Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#1  Edited By batkevin74
No Caption Provided

“It’s the car, right? Chicks love the car.” Batman

“I live my life a quarter-mile at a time.” Dominic Toretto

“Come for a little ride in my love machine, babies!” Dick Grayson

“Everybody can relax I’ve found the car. It needs some suspension work and shocks, brakes, brake pads, lining, steering box, transmission, rear end.” Dr Ray Stanz

Batman, Knight Rider, The Scooby Gang, James Bond, Doc Brown, The A-Team, Magnum P.I, Spider-Man, The Pope! All have cool cars. A vehicle almost synonymous with that person and instantly recognisable.

Your task is to create a new original hero who has a car (van, truck, bus, lorry also acceptable but NO motorbikes, jetskis or helicopters etc unless the vehicle transforms/morphs/becomes said other type of vehicle)

No Caption Provided

The contest starts TODAY and runs for 20 days (so ends 20/1/2020 at 11.59pm) as we are in the 2020’s now (how did that happen?) with 5 days to vote for a winner. We operate on an Australian timetable as is my right as the winner of the previous contest, a box with time zones will be put up so you know how much time you have.

Atomic batteries to power! Turbines for speed! Start your engines!

No Caption Provided

Ready. Set! Write!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@nordok: Will you pin this and unpin the CCC 93 Voting Thread please? Thanks. -cb

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

20 days?! You busy this month? I mean, how long do you and I need to write stories? lol <sarcasm font> lol ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: You and I, fifteen minutes of pushed. But here’s to trying to rope, wrangle, cajole and entice some new and old writers back to the contest

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

I shall do my best, sirs.

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Interesting.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tripoli, Libya

"Fm biswat eal!" roared Jarad Almawt or Locust of Death as the American press called him. The man in the black unitard, red turban and humming power gauntlets was furious at the arrival of his nemesis; Loud Mouth, who crashed through the roof of the dockyard.

"That's my name Locust," Loud Mouth looked up from his superhero landing at the bad guy who in a different live could've been Arabic Tom Cruise. "Don't wear it out."

"Qutil hdha alkhinzir al'abyad!" Locust pointed and his entourage of similarly dressed goons and henchmen rushed the hero in silver and blue.

"English please," Loud Mouth replied as he launched into the fray flinging feet and fists. "It's a global language, but I do like how you say orange in Arabic...alburtuqaliu!"

Loud Mouth was drastically outnumbered, and while he was fast they were getting in hits which slowed him down which meant more hits. Loud Mouth looked at Locust and smiled. "You coming to play...'ant qadim lileb?"

Locust spat on the ground and walked away, not what Loud Mouth had intended. Two men grabbed his arms as another grabbed him from behind. Another punched him straight in the jaw.

"Felicity!" Loud Mouth spoke aloud as his lips swelled.

A voice crackled in his ears. "Yes LM?"

"Bring The Noise."

"On it!" Thousands of kilometres away from the safety of a desk in New York, Felicity Moonpiper, typed upon her keyboard. She served as Loud Mouth's support team and was his eyes and ears, and definitely brains, as he did his hero thing. He wasn't as well known as Gunship, well who was to be honest, but he was making headway as he took on international terrorists across the globe.

"The Noise is deployed and will be there in two."

Loud Mouth ducked another face shot and twisted out of the arm grip but that bugger behind him wasn't letting him go and more goons piled on. "Might not have two!"

"It's being dropped from the droneship, LM. I can't make it go any faster."

Loud Mouth grunted a reply as he fought the sea of limbs engulfing him. He dropped to his knees, went into a ball and wrapped his hands over his head. The goons began a game of violent soccer with him.

"FELICITY!"

"Thirty seconds, LM."

Those were the longest thirty seconds of Loud Mouth's life. And the thirty first was the best sounding sound in the world. The far wall of the building exploded as a sleeked black car slid in through the massive fireball. It was The Noise! A customised, nuclear powered battle vehicle that he and Felicity had put together. The car could take a Helfire missile at close range due to being made of a metal resin similar to ultimonium that Professor Ian Woolf had discovered. Loud Mouth smiled as he cracked his back molar that released a chemical called Molducrene, a shapeshifting serum which was essential. Loud Mouth jammed his fingers INTO his ears, all the way to wrist because The Noise screeched to a halt. The black beast let out a massive blast of sound of 175 decibels, which is just quieter that a space rocket being launched. The goons screamed as eardrums burst! Sound is one thing that effects nearly everyone and they all react the same; they collapse, cover their ears like kids and scream.

Loud Mouth stood up and pulled his hands out of his head and shook it back to normality. "God I love this car!"

"Did you say you loved me?" Felicity asked but her question wasn't heard due to Loud Mouth's rearranging of his auditory canals with Molducrene.

Loud Mouth slid over the hood of The Noise and got inside. He pushed some buttons, flipped some switches and gripped the wall. The Noise roared to life. A heads up display showed a holographic image of the Locust of Death along with a tracking blip.

"Loud Mouth?" Felicity asked again, this time her image popping on the heads up display.

"Thanks Felicity, I'm in The Noise now," Loud Mouth replied as he wriggled his jaw back into place. "Locust is heading to..."

"The airport in Qasr bin Ghashir, twenty four kilometres south," Felicity interrupted. "I've loaded traffic plans, road rules and other local info into The Noise. At your current speed, you should catch up to the Locust in ten...nine..."

Loud Mouth saw the lime green Lamborghini speeding up ahead. He clicked a sequence and armed a barrage of glue nail bombs when the door of the Lamborghini shot open and Locust stood up. He aimed his powered gauntlet at The Noise.

"Move!" Felicity yelled.

"MOVING!" Loud Mouth replied as The Noise zigzagged across the highway to prevent a clear shot. Locust fired a massive burst of plasma that exploded nearby.

"Switching to shatter!" Loud Mouth stated as he hit another sequence. A long barreled cannon popped up from the hood. Locust fired again and The Noise easily maneuvered around it. The cannon hummed and fired back a burst of concentrated sound that exploded all the glass on the fleeing sports car. Locust was thrown from the vehicle. Loud Mouth watched as the terrorist hit the road with a thud and bounced to a sickening stop. The Noise skidded to a stop right beside the prone villain. Loud Mouth cautiously got out and checked on Locust, he was in a bad way. His movie star looks were a streak on the bitumen.

"I...will..."

"Dude, just stop!" Loud Mouth said. "Felicity could yo..."

"Paramedics are on route, Panopticons have been alerted."

"Thanks," he smiled. "Don't die on me, you hear. Good bad guys are hard to find."

Loud Mouth waited until he could see the flashing lights of the police and emergency services approach before getting back into The Noise. He patted the dashboard. "Good girl"

"Are you talking to the car again?" Felicity asked. Loud Mouth clicked off her image quickly before putting the pedal to the metal.

The End

-Notes-

This is set inside my Crank universe.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I gotta be honest: at the moment, I got nothin' for this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By cbishop

@batkevin74: Crud, I keep forgetting you're so far ahead of US Eastern time. Guess you win by default, eh?

Edit: It's official. Congratulations @batkevin74. Bring us another.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Hooray (half heartedly) for me! That’s disappointing, oh well let’s rack’em up and go again!