CCC #82 - Voting Thread

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Edited By cbishop

Hey, all! It was Batkevin74's turn to pick the theme this time, and he delegated the pick to his daughter, Emma! So, Emma wanted a dragon married to a monkey named Swingy-Dingy, and for them to have adventures with fairies and stuff. We got a few interesting entries, and now it's time to vote on them. To recap, the rules were:

• There’s a monkey called Swingy-Dingy who’s the main character
  • Swingy-Dingy either marries or is married to a dragon
  • There’s an adventure

The voting rules:

• READ the stories, PICK your favorite one, and CAST your VOTE!
  • If you wrote, you should vote! (It's just sporting)
  • No voting for yourself. (Also sporting)
  • Batkevin's vote is actually going to come from Emma, after he reads her the stories.
  • This vote is going to be two weeks, ending this on Valentine's Day. The deadline is Thursday, February 14, 2019 @11:59pm New York time. (click the link if you're unsure)
  • Remember: All are welcome to vote, and the winner gets to pick the next contest.

The stories:

Stumpy49er - Swing Dingy and the Dragons of Mount Ploom

Swing Dingy and the Dragons of Mount Ploom

Swingy Dingy, the cutest, pink monkey girl in the land of Auria floated on her favorite flower cloud, which she named Beddy.

"Fly higher, Beddy." Swingy Dingy yelled. "I want to see the peaks of Mount Ploom."

"Higher still?" Beddy asked nervously.

"Yes, nervous Nelly. Go Higher!" she yelled louder.

Beddy flew up towards the gargantuan, floral mountain which floated in the sky and bloomed multiple colors.

Sapphire butterflies flew through the air, while jade grasshoppers jumped to greet them. A mountainous elk troll walked upside down under the mountain, waving to the newcomers.

Swingy Dingy waved back.

"It's so beautiful here." she said. "Everyone is so nice."

Just then, a gorgeous, blonde dragon woman flew by her so closely, the updraft made Beddy sway, knocking Swingy Dingy off.

"Oh no!" she screamed as she fell through the air.

"Oh my, what did I do this time. So clumsy." the dragon said to herself.

"It's okay, mom." A young voice said from behind her. "I'm on it."

A young dragon boy of teal scale flew down towards the plummeting monkey girl.

Swingy DIngy felt more excited than scared as she fell. She planned on grabbing some tree vines on her way down and swinging her way out of this predicament.

She looked up towards Mount Ploom and saw something that made her blush.

A very handsome dragon boy was coming to her rescue.

to be continued...

4donkeyjohnson - (untitled)

Swingy Dingy was a purple monkey who liked to eat bees. one day while bee hunting she saw the mst beautigul thing she'd ever seen. A dragon. It was long gold and spiky and eating bees. She fell instantly in love. swingy dingy approached the dragon carefuly and said hullo.

Hello the dragomn replied. swingy dingys heart wnet a flutter as did the dragon as he looked at her. it was love at first dight foir him also

do you like bees? the dragon asked

oh yes

And so began a wonderful life of the mokey and the dragon. they got married and lived on a honey farm happily ever after

the end

Batkevin74 - The Tale of Swingy-Dingy

The Tale of Swingy-Dingy

Swingy-Dingy was a unique monkey. She had soft pink fur, purple nails, and a golden tip on the end of her tail. Her eyes were sparkly blue, and she wore a rainbow bow in her hair. She lived in an enchanted jungle in a hidden valley on a mystical island.

Swingy-Dingy lived in a hut made of books that sat in the fork of a giant eucalyptus tree. In the next tree over lived her parents Wingy-Dingy & Lingy-Dingy and in the tree across lived her brother Blingy-Dingy. One tree over, there lived her cousin Mingy-Dingy.

One day, Swingy-Dingy went down to the water hole in the middle of the island. When she got there, she saw something she’d never seen before. It was tall, taller than the tallest tree and it was wide, wider than two elephants. It was red, scaly and had wings like a bat on its back.

“What is that?” Swingy-Dingy asked her cousin Mingy-Dingy who swung in beside her to get a drink.

“It might be a lizard?” Mingy-Dingy shrugged. “I like your bow today Swingy-Dingy.”

“Thanks. I like your bracelet.”

Swingy-Dingy watched the big red creature drink and decided she needed to find out who and what it was. Swingy-Dingy bounded over and stood nearby waiting until it had finished drinking.

“Hi!” Swingy-Dingy said cheerfully.

“Um, hola,” the creature replied as a torrent of water dropped off its chin.

“My name is Swingy-Dingy and I’m a monkey. Who are you?”

The big creature sat up, wiped its mouth and smiled. “My name is Ricardo Eduardo Benito

Enrique Logroño. And I, am a dragon.”

“Ricardo Eduardo Benito Enrique Logroño,” Swingy-Dingy repeated. “You have a lovely accent, where are you from?”

“I come from a far away magical place known as Spain. I like your golden tipped tail, us dragons like gold.”

And so Swingy-Dingy and Ricardo chatted the day away and slowly but surely fell in love.

__

“Mum, Dad, this is Ricardo Eduardo Benito Enrique Logroño,” Swingy-Dingy introduced the dragon to her parents. Wingy-Dingy & Lingy-Dingy were a bit surprised to see a giant red creature peering into their house who was gingerly holding their daughter’s hand by one of his talons.

“Nice to meet you,” said Wingy-Dingy waving at the dragon.

“We are going to get married!” Swingy-Dingy said excitedly.

“Hmmm” Lingy-Dingy grunted. “How long have you known this…dragon?”

“All afternoon,” Swingy-Dingy said with a smile.

Wingy-Dingy & Lingy-Dingy looked at each other. “Well if you are going to get married, you have to go on a quest.”

“Quest?” Swingy-Dingy and Ricardo said together.

“You will have to retrieve three things,” Lingy-Dingy told them. “Flowers from the top of Mount Smelly for the ceremony. A gold nugget from the bottom of the Bottomless Pit to make a ring. And the invisible music from…”

“Your father is just joking,” Wingy-Dingy interrupted as she saw the puzzled looks on their faces. “But at the very least you should go on an adventure, get to know each other before you rush off to get married.”

“Phew” exhaled Ricardo, smoke rings shooting out his nose.

Suddenly the sky darkened, like a huge disc had been put in front of the sun. Everyone looked up to see a massive robotic duck hovering in the sky.

“MY NAME IS SANDRA QUACKENBACK! THIS ISLAND IS NOW MINE!” She roared in a huge metallic voice that shook the air.

“What is going on?” Swingy-Dingy shrieked grabbing Ricardo’s talon.

From above came dozens oblong metal balls dropping like rain.

“EGGS!” Wingy-Dingy screamed.

CHOOM! CHOOM! The eggs hit the ground but when one came near a creature, it split open and captured them and shot BACK up to massive metal duck above. Lingy-Dingy shoved his wife out of the way but was taken instead!

“DAD!” Swingy-Dingy shouted and she jumped up to attempt to save him, but Ricardo swung her up onto his back. Then her mum, Wingy-Dingy, was captured.

“MUM!”

“We must go!” Ricardo said and flew zig zaggedly through the metal storm pounding the island. Swingy-Dingy held his scales tight as they flew off to safety.

_

After a few days of evading the eggs, Ricardo and Swingy-Dingy were safe on the far end of the island, hidden in a secret lagoon.

“We’ve got to save my parents,” Swingy-Dingy fretted as she clasped her tail.

“We shall,” Ricardo said. “But how?”

“What do we know about robots?”

Ricardo shrugged. “Not much.”

“I know they’re metal. And metal rusts. We need water.”

“Okay,” said Ricardo. “And then what?”

Swingy-Dingy shrugged. “I don’t know. But I can’t hide here for much longer. How much water can you swallow?”

“Let’s find out,” Ricardo smiled.

_

Lingy-Dingy, Wingy-Dingy, Blingy-Dingy, Mingy-Dingy, and a dozen other Dingy’s along with other creatures all sat in cages inside the belly of the giant robotic duck. They were scared, but relatively safe. Several robotic ducks with laser eyes watched over them.

_

Ricardo flew straight up like a rocket to the face of the giant duck and spat a stream of super-heated water into its face. It bounced off like literally water of a duck’s back, only it was its face.

“It’s not working,” Ricardo panted.

“I have an I idea!” Swingy-Dingy spun her golden tipped tail and tossed it, the tip shattered the eye glass and Swingy-Dingy shot inside the metal beast. Several robotic ducks with laser eyes scrambled to stop her, but she was a monkey on a mission. She flipped and spun and bounced and soon made short work of them.

“Where are my parents?” she yelled at one of the guards. The duck pointed to a large metal door. Swingy-Dingy pushed the door open only to be confronted by…

“Sandra Quackenback?” Swingy-Dingy growled at the duck-woman standing before her. She had sleek white feathers, a red bill, and was holding a stick that pulsed with electricity. “Where are my parents?”

Sandra rolled her eyes. “The last golden tipped monkey. Now I can start the machine.”

“What are you talking about?”

“I need gold for my robots. You monkeys and quite a lot of you magical creatures on this island have gold in or on you. I am going to take the gold, make more robots and then take over the world.”

Swingy-Dingy looked at Sandra. “You’re a nutcase lady!”

“Perhaps,” Sandra smiled. “Now give me that tail!”

Swingy-Dingy dodged the strike from the stick, ducked between Sandra’s legs and scrambled into the hold where all the creatures were. Sandra chased after her swinging her stick.

“Get back here!” screamed Sandra.

Swingy-Dingy danced and jumped about and saw a large red lever that said RELEASE. A plan formed in her head.

“You can catch me!” Swingy-Dingy mocked.

“Grrr!” Sandra yelled.

Swingy-Dingy flipped and pulled the lever, and the whole floor of the robot duck opened, and EVERYONE FELL OUT!

“Oh dear!” Swingy-Dingy shrieked.

“You stupid little pest!” yelped Sandra as she fell towards the ground.

Ricardo saw the robot duck open and became flying in a circle, creating a vortex. The spiral got bigger and he caught all the creatures in the updraft of this giant whirlwind.

“Hooray!” cheered Swingy-Dingy.

Ricardo lowered all the creatures safely to the ground and collapsed in a heap from the effort. Sandra Quackenback dusted herself off and suddenly came face to face with an island full of angry creatures.

“Ah, yes, let me explain,” she cowered.

“Don’t explain,” Swingy-Dingy told her. “Just go. Now!”

Sandra Quackenback gulped, pulled a gun and fired a grappling hook up to the duck. “You win this time, Swingy-Dingy.”

And so, the bad guy flew off in her duck and the island was saved. The whole island cheered and lifted Ricardo and Swingy-Dingy up on their shoulders.

“Will you marry me?” Swingy-Dingy asked Ricardo.

“I will, but how about tomorrow, I’m really tired,” Ricardo laughed.

Remember: Votes due by Thursday, February 14, 2019 @11:59pm New York time. (click the link if you're unsure)

I'm glad you're here. Thanks for reading, thanks for voting, and see you in fourteen days! -cb :^D

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1  Edited By cbishop

Voting Table:

Writer:Votes:
Stumpy49er
  1. SpareHeadOne
  2. batkevin74
  3. cbishop
4donkeyjohnson-
Batkevin74
  1. amazing_webhead
  2. stumpy49er
  3. 4donkeyjohnson
cbishop
  • TommytheHitman (late vote, even tho' I wasn't officially in this one)

I'll add 'em as I see 'em.

Note: I've disqualified my own story intro, because it doesn't meet the requirements- Swingy-Dingy wasn't the main character, wasn't yet married to the dragon, and they didn't get to the adventure. So, that's a little less reading for all of you. ;)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bumpyboo: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 82 contest thread? Thanks, 'Boo. -cb :)

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

My vote: Batkevin74 - The Tale of Swingy-Dingy

SpareHeadOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Stumpy49er gets my vote

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By stumpy49er

@cbishop: I'd prefer you not disqualify your story, as I too didn't get around to SwingyDingy getting married to the dragon. It was in the works but I never got around to finishing it. I think @batkevin74 should decide if our stories count or not, since it's his and his daughters contest.

Just my two cents.

My vote goes to batkevin

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: Nah. I was only going to include it at the last minute, because I didn't want to be out of the contest again, but I never actually intended for that intro piece to be an entry. I just thought it would be a funny segue from the last contest's story to this one. Kind of like the time I wrote the continuation to Batkevin's "Crossbow Man" story- it wasn't official, but it was fun. I appreciate it though. ;)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

So I read them all to Emma, even yours @cbishop and she didn’t really like any of them! Ha ha! Most disappointing.

“Hmmm not too good.”

“That was too short.”

“Where’s the witch?”

“I don’t think I like that.”

Exact comments from a 6yr old! What hurts was the last comment was on mine, cest la vie!

Now I can’t vote for me, cbishop stepped out, which leaves 2.

@stumpy49er gets the vote!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Guessing which is which:

“I don’t think I like that.”

Batkevin's, confirmed by Batkevin'.

“That was too short.”

Had to be 4dj's.

“Where’s the witch?”

I'm guessing this was Stumpy's.

“Hmmm not too good.”

That leaves me. <sigh>

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By cbishop
@cbishop said:

@bumpyboo: Will you please pin this, and unpin the CCC 82 contest thread? Thanks, 'Boo. -cb :)

or @nordok (sorry, had to look up who else Wildvine said to contact). Thanks.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By cbishop

I'm votin' for Stumpy'.

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Nordok  Moderator
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Actually stumpy's was the one Emma said "Hmm not too good." For some reason Emma thought yours needed a witch...I don't know she's six! :)

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Batkevin gets my vote

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: LMAO! That's funny! I'd love to know what her thought process was there. ...I wonder if when you read her "hitched," she thought it was "witch?"

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: She’s a nut and likes what she likes. I was so certain mine would wow her but nope. She listened but in the end it wasn’t for her, none were. Bloody kids :)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

About 37 hours to get your vote in. Hurry, hurry, hurryyyy!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By cbishop

Time is up, and we have a tie. Next vote for either Stumpy49er or Batkevin74 determines our winner.

@nordok, you want to break a tie?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop said:

Time is up, and we have a tie. Next vote for either Stumpy49er or Batkevin74 determines our winner.

@nordok, you want to break a tie?

Or @bumpyboo?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: I'm happy with a tie, we could co-create a topic

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@stumpy49er: I'm happy with a tie, we could co-create a topic

Fine by me. Long as it's good with @cbishop, since he runs the CCC Winners Thread.

I haven't even thought of anything yet for a contest. Let me know your thoughts.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

I’ll give it to Bish.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: lol

@stumpy49er and @batkevin74:

Yeah, I guess if you guys want to co-host the next one, then we're done here. Bring us another!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: I haven't really thought of any ideas. I might just be down for the old school CCC where we post an image and have people make up the story and character behind the image. Let me know if you have anything in mind.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

stumpy49er

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: Sorry, I been busy.

@batkevin74 If it's good with you I'll just post what we got so far? Don't want to keep people waiting.

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 230

#29  Edited By FicOPedia

@nordok: As CCC #83 is up, please unpin this thread. Thanks.