Character Creation Contest #122 - Villain for Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

Alright, peeps, it's time for CCC #122. Honestly, I had nothing, but yesterday, I was reminded by Facebook that I've had ImpurestCheese's characters for five years now, and have done very little with them. So, we're going to dust off Danika Sedova, and give her some villains.

We're going to stick to her original role: Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe, and use a simplified profile:

Danika Sedova

Promotional poster for the show Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe.*
Promotional poster for the show Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe.*
  • NAME: Danika "Danni" Sedova
  • DESCRIPTION: Platinum blonde hair, supermodel looks.
  • NATIONALITY: Ukranian
  • OCCUPATION: Former Interpol Agent. Former International Mercenary. Currently a Bounty Hunter for a reality TV show- Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe.
  • BASE OF OPERATIONS: California, but often travels for the show. Mostly within the United States, but has traveled internationally for a bounty, paid for by the show.
  • ATTITUDE TOWARDS THE SHOW: She dislikes being "eye candy," but doesn't complain on camera. She likes the thrill of the chase, and likes it even more when someone else is footing the bill.

Other Cast

• Brian "The Hook" Baldwin- short (5'5"), bald headed, and with a fish hook through his bottom lip. He has underworld contacts all over the globe that the crew often use to catch their bounties. It is unknown whether Brian is an ex-agent utilizing old contacts, or this is due to a criminal background.
  • Tabitha "Tabby" Taylor- Invents the gadgets they use to capture super-criminals. She's not a Reed Richards-level genius, but when available weaponry won't do, she's good at coming up with non-lethal weaponry and containments (but that doesn't mean they don't have a kick).
  • She is also in charge of the cameras. They use the type of cameras used by extreme sportsmen to capture their moves- the kind you can wear on your head, or body cameras similar to what police wear. When being stealthy, they also use spy-type cameras like button-cams, broach-cams, or really any other kind of hidden camera.
  • Maurice Cartier- expert getaway and pursuit driver. Former soldier. Former bodyguard. Former Formula One racer. Adrenaline junkie, but not so it gets in the way- he just enjoys it.

The Show

Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe relies on Danika's supermodel looks to draw in viewers, and keeps them by sending her after high profile, FBI's Top Ten Most Wanted-level criminals, or super-criminals. If they go after super-criminals, the show briefly explains what gadgets Tabby has come up with to assist the capture.

Other than the initial briefing on who they're after, and the explanation of gadgets, the show only gives the viewers the action. The amount for the bounty is never disclosed, as this goes to Danika and the cast. There's no conversations while they fuel up with food, or travel to a destination. They might be briefly shown getting into a vehicle, boarding a plane, or grabbing their gear, but the show doesn't waste time on it- it's seconds at a time between the action. If there's a chase involved, their conversation in the vehicle is recorded for the show, alternating the cameras between the crew and the follow shots of the vehicle they're chasing.

When the bounty is caught, they're shown being handed over to authorities, the credits roll, and after the credits, Danni turns to the camera and blows a kiss to the viewer. If it takes longer to catch the bounty than they can fit in an episode, they continue it the next episode. If they don't catch the bounty, they comment at the end on it being a failed case, and that the bounty is still at large. These will often be revisited in future episodes when they have new leads.

Your Original Character Challenge: Create a Villain/Bounty for Danika Sedova

Your OC is going to be the bounty. Name them, and write the episode where Danika and crew chase them down. Make sure you give the briefing at the beginning to intro the bounty, and explain any gadgets developed to assist the capture.

Whether they're captured or escaped is up to you.

You cannot kill any of the cast, or permanently maim them. Beyond that, you can beat them all to heck, and break anything that's non-permanent and non-lethal.

Title your story.

Deadline

The deadline for stories is Sunday, July 24th, 11:59pm New York time(click the link if you're unsure). Yeah, that's a couple of extra days, but I like to end it on Sunday nights for the last minute types like me that need all the time they can get lol. ALL ARE WELCOME TO WRITE FOR THIS CONTEST! In the meantime, I'm glad you're here, hope you're doing well, and I'll see you on the 24th. :^)

*Credit for the Picture

The picture of Danika is actually Lady In Red, by Cintia on Inprnt.com. It was originally given as the inspiration for CCC #26 in 2014. The original pic has a word balloon which I blacked out here, and replaced with the show's logo. My apologies to the artist- we're not making any money off of it- just keeping Danika's inspiration consistent.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

CCC 122

Impurest Edition

“Good evening, I am Eloise Cheese for Impurest Edition, the hardest hitting investigative show in the UK. Tonight, we have an expose on the reality crime show Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe. The flimsy premise, poorly shot, doco-reality show that sends a supermodel after low level criminals with a team miscreants!

Images of the opening credits of the show roll. The leggy platinum blonde rolls over a car bonnet, followed by her slamming a suspect into a chain link fence, Danika firing shots at a target, some cars racing shot in the style of a Mikael Bey film, followed by a headshot of the stunning supermodel looking over her aviators and winking as the credits hit the screen.

“This show is borderline for what passes for entertainment, with only Stefan Saygull, the 90’s quasi martial arts movie star, being a worse program. But I digress, I’m not here tonight to eviscerate a TV show that North Korea uses to torture its citizens, but to show what happened to cause an international incident! Roll the footage!”

The grainy Pro-Go film showed Danika Sedova sitting at a poorly lit table, possibly in a warehouse. Next to her was Brian "The Hook" Baldwin, and beside him Maurice Cartier. She sat elbows on the table, fists scrunched awkwardly into her nose and mouth.

“This won’t be a team; it’ll just be me.” Danika muttered.

“Danika, I know you’re angry b…”

“They’ve raised a bounty, Tabby,” Danika starred straight into the camera. “I’m a bounty hunter. It also helps that this arrogant warmonger has invaded my homeland! Putin gets a bullet.”

“I can get us in,” Brian said tapping the papers in the centre of the table.

“I can get us out…well I think I can,” Maurice shrugged. “But it won’t be pretty.”

“I can probably cobble up something cool because he’s bound to have a super powered Cossack in his entourage.”

“Excellent,” Danika stood up. “Let’s go kill Putin.”

The bounty hunter walks off and the image freezes in an odd sideways blur.

“For those of you unfamiliar with global events, Russia invaded the Ukraine in 2014 taking large chunks of Crimea in a blatant ruse and then in February 2022, he launched a full military assault in the Donetsk and Luhansk regions under a paper-thin disguise of peace keeping, even making an attack on the Ukrainian capital, Kyiv. Despite superior numbers and technology, the Ukrainians have held out clinging to life and territory like pitbulls! This situation could’ve gone on for potentially two years.

Ukrainian by birth, Danika Sedova, took it upon herself to assassinate the Russian head of state Vladimir Putin. Fans of the show will know I’m not Putin’s friend, but I don’t want him dead either. Roll the tape.”

Soundless lime green head-cam footage of a plane door, two slender black gloved hands holding the open door frame. The footage rolls like a washing machine into blackness with several pinholes of light appearing into view. The footage corrects shortly after several spins, and it shows the ground rushing up.

“This is where Danika illegally entered Russia via a HALO or High-Altitude Low Opening maneuver. Though the night vision is hard to see you can make out the Moskva River and Red Square. She landed in Zaryaydye Park just east of the Kremlin”

Next is jumpy vision, possibly running, as the camera operator heads towards Red Square. Several people are seen in passing, several untranslated and/or muffled Russian phrases are said. The footage is quite boring but intense as the POV of a stroll through Moscow at 2 am continues.

“The building ahead is Novo-Ogaryevo, Putin’s official residence since 2000. Now, I must warn you that several people die in the next few minutes. There is gunfire, knife play, even an explosion. We’ll go to commercial to allow YOU to think about it and for our sponsors to ply you with ads.”

~Do you suffer from problem acne? Well help is at hand! Try extra strength Nemacyst, the safe revolutionary acne foam that combines the power of the ocean with the latest in skin technology. Nemacyst, the only way to be rid of acne!~

~ ♪ Wave Walker! Wave Walker! Aqua time, excellent ♪! Get your Wave Walker boots exclusively at Onca! ♪ Wave Walker! Wave Walker! Aqua time, excellent ♪!

“Welcome back, I’m Eloise Cheese and this is Impurest Edition. What you’re about to see is several people being murdered in cold blood. Viewer discretion is advised.”

A muzzle flash lights up the night vision as a man falls against a wall leaving a dark wet stain as he slides down. Another man is stabbed in the back of the skull with a shiny blade that catches the light. The footage plays out almost like a computer game walk through. Then explosions erupt around the camera as bullets make sparks around her. Fire is returned and the film can’t keep up with the action. It’s rough and jumpy and when it suddenly clears, Vladimir Putin is looking up from a kneeling position looking into camera, nose gushing blood.

“Now we apologize, as we have managed to translate most of what is said but there could be some errors since very few people on the Impurest Edition staff speak Russian, but we made do.”

A hand streaks out and slaps the Russian President in the face.

{What do you have to (garbled)?}

{Who are you?}

SLAP! {Why should I let you live? Why shouldn’t I end your (garbled) the war?”

{Ukraine is Russian, we take what is ours!}

SLAP {You’re a sick dog that (garbled)

{Russia will never b…}

SLAP {Enough! Vladimir Vladimirovich Putin, President of Russia, and all round (garbled) I sentence you to a face to face meeting with the mayor of Kyiv, the man who paid most my bounty, Vitali Klitschko. He’s a professional boxer and he’ll be really glad to see (garbled). This is a beacon teleporter. It’ll send you to wherever the other beacon is. I wanted it set to Iron Bottom Sound in the Solomon Islands or somewhere on the moon, but my team couldn’t get (garbled). So, Kyiv it was. Have a nice time being beaten to death by a very large, very angry Ukrainian. Dasvidaniya!}

“And you know the rest. Mayor Klitschko beat Putin to death with his bare hands yesterday when the Russian President dropped onto the steps of Gorodetsky House. Russia ceased its activities in Ukraine, pulling out just before Ukraine formally signed with NATO. Newly appointment Russian President Sergei Ivanov has engaged in peace talks with Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelenskyy, but he has also issued a huge bounty upon the head of Danika Sedova who has gone on the run, not surprisingly.

Am I happy Putin’s dead, no. Am I happy the Ukraine war is over, yes. But will this lead to more trouble? What happens next when say the US invades a country will this stunningly angry woman take blood money from a cadre of republicans to off President Colleen Petra? My money that while this has won a war, it’s created a whole new battle. I’m Eloise Cheese, good night”

__

Notes

Eloise Cheese, name for Impurestcheese

Impurest Edition, see above

Mikael Bey and Stefan Saygull, movie actors and directors in this universe based on our world counterparts

Pro-Go, this universes version of personal head/hand mounted cameras

Nemacyst, named after an Impurestcheese story/ship Nemacyst

Wave Walker, from Impurestcheese’s Crime Inc #1

Vitali Klitschko, is/was the mayor of Kyiv and a professional boxer 45 wins, 2 losses, has an 87% knockout percentage

Iron Bottom Sound in the Solomon Islands, from another IC story

Sergei Ivanov, is the Special Representative of the President of Russia on the Issues of Environmental Activities, Ecology and Transport in 2022

Colleen Petra, name taken from Impurestcheese’s Five Star series

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I'm not crazy about your choice of villain, as he's not exactly OC, but I suppose public figure ~ public domain/fair use, and the Ukraine situation came to mind when I typed out her nationality too. Putin getting beaten by the Ukraine leader would be cool though.

I did smile at the Imp' references peppered throughout. Particularly Nemacyst (lol'd at that) and Onca (you forgot that in your notes). I caught the Petra reference too, but Wave Walker and Iron Bottom Sound I did not know of. Haven't read those stories apparently. :}

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Waiting for a pin bump. 🙂

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

Waiting for a pin bump. 🙂

@pikahyper: Will you pin this to Fan-Fic, please? And while you're there, unpin the CCC #121 Voting Thread? I'd appreciate it- the regular mods over there must be on hiatus or something. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@cbishop: That's fair...I may edit some details, I was just running on Eloise being the original character...I'll edit Putin, was just running off current events was all

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sundown89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#8  Edited By Sundown89

Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe faces her most reclusive quarry to date; a wicked force that works from the shadows preying on the weak and helpless. Will she bring this mysterious menace to justice? Or is this one foe too devious for even her skills to capture?

Monterey, California

The refrigerated warehouse was quiet as the woman dressed in a black jumpsuit with a matte black bandolier slung over her shoulder slinked up to the perimeter wall topped with razor wire. Removing a knife from her belt, the woman edged along the wall to where the security camera aimed at the locked gate was positioned. Reaching up she cut the sheath of the wire of the camera, before taking a clip from the bandolier slung over her shoulder and snapping it onto the cable.

“Taking control of the cameras in 3...2…1, we have eyes.” A voice whispered over the earpiece the woman was working. “Setting record transfer pattern and stage is set ready for action.” She added as the woman walked over to the gate and removed a hand crossbow loaded with a blunt wide headed bolt.

“Is the target inside?” The woman asked as she lined up a shot on the big security light on the edge of the factory. Taking her shot, the bolt smashed through the lens and bulb, plunging the yard into darkness.

“It’s there, one car transporter loaded with four of the SandCat’s stolen from the Mexican Army.” The advisor announced as the woman holstered the crossbow and began to climb up the gate, vaulting over the razor wire before landing on the other side. “Be careful Danika, there are multiple Myrmidons on site, all of them armed, all of them fuelled up.”

Nodding and removing a silenced pistol, Danika headed across the yard towards a pair of trucks, the backs down almost as if they were ready to be loaded. Skirting between them Danika stopped as a figure pushing s cart loaded with two-gun metal grey reinforced crates. The figure wore a black boiler suit accented with a red chevron over the stomach, a fuel tank on his back that led up to a breather mask, and attached goggles. Flattening herself against the truck, Danika heard the figure head into the truck, before attempting to sneak past him, only for the door of the warehouse to swing open and a second figure to emerge pushing a similar cart.

The reaction of both figures was immediate, with Danika opening fire with her pistol, the mercy rounds bludgeoning the figure into submission, as they pulled their own weapon to bare. The crack of gunshots drew the figure in the truck’s attention and they added a staccato blast from their assault rifle joining the cacophony, forcing Danika to drop behind the cart from the second guard. As the blast of gunshots died down, a screech sounded from the truck as the guard ran towards Danika, his finger still thumbing the trigger to no avail. Raising up from behind her cover Danika vaulted over the cart and landed a blow to the man’s chest, before performing a leg sweep and knocking him to the ground.

“Status on the rest of the hive?” Danika whispered as she removed the mask of the man to reveal acid-burnt skin around the mouth and half-melted teeth.

“Unaware, the Myrmidons are not the smartest mercenaries around.” The advisor told Danika, as she turned and opened the cases being wheeled out to reveal anti-tank launchers and heavy machine guns. “But then they are all addicted to ‘Aroma’, to the point where they are constantly inhaling the raw uncut form.”

“Aroma needs cold temperatures to remain as a liquid, is it possible that this is a synthesis lab in addition to a stockpile for their stolen goods?” Danika asked as the doors opened, causing her to bolt into the shadows as another Myrmidon exited the warehouse, passing their unconscious hive members. Sneaking inside, Danika ducked into a staircase, heading up onto the gantry that ran around the warehouse, the four SandCat armoured cars parked in the centre of the structure.

Sneaking towards the site office, Danika slipped inside the room where two women lay, completely passed out, drooling an acidic saliva down their cheeks. Stepping over the addicts, Danika pushed the chair out the way and turned the computer on, slotting a USB key into the drive slot.

“Blackroot infestation spreading out, all the files are being submitted to the remote drive.” The advisor whispered, as Danika watched a charging bar crawl across the screen. “Once it’s complete we can head on out.”

“I want the lab dismantled before I leave,” Danika whispered as removed a pair of collapsible stun batons from the bandolier as buzzing grunts sounded from outside the office. Edging towards the door, Danika got ready for an ambush as the door opened and a woman dressed in a guard’s jumpsuit with the same tank and breathing apparatus walked in, her hair brunt off the scalp by the acidic by-products of ‘Aroma’. Buzzing and grunting the woman turned out of the room leaving the door open behind her. Sighing slightly, Danika walked over and removed the USB key, and turned the computer off before heading back to the gantry.

“Where’s the lab?” Danika whispered as she slipped along close to the wall as two of the Myrmidons stood on the SandCat armored cars, buzzing at each other, seemingly engaged in an intense conversation.

“Refrigeration room, other end of the warehouse.” The advisor told her as a shutter opened beneath Danika and two more Myrmidons collapsed out of the room, choking and coughing as they spasmed on the floor. Their plight drew the attention of the Myrmidons on the SandCats, causing them to look up and scream drawing weapons and opening fire wildly, giving Danika the time to drop off the gantry to the ground, landing hard next to the now deceased guards. Out of ammunition, the Myrmidon’s dropped down and swung their weapons at her, their blows powerful but clumsy, allowing Danika to dance between them, stabbing them with her batons, electricity arching across them causing one of the attackers to convulse and drop to the floor. The remaining attacker landed a lucky hit on Danika, the blow causing the bounty hunter's stab to go wide and hit the fuel tank, sparks running through the apparatus, as the ‘Aroma’ ignited and shot up to the ventilator burning the skin of the Myrmidon.

Not that is mattered, the Myrmidon kept on striking even as her skin charcoalising until she was knocked out by a blow that sent her smashing into the side of one of the SandCats. As the Myrmidon went down the door to the yard swung open and another six Myrmidon’s entered, their numbers including the pair that Danika had previously knocked out, their guns swiveling as they looked for the intruder to their hive. Looking at the returning guards and then the room where the two dead guards had stumbled out of Danika ducked into the shuttered room and immediately began to wretch as she took a step inside, a thick black fog billowing from a broken canister. Staggering out, Danika collapsed next to the dead guards even as the Myrmidons advanced on her.

Danika opened her eyes blinking in the half-light as the stills pumped a thick pink liquid through tubes into the fuel canisters the Myrmidon’s wore while on duty. Struggling, Danika realized she was bound to a chair bolted to the ground and unable to move. Now awake she saw a pale-skinned woman dressed in a yellow jumpsuit, her face uncovered by the breathing apparatus the other Myrmidons wore, a mobile phone clamped in her hand.

“Yes, yes I understand.” The woman buzzed as she paced back and forth past the stills and the two Myrmidon guards that had their weapons aimed at the chair. “We had a minor leak; I’ve sent drones to clean up the mess. It wasn’t my fault we had a personnel problem.” She stopped and looked at Danika, horror, and anger etched on her features, “We…we will get it under control.” She gulped as she closed the phone and walked up to Danika, looming over her. “You have cost my operation thousands of dollars and hours of time we already didn’t have! Now, who are you?” The woman asked as she placed a dagger against Danika’s cheek.

“Please I am Sonia, a good girl from Russia, I look for Aroma.” Danika gulped, leaning on her accent to make her sell the lie. “Please I work for Aroma, you let me go.”

“An addict?” The woman asked as she slipped one of the ventilator’s off of the fuel tanks and brought it close to Danika’s face. “When I’m done with you, you certainly will be.” She continued as she clamped the mask onto Danika’s face. “Do you really think I’m an idiot, I’m Lady Invictia, I know that you are no addict.” She spat before turning to her Myrmidon’s. “Get her ready and make her presentable. And bring out another volunteer to test the next batch, our benefactor is not too happy about the discharge…” she stopped and turned to look at Danika, the young woman’s eyes flickering as the effects of the ‘Aroma’ took hold, “…and I don’t wish to risk their wrath again.”

Danika opened her eyes once again, groaning as she tried to sit up, the short red dress she was wearing shifting over her knees. Looking around she saw two tanks, their ventilators undeployed and ready for the Myrmidon’s who were addicted to them to start inhaling the mixture. While her hands were bound, Danika could still reach one of the ventilators and broke the locking mechanism, the acidic Aroma leaking onto the plastic cable ties and melting them away.

Getting to her feet Danika looked at the lab around her as the Myrmidon’s mixed a thick smoking black liquid from a tank marked Xiphos Biotechnology ETR-909 with the pink sugary syrup that was the main ingredient of the narcotic Aroma. While the Myrmidons were fixated on the lab work, Lady Invictia was pacing back and forth with a gas spectrometer clamped in her hand as she waited for the chemical to be completed. All parties seemed to be unaware of Danika being roused, even as she silently confiscated one of her pistols lying on the desk.

“Keep the pressure of the fume cupboards down.” Lady Invicta ordered as she turned to face her Myrmidons and the work, they were engrossed in. “The moment we hit the threshold we need to flood the chamber with refrigerant.” She continued, as the dial on the fume cupboard began to climb, the Myrmidon working on the synthesis reaching for a spigot with insulation around the pipe. Reaching out to twist the spigot, the Myrmidon recoiled as Danika opened fire, the rounds smashed through the glass of the fume cupboard, a sticky stinking smoke leaking out of the breach.

“You!!” Lady Invicta snapped seconds before the fume cupboard was ripped open, thick black smoke flooding out, swallowing up the Myrmidons, their skin erupting into burns and boils, the shockwave of the chemical reaction knocking Lady Invicta to the floor.

“Me.” Danika stated as she loomed over the prone chemist, “I wish you could remember this moment as much as I will.” Danika stated before taking one last shot, the body of Lady Invicta falling, blood pooling from her forehead. Not wasting any time, Danika bolted to the stairs up to the main warehouse, only for a figure to tackle her from behind.

“I plan to.” Lady Invicta hissed as she slammed Danika face first into the stairs. Struggling Danika threw the chemist back, before delivering a kick to her opponent's face, the blow causing Lady Invicta’s teeth to rattle, black smoke erupting from her mouth, and her eyes bleeding from the chemical exposure.

“What is this?” Danika asked as she began backing up the steps.

“It’s the death…death…of the Gods.” Lady Invictia coughed as he skin began to erupt into painful red blisters that began to harden. “The Universal…” the words were lost replaced by a buzzing shriek as she lunged towards Danika, only to be repulsed with a full clip of bullets unloaded into her. Not bothering to check on her, Danika dashed up into the warehouse, as the lab began to collapse, the remaining canisters of Aroma detonating into pink toxic clouds.

“And there we have it, the new reboot of Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe.” The tall pale-skinned man stated as he turned the screen off, before looking at the woman dressed in jeans and a tank top, her platinum blonde hair pulled into a loose ponytail who sat before him. “Far more edgy, far sexier, and a lot more dangerous than the last series that you were part of.”

“I’m sorry Mr Gere, I have to refuse the offer.” Danika stated as she got up from the chair she had been sitting in.

“Can I ask why?” Gere asked as he looked up at Danika, only to see her holding a pair of handcuffs in one hand, a small arm-mounted camera pointing at him.

“I don’t work with pedophiles,” Danika told him as Gere got ready to stand only for Danika to trip sending him crashing into the sofa in his office. “I’ve seen the footage; you really shouldn’t have perused this venture it gave me everything I needed to bring you to justice.” Danika purred as she stood over the man, even as he tried to get back to his feet.

“You think you can do this to me!” Gere roared seemingly unphased with the situation he was quickly falling into. “I’ll make sure you get deported you bitch! You’ll remember this when you are dying penniless in some despotic third-world country!”

“Oh, I plan to remember this moment as much as you,” Danika replied, before turning the camera to face her, blowing a kiss towards the lens.

Hadrien Gere was arrested for seven counts of indecent exposure with a minor thanks to the investigation by Danika Sedova and Tahlliana Entertainment. All information that led to his arrest was submitted to the FBI to assist with the pending trial. Please don’t emulate anything you have seen in this episode, Danika Sedova is a trained martial artist and investigator, as well as a licensed bounty hunter.

Please join us next week as Danika hunts down the so-called ‘Bow Hunter of El Paso’ in the shocking hunt for a serial cop killer.

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Welp, sorry @cbishop, I tried, but just had 0 good ideas for this one.

I'll still vote though.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Welp, sorry @cbishop, I tried, but just had 0 good ideas for this one.

I'll still vote though.

Honestly, I'm having a hard time with this one myself, but I think I finally know what I'm going to do. I also think it's a little too similar to your J. Bryan contest, and only two contests later. Oh, well. They won't all be winners. :}

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sundown89: You have done some reading! Some very nice references dropped in your story. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cbishop

Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe - S2:E3: Oilbird

Danni walks into the briefing room, and lets a half-inch thick folder slap the team's table. "I'm not happy," she snaps. "We almost had City Slicker. How did he manage to get away?"

"He just... slipped between our fingers," Maurice Cartier says with a grin.

She glowers. "Do I look like I'm in the mood to joke right now?"

"Boss, you were there," says Tabby. "He literally slipped between our fingers."

"Which tells me we didn't have the right tools for the job," Danny says tersely. "Why is that, Tabby?"

Tabby Taylor looked down at the table. "Our intel said he was weak to fire. We thought the flamethrowers would be enough."

"That clearly wasn't so," says Danni, "and now our only lead is to chase down his girlfriend. Oilbird has all the same powers. How do we catch her if we couldn't catch City Slicker?"

"We're taking a small tanker truck with us for containment this time," answers Brian Baldwin, briefly sliding the fishhook piercing his lip back-and-forth with his thumb and forefinger. "The small kind used for home heating oil deliveries."

"How do we get her into the tanker?" Danni asks, looking back to Tabby.

"Wet vac," Tabby answers. "Back-mounted- enough suction to pull a golfball through a garden hose. We'll all have one, and the four of them can hold her until we get her into the tanker."

Danny looked doubtful. "You want to split her into four different containers? Can we do that without killing her?"

"She's survived worse," says Brian. "It won't kill her, but it'll probably hurt like blue blazes. It will definitely keep her weak enough to get her into the truck without resistance."

"Fine," says Danni. "Maurice?"

Maurice shrugs, and grins confidently. "I'm driving the truck of course. Once she's in, we take her to the El Dorado Superhuman Containment Facility, and pump her into a holding tank."

Brian winced slightly, and looked to Danni. "The Golden Gulag, boss?"

"It's our best bet for holding her," says Maurice. "Back up plan is the nearest Spiffy Lube."

"Still not in the mood for that right now," says Danni. She snatches the folder off the table, and uses it to wave the three of them towards the door. "Let's get it done!"

There's a brief montage of sped-up shots showing the team packing their gear, and loading it into the back of a black SUV. Danni and Brian hop into the SUV, and Maurice and Tabby climb into the small tanker truck. The vehicles speed off from their base, and the camera cuts to them pulling up to an abandoned oil field. The camera slows to normal speed as the team piles out, and gathers at the back of the SUV.

As they unload the wet vacs, Brian asks, "We're supposed to find her here?"

Checking the straps of his wet vac, Maurice chuckles, somewhat nervous. "Yeah, Danni. This could be like trying to find Clouded Tiger in a fog bank."

No Caption Provided

Unzipping a duffel bag, and handing out a device to each of them, Tabby says, "That's why you'll have these. Unidirectional microphones. These are the kind spies would use to pick up conversations in the next building. Like Clouded Tiger, Oilbird still has a heartbeat, and she can't disguise that. If you pick up its sound, you signal, and the rest of us converge on her until we can use the vacs."

Brian unzipped another duffel bag, and pulled out more gear. "I recommend wearing these. Tyvek suits with built-in face shields."

"Are you nuts," balked Danni. "It's a hundred and twelve out here today."

Tabby was already pulling hers on. "You wanna get soaked again, like we did with City Slicker? I still haven't gotten all of him out of my hair yet."

"We're gonna roast in those things," Sedova said a bit perturbed.

About to pull the hood over his head, Maurice said, "Then boss, I guess we better do this quick."

Danni sighed, and pulled hers on too.

Pulling the wet vacs over their shoulders, and picking up their mics, they spread out about seven meters from each other, and started moving across the oil field.

"I feel like a Ghostbuster in this getup," said Maurice.

"Shut up and let the mics do their job," replied Danni.

No Caption Provided

Music played as the team walked the field in a grid pattern, the camera cutting about every ten seconds to another view, skipping ahead in their thus far fruitless search. Finally, cutting to Tabby's view, the volume bars jump on her microphone's electronic display. "I've got her. Next drilling rig in front of me."

The team converges on her position as they approach the well, and as they get about five meters from it, there's a sudden violent rumble, and oil explodes the full height of the derrick, spraying everything.

Tabby moves in first, flipping the switch on her vac, and the other three follow suit. Their suits covered in oil, they press in towards the Kelly, letting their equipment do its job until the oil stops flowing. They use a lower setting to get the oil off of their Tyvek suits, and then happily strip them off, sweating profusely.

"Never thought one-twelve would be a welcome change," said Danni.

"Do we need to vac up any of the oil that's on the ground?" asks Maurice.

Aiming her mic at each wet vac, Tabby says, "No, her heartbeat's in Brian's tank. She can lose oil the same way we shed skin. If there's not enough in the tanks, she can be given more to replenish her volume once she's at El Dorado."

There's another sped-up montage of the team unloading the contents of the vacs to the tanker truck, packing up the equipment, getting back in the vehicles, taking off, and making their way to El Dorado. The facility's personnel unload the tanker, the camera pans along some pipes, and then cuts inside where the oil fills up a large containment tube about halfway. Once the tube seals, Oilbird takes her human form, and the camera slows back to normal speed.

Danni takes the lead. "We need you tell us where City Slicker is, Oilbird."

"Oh, gif it up, luv. I ain't tellin' you nuffin'," she sneers.

"You will," Danni assures her, "because your other options are being reduced by a blast furnace, or being sectioned off into drums, and shipped out to various Spiffy Lubes."

Maurice glances sideways at Sedova, and she grins back. "I got that idea from you," she says with a wink.

"You woul'nt," Oilbird says, unsure.

Danni just looks at her with a blank expression.

The narrator talks over the credits, and says, "With the information obtained from Oilbird, the team was able to track down City Slicker, and apprehend him in the same manner. Both are currently incarcerated at the El Dorado Superhuman Containment Facility, awaiting trial."

The credits wrap up, and the camera cuts to a shot of Danni in the signature red dress she wears for the show's promotions. She's looking into the camera with a smile, and she winks, and blows a kiss to the audience.

Notes: Danni, Tabby, Brian, Maurice, City Slicker, and the show Danika Sedova: Bounty Hunter Babe were created by ImpurestCheese, and inherited by me.

Oilbird, Clouded Tiger, Spiffy Lube, and the El Dorado Superhuman Containment Facility (AKA The Golden Gulag) created by me. Oilbird and Clouded Tiger names were inspired by entries from Impurest's Guide to Animals.

Tyvek is a trademark of DuPont, and Ghostbusters belong to Columbia Pictures Ghost Corps (Sony Pictures).

Story and original characters owned by Chris Bishop, copyright 2022.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's time. I'll have the voting thread up soon.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers