Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 13

Edited By joshmightbe

Continued from here part 1

Gotham City Superior Court 1990

A man named Phillip Wayne sits with balled up fists as his lawyer speaks, "I'm sorry Mr. Wayne, we've gone through every loophole, the will is rock solid. Mr. Pennyworth is in charge of all your brother's assets until Bruce comes of age. We can try another appeal but frankly he can afford to fight this forever now and you can't."

Phillip looked up at that, "So if I took custody?"

"You're brother's will was actually very specific about Pennyworth being named legal guardian, he's the kid's Godfather and there's really no legal reason to contest his custody. My advice, take the few mill, you're brother left you and move on."

Phillip sighed as Alfred walked past, "I don't know what your game is butler, but you won't get by with it."

Alfred stopped mid stride as his lawyer attempted to nudge him on, "Mr. Wayne, I'll have you know, Thomas and Martha Wayne were more than my employers. They were my best friends for 15 years, they entrusted me with their legacy and their son, and I will not allow anyone to endanger either, least of all a man like you."

His tone was stern and imposing as Phillip glared at him. Bruce watched a few feet back as his uncle lost his composure and took a swing at Alfred. He caught Phillip's fist and held it firm as he calmly finished his statement, "We are done here Mr. Wayne."

The nanny who stood with Bruce was pleased to see Bruce smile for the first time since his parents died.

Mid-town Gotham 1991

Alfred enters the office of a small studio that houses a children's karate class. The man in charge of the place asks Alfred to take a seat, "Thank's for coming. I wish I could say it was good news."

Alfred looked curious, "I was under the impression Bruce was doing quite well here."

The instructor nodded, "Oh, don't get me wrong, Bruce is phenomenal. He's one of the most naturally gifted martial artists I've ever seen at his age. He's driven, he's focused. His issue isn't about performance."

"Then why am I here?"

The instructor sighed, "Some of the other parents have an issue, when we spar he has a tendency to leave bruises."

"This is a karate class, bruises shouldn't be unusual one would think."

The man shook his head, "Frankly, the boy is ferocious. He's thirteen but my seventeen year olds are afraid to spar with him. I think it'd just be better for everyone if we remove him. I'd suggest you get him some help to deal with his anger issues."

Wayne Manor, a half hour later

Alfred entered and marched up to Bruce's room. He walked in to see Bruce bent over a microscope, "If you aren't going to knock, I see no point in doors."

Alfred raised an eyebrow as he glared down on Bruce, "We need to discuss your behavior."

Bruce popped his head up and turned, "I assume this means I'm done with karate class."

Bruce shrugged, "Oh, well. They taught me all I needed, I can master the rest on my own."

"I was told you were being quite rough with the other students."

Bruce turned back to his desk, "They should have practiced more, if they had maybe they could have blocked better."

Alfred grabbed the back of his chair and turned it to face him, "You need to control your anger."

"If you're going to give me a speech about letting go, I've heard it about a dozen times."

Alfred sat on the corner of Bruce's bed and sighed, "I'm not going to give you empty words you won't listen to. You have every right to be angry, hell, I'm angry for you, but we have to do something here Bruce."

He thought for a moment, "I remember when I was in the military, I had an instructor who would tell us,'Anger is like a shovel'. Its a tool to be used, but like any tool you must learn to use it properly. So maybe you learn to focus it. Turn it into something helpful, you could use it to drive you. You use it to become a doctor like your father or a politician. You could use your anger to make this city safer so no other child will have to go through what you did if that's what you want. What I will not allow, is for you to become a bully."

Bruce gave Alfred a nod, "I'm sorry. I'll do my best to get it under control."

Alfred gave him a halfhearted smile, "Alright then, back to your homework."

"Its not homework, I'm learning how to differentiate finger prints."

Alfred shrugged, "Everyone needs a hobby, I suppose."

(To be continued)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@joshmightbe: Thanks for the callout- I'll add it to my "to be read pile." ;)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By joshmightbe

@cbishop: Once I get a few of these up I'll set up a library for it so it'll be easier to keep up with.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: The origin part of this will probably need to be a bit more detailed than in Clark since born Super isn't really an option here.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I actually haven't read Clark yet. I'm behind, man! Behind! lol

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: So many fan-fics, so little time...<jibbers unintelligibly> :}

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Cool. I always do welcome an insight to Bruces childhood.

Are we gonna hear more of Joe Chill in the future?

Alfred sounds different. Cool. He sounded different in All-star Batman too. That was cool, too.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@kfhrfdu_89_76k: I always looked at it this way, for all intents and purposes Alfred has been Batman's dad since he was 10. It makes more sense to me that he'd be a little tougher than average. Plus former spy Alfred is my favorite Alfred.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Another good chapter.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

bumped

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice touch that Alfred may have pointed him in the direction of protecting the city. Added to my FF Long Box. :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#15  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@joshmightbe: I love Alfred. What I'd like to see is a DC comic about his adventures prior to becoming a butler.