Bruce part 7

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here http://www.comicvine.com/profile/joshmightbe/blog/bruce-part-6/100252/

League prison 1996

Bruce was roused near dawn by two men yanking him to his feet. He looked up to see an angry Ra's al Ghul and a man no older than Bruce named Ubu standing just behind him holding a bamboo cane. As Bruce was dragged out he saw Kirigi and the rest of the prisoners and League members gathered.

Bruce was taken between two pillars and was tied facing the crowd. Ra's stood before him addressing them, "This boy has violated the law of the League. I have made it clear on many occasions that no man may touch my daughters without my permission, nor are you allowed to leave a cell unbidden."

He then turned to Ubu, "30 strikes."

Bruce looked on to see Talia with a bruised cheek and a tear in her eye and then back to Ra's. Kirigi took notice as the two locked eyes. They seemed like lions vying for dominance, the old man then noticed something. It was unseen by the others and it was less than a second but Kirigi knew that for a brief instance Ra's was intimidated by the boy.

Bruce returned to his cell after his wounds were treated. Kirigi knelt down beside him when the guards left and showed him the key to the cell, "He's either going to break you or kill you, I'd prefer neither."

Bruce looked up to speak but Kirigi silenced him, "We leave tonight."

After lights out they crept out of the cell. They managed to make their way to the exit but a half dozen guards stood between them and the door. Kirigi looked to Bruce and knew he wouldn't be able to fight his way out in his condition, "When I start, you run."

Bruce looked angry but understood the situation. Kirigi leapt from the shadows and struck a guard hard sending him crashing through the door. The others attacked but were no match for the old man. Bruce made it out as Kirigi finished them.

The two ran as hard as they could but the League was soon behind them. As they were cornered on a small cliff Kirigi noticed a snow drift a few feet below. He turned to Bruce, "You're going to have to go on alone."

He then shoved Bruce over as he confronted his enemies. Bruce landed in the snow bank and struggled to get back to his feet. He tried to run but his injuries were beginning to ache.

He'd managed to put a few miles between himself and the league prison but his wounds were too severe. As he fell in the snow several League members arrived behind him. As he faded out he noticed a man who looked as if he'd just come out of a war walking over the hill.

He looked down on the bloody boy and the assassins coming in to finish him off. The man gave a sigh and stepped between Bruce and his pursuers, "Emoh yawa ylf"

The League members were stunned as they lifted off the ground and shot through the sky to the League prison.

The man the leaned down to Bruce, "Let's get you away from here."

Bruce awoke in a soft bed with fresh bandages. A girl who had been nodding off in a chair noticed him sitting up and ran into the other room. The man who'd rescued him entered a moment later, "I'm pleased to see you moving around."

Bruce looked puzzled by the man wearing an old fashioned tuxedo with tails and a top hat. The man noticed, "Ahh, there wasn't time for proper introduction. I am Giovanni Zatara, master magician and escape artist extraordinaire. Friends call me John. The girl is my daughter, Zatanna. And you?"

"Bruce Wayne, and thank you for your help."

Zatara nodded, "The name rings a bell. What exactly was teenage billionaire doing in the mountains with assassins on his trail?"

"They were holding me for several months, I escaped. What was a magician doing up there?"

Zatara grinned, "Long story."

Zatanna then opened the curtains revealing that they were apparently in India thousands of miles away from the mountains. He looked to Zatara, "How the hell did we get here?"

Zatara chuckled, "Magic."

(To be continued.)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@joshmightbe:

I need to read this from the start. I think I read the first few, but its been a long while.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@wildvine: Yea, I've been away from fan fics for quite a while.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@joshmightbe: welcome back, nice to see Zatanna, not to mention Ras doing what he does best (which is glowering and not dying)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268