Character concept: Manslayer

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I had the idea for this character a while back, and I felt like sharing. This is meant to make him sound like a real phenomenon, but in the story I’m planning he’ll be a shadowy super assassin hunting down the main character.

The Manslayer, as he's come to be called, started as an internet rumor. It's unclear who or what he is. If any of the stories are true, he's possibly the most dangerous man on Earth. He could be a soldier following orders or the one calling the shots. He could be good or evil, one or many, or nothing at all. No one knows the Manslayer's true race, gender, or identity. Some claim he's not even human, that he's a time traveling android, or that he was bio-engineered by the government to carry out impossible missions. The most popular representation of the Manslayer is a super assassin serving the US government. They say the Manslayer shot Kennedy, the Manslayer killed Bin Laden, and the Manslayer played a part in every cover up, inside job, conspiracy, and every assassination.

Even though he's supposedly appeared throughout history, the Manslayer conspiracy has only existed since 2004 and very little is known. Most who try to find out more mysteriously disappear, or die in horrible accidents, which makes most wonder if there is any truth to the Manslayer conspiracy. If anyone ever finds proof of the Manslayer, it's likely they won't live to tell of it.

PS: If I had to give this character a theme song, this would be it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aZmmgkQCd28&feature=player_detailpage&list=PL1YP0zRe94jdnlCdKDGPY799lK3Jhckco

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 1107

Okay, so he's the best he is at what he does. Now can you make a story out of it? ;)

Avatar image for deactivated-627010180bd2d
deactivated-627010180bd2d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@cbishop: I'm debating on just what to make him. He could be a very talented and well trained human or some sort of supersoldier. Should he push the limits of being human or exceed them? I'm really not sure how to use this character yet but he's going to play a role in one of my stories somehow.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@racob7: Work with both ideas - you might find you have 2 similar characters.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@racob7: Well trained peak human would be better if you are grounding the story in realism but if not make him follow the super soldier concept. For an interesting way to write it check out Marvel Mayhem Scourge. In that the titular character doesn't (and to my knowledge still hasn't) appeared yet. It would definitely work for a few issues if you have people following the trail rather then the man/woman/robot/laser tiger (delete as appropriate) appear off the bat, it lends itself to the conspiracy that way.

Now for the shameless advertising. @bishop: Have you checked out the syndicate yet?

I'm sorry... :-)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By cbishop

@racob7: To clarify, since I was typing quickly from work earlier, what I'm suggesting is if you have more than one idea for this, explore them both. You may find that you have stories in mind for both a peak human guy, and a super-soldier guy. Right off the top of my head, it might be cool if your peak human was looking for/ trying to stop the super soldier - that fits the tradition of the badguy being more powerful than the goodguy (and therefore more of a challenge). It could be interesting to flip-flop it, and have the super soldier frustrated by the fact that a peak human keeps giving him the slip.

The rumors being that he has appeared across history, maybe Manslayer is an immortal, or maybe he's a generational lineage (like the Phantom, or a title (like the 007 designation), or a group (like the Scourge that ImpurestCheese mentioned).

Not telling you how to write it - just brainstorming for my own enjoyment. If you like any of those ideas, and hadn't thought of them already, feel free to use them. If not <shrugs> I had fun. ;)

@impurestcheese: Dude - way to hijack a thread. I saw the list you made, and that was it. PM me with any more. ;D

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@cbishop: Anything to keep people away from my true identity... dum dum dum