CCC #90 - Crafting A Crossover

#1 Posted by Oscuro (1221 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone loves a good crossover (good being the operative word) and with that in mind, I give you the next character creation contest. Create an original adversary for a crossover between two characters. You can create a hero for two villains, a villain for two heroes or anything in between. Anything goes. The deadline is Sunday, September 22nd at 11:59 pm EST. Happy writing.

#2 Posted by cbishop (15750 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool! @nordok: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 89 Voting Thread? Thanks.

#3 Posted by TommytheHitman (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

Cool idea. I have a plan for two characters who hopefully haven’t met before,

#4 Posted by Oscuro (1221 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone is thinking of crossing over Tintin and Judge Dredd, well don’t! I tried and it doesn’t work :)

#6 Posted by TommytheHitman (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

If anyone is thinking of crossing over Tintin and Judge Dredd, well don’t! I tried and it doesn’t work :)

Love it.

I was thinking of doing something with Dredd.

I tried Adam Strange and Darth Vader but couldn't quite get it to fit.

#7 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio
#8 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio
#10 Posted by RichGenX (988 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm, I think my one contest was similar to this. Not sure if I can get something together in time though.

#12 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio

Feck!

Trying to write in split screen works, but it won't work here on the post grrrrrrr

#13 Posted by cbishop (15750 posts) - - Show Bio
@richgenx said:

Hmm, I think my one contest was similar to this. Not sure if I can get something together in time though.

It was, but we've repeated themes before. It's all good.

#14 Posted by cbishop (15750 posts) - - Show Bio
No Caption Provided

I don't have a story for this, but I'd read this crossover. lol

#15 Posted by TommytheHitman (6942 posts) - - Show Bio

Posting mine soon.

#16 Edited by cbishop (15750 posts) - - Show Bio

Wild Dog and The Punisher: Doubling Down! The Return and Retreat of Killer Bea

Inspired by this Super-Team Family cover, by Ross.
Inspired by this Super-Team Family cover, by Ross.

Sitting together in the red truck, the man in the hockey mask and jersey asked the man with the skull on his shirt, "Tell me again how we got this?"

Loading bullets into his clip, the man with the skull on his shirt answered, "The Legonzas recently lost their boy, Joey - a trafficker of girls, and general scumbag.* The Carmontis recently lost their capo, courtesy of yours truly. Now--"

"--Wait a minute! You killed Carmonti? That's my girl's father, man!"

The man looked up from his gun. "You care?"

No Caption Provided

The other tsked from behind his mask. "Nah, man. She's gone, thanks to jerks after that douchebag. Him and everyone like him can go straight to hell for all I care. Just surprised is all, Frank."

"It's Punisher, Wild Dog. At least while we're doing this."

Wild Dog scoffed. "Sure. Whatever."

Frank nodded towards the clubhouse of the White Pines Country Club. "Anyway, sending everyone like him to hell is exactly why we're here. This wedding is meant to cement their families together. I don't plan to let that happen. Time to crash the party."

Wild Dog popped the clip into his machine pistol, and checked his nine millimeter. "I'm all about that."

"Let's go," said Frank, and they both got out of the truck and headed for the clubhouse.

They had barely gone twenty yards when security noticed them coming. Frank shot one, Wild Dog shot another, and then the Punisher lobbed a grenade straight for the clubhouse. It landed five feet from one of the floor-to-ceiling windows near the main ballroom. It both fragged the security in range, and blew them an entryway through the glass and brick.

The clubhouse was thrown into a panic. While most scrambled for other exits besides the one made by the grenade, surviving security started trying to find positions to fire from. Punisher and Wild Dog were taking them out pretty easily- adrenaline giving them laser-like focus.

Until they heard a woman from inside scream, "Hold your fire! Those motherfuggers are MINE!" As the firing died down, a woman in a form fitting, black-and-yellow striped dress stepped out of the gunsmoke, and through the gaping hole in the wall.

Wild Dog stopped short, and threw his mask off to get a better look. "No way! Beatrix?! Is that you?"

"What the--? Rene? What the fug are you doing here?" she said.

"You two need a minute?" Punisher asked with a growl.

"Oh, sh!t!" Beatrix said when she saw the Punisher. She dived behind a huge cement planter for cover.

Rene looked at him and shrugged, "Hey, man, look at her. Back in the day, we had a thing, y'know?"

Punisher scowled. "Jack Wheeler must be turning over in his grave."

"Hey. Fug you, man," Rene said, pulling his mask back down. "Not everyone hates their past, ass."

Without another word, they stalked forward as one.

"Castle! I've had about enough of you," shouted Beatrix. "You're making me look bad!"

"Killer Bea," said Frank. "It's not me. It's that dress. You really got married in that?"

"I'm the maid of honor!" she shouted, firing a few shots from behind the planter.

"Demoted from bodyguard, then?" Frank called, provoking her.

Killer Bea screamed, then shouted, "Kiss" blam "my" blam "black" blam "and yellow" blam "ass" blam "bitch!" klik

"Damn, Bea!" called Wild Dog. "Sounds like the only thing you're shootin' off now is your mouth!"

A nine millimeter came spinning through the air from the middle of the topiary in the planter. "You're still an ass!" she screamed as she ran low behind the patio wall, heading for the parking lot.

"Say hi to your sister for me!" Wild Dog called back.

"You mother..." Bea trailed off as she got further away.

Wild Dog looked back at Frank, who was still scowling. He shrugged. "I make no apologies, man. She was fun."

Frank said nothing.

"So was her sister."

Cocking his head towards the ballroom, Frank seethed, "Can we get back to this now?"

Wild Dog snickered, refreshing his clip. "Sure, man. Hey! Jagoffs! You know she bailed on you, right?" A few shots rang out towards them. "Yeah, I think they know."

They moved in towards the patio as they started to take out shooters again. Finally, Frank smiled.

#17 Posted by batkevin74 (15451 posts) - - Show Bio

London

The Continental

MI6 HQ

John Wick sat at the bar; his hands nursing a glass of neat Scotch. Footsteps approached and the stool next to him was occupied.

“Hello, Mr Wick.”

“Hello, Angus,” John raised his glass to the owner of the London Branch. “Is everything okay?”

“Perfectly,” Angus replied as he beckoned for a drink. “There’s a young lady in the general bar who has a business proposition for you. Are you available?”

“Well, I’ll send her in.” Angus took his drink glass and limped away. John finished his drink and tapped the lip for another.

“Mr Wick,” the voice was female; almost like silk. “My name is Kadence Stakanski.”

“Stakan… Glass in Russian,” John noted.

“What do you want?”

“I need you to kill my father,” she said directly as she slid over two gold coins cross the bar. “Is this enough?”

John looked at the coins and shook his head. “Tell me about him, your father.”

James Bond sat himself on the desk and smiled.

“You’re late,” Moneypenny said as she jabbed him in the ribs with a pen.

“Now that you’ve poked me…” James said cheekily.

“James!” Moneypenny blushed. “She’s with Q at the moment but you can go in.”

James leant in and hovered, not whispering in her ear nor kissing her cheek. “You. Are a wonder,” he whispered before exiting into M’s office leaving Moneypenny to watch him and undress him with her eyes.

M glowered at her favourite and also least favourite Double 0 agent as she listened to the Quartermaster’s report. Bond calmly waited at the back of the room until she was ready.

“Sit!” M snapped like she was talking to a dog.

James obediently sat next to Q. “Good mor-”

M held up her hand and shuffled forward in her chair. “You are this close to being a crossing guard! You have used up all your lives, James!”

“What did you do now, Double Oh Seven?” asked Q curiously.

“My job,” James said confidently.

“Really?” M stated. “This is your new assignment…”

Island of Imbros, Aegean Sea

Dr Mikhail Stakanski, head of SPECTRE’s bio-weapons division, monitored the lab as a dozen hermetically sealed assistants moved chemicals about the enclosed room. Next to him stood a large African man in a fine suit; Nkrumah Abioye, who was in charge of the laboratory site. Beside them stood the towering figure of Jaws; a beast of a man in a dinner suit with metallic teeth and mandible, and shadowing all of them was a man dressed in black body armour. On a monitor on the wall was the torso of Ernst Stavro Blofeld, head of the terror organisation, with his white Persian cat sitting calmly in his arms.

“Rage mist…” Blofeld commented sceptically from afar.

“I could explain the chemical compositions but essentially yes,” Stakanski said. “The toxin is absorbed via the skin or airways which affects the brain sending those exposed to into a heightened state, usually anger.”

“Does it mix with alcohol?” Blofeld asked. “We are going to spray this over a stadium full of inebriated football hooligans.”

“From the trials I’ve conducted, yes. It actually enhances it in some cases.”

“Then I shall leave this in your capable hands, Nkrumah,” Blofeld said before winking out.

“Excellent!” Nkrumah said. “Are you and your team ready, Captain Tamno?”

The man in black stepped forward and gave a chest salute with a bow. “Yes sir. I await your orders.”

“Once Dr Stakanski has finalised putting the chemicals into the barrels, you will be heading to your target.” Nkrumah smiled

--

John Wick sat down in first class, noting that it was virtually empty asides from the man in the grey pinstripe suit sitting across from him. James Bond noted the new passenger in black as he sipped his bottle of Heineken. The assassin and the secret agent gave each other the once over before their attention was diverted by the pair of extremely attractive stewardesses giving the safety demonstration.

-This is your captain speaking. We’ll be taking off shortly. According to the tower, we might catch a tailwind as we get over the Alps, but I’ll keep you informed once we are airborne. So, please relax and enjoy the flight-

-

“Martini, shaken not stirred,” said the stewardess as she placed it beside John.

“Oh, I didn’t order this,” John said with polite reluctance.

“I did!” James interrupted as he crossed the cabin. “Bond. James Bond.”

“John Wick.” The handshake between them spoke volumes. “Thank you, James. Cheers.”

The agent and the assassin drank to each other and soon they were alone in first class.

“Business or pleasure in Greece?” James asked as he wandered to the highbacked chairs located at the front of the plane.

“Business. Always business.” John said. “You?”

“Hopefully both,” James smiled. “What do you do?”

“Hotel management,” John replied as he placed the martini away from him. “You?”

“Universal Exports, part of Transworld Consortium. Import, export.”

The pair paused to absorb the others lies when the stewardess approached them. “Anything else gentlemen?”

James smiled like the Devil.

--

(And this it where it ended…honestly in my mind it’s an epic but it just couldn’t make the journey from brain to fingers to paper in time due to a combination of life and laziness! So the outline went like this:

The plane is shot out of the sky forcing our heroes to escape; Wick leaps out whilst Bond safely crash lands the plane. Both land on the island. Cut to bad guys explaining why and it was simply an overzealous SPECTRE employee who gets brutally killed by Captain Tamno.

Each invade the complex moving through until they meet each other in the corridor, exchange witty remarks but are surrounded. Wick says he could take them, but Bond disagrees. Plan is revealed to them, and then they are taken away to be tortured. They escape and manage to get onto a plane full of rage mist to attempt to prevent the attack, there are four. They subdue the first crew easily.

Wick grabs a sniper rifle and kills the kills the pilot and co-pilot of another plane. Bond then dumps the rage mist onto the 3rd plane causing them to crash leaving on last plane. Wick leaps out with a chute to invade the other plane, Bond goes follow suit but has to fight Tamno in the bomb bay in dramatic fashion.

Wick invades the other plane, kills everyone and confronts Nkrumah. He tries to recruit John but he says he only does one job at a time. Fights, blood, and in the end our heroes parachute to safety. SPECTRE is defeated. Epilogue, Dr Stakanski raises a glass of champagne with his daughter when suddenly a butterknife comes out his skull; John Wick has stabbed him through the head. He glares at Kadence. “Start talking 0013…” he spits at her.

That’s how it would’ve gone…it didn’t. It’s a half-done story with an explanation. Hopefully enjoyable

Original characters were: Captain Tanmo, Nkrumah Ayobe, Dr Mikhail Stakanski and his daughter Kadence.

#18 Posted by cbishop (15750 posts) - - Show Bio

@batkevin74: You've got about 23 hours left, if you have more to add. ;)