Bookman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Bookman

Center

Disclaimer: I do not own Death Note. If I did, L would’ve won, in the magna, and the anime. This takes place in a world where L won. It explains how he won, and how he feels after. Please review.

L licked his tootsie pop. He had to know how many licks it took to get to the center, or else the world will never know. He sighed. There had been no interesting cases ever since the Kira case. L uttered another sigh.

He didn’t want to do what he did, but it was necessary. It was either him, or Light. He remembered the day in full. The day L and the investigation team found a Death Note. The day Kira was brought to justice, and the day Light died.

As soon as Light touched the Death Note, he screamed, but why would he? L was trying to figure it out. First off, it couldn’t have been a paper cut, nor could it have been from touching an infamous object. L pondered what would happen if a human would give up a Death Note. What would stop him from telling the world what he had seen?

Obviously, the shinigami couldn’t let that happen. It left them three choices. One, kill them. Two, intimidate them into not talking. Three, erase their memory. If a person would regain those memories, the brain would be surprised by such an intake of information, explaining Light’s scream.

But Light must’ve done it for a reason, L thought. L came to the conclusion that Light would kill him soon. Very soon. By today, or tomorrow. Of course, the team would not believe him, especially Soguchiro, Light’s father. Thus, desperate things must be done.

"I’ll be taking this with me, for safetaking."

"You can’t!"

"I can. Oh, and the percentage of you being Kira has risen by 30, as you’re afraid this will reveal your identity.

"What!? No! I just think it’ll be safer with me!"

"Light, you are making this too easy. The percentage of you being Kira has risen by 5, as Kira took the law into his own hands, much like you want to do with the Death Note.

Light seemed with anger and glared at him. "Fine!", he screamed, and he stromed out. When he left, Rem appeared besides L.

"I sense your intentions. The one who purses Kira wishes to use the Death Note. Such irony.", she chuckled as L looked at her.

"I must ask you to not speak of this to Light, or the Investigation team."

"Oh, I won’t."

After all, how could Light harm Misa, if he was dead?

L took out a pen, and wrote what would happen.

Light Yagami will reveal tomorrow that he is Kira, and explain why he did those things, his plans from the beginning, how he evaded them, and his plans for the future. Then he will die from a heart attack, like his victims.

At Light’s house, Ryuk chuckled.

"Curse that L," he said as he banged his hand on the desk," and what are you chuckling about?"

"Oh, nothing."

The next day, it happened as planned.

Light did that evil laugh of his, and everyone looked at him.

"What is so funny, Light?", L asked, but he knew what it was.

" Only L suspected that I was Kira, and you know what, he was right!" He laughed aome more.

"Son, I hope this is some sick joke.", he said his voice filled with sadness and fear.

"Oh, it’s not, Dad. This world was, and is, rotten, and I was, and am, the only one who could cleanse it!"

Light then explained his story, as everyone looked, horrified, even L, despite knowing already. Everyone cried, especially Light’s father. When he finished, he looked horrified himself.

"Why? Why did I reveal that? Who could’ve done this!?"

"Me, Light. I knew you were Kira, and I knew you were to kill me soon. I acted first, made you reveal the evidence suggesting that you were Kira. I won, Light. If only you gave up this crusade, the case would be closed, and we would keep in touch. But, that wasn’t the case."

Sochiro turned around and looked at him. "Then you must have made him say this, made up these lies!"

"Please, Sogchiro, do not let your emotions get in the way. It all comes together in the end." He turned around to Light, pointed a finger gun at him, and said one word. "Bang.

Light's eyes bulged, as he had his heart attack, but Rem and Ryuk appeared, with Rem erasing the words, and Ryuk bringing out his Death Note.

"Yes, Ryuk! Kill them!" Light screamed.

But Ryuk only put his head down and sighed. "I told you, Light, that I would be the one who would write your name into the Death Note."

"No!"

Then, Light died, and the Kira case closed. But none felt good about it. When everyone but L and Ryuk left, Ryuk asked him something.

Ryuk: You have already used the Death Note once, use it any more, then I would write your name into the Death Note too, or erase your memories of it, or you could end up in Mu, nothingness. But think of the good you could do with the Death Note. Think how intresting it would be. So, do you want it?

L turned around and stared at Ryuk. "No. I will not be corrupted like Light."

Ryuk sighed. "You’re so boring."

Ryuk flew away, leaving L alone.

That case was the center of his life, his ideal case, and the toughest. It seemed like life was quite empty. It was 252 licks to get to the center, though it could be different for others, depending on how they licked. He threw the wrapper away as Watari burst into the room.

"What is the rush, Watari?"

"I'm sorry sir, There’s a new Kira! Criminals and those who try to stop Kira die of heart attacks."

L sat still for a moment, and then smiled. Another game of cat and mouse has begun. His life had found another center.