in the back.

“Elouise behind you!!” A blonde haired woman emerging from the building, wearing jeans and a t-shirt yells. My target spins round and sees me before screaming and falling backwards, my strike slamming into the lamp-post and shattering my talons. Howling in rage I see my target and the other woman running across the campus, as they speed towards another building, I summon up a windstorm to slow them down as I blaze towards them, each step leaving a burning footprint behind me.

“Terra what is that thing?” My target gasps as they reach the door and duck inside as I reach them seconds later. With a roar I smash down the door with a burning fist before spraying a thick inky solution over both the girls, the fluid keeping their legs immobilised. With a snarl I extend my broken talons, the bones healing as I get ready to rip open the redhead, totally ignoring the other girl even as she grabs a fire extinguisher off the wall.

“Your death will save my world.” I snarl as I reach down to rip her open only to feel something cold shatter off my chest. Turning round I see the other girl clutching the remains of the extinguisher, eyes wide at what she had just done. “Who are you?” I hiss.

“T…Terra.” She gulps as my target pulls herself free of the inky holdfast. “Why are you trying to kill my roommate? What could she have possibly done to you?” She asks as electronic screams and wails sound from outside.

“It’s what she will do.” I hiss as a multitude of impacts ring off my back. Turning I see men dressed in black ballistic armour all pointing their weapons at me, flashes erupting from the muzzles. Ignoring them I turn back to my target, my talons lit with crimson flame as I reach for her when a loud bang rings through my head, the impact causing me to fall to the floor, my eyes closing as everything goes cold.

10 years later, Hidden Lab in Indigo City

“This is amazing.” A voice states as a cold pair of fingers opens my eye to reveal a hazmat suit like the ones Doctor Veda occasionally wears. “And you say it was chasing a girl.”

“Yes Doctor Sahill.” A second voice announces. “An Elouise Clayton we believe.”

“Keep an eye on her, I have a feeling that my worst fears will occur within my lifetime.” Scahill announces as she closes my eyes. “We need to be ready to take control of this.” She adds as a gunshot sounds accompanied by the sound of a body hitting the floor.

Time Travel Indigo City Style

@omniscience

Take Me With You

Amidst the peppered sparks of light leaping from the cinders of the fireplace, and the smooth, unceasing rolls of thunder rumbling from beyond the drawing room window, Cassandra found herself unable to take in a word of what her suave and worldly lover Lucian Forte was saying. Her entire attention was devoted to following the subtle movements of his lips as they uttered out a stream of silent words, rather than the actual message that those lips were trying to convey. For surely, after a week of his unannounced absence, this was to be the day where he would finally declare his love for her. And hopefully, he would admit to the same feelings that had captured her heart, ever since that one blustery afternoon where her emerald eyes first aligned with his own alluringly tempestuous gaze. Watching the empty words cascade from his mouth, she began to wonder whether she was destined to fall in love with him. Perhaps their fates had been intertwined from the very dawn of time. Wholly enthralled, she leaned in closer to his face, unaware of what she was about to hear.

I’m a vampire.

Suddenly, all sense of sound and perception returned to her with a vengeance, until even the crackles of the fireplace sounded like barrels of gunpowder exploding in her eardrums. Her first instinct was to cut him a dubious glance, coupled with a slightly forced smile, as a sign that she humoured his somewhat ill-timed joke. All that was left was for him to do was laugh that crude remark off and get to the true reason for inviting her around. But that moment never came. Now that their faces were but inches apart, she saw that Lucian was glaring at her with the same stormy look that he had had on the first day they met. He wasn’t joking.

The next ten minutes of Cassandra’s life can only be described as an overwhelmingly precarious mixture of astonishment, fear and disappointment. She hoped that this would be the day where he would confess his love for her- not to being a blood guzzling villain. And matters didn’t get any better from there. With a heavy heart, he admitted that there could be no more relationship between them, and after expounding upon the unique powers of his crimson penchant, held her hands softly as he told her that he was going away, forever.

It’s not fair.

Tears began to roll slowly down the sides of her face, as she elegantly smoothed the temples of his head with her fingertips. What was his ambition in telling her this now? Could this still all be some kind of cruel joke? Lucian knew that she would try to deny all the seemingly incredulous things that he spoke of. And so, whilst her hands were still nestled upon the sides of his face, he decided to prove that he was indeed a vampire. Suddenly, she could feel an alarming chill creep through her hands, and in that split second, she was powerless to do anything but watch in disbelief as his visage changed into one that was harrowingly veiny and gaunt. Even the whites of his eyes had become black, his irises pulsing with a bloodshot red. Expecting Cassandra to immediately turn heel and run for dear life, a certain sadness swept across his now human face as he watched her take a cautious step back, presumably to distance herself from the monster that he was.

Take me with you.

This time, it was he who was taken aback. Cassandra had so calmly declared her stance to him, despite everything that had just happened. Never one to keep a lady waiting, he hastily pricked himself on the golden barbs of his penchant, and as it began to glow, the drawing room in which they were both situated faded away into the bustling streets of Victorian London. His penchant had whisked them both back in time (eight years ago precisely), back to when Cassandra had first encountered him. She remembered it now- the wind had been overpowering even by British standards, and despite the rays of sunlight piercing magnificently through the scattered clouds above, the breeze was strong enough to blow her summer hat across the street to where Lucian was stood. Cassandra watched her younger self haphazardly chase her prized hat, as Lucian whispered to her that if she pricked herself on the barbs of his amulet, she could start over from this day. She could forget that she ever knew him. Unable to comprehend what was happening, all Cassandra could do was watch her life replay itself in her mind, and before her eyes.

I don’t… understand.

She refused to even look at his amulet, and he knew why. Her feelings would not so easily be swayed, even in light of all the wondrously frightful things that had occurred within the last hour of her life. Time travel. Vampires. Heartbreak. But deep down Lucian knew that exposing Cassandra to the truth would be the only way for her to lead a normal life. And so, the penchant began to glow the second time, whisking the pair away from the dingy streets of London back to a time before she was even born. The landscape had transitioned into the rolling hills of the countryside, where Cassandra could see a lone figure standing in the distance next to what appeared to be a mound of rocks, head bowed against the falling rain.

You’re afraid...

The pile of rocks happened to be a grave, and the person standing next to it was none other than Lucian, five hundred years in the past. The grave belonged to a woman that he loved all those years ago- their passing had also taken a piece of his heart with them. And she was right, he was afraid to love again, because of the very fact that she was mortal. One day, no matter how much she loved him, she would grow old, and eventually die, whilst he continued to live on, never looking even a day older. Unfortunately, Lucian couldn’t bear to live with that again. But before he could allow himself to be overcome with grief, Cassandra’s warm embrace steadied his emotions. As his heart rate began to calm, she whispered gently into his ear.

Take me to the beginning.

Lucian had assumed that all this time, Cassandra would have been the one to abandon him once he revealed his painful past. He thought that his true nature would terrify even the bravest of people, let alone a gentle-hearted lady such as herself. But in all actuality, he was the one who was afraid all along. He feared losing someone he loved again, and she could sense that in him. And although only a few hours had passed according to how she had perceived the passage of time, this was more than enough for her to finally make up her mind. This time, as the luscious green pastures of Feudal England transitioned into the cataclysmic foundries of molten lava that typified the early creation of the world around four billion years ago, Lucian found himself staring into her bright and vibrant eyes. It was like he was looking at the entire world through them. Realising he had taken Cassandra back in time much farther than anticipated, he readied to return her to the present, and there decide once and for all whether he would leave or stay. But before he could do anything, she swished her hand along the gold barbs of his penchant, allowing it to take her blood. There was no going back for her now- and she had chosen the harshest environment imaginable to do so.

Why did you do that?

She smiled at him, lifting the hand that she had pierced upon his penchant towards his mouth. Lucian stepped back cautiously, as she had done originally. Perhaps, he thought, the time travel was too much for her mind to handle. She couldn’t seriously want him to bite her… that would turn her into a vampire. Nonetheless, her hand remained close to his mouth, as she told him that she had always believed that their destinies were intertwined since the very beginning. But it was her last few words that finally allowed him settle his fears for good.

I want to spend an eternity with you.

@batkevin74

Around They Go

“Professor, you built a time machine in a carrot?” Sam looked at the old scientist in disbelief.

“Were you expecting a Delorean?” He replied with a yellowed smile. “Or a phone booth? Or a chair with an umbrella?”

Sam pointed to the carrot sitting in the Petri dish on the bench. “Is that it?”

“It is,” the old scientist beamed. “Tachyon particles bound into the carotene; entropic thermodynamics wrapped into Vitamin A; carotenoids blended into a neat Einstein-Rosen brid…”

“And the celery?” Sam asked about the stick sitting in a glass next to the carrot.

The old scientist huffed and pushed up his bushy eyebrows to alleviate an oncoming headache. “The carrot sends you backwards in time; the celery sends you forward in time!”

“Oh…”

“What kind of idiot puts both a forward and backward functioning time machine in the one device! The untold damage that could be caused! The logistics of that would require…a pumpkin at least! How impractical.”

Sam looked at his mentor quizzically and walked over to the vegetables on the bench “Vegetable time travel, you’re crazy Professor Dickens.”

The old scientist pulled out a packet of old 60’s style cigarettes from his white lab coat and popped one in his teeth as he grinned like a fool. “Possibly Samuel, possibly.” He patted himself down, feeling for a lighter. “I must’ve left it…somewhere? Hmmmm. Samuel I am going to get some fire. You have a...nevermind” He paused and left quickly. Sam watched him exit the lab and shook his head, his eyes returning to the carrot and celery on the bench. They looked like ordinary vegetables. He slowly wandered over to take a closer look.

“STOP!” screeched Professor Dickens as he returned like locomotive, smoke pouring from his nostrils. “GET AWAY!”

Sam raised his hands and slowly backed away “Just looking Professor.”

“Without proper instruction, without the proper clothing, the correct vaccines you could end existence as we know it!” Professor Dickens bellowed as he guarded the vegetables as a basketballer does defence. “Do you know how to use these?”

“A carrot?” Sam replied slightly confused. “Yes.”

Professor Dickens shook his head and puffed a cloud of smoke. “No Samuel, Sagan bless you, no. You eat a carrot; you ingest this time machine and activates the nanite chrono-field feed by the year you think of. The carrot provides nutrition plus adjusts your digestion chemistry to handle food in years gone by since our need to purify, process and alter food means food from even nineteen twenty will make you hit the john like a bad Indian vindaloo!”

Sam shrugged “So I eat it or shove it up my…”

“Ingest, eat, consume! Not re-enacting Kim Basinger scenes from Nine And A Half Weeks! Listen.” Ranted the Professor as he crushed the cigarette onto the bench. He patted himself down and found the lighter but now couldn’t find his cigarettes. “Do not touch Samuel. I shall return with post haste.”

And again the scientist vanished from the room. Samuel shook his head when he caught glimpse of a familiar face of his best friend Mitchell Wells at the window.

“What are you doing here?” asked Sam as he opened the window.

“Just punched a cone dude,” said Mitchell as he clambered in. “Now I’m bored waiting for your ass!”

Sam helped his friend in. “Sit there, don’t move, don’t touch.”

“Chill man!” eased Mitchell “I know how Dr Dick rolls.”

“Professor Dickens! Dickens!” corrected Sam “Just sit…stop doing that floaty hand thing!”

Mitchell stuffed his hand under his arm like a naughty child and huffed as he slowly curled into a ball on the high stool. Professor Dickens entered the room and screeched to a halt. “What is going on here?”

Sam stammered “Oh, um, this is…. Um. This is my frien…”

Professor Dickens silenced him with a look and folded his arms.

“I can explain,” said Sam as Mitchell snapped to attention and quickly shot to Sam’s side, even throwing up a left handed salute before leaning heavily on the bench.

“What’s up doc?” he said as he grabbed the carrot and took a bite with a big cheesy grin. Samuel grabbed his friend; there was a burst of light and Professor Mark Dickens was alone in the lab. He nodded knowingly.

“What happened?” said Mitchell with a mouthful of carrot. He and Sam looked around. They were still on campus at Sagan High but something was off with the décor.

“What year did you think of when you ate the carrot?” yelled Sam shaking his friend.

“Huh?”

“This,” Sam snatched the orange vegetable off Mitchell and shoved it in his face “Is a time machine! You’ve sent us back in time! What year were you thinking of?”

“Eighty four, I guess,” Mitchell replied “Bon Jovi’s debut! Red Hot Chilli’s debut! Panama by Van Halen! Sister Christian by Night Ranger, ♪motoren♫! What’s your price flight?”

Sam looked at him, dumbfounded by his stupidity and also encyclopaedic knowledge of rock and trivia. “You sent us back in time to…I wasn’t even conceived yet! I technically don’t exist!”

“Michael Jackson’s still got his hair,” mused Mitchell. “Is it the same date?”

“What?”

Mitchell scratched his head “If we have travelled in time, like you say, is it still March seventeen?”

“IT’S APRIL!” yelled Sam.

“Wow, we did travel in time again.”

Sam looked at the carrot “How are we going to get back?”

“What do you mean get back?” laughed Mitchell “Look I’d love to time travel, seriously, but we aint back in time.”

“Professor Dickens made this carrot into a time machine. He built another in a stick of celery. You ate the carrot. We’ve gone back in time. We can’t get back WITHOUT THE CELERY” ranted Sam.

“Dude, chill!” Mitchell scoffed and grabbed the carrot and bit. “Just a carrot.”

There was a burst of light and Sam was left alone in the lab.

“Oh god!” yelled Sam “Mitchell? MITCHELL!”

Mitchell stood in the lab and looked around. “Sam?”

It all looked familiar and different at the same time. He shrugged and wandered to the window to see a large bill board for “Planet of The Apes” being put up.

“Yuck, Burton.” Mitchell said before looking again “Heston? Is there a retro festival on? Sam? Sam!”

The door to the lab swung open and a black man in green overalls walked in and promptly stopped. “You can’t be in here son.”

“Oh my bad dude.” Mitchell held his hand up. “You seen Sam?”

“Sam who?”

Mitchell shrugged “I just call him Sam.”

“No sir.”

“How about Doctor Dick?”

“No sir. If you don’t mind me asking, that’s some strange costume you got on, sir.”

Mitchell looked at his ACDC ‘High Voltage’ t-shirt, ripped black jeans, orange sneakers in amusement. “Just my threads man. That’s one fine looking overall you got on my nigga.”

The janitor looked at Mitchell and shook his head; if it was a different time and different place he’d give him a piece of his mind but being on the bottom rung he knew his place, didn’t like it but knew it. Mitchell looked puzzled wondering what he’d said wrong.

“Hey man, do you know the date?”

“April fourth” replied the janitor bluntly.

“What year?”

“Are you high or something?” snapped the janitor.

“A bit,” said Mitchell. “Look I think I may have time travelled.”

“It’s nineteen sixty eight” he said before turning his back “You jackass.”

Mitchell nodded before it slowly sunk in. “HOLY F&^%$# S#!^ I’ve gone back in time. April fourth…oh man today’s the dame they kill Martin Luther.”

The janitor turned round and glared at him “Say what?”

Mitchell gripped his long black hair like he was trying to make himself into a marionette “April fourth, nineteen sixty eight Martin Luther King was killed in Tennessee by James Earl Ray. We get a holiday for it! It’s like the only thing I remember from middle school.”

“You better leave before I do something we both regret.” The janitor was gripping a lead pipe that would serve no other purpose than for protection.

“No seriously, this carrot sent me back in time to nineteen eighty four, well maybe then now I’m back in nineteen sixty eight, whoa!” Mitchell looked at the nub of vegetable left “If I eat any moOWWWW!”

Mitchell held his head as the janitor laid into him with the pipe, beating him like a piñata. Mitchell screamed like a child and headed for the window.

“Damn hippy!” scowled the janitor as he tossed the carrot in the bin.

Mitchell looked at his smart phone in dismay “No signal. Dude this sucks. Okay…”

He rifled through his pockets and grabbed some change and ran to the nearest phone. He found it hard to breathe; the air seemed cleaner but maybe as he was a stoner and didn’t really ever run. The payphone was in working order and he put his coins in.

“Operator?”

“Could you connect me to…” Mitchell banged his head against the glass as if to jar the information in his brain loose. “The Lorraine Motel in Tennessee please.”

“Hold please.”

Mitchell waited patiently looked at his watch when there was a click sound “Lorraine Motel.”

“Dr Martin Luther King please.”

“There isn’t a gu…”

Mitchell huffed “Okay f^%$head get me the reverend you ^U%+ or I’m gonna kill you, blow up your goddamm hotel and put my foot up your @$$#ole! Ahhh f&^%$ it I’m just gonna cross the street and kill him now, then YOU!”

The line went silent at the tirade. Mitchell smiled before adding in “Any of you f&^%g pricks move, and I'll execute every m^th@rf&*(+glast one of ya!”

Sam grabbed his head; it felt like a wasp had flown into his brain. As he cradled his head the lab door opened.

“Mitchell?”

“Hey Sam,” replied the thirty six year old Mitchell Wells “Been a while.”

“You just disappeared! How did you get old? What’s going on? Where’s the carrot?”

“Who died on today in nineteen sixty eight?” asked Mitchell

“No idea, who?”

Mitchell smiled “Let’s go listen to some tunes; I’ve got a story for you.”

Professor Dickens looked at the slightly familiar old men two old men.

“Here are some cigarettes,” said older and wiser Mitchell, who was now sixty seven. “You have to let this happen otherwise Martin Luther King gets killed and the world ends up in a steaming pile.”

“So my carrot works?” asked Dickens.

Sam nodded “Yes. Mitchell went back to nineteen sixty eight, I went back to eighty four.”

“So why are you here?” asked Dickens.

“Have to make sure it happens,” replied Mitchell “And also we’re here for the celery.”

Sam rubbed his thinning greyed hair “We want to see the future.”

Professor Dickens nodded and left, heading back to the see the young Sam in the adjacent room. He tried to reconcile the fact that Sam was here and there at the same time.

“Professor, you built a time machine in a carrot?” Sam looked at the old scientist in disbelief.

@dr_steve

"Hrrnk!" A sweaty man in a now bloodstained dirty white T-shirt, black cargo pants, black cargo boots, and an orange construction helmet brought down a sledgehammer on the head of an even bloodier man. Skull fragments and brain matter clung to the sweaty man's shoes. He kicked the remnants of the man's head against his lifeless body, getting only some of it off. The man sighed, picked up his hammer and walked towards the next figure he saw on the horizon.

"My name is Samuel Peterson, and I'm a former U.S. Marine. I was discharged for injuries I'd suffered, and got into work with construction. I never fit in. I was paranoid and overly aggressive, but if you'd seen what I did, you would be too. People eating each other, ripping each other to shreds for no reason. Not hunger, not sport, just.... It was horrible. Still is. Some of the freaks, they tried to eat me! I didn't wanna kill them, but I had to. I bashed their skulls in with a hammer to protect my town, myself, my family..... Those things are gone now. So many of 'em piled up... They used each other as a ramp. Climbed over and above our walls. The first ones hit the ground and that was the end of it.... but then the pile got higher, they started surviving, sliding down the pile of the dead. Ramp up, ramp down, right into our city. It spreads so fast, they take a chunk outta ya and you get right back up with them. The ones who get eaten..... they're the lucky ones. I see that now. There's no cure, no way out of this. I watched my wife eat my 9-year old son and I'm just now realizing that all hope is lost. I.... If you're listening to this, there's a corpse in the bathroom of this bar. He's wearing a construction helmet and dog tags reading "BREACHER." Take what you need. I've got food, ammo, water, medicine, just leave the picture of the family with me in it on the wall where I put it. If I'm.... one of them.... put me down, and take my tags. Good luck out there. Sorry you, whoever you might be, had to see me like this. A virtual ghost of a man less than five yards away from you."

The sweaty man held the recording in his hand, and wiped tears from his eyes. He put it in his pocket and shuffled towards the bathroom door, barely clutching his hammer. He pulled open the door, and saw a body. It was dressed like him. The sweaty man dropped his hammer on the ground. He stepped infront of the mirror, with a picture of a family in the corner of it. It was him. Same face. He looked to the body. Same man. He fell to his knees. "Why? WHY!? Why, why, why!? Out of all people why me? No! No, no nononono..... Why?" He realized he had been pounding his fists on the dead body slumped against the wall. He wiped the tears from his face, and pulled the dog tags from around the dead man's neck. He grabbed the pistol he'd used to end his life, and all the supplies he could fit into his pockets. Picking up his hammer on the way out, he realized what he needed to do. He needed to stop it. That's why they sent him back. Sam Peterson was humanity's last hope.

He stepped outside, into the light, when the thought occurred to him. Why couldn't they send him back further? He could save so many more people, his town, his family, hell maybe even the entire country, and.... himself..... those bastards. They wanted him to have nothing to lose, they wanted him to be that more efficient. They wanted his rage to bubble up and explode through him int he form of sheer killing power. Well you know what, skrew them. He can let them die. He's not doing anything for them. He might as well just put this gun to his head and let them get eaten alive. Sam primed the gun, put it in his mouth, and holding the picture of his family in front of him, blew a bullet through his head. His helmet container the splatter, which instead leaked down and around his head.

Sam awoke, gasping for air. He was laying on a strange table, with cords connected to him. "What he hell was that?" A woman stormed over to him from a collection of computers across the room. "Are you f*cking with me? C'mon, get it together!" Sam began to pull the cords off of him. He stood up, towering over the woman. "Send me back further. I need to save my family. You get what you want, I get what I want, and I never have to look at you again." The woman looked down at her feet. "Fine." She put the cords back where they needed to be and walked back to her computers. "This is going to hurt worst than the first one." She sneered and pressed a button, sending a surge of excruciating pain through Sam's body, knocking him unconscious. When he woke up, he was standing less than 10 feet from himself. He was putting a gun in his mouth. He tried to leap forward and say something, but he was caught, and had his mouth covered.

"Don't do that." Sam looked back to see a man who looked exactly like him. "If you stop him, you never come back. If you never come back..." Sam was very confused. The gunshot startled him, and when he looked back to his clone, he was gone. "Why did she send me back here!?" He still wasn't far enough back. She knew what he meant, she knew he didn't need 10 more seconds, he needed 10 more months. He stood and looked around for any clones, and began to walk uphill, before he collapsed. His vision went black, and he faded out of consciousness. He awoke confused. He wasn't back in the room on the table, he was exactly where he was before. Strange. He tried to stand, but a sudden pain in his leg stopped him. He's been chewed on while he was passed out. "Damnit! No! Goddamnit!" He threw his construction hat like a frisbee at a nearby water tower. The one who'd been chomping on him was dead, splattered all over Sam. He was dirty, covered in blood, had a terrible fever, and was gimping around on his chewed up leg. He would've chuckled to himself about looking just like one of them, if he didn't know he would become one in less than three days.

Downhill, he saw a man. The man was killing one of them, smashing their head in with a hammer. The already confused Sam, combined with the fact he was running a fever that would kill him in a day, could not recognize him. The man wiped his face, and looked right at Sam. He readied his hammer, and started up the hill. Sam now realized how weak he was. He tried to wave, but he didn't have the energy. His voice was weak and raspy. He tried to call for help, but only choked whispers came out. As the man approached, Sam realized what was happening. Sam was the corpse on the hill. With that thought, the man bashed in Sam's skull. He looked down, and felt strangely sad for some reason. He couldn't tell why. He lowered his hammer and wondered towards a nearby bar. The area in front of it was free of bodies, but this of course meant nothing to our current Sam, who never knew about them in the first place. He opened the door, and slumped against a wall, despite there being booths and stools nearby. He pulled a recorder out of his pocket and clicked the button. "My name is Samuel Peterson, and I'm a former U.S. Marine...."

@jkutz

The Time Protectors

I don’t know why I follow through on these stupid dares even though I know it could get me killed, I mean I know I lost the bet but that doesn't mean I have to do something illegal right? The name is Freddy, and me and my pal Rick are breaking into Chronoshift Labs right at this moment. You see, Rick and I bet our friends Sandra and Mark that our high school football team was gonna make it to the Championship and win; well they made it but they didn’t win. So now we have to break into this stupid laboratory and steal something, doesn't matter what it is, as long as we come out with something.

“Hey do you see anyone up there?” Rick whispers to me as I look around the corner.

“No there isn't anyone here.” I answer, as we round the corner and enter a dark hallway.

“Yo turn on the flashlight.” Rick whispers again, even though I told him it was too dangerous.

“No dude, we’re gonna get caught easier that way, now just shut up and look for a lab door or something.” I snap back, really getting anxious to get out of here. I run my hand across the wall as we move up and I feel a doorknob. I wiggle it a little bit and find out it’s unlocked.

“In here man, we can probably find something and get outta here” I say. I turn the light on and I can see a device in the middle of the room, it looks like some metallic boomerang. I walk over to it and it’s labeled “Time Travel Device”.

“Time Travel? No way this thing is real, look around for something else.” Rick says in disappointment.

“Why? Let’s just grab it and leave, if it’s fake then there’s no harm no foul right?” I ask.

“Whoa look at this!” He exclaims, not even seeming to hear me.

“Proton Launcher, dude, we could grab this and blow up a bunch of stuff.” Rick says, as if that was a good idea.

“No, that’s a horrible idea, let’s just grab this boomerang-thing and get out of here” I say as I grab it, once I move it the whole place lights up and sirens start blaring.

“Oh great now you’ve done it.” Rick says.

“Me, how was I supposed to know?” I retort.

“Whatever we gotta move, you want me to grab this cannon thingy?” He asks me and all I can say is:

“Uh no, it’ll slow is down”. We dart back the way we came through with the boomerang in hand and manage to make it out to the field where Sandra and Mark are waiting for us.

“You weren’t tailed were you, we could here you tripping the alarm from all the way back here.” Sandra says, looking a little worried.

“Nah, we lost them, I don’t think they ever saw us once” Rick answers.

“Alright then, what did you nerds steal?” Mark asks us. I show him the metal boomerang and tell him that it was labeled as a time machine.

“Pfft, no way that’s real, how would it even work?” Mark says.

“I don’t know, did it look like we had enough time to figure it out?” I reply, still a little paranoid that someone was following us. I flip the thing around a couple of times and find a power switch.

“I think this turns it on” I say, and just like that the thing whirls to life, glowing blue and hovering right in front of me.

“Where would you like to go?” It asks us?

“Awesome, it talks!” Rick exclaims.

“Why of course I do, how else would I communicate with you?” It asks.

“What is your name?” I ask it, not wanting it to report back to the lab and ratting us out.

“I don’t have a name, though I have a serial number I could read off to you it’s…” It starts to say when Sandra interrupts saying that we should call it boomer.

“That’s dumb, can’t we come up with something better?” Mark asks.

“What does it matter” I say, “Let’s just see if we can use this thing.”

“Why certainly you can use me, all you have to do is throw me and catch me, the rest will be sorted out afterwards.” Boomer explains to us.

“Can we all go or just one of us?” I ask.

“Stand close to each other, I’ll be able to take all of you then.” Boomer says. I then take hold of it and hurl it like a boomerang. It starts to come back and I manage to catch it. Boomer then envelops us with some sort of energy and we’re transported to some room, with only a desk and a man sitting behind it.

“Why hello there travelers, welcome to the Office of Time Exchange, my name is Brian, how can I be of service.” The man tells us.

“Whoa, what is this place?” Rick says.

“Ah, first timers,hmm lots of new ones today, this is the Office of Time Exchange, a place where all realities meet in order to traverse the multiverse with the utmost convenience. You can travel anywhere you like, literally, to any time period of any universe. However, as first time travelers I am required to send you to the Nexus, or the point where everything was one at a point in time.” Brian explains, he then reaches into his desk and pulls out a device.

“Wait, you mean we’re travelling back in time? Mark says, “Way cool…”

“Yes, I’ll be sending you back to when the first decision was made, when the universe became the multiverse, to get back all you have to do is use your device and you’ll be sent back here. It is imperative that you do not interfere with the course of history, you must observe, and return.

“But why, is there any particular reason we have to go there?” Sandra asks, which I was also wondering, was there a point to this?

“Ah yes, my apologies I forgot to mention, you only possess cosmic energy from your universe, before the split all the cosmic energy was bundled up in that instance. In order to participate in further travel you must possess all of it, don’t worry, you won’t feel anything, it is very small trace amounts; at least I hope it is, sometimes it gets funky and you might mutate or something but that is very rare. However, it is necessary so that you do not implode the universe you travel to.” Brian says, “Well without further-or-do, let’s send you back”.

We become enveloped in similar energy and are hurled into what looks like a Hyperspace Warp as seen on TV and after a few moments we arrive in what appears to be a garden.

“Hey, uh, Fred, what’s that moving around your feet?” Rick asks, I look down and see a green beam of light swirling around my feet. It proceeds to multiply and moves up my body.

“What the-” I stammer but it’s too late to do anything about it, after a few short seconds the beams of light shoot into my chest, and then it explodes. The other three are knocked back a few feet but are alright.

“Holy c-crap dude” Rick stutters out.

“What?” I ask him, but before he can answer Sandra shoves her pocket mirror in my face. My skin resembles the color of the sky and my hair is a much darker blue. I no longer have pupils or irises and my eyes are just white. I still have my clothes on(Thank the Lord) but I was obviously changed.

“H-hey what happened to me?” I ask, hoping to get answers from Boomer.

“Hang on, I’ll scan you” he says, and after a bit he relays me what happened:

“My hypothesis was correct, you absorbed too much cosmic energy, however you do not seem to be at any risk. You’re strength has seemed to improve vastly and cosmic energy is coursing through you body which suggests you may be able to project it somehow. It’s odd however, it seems that four different types of energy is running through you, an ice-based energy resides in your head, a heat-based energy in your torso, dark-matter energy in your arms, and electric-based energy in your legs.” Boomer explains to me, my head starts circling but he said I was OK so I don’t know whether to be nervous or not, maybe Brian has a cure for it.

“Woah man, you’re like a superhero, like that’s crazy” Rick says.

“Hey try out one of your new powers, I bet it’ll be awesome” she says, getting even me hyped up about looking like one of the Blue Man Group. I point my arm at a tree and try to clench my arm as to shoot something from it, and what do you know, a beam of energy flies out and blows it up.

“Radical” Mark astonishingly replies. Just then, another explosion happens off in the distance, and we rush over to see what the commotion is.

“Hey looks like someone got your powers, Brian did say some other new travelers came through” Sandra says. We arrive to a huge crater in the earth, with three dead bodies.

“Holy-” Rick stammers, and we all get a little nervous. Mark goes down to inspect the wreckage, and finds the most disturbing site.

“Hey, don’t they look like us?” he says, now we all get a little freaked out. I could see the bodies of what appeared to be an alternate version of my friends, lying dead inside of this crater.

“The path of the tracks leading out from here suggest the perpetrator of this crime intends to rewrite the course of history but altering the first decision.” Boomer relays to us.

“What do you mean?” Sandra asks.

“Well as I am sure you have figured out, we are in the Garden of Eden, and these tracks lead to the forbidden tree, I believe he intends to eradicate all existing universes and create new ones.” Boomer replies. Thinking quickly I grab Boomer and race a mach speed toward the villain. As I expected, it seemed to be an alternate version of me, but instead of turning blue, he became a dark red. I could see another human moving towards the tree and I knew that I needed to stop him from making it there.

“You know we may be able to cause an anomaly to throw us to the beginning of time if you can encapsulate the alternate me, two time stream merging together to travel at the same time surely will cause some sort of dimensional rift.” Boomer explains. I chuck him in front of me, hoping that his idea will work. The alternate me notices Boomer as soon as I knock into him and once he comes back the same ball of energy encapsulates us, however we aren’t transported right away; instead the area rumbles violently. After a few seconds, we are transported to a rock, floating out in the middle of space, with Boomer nowhere in sight.

“You idiot! You’ve ruined everything, I could have perfected this world!” he shouts at me. I look around in bewilderment. Noticing sophisticated symbols carved in the stone.

“Do you hear me!” He shouts again.

“Would you just shut it.” I say, moving to the center of the stone I notice writing, in some ancient language that I do not understand. I proceed to look up and do not notice any stars, it’s total darkness with this one source of light.

“I’ll kill you” he mutters, however I am prepared to fight him, being here seems to have given me insight on how to use my powers. He charges at me in a rage and I proceed to project a beam of intense cold at him, freezing him and sending him drifting perpetually in this wasteland. The platform starts to flash many different lights and I can’t see anything for a few moments. A monolith seems to have formed in front of me, it is completely golden barring the red line going across the center.

“How have you arrived here?” The large structure asks me, the red line distorts as it speaks.

“Where am I?” I ask back.

“You are nowhere, and everywhere at once, you are at the Nexus, a point where every known reality at every known point in time converges. Now I ask again, how have you come to arrive here mortal?” It replies. I go into detail about how I came to arrive and it doesn’t seem to get aggravated. After I finish my story it seems to ponder for a few moments, but replies with,

“You have been chosen, as have many other mortal beings, to become a celestial it seems. You have done us a great service, unable to monitor beings such as yourself I would have missed the greatest catastrophe known to all of reality. I will grant you passage back to your friends, Fred, and you will continue to track down beings like yourself for me, I will monitor the FIrst Decision so you don’t have to worry about the new ones messing anything up there, focus on those who would abuse their powers to take advantage at different points in time. If you ever require assistance, use this.” It levitates a stone towards me and I grab it.

“Crush this in your hand and you will be able to communicate with me, I wish you luck mortal, now go, and protect all of your kind from more celestials such as yourself.” It beckons me. I wanted to ask it many questions but before I can it blasts me with a blue beam and I am transported along with my friends back to Brian. I explain to all of them what I had experienced at the Nexus and the all seem to follow.

“It seems as though many new celestials are coming through the precinct and we aren’t able to identify them before sending them back. You have to go out and hunt them, make sure that they don’t screw anything up for us. Ok?” Brian asks us.

“Will do, where do you need us now?” I ask him.

“We’ll provide you guys with clearance to the Time Stream so you can observe anomalies and report back. I can also provide you three with weaponry to help out your friend in this endeavor. Good luck.” He says. He leads us to a room with a single doorway in it; we enter and are sucked into the Time Stream, and we can observe all things happening at once. We agree to set out and protect all of us from more threats to reality, and hope that we can succeed, seeing an anomaly behind us, we set out on our next mission.

@renzoa

The time travailing bra man

One day in the room of a 30 year old fat man messing with his wife’s bra…..

Fat man:mmmmmmmmmm.... this is nice... real nice!

His sexy wife: Give me that! (Snatching her bra away from Fat man) can you stop looking at my bra with such prevy eyes? You might tear this one up like you did the last ones.

Fat man: can’t help it, gotta admire the beauty of your bra, can i try it on?

his sexy wife: noooo!(while giggling)well..... You can if you want to. But don't tear it up!

The narrator: as soon as he put on the black and red design bra he disappeared. He was traveling backwards thought time landing on a plane occupied by terrorist.

Fat man: hello terriesssss…

Terrorists: who the hell are you, kill him now.( they ready their guns and started shooting him)

fat man: you can’t beat me! sexy pose(bullet were bouncing off)

Terrorist: what the….are bullets are not working. What is he doing!

The Narrator: by doing his so called “sexy pose” the terrorists quickly gave up, not! Because, of his power, it’s because of that disgusting sexy pose. Some secret terrorist cells herd this news and surrendered. After defeating the terrorists he bounce again though time and ending up in WW II causing the war to end by showing Hitler his “SEXY POSE’’. Then he bounces though time again and ending here and there, everywhere! He bounced so much so much he altered reality and ended up on in front of thanos ‘s throne…..wait what!

Thanos: who are you? Well it doesn’t matter anyways this is your end.

Fat man: you think you can stop me “sexy pose”!

The narrator: the infinity gauntlet grew a conscience and destroyed itself by the awful sight it saw. And thanos went to the avengers for help but they couldn’t do anything the “sexy pose”. Just kidding! That really never happened, that just the fat man imaging things. He went backwards so much he landed in the prehistoric time.

Fat man: Mann where the.....

Dinosaur: sup human how it’s going

fat man: what the hel.......

Dinosaur: i know it’s very strange, that a dinosaur is talking to you, even the readers are very on confuse about this.

Fat man: yes it is strange

T-Rex: well let me explain this . You know that bra you are wearing is giving me the knowledge to speak.

Fat man: to me it seems it gives me time traveling abilities and bringing to the prehistoric age.

The narrator: little did the fat man and the dyno know, by traveling though time he altered the philology of the dyno thus giving him the ability talk. That’s real reason he can talk. The dinosaur and fat man are too stupid to really comprehend the situation.

Dino: with this higher brain function. I can rule over my entire spices.

Fat man: you know, l like you can I call you rex

Rex: Rex! I think I like this name. Want to join me?

Fat man: sure

The narrator: so the fat man and Rex went on their journey to bring the other dinosaurs to their knees. Few months has passed rex been successful in his journey having an unstoppable fortress of annihilation. Rex was a cruel king who over spoke (the other dinosaurs can speak because the fat man came into contact with them) to him the wrong way the gets annihilated. The dinosaurs said “this is tyranno ” Rex gets mad and respond saying ‘wrong its tyr•an•ny! Get it tyranny! And that’s how the name, “tyrannosaurs Rex” in short T-Rex cam to play . Fat man didn’t like how t-rex became like this

Fat man: Why do you have to be this way?

T-Rex: because with my vast knowledge of the universe know one shall be above me.

Fat man: I liked you better when you were still…..

T-Rex: so you liked me better when I was stupid!

Fat man: yeah that what I’m saying when you were stupid you were way more fun!

T-Rex: your right, when I was stupid you were amusing to keep a round for a joke. But now you bore me now (his eyes start to charge up)

The narrator: before T Rex powered up his eye beams the fat man went in punched him in throat fairing t-rex’s beams to his nuclear power plant causing a nuclear meltdown.

T-Rex:(*cough cough*) How….bested by a fat man with a bra on.

Fat man: hahaha it’s the power of my wife’s bra

T-Rex: I see so it’s the source of your power.

The narrator: so those idiots kept on fighting forgetting about the nuclear meltdown. The fat man beat the crap out of Rex to the point where he counted move.

Fat man: crap! I forgot about the meltdown good thing I read were the narrator said “so those idiots kept fighting forgetting about nuclear meltdown”. You know I’m thinking the narrator is a dick.

T-rex: where do you thin……

Fat man: shut up. Here is my ultimate move “sex pose!”

T-Rex: what is this, stop that! I said sto…..(instant knock out)

Fat man: sorry that I have to do that to you, but you had to be defeated. But this is weird, usually when I do the sexy pose I bounce though time. But why it’s not working now?

The narrator: little did fat…..

Fat man: goshh!! Nobody cares what your about to say narrator it all about the hero of the story. They want to read about the HERO figuring things out! Not some boring narration. (He tried to take the bra on and off) damn that’s not working (then he tried to messing with the bra strap) nothing seems to be working. Mmmmm let’s try one more thing (he squeezed the bra while having them on then he disappeared).

The narrator: be before I was rudely interrupted. The fat man did not know was, by doing the sexy pose, he was squeezing the bra while doing it. When the fat man escaped, he doomed the dinosaurs by the nuclear meltdown brining extinction to the dinosaurs. He continued to bounce backwards in time ending at the beginning of time.

Fat man: where am I this time? There is nothing in sight, what should I do? All well SEX POSE!

There narrator: Thus he created the universe in his image and to never to be seen again. in reality……

Fat man: this is so fun! Fighting dynos, stopping a terrorist attack, defeating Hitler, and versing thanos, my favorite marvel villain! Also I created the universe in my image. (He was Squeezing the bra while rolling around the floor in his room).

His sexy wife: I should have never given you may bra if this was gonna happen. (Then she picked up man briefs) well I sometimes do like wearing these.

The narrator: our next adventure “The Sexy Time Traveling Briefs Woman”!

@4donkeyjohnson

Donald discovered the secret of timetravel.

Unfortunately it was located 5 inches up his rectum and only accessible via toothbrush.

How Donald discovered this was too salubrious a tale for this website.

Needless to say Donald enjoyed the sensation of activating time travel which sent him backwards through time, courtesy of his insertion of a toothbrush up his behind.

The more he did it the better he felt and the further back in time he went.

Eventually Donald literally and actually disappeared up his own bum, negating himself out of existence.

Sometimes too much of a good thing is dangerous.

@cbishop

Removed after voting

No Caption Provided

Read'em, comment on them if you wish and pick the one you liked the best. Voting shall run for 12 days which is from the 29th-01-2015 (aka today) until 9th-02-2015 again in AUSTRALIAN time(click < it'll send you to what time is it in Sydney so you'll know) coz it's my time travel contest and I live in the future, you win you dictate terms :)

Read, enjoy, vote

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop

Vote tracker:

Writers:Votes:
Kfhrdu_89_76k-
ImpurestCheese
  1. Jkutz
Omniscience-
Batkevin74
  1. ImpurestCheese
  2. cbishop
Dr_Steve
  1. 4donkeyjohnson
Jkutz
  1. Renzoa
Renzoa
  1. kfhrdu_89_76k
4donkeyjohnson
  1. Omniscience
Cbishop
  1. batkevin74

I'll add 'em here as they come up.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_poet or @bumpyboo: Can one of you pin this and unpin the contest thread, please? Thank you. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

The_Toaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cbishop: Hey, uh, did I get mine in too late? I forget what account I wrote it under, but mine was the sucky one. Sam Peterson.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_toaster: I don't know. Look in the OP and see if you see your account name there.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One vote for Dr Steve please

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

After much deliberation my vote goes to @4donkeyjohnson... there's a certain beauty in simplicity. If anyone wants feedback as to why I didn't choose their piece, let me know. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@omniscience: Feedback is always good, I wouldn't mind knowing why

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Omniscience

@impurestcheese:

I thought your piece was one of the better submissions in this contest. I loved your literary perspective on the 'Kreature', which made your story a very entertaining read. Unfortunately I think the rules stipulate that you can only go backwards in time, whereas you have included a forward time jump. Therefore in the interest of fairness I couldn't vote for you. But as a stand alone piece of fan-fiction, it was overall very well written and engaging.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@omniscience: What I did go back in time? Went from 2014 to 1991 and then through natural temporal progression to 2001. How is that going forward in time?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: @omniscience: Mine did the same thing, they went back in time, they back in time again and then aged up normally back to 2015 to complete the loop and then at the end implied they were going to the future.

Regardless you liked what you liked as you're allowed and suppose too :)

I'm still reading

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Renzoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for crimson_vigilante
Crimson_Vigilante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Still thinking....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Know how you feel...which one to pick

All bribes must be submitted as peanut butter, mealworm and tabasco pizza. Weird cravings are weird

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese:

I've classified even the natural passing of time as a 'time jump'... mainly because the OP said:

So if you want to bounce around fine but it’s for eg:1965, 1886 then 428BC not 1886, 1965 then 1900. One direction and it’s backwards so they ain’t coming back from their excellent or bogus journey.

I may be wrong but I've already cast my vote, and this was my main reason for not choosing your piece.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@omniscience: It's fine. Tradition over wining was my motivation. I probably won't get any votes this time anyway, ever since the field expanded I've been struggling to make my stuff stand out for some reason.

As for my vote, well that goes for Batkevin this time

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

@impurestcheese:

You're in good. Company then. Bats didn't have a vote till you voted.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Ah I'm happy enough. Been creating a new T-Bolts series and have some great story arcs already lined up.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Have to go with @batkevin74 on this one. Will this be win #10?

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Where's my vote for Batkevin? You forgot to add it (it's in Post 22 and mentioned in Post 23)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: GAH! I missed it. Sorry. Now you know why we have a vote tracker post. ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By ImpurestCheese
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Have til the 12th, still haven't read about three yours included.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Have til the 12th, still haven't read about three yours included.

...Voting shall run for 12 days which is from the 29th-01-2015 (aka today) until 9th-02-2015 again in AUSTRALIAN time...

Um...

Jkutz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Ah well I best pull my finger out! 10.59mins left of the 9th here in Australia. Thanks for the reminder, seriously thought it was the 12th

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay!

Though I smiled at the idea of ass induced time travel it wasn't enough to get my vote. Some I got lost on, some I liked, but in the end I'm going with the sad semi-autobiographical tale by @cbishop

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Thanks for the vote. ...And the deadline is yours, so if you want to make it the 12th, change it. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Nay stick to what we started with, I just plain old forgot

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jkutz: Cool thanks for the vote

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

27 minutes to go people, get them last minute votes in

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By batkevin74

It's now 12.20am on the 10th, we're done! I'll wait until morning for final conclusions or adendums

Omniscience

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was fun.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's 7.47am on the Australian clock on the 10/2/2015. We're done peeps!

Best I go and make a new comp then

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was fun.

I want to see your next one. You came a hair's-breadth of getting my vote.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: The next contezt should just be for female entrants ;-)

That should narrow the playing field down a bit

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By cbishop
batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers