Character Creation Contest #117: The Patented Gillis Superdude Name Maker

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 1115

Edited By cbishop
Peter B. Gillis Superdude Name Maker
Peter B. Gillis Superdude Name Maker

Okay, folks, you get a little variety this time. I ran across this picture of "The Patented Gillis Superdude Name Maker" on Facebook. It's named after comic writer Peter B. Gillis, but that's not important here.

What IS important is that you use this name maker to come up with ONE ORIGINAL HERO... ONE ORIGINAL VILLAIN... and ONE ORIGINAL WEAPON... and you guessed it: WRITE A STORY ABOUT THEM! The original pic is at the right, but I have alphebetized it in the table below.

Two stipulations here:

Stipulation 1: No Name Doubling!

Some words are in both columns- no combining those. So that means no...

• Dragon Dragon
  • Fire Fire
  • Hawk Hawk
  • Phantom Phantom
  • Shadow Shadow
  • Star Star
  • Wing Wing

I don't know why anyone would want to use these names, but there's the rule just in case.

Stipulation 2: Try to avoid established character names.

The joke of this Name Maker is that Mr. Gillis and others have named many of the established comic characters we know and love using the possible combos on this list. TRY to avoid those. I'm not going to say you can't use them, because... well... I'm just not going to police that.

BUT... this is for ORIGINAL characters. So: have fun.

Stipulation 3: How to put Column A & B together (because I've been asked):

• Column A (example: Death) is the first half of the name, and Column B (example Bird) is the second half of the name.
  • If you want to make it Death Bird or Deathbird, that's up to you (but Deathbird is an established Marvel character, so see Stipulation 2)
  • NO to Column B then Column A (so NO Bird Death/ Birddeath)
  • Each name is just ONE column A and ONE column B. NO A B of A (so NO Death Bird of Doom)

The (main) rules:

• Using the name maker, create one hero, one villain, and one weapon.
  • Write a story about them.
  • No name doubling (see Stipulation 1 above)
  • Try to avoid established character names (see Stipulation 2 above)
  • No word limit.
  • Deadline is Thursday, March 3, 2022, @11:59PM New York time (click the link if you're unsure).

I look forward to your entries. Have fun, and see you in two weeks!

THE PATENTED GILLIS SUPERDUDE NAME MAKER
Pick one from Column A and one from Column B -- and presto! You have a character name.
Column A:Column B:
  • Air
  • Black
  • Blood
  • Crimson
  • Dark
  • Dawn
  • Death
  • Doom
  • Dragon
  • Dream
  • Earth
  • Fire
  • Green
  • Grey
  • Hawk
  • Hell
  • Iron
  • Mad
  • Mind
  • Moon
  • Night
  • Phantom
  • Plague
  • Power
  • Red
  • Ring
  • Ruby
  • Scarlet
  • Sea
  • Shadow
  • Silver
  • Sky
  • Spider
  • Star
  • Sun
  • Thunder
  • Time
  • Were
  • White
  • Wind
  • Wing
  • Winter
  • Arrow
  • Axe
  • Bird
  • Dancer
  • Demon
  • Destroyer
  • Dragon
  • Eagle
  • Eye
  • Fire
  • Flame
  • Flower
  • Force
  • Fox
  • Guardian
  • Hawk
  • King
  • Knight
  • Light
  • Lord
  • Mane
  • Mask
  • Master
  • Phantom
  • Queen
  • Rider
  • Serpent
  • Shadow
  • Shark
  • Singer
  • Skull
  • Slayer
  • Spear
  • Stalker
  • Star
  • Stealer
  • Storm
  • Sword
  • Thief
  • Tiger
  • Warrior
  • Wing
  • Witch
  • Wizard
  • Wolf
Remember: deadline is Thursday, March 3, 2022, @11:59PM New York time!

I'm glad you're here! Please join us for the fun, and enter your story! -cb

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 116 Voting Thread? Thank you.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cbishop: Nice prompt, I'll start brainstorming on story ideas.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cbishop

@nordok: if you have a moment, can you do the pin/unpin thing, please? Thanks.

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh finally, it's been a while since I've been tagged for these

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@steve40l: We don't usually tag for it, because everyone is welcome. I just tagged the regulars/semi-regulars. :)

Steve40L

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop Oh that makes since. I get to work on this for the weekend

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

1. Air
  2. Black
  3. Blood
  4. Crimson
  5. Dark
  6. Dawn
  7. Death
  8. Doom
  9. Dragon
  10. Dream
  11. Earth
  12. Fire
  13. Green
  14. Grey
  15. Hawk
  16. Hell
  17. Iron
  18. Mad
  19. Mind
  20. Moon
  21. Night
  22. Phantom
  23. Plague
  24. Power
  25. Red
  26. Ring
  27. Ruby
  28. Scarlet
  29. Sea
  30. Shadow
  31. Silver
  32. Sky
  33. Spider
  34. Star
  35. Sun
  36. Thunder
  37. Time
  38. Were
  39. White
  40. Wind
  41. Wing
  42. Winter
  1. Arrow
  2. Axe
  3. Bird
  4. Dancer
  5. Demon
  6. Destroyer
  7. Dragon
  8. Eagle
  9. Eye
  10. Fire
  11. Flame
  12. Flower
  13. Force
  14. Fox
  15. Guardian
  16. Hawk
  17. King
  18. Knight
  19. Light
  20. Lord
  21. Mane
  22. Mask
  23. Master
  24. Phantom
  25. Queen
  26. Rider
  27. Serpent
  28. Shadow
  29. Shark
  30. Singer
  31. Skull
  32. Slayer
  33. Spear
  34. Stalker
  35. Star
  36. Stealer
  37. Storm
  38. Sword
  39. Thief
  40. Tiger
  41. Warrior
  42. Wing
  43. Witch
  44. Wizard
  45. Wolf

I added numbers and found a RNG site for extra fun. This is NOT an addition to the rules. This is just an idea to add some randomness if you are struggling with inspiration.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine said:

I added numbers and found a RNG site for extra fun. This is NOT an addition to the rules. This is just an idea to add some randomness if you are struggling with inspiration.

Ohhhh, interesting. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Added a "Stipulation 3," because I've been asked about it.

Oscuro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm almost done (with my first draft).

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By batkevin74

Back to the Arena

Hawksword vomited into the sand, spying a tooth and some gum amongst the blood and saliva. “Is that all you’ve got?”

Ten feet away, Power Shadow wheezed as he doubled over trying to force some oxygen into his body. His archenemy was somehow still standing, and he’d just about used everything in his arsenal. “Not by a long shot, Bird Knife.”

Hawksword scoffed at the childish barb. He didn’t care what Power Shadow said, they’d been doing the good guy-bad guy dance since they were teenagers. But now they were in a bizarre interdimensional contest for the Ring Arrow, the dumbest named artifact in the cosmos! The Ring Arrow was a device that could kill anything by pointing the pointy ring at the target, which seems childish but was on a scale almost unimaginable. Pointing it at a rock, it died. At a god, it died. Pointing it at a thought and boom it died. It could kill anything based on the whim and will of the wielder, and this device on the finger of Power Shadow meant the world would end.

Up in the stands of this arena, powerlessly watching were Power Shadow’s group of cohorts, minions, lackeys and thugs known as Nightspear. Plague Eye was itching to get involved but he was held back by an immensely powerful invisible force. Hawksword’s allies the Winter Guardians; Green Master, Moon Fire and Seaflower, were equally paralysed. Whoever was running this cosmic ballet was only letting the two leaders battle it out in the expansive arena.

“Why do you even need the Ring Arrow?” Power Shadow fired blasts of charred blackness across the arena. “This is not a weapon for you?”

“If you want it, then it’s a bad thing,” Hawksword parried the blasts away with his iron sword. “Aren’t you concerned that we don’t know where we are, or who is running this thing?”

“I just want you dead and out of my way.”

“No can do, Nathan,” Hawksword dive rolled closer and slapped Power Shadow across the calves with the flat of the sword knocking him prone.

“DOMINIC OSCAR MAINWARING!”

Dominic pulled his headphones off and looked over at his father who stood at the basement entry fuming.

“What?”

“What do you mean, WHAT? Look!”

Dominic looked to where his father had pointed and saw his little brother Gillis mashing now no longer pristine action figures together. Dominic gulped as about five years ago he’d done a similar thing.

Gillis held up the now bifurcated Power Shadow. “Wanna play, dad?”

A primal, heartbreaking roar echoed through the Mainwaring household.

--

Notes

I used a random number generator for the names. 15 & 38 got me Hawk Sword, 24 & 28 got Power Shadow and 26 & 1 got Ring Arrow. Same with Nightspear and Winter Guardians but that was pluralised for simplicity. Plague Eye was gotten from dice rolls but was purposely put on the "bad side" while Green Master, Moon Fire and Seaflower were generic and plain enough to be "good guys".

Not really knowing what to do with this story or having much writing inspiration of late I went back 5yrs to a previous CCC and added to it. It can be found here

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forums/fan-fic-8/character-creation-contest-49-1792895/#2

Original characters are: Hawksword, Power Shadow, Gillis Mainwaring, Ring Arrow, Nightspear, Winter Guardians, Plague Eye, Green Master, Moon Fire and Sea Flower. Dominic Oscar Mainwaring is original but from a previous CCC along with his unnamed dad

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Nice. I love it when someone does callbacks to old contests. :)

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By mrmonster

Iron Eagle: Protector of Flora Bella

By mrmonster

Year: 1886

It was rare for me to see my uncle in action. But when I did, it was something I never wanted to miss.

While I was working an afternoon shift tending to horses at the saloon, I saw him wheel his way inside. Once I did, I knew I had to go in and watch.

“Frank Dillman.” He said as he wheeled closer to a table, a table with four guys sitting at it.

Frank set his whiskey down, turned around, and said “Who’s asking?”

“I’m Deputy Eastwood.” He said. “But everyone ‘round here just calls me Iron Eagle. Was my nickname in the Civil War, and it stuck. Now, are you Frank Dillman?”

“Yeah.” He said as he took another sip of whiskey. “What do you want?”

“I want to ask where you got all the silver you deposited in the bank yesterday.” My uncle explained.

“Same place anyone gets silver ‘round here.” Frank exclaimed. “From the mines over in the mountains. Now, got anymore questions, or can I finish my drink?”

“Just one.” Iron Eagle replied. “You sure you got it from the mines? Or did you kill a miner and steal it from him?”

Frank reached into his coat and drew a pocket revolver. But my uncle was quicker on the draw, and was able to shoot him in the arm before he was even able to fire off a single shot.

Two of the other men at the table tried to grab their sidearms as well; Iron Eagle simply shot them both in the leg.

The last of them tried to run. Iron Eagle sped up in this wheelchair, caught up to him in seconds, and threw a punch to his gut that immediately had him crying on the floor, in pain.

“Bartender, go call the town doctor!” He ordered. He then turned back to the outlaws and said “Don’t worry, you won’t die here. I won’t let you escape from justice that easily.”

A lot of people underestimated my uncle. After he took a bullet to the back in the Civil War and lost his ability to walk, most people just expected him to take on a quiet, retired life. But no; he moved out West, where his sister (aka my mom) lived, and became a Deputy.

A lot of outlaws passing through didn’t think a Deputy in a wheelchair would be worth worrying about. They were wrong; my uncle was as capable with his gun and his fists as any able-bodied lawman.

“Uncle, that was amazing!” I said as I ran up to him to give him a hug.

“Thomas.” He said as he hugged me back. “What’re you doing here?”

“I have a summer job.” I said. “I tend to the horses while they’re tied up outside.”

“Wonderful.” My uncle said. “You know, I have two nickels right here, how about you join me for a glass of Coca-Cola.”

“That sounds great, thank you.” I said.

We were sipping our sodas while the town doctor was rushing to apply tourniquets on their wounds. Luckily, none seemed fatal; which is a possibility, even if you aim for arms and legs. Even a good shooter like my uncle can easily hit a vital artery or vein on accident. Thankfully, it was not the case that day. While the three who got shot were probably going to require amputations, they would all live to serve their sentences in prison.

But if my uncle thought he was done for the day, he was wrong. Before we even finished our Cokes, a man came running into the saloon and shouted “Is there a lawman here?”

“That would be me.” Iron Eagle answered.

The man looked in worse shape than our detainees; his body was covered in dirt and his face was covered in blood. He was so sunburned that some of his skin looked like it was peeling off.

“My gosh, you need some water.” Iron Eagle said.

“Night Serpent.” The stranger managed to say. At this point, he was looking too weak to even stand on his own.

“Night Serpent?” My uncle asked, with the face of a man who was just told he was gonna die. “Is he…”

“He’s coming for your town.” The stranger said before collapsing on our floor.

He held up his head and poured small amounts of water in his mouth. We also kept him indoors, shielded from the sun. About twenty minutes later, he woke up.

“Oh thank the lord almighty.” He said as he regained his consciousness. “I thought you were just a fever dream.”

“The Night Serpent.” Iron Eagle said. “You said something about him before you succumbed to the heat.”

This surprised me; I thought for sure my uncle was going to ask if he was alright, or even what his name was. But instead, he chose to ask about someone or something I’d never even heard of.

“I ran into him, out in the desert.” He said. “I was riding with a small caravan, carrying goods we had just purchased from the Navajo tribe a few miles Northwest of us. But then, out of nowhere, the Night Serpent and his posse ambush us. All my men died, I was the only one who managed to get away; even though I had to do so on foot, after they shot my horse.”

“You’re sure it was him?” Iron Eagle asked.

“Yes, sir.” He answered. “I’d recognize The Scarlet Skull anywhere.”

The Sheriff, Sheriff Westcott, came by a little later to question him further. While that was done, I asked my uncle “Who is this, Night Serpent, and why are you so afraid of him?”

“Because Night Serpent is one of the most dangerous outlaws in the West.” Iron Eagle explained. “He and his gang leave no survivors during their raids; they’ll kill anyone they see, just for the thrill of it.”

“He has his own signature handgun; one made specifically by him, one that’s a much bigger caliber size than any conventional handgun. So much that he has to make his own special bullets for it. Anyway, if he’s supposed to be coming our way, that can’t be good.”

“What can I do?” I asked.

“I’m sorry Thomas, but if he comes, you’re doing nothing but hunkering down in your home.” My uncle explained. “He is way too dangerous for you to be anywhere near, so sorry, but you’re not getting involved.”

For the next day or so, it was business as usual around the town. We tried to keep normal, hoping that Night Serpent wasn’t going to show up.

Our optimism died when a tall man dressed all in black rode into town, with a posse of five men behind him. Once he drew his giant red handgun and fired a thundering shot into the air, we knew it was him. The sound of the shot alone was horrendous; if I hadn’t known better, I’d swear a cannon had just gone off in our town.

“This town has something that belongs to me!” Night Serpent exclaimed.

Iron Eagle rolled out to him and yelled “Yeah, and what would that be?”

“In the bank, there’s a safety deposit box. Number 129. Inside that box, there’s a watch. Bring me the watch.” He ordered as he fired another shot into the air.

“I could kill your whole town right now, and to be honest, I kind of want to.” He said. “Only reason I’m holding myself back is because I know my best chance of getting the watch undamaged is for you to hand it over.”

“But believe me.” He continued. “We’re coming back in an hour, and if that watch is not out here, waiting for us to swoop in and take it, you will all regret it.”

They then rode off.

Sheriff Westcott immediately had the bank open the safety deposit box

“Lord almighty, it really is just a watch!” The Sheriff exclaimed. “But why? Why is Night Serpent coming out here just to claim a watch?”

“Who knows?” Iron Eagle asked. “But now it’s time for the real question; are we gonna give it to him?”

The Sheriff took a moment to ponder, and then answered “No. If he wants it, it must be for something nefarious. We’re gonna fight him over this, no matter what the cost.”

Iron Eagle responded “That’s exactly what I was hoping you were gonna say. Now, let’s get to work, we ain’t got all day.”

The Sheriff, Iron Eagle, and two other deputies (Deputy Conner and Deputy Morgan) prepared themselves for the invasion. And secretly, so did I.

I did go back home, but only to steal my mom’s Derringer pistol. And once I had it, I went back.

Once back in town, I found a nice hiding place in an alley between two buildings, and got ready to fight for the town of Flora Bella.

Night Serpent and his posse rode into town to find Iron Eagle sitting in his wheelchair in front of the saloon, staring at them bluntly. “Do you have the watch?” He asked.

“Yes, we do.” Iron Eagle answered. “We got it out of the safety deposit box right after you left.”

“How nice of you.” Night Serpent replied.“And wise.” He continued, as he flashed The Scarlet Skull.

He then waited a few seconds, and said “So, where the Hell is it?”

“Oh, you must be mistaken.” Iron Eagle replied. “I said we had it. I didn’t say we were gonna give it to you. Now get the Hell out of our town or every single one of you is gonna be placed under arrest.”

“You stupid cripple!” He shouted as he drew The Scarlet Skull, and once he did, I could see why his gun was so infamous. It looked big enough to blast a hole through concrete.

But before he could blast Iron Eagle, Deputy Conner popped up and began firing at Night Serpent and his posse with a shotgun. He was able to take out a man to Night Serpent’s right, but Night Serpent himself only got grazed.

Night Serpent then quickly turned, aimed, and fired off a shot with The Scarlet Skull, and it was a perfect shot to his chest.

I carefully looked over to see Deputy Conner laying dead on the ground. A shot from a regular handgun might’ve left him with at least a chance at surviving, but the massive bullet tore through his chest like he was a piece of meat at the butcher shop.

Iron Eagle quickly drew his revolver and started firing at them while rolling himself towards cover in the saloon. He didn’t land a hit on Night Serpent, but he was able to shoot his horse in the face,

While Night Serpent desperately tried to get from underneath his fallen horse, his men began firing at my uncle, but Iron Eagle had already taken cover. And moments after he did, Sheriff Westcott and Deputy Morgan began firing down on the four remaining members of the posse from a rooftop, using a pair of repeating action rifles. The posse fired back, but there wasn’t much they could do when the shots were raining down from above.

Once Night Serpent finally got out from underneath his horse, he and Iron Eagle got in an intense gunfight. With my uncle taking cover behind the saloon doors and Night Serpent taking cover behind the dead body of his horse, it was an intense brawl. Night Serpent took a decisive edge when he fired a shot that took out one of Iron Eagle’s wheels.

“DAMN!” Iron Eagle yelled when he realized that his wheelchair was now broken. To add to his foul luck, he was now out of ammo, and couldn’t roll just a few feet to his right to get more.

When Night Serpent stood up, reloaded The Scarlet Skull, and moved closer, I knew it was my time to act, so I drew my pistol and charged his way.

Derringer pistols are not ideal handguns. They’re small, they’re not very accurate, and they only hold two shots at a time. But it was better than nothing, and at that moment, it was my only hope of stopping Night Serpent.

“Guess it’s time for you to die, little cripple.” Night Serpent said as he raised The Scarlet Skull and aimed it straight towards Iron Eagle.

I fired two shots. The first missed him altogether, and the second just hit him in the left shoulder; it clearly still hurt him, but it wasn’t going to be the killing blow I was hoping for.

“You little…” He said as he turned his gun in my direction.

I ran off, and while I did, I tried reloading. On the way, he fired, but missed. I turned the corner of a building, and thought I was safe. But no, Night Serpent continued firing, and his bullets were so powerful that they went through the building, and one of them hit me in the thigh.

“AHHH!” I screamed as the bullet tore through my leg. Worse, when I looked at my wound, I could see blood spouting like a geyser. Which meant that the shot burst an artery.

Which meant my life was in immediate danger.

“You’re a fighter, kid.” Night Serpent said. “In a weird way, I kind of respect that. But still, you shot me, and I can’t let that go unpunished.”

I thought for sure I was about to die. But then, a voice from behind Night Serpent shouted “LEAVE MY NEPHEW ALONE!” before firing a shot that hit him right in the back of the head.

As Night Serpent’s body hit the ground, I could then see my uncle crawling on his hands towards me. “Thomas, are you alright?” He asked as he got closer.

“His shot hit my leg.” I said. “I think I burst an artery.”

“Dear God.” He said as he crawled over to take a closer look. “SOMEONE, ANYONE, WE NEED HELP! GET THE DOCTOR, NOW!”

Thankfully, the doctor came in time. He was able to save my life, but he wasn’t able to save my leg. I needed an immediate amputation.

“Hey kiddo, how’s it feel?” Iron Eagle asked when he saw my new prosthetic leg for the first time.

“Feels weird.” I said. “But hopefully I’ll get used to it.”

“Kid, I want you to promise me something.” He said. “I want you to promise me that you will never let your limits, or what anyone has to say about them, define you.”

“Alright, I promise.” I said.

“You were mighty brave out there.” He said as he pulled his flask out of his pocket and poured two shots of whiskey. “To overcoming disabilities.” He said as he raised his glass.

“To overcoming disabilities.” I said as I took my shot.

“Oh, and by the way, we cracked open the watch, and figured out why Night Serpent wanted it.”

“Really?” I asked.

“Yeah.” Iron Eagle answered. “Inside of it, there was tiny map, all folded up.”

“The map had a big X and some coordinates out in former Navajo country.” Iron Eagle continued. “Along with the word ‘silver.’”

“You don’t think…”

“Yes, I do.” Iron Eagle said. “I think somehow, a map to lost silver ended up in our town.”

“You think we could…”

“Yes Thomas, I most definitely think we can.” He said.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: Man, I had to check a few things out of sheer curiosity, because I didn't think they were time-accurate. BUT I was surprised to learn that prosthetics go back to the 1500's, wheelchairs to the 1600's, the repeater rifle to 1860, and the two-shot Remington Derringer to 1866. The only things that you just missed (with this story taking place in 1882) were the safety deposit box and Coca-Cola, both of which weren't thought about until 1886. Move your story forward four years, and you're all set! :)

Also, I reallllly like this story, and I think that @batkevin74 might agree with me when I say it should be reposted as part of Wild Western. The characters and that Scarlet Skull gun fit right in. What do you think, Batkevin'?

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By mrmonster

@cbishop: Thanks, glad you enjoyed my story.

I actually did do a little bit of research on Civil War/Wild West era guns to make sure at least the weapons in the story were historically accurate. Admittedly Coca-Cola doesn't surprise me too much, but I'm kinda surprised we had repeating action rifles before we had safety deposit boxes.

And yeah, I'll change the year to be a more historically accurate.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mrmonster: I only checked because I'm always paranoid of leaving some glaring anachronism in a story. ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By cbishop

United States v. The Kings: Day 2 - The Fate of The Kings

Federal Building, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Tuesday, 10:00AM:

"All rise!" called the bailiff. "This court is now in session! United States v. The Kings. The Honorable Judge Dean Ship presiding!"

Judge Ship entered quickly, said, "Thank you, Bailey," and took his chair behind the bench. "Be seated. Rebecca Hendrix, please take the stand, and I remind you that you are still under oath." When Hendrix nodded, the judge looked to the prosecuting attorney, and said, "Mister Shun, you may proceed."

"Thank you, Your Honor," said the lawyer as he stood. Holding up a list, he said, "Investigator Hendrix, good morning. I remind you and the court that when we adjourned yesterday, we were about to discuss the members of the The Guardians, starting with the ones that became The Kings. As I directed yesterday, I'm going to read each name, and you please tell the court about them. As there are nineteen names to discuss, I'll ask you to please be brief with your answers."

"Yes, sir," Rebecca confirmed.

Shun snapped the paper once so it was stiff, and he read the first name:

"Dragon Guardian"

"He had super strength, was mostly impervious, had the power to breathe fire, and could fly," she answered.

"So, the same powers as yourself," said Shun. "Another of the Dragon Men?"

"He always said he was a dragon in human form," Rebecca said with a smile.

"Ah, well, that's not the first time we've heard that story," the prosecutor said with a nod. Then he prompted, "And as one of The Kings, he was?"

"Dragon King," Rebecca said, sounding fond of him, "but it was a ruse. He suspected things were going to go from bad to worse when they became The Kings, and he was right- they soon after murdered American Guardian. He immediately turned against them, and helped us fight them."

"You and the remaining Guardians?"

"That's correct."

"What happened to him after the fight?"

"I'm not positive," Hendrix said, her brow furrowed. "He continued to claim that he was king of the dragons, and said he was going back to his kingdom."

"You didn't try to stop him?" asked Shun.

"We didn't have any reason to, and probably couldn't have if we'd tried." She smiled briefly, and added, "I knew I was leaving the team at that point, so I gave him The Dragon Mask." She shrugged. "Kind of a joke."

"So, you parted as friends."

"We did."

"So, do you know where he is, in this supposed Kingdom of Dragons?" asked Shun.

Rebecca shook her head. "Haven't seen him since that day."

"Earth Guardian."

"He had power over plants, and even trees," she answered. "Could make them grow, and move at his commands. He could make trees uproot themselves and walk. He claimed he got his abilities from something called The Power Flower."

Shun nodded. "And he became?"

"Green King. He was defeated and arrested with The Kings."

"Grey Guardian."

"He became Moon King. He was a large, grey werewolf."

"What's his status?" asked Shun.

"Arrested."

"Mind Guardian."

"He was a powerful telepath. He found The Mad Mask, and it turned him into Dream King. It was his power that turned half The Guardians into The Kings."

"What happened to him?"

"He was killed in the fight," answered Rebecca.

"By the Ruby Guardian?"

"Yes, but at that point, he was calling himself Ring King."

"What were his powers?"

"He had a magic ring with a large ruby called The Red Eye. It held a powerful jinn."

"A jinn," said Shun, like he didn't know what it was.

"A genie," Rebecca clarified. "It was actually the jinn that killed Dream King."

"How's that?"

"When Ring King released the jinn, it screamed like it was in pain. Then he roared that he couldn't be slave to two masters, and killed Dream King. When he went back into The Red Eye, he took The Mad Mask with him."

"And where's Ring King now?" asked Shun.

"We're honestly not sure," she said. "In the chaos after the fight, he disappeared, and hasn't been seen since."

"Night Guardian."

"His powers were weird," said Hendrix. "Something mystical, but it gave him the power to summon weird monsters. Mostly that giant tarantula; it's why he was known as Spider Rider. When he turned, he became Spider King."

"And what happened to him?"

"Iron Guardian wound up smashing his spider, and he went insane; just kind of collapsed in on himself. He's in an asylum now. Could have been worse: if he'd released his monsters into the world instead, there's no telling what would have happened."

"Sea Guardian."

"He became Sea King. It was him that killed American Guardian with his Sea Spear, which was actually Neptune's Trident."

"He said that?" Shun asked in disbelief.

"Atlantis said that," she answered. "He was already a wanted felon there for stealing the trident. When he declared himself Sea King, they called him a seditionist, and put a price on his head."

"What's his status?"

"He's going by White Shark now, and is at large somewhere in the oceans."

"Wind Guardian."

"He had wings that allowed him to fly, and he had control over winds. Became the Hawk King. Claimed he was one of The Flying Africans."

"You didn't believe him?" Shun asked.

"We've never known any of The Flying Africans to have wings." She shrugged, and added, "I suppose it's possible that he was mutated somehow."

"Silver Guardian."

"He's one of the few good Cyborgorillas, but he became Silver King," said Rebecca.

Vic held up a finger, and said, "So, 'Silver' from 'Silverbacks' then?"

"Yes."

"What's his status?"

"He was already hated by the Cyborgorillas, but when he called himself Silver King, Mechanape felt threatened, and hunted him down." She shook her head tightly, and said, "He's dead."

"Star Guardian."

"He's tremendously powerful, claiming his energy powers came from the heart of a star. He became Sun King."

"His status?"

"Arrested," she said.

"Time Guardian."

"Time powers, of course. He could time travel, and control the flow of time- speeding it up, or slowing it down. He became Time King."

"What happened to him?" asked the prosecutor.

"We're not sure. As far as we can tell, he disappeared into the timestream. We've contacted Time Phantom to try to find him."

"Anything?"

Rebecca shook her head. "Nothing yet. Some people think he is Time Phantom." She shrugged. "I think Wartime is more obvious, but then why would he have been on The Guardians?" Shaking her head again, she said, "Time Phantom has said publicly that he caused a lot of divergent timelines when he was using drugs, and his wife caused even more. So, maybe Time King is an alternate timeline version of Time Phantom... or of Wartime... or maybe someone else altogether."

"Iron Guardian."

Rebecca's mouth went tight, and she took a deep breath. Then she said, "He has a tech-filled armor that gives him great strength, and has a variety of weapons. He actually fought against The Kings with us, and then joined The Fraternity of Heroes, changing his name to Iron Eagle. Looking back, he didn't do much to help defeat them."

"What happened?"

"Dream King played us. Just like Dragon Guardian planted himself on The Kings, Dream King planted Iron Guardian with us in case things went south. He used the fight to get in good with The Fraternity, but later revealed himself as Iron King, and betrayed them to a killer Dream King had contracted from the start. A guy called The Paper Tiger."

"And what happened to Iron King?"

Rebecca scoffed. "The Paper Tiger only used him to get to The Fraternity. Then he killed him. Security footage from their headquarters showed his sword slicing through Iron King's armor like it wasn't even there."

"Did he kill all of The Fraternity of Heroes?" asked Vic.

"Mister Shun," said Judge Ship. "We're going to take a recess, and we'll get into The Fraternity when we come back." Rapping his gavel one time, he declared, "We are adjourned for a short recess, and we will resume in twenty minutes' time."

Recess:

A Marshall Seal from WITSEC met Vic and Rebecca as they were filing out with everyone else, and whisked her away despite both of their protests. He took her through an empty office deeper in the federal building, and into a glass-walled conference room completely shuttered by dark bamboo blinds with four inch slats. Waiting for them with his hands behind his back was a tall, imposing man with a bald head and thick mustache, wearing an impeccable suit.

Hendrix tried to hide it, but Solomon did not miss her surprise. She recognizes him, he thought. The man nodded at the marshal, and Seal said, "I'll be just outside," before stepping out, and closing the door behind him.

With the marshal gone, Rebecca let her surprise show. "Heironymous?"

Bringing his hands around in front of him, he held up a dark green mask that somewhat resembled a Chinese dragon's head. Smiling, he asked, "You want this back?"

She moved up to him quickly, and shoved his hand towards his chest. "Put that away!" she scolded. "They're still looking for you! You want to get arrested?"

"Hm," he chuckled as he slid the mask inside his suit jacket. "I'd like to see them try." Becoming serious, he said, "I just wanted to thank you for keeping my secret."

She shrugged. "I told you I would."

"You're done as a deputy?" he asked.

"Very likely," she said simply.

Handing her a business card, he said, "I might have something else for you if you're interested."

She glanced at the card, then held it up in disbelief. "Who uses business cards anymore? You're showing your age, Heironymous."

He smirked. "Smartalec. Solomon will take you back. See me after the trial."

Flipping the card against her other hand a couple of times, she smiled, stuck it in her pocket, and said, "Will do." She gave him a brief hug, and a kiss on the cheek. "It's good to see you, you old dragon."

"Likewise," he said with a smile.

Exiting the conference room, she looked at Marshal Seal, who was standing just outside the door. She looked at him very curiously, and said, "You know who he is, don't you?"

Solomon just raised his eyebrows for a moment, then headed for the door. "If you're interesed, we've got enough time to get something from a vending machine," he said without looking back.

Notes: I actually have time to spare this round, so I'm going to list my OC's all nice and neat like I do on my forum reposts:

OC Names:

Characters:

• see below for:
  • The Guardians
  • The Kings

Characters:

• The Guardians
  • American Guardian
  • .Heironymous. (Dragon Guardian; Dragon King)
  • .Rebecca Hendrix. (Investigator; Deputy; Fire Guardian; Rebecca Strong)

Characters:

• The Kings
  • Dream King (Mind Guardian)
  • Green King (Earth Guardian)
  • Hawk King (Wind Guardian)
  • Iron King (Iron Guardian; Iron Eagle)
  • Moon King (Grey Guardian)
  • Ring King (Ruby Guardian)
  • Silver King (Silver Guardian)
  • Spider King (Night Guardian; Spider Rider)
  • Sun King (Star Guardian)
  • Time King (Time Guardian)
  • White Shark (Sea King; Sea Guardian)

Concepts:

• Dragon Men

Creatures:

• Spider King's giant tarantula (unnamed)

Locations:

• The City of Dragons (doubtfully identified by Vic as "Kingdom of the Dragons")

Objects:

• .Baagh Nakh. (Tiger Claw) [Paper Tiger's sword, unnamed in this story]
  • The Dragon Mask
  • The Mad Mask
  • The Power Flower
  • The Red Eye
  • The Sea Spear (Neptune's Trident)

Teams:

Public Domain:

• Atlantis
  • The Flying Africans
Non-Fiction used in this fic:
Story and characters owned by Chris Bishop, copyright 2022.

See you on the voting thread! :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By cbishop

13 hours to go peeps! Get your entries in! I'm looking forward to reading your stories! :^)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

5 hours 'til deadline, if you are submitting an entry. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And that's time. Voting thread up in a minute. :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: This one's done. It can be unpinned, please and thank you. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers