Broken Pieces:The Knight it Ended

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

Arkham Asylum

Subject has gone thorough analysis over the course of the last five months, this is the newest attempt at breaking down the walls he has put up, walls that he hides behind in fear of reliving the night of December 15th. The very same night he was brought to my facility in a state of pure madness, laughing hysterically mumbling about "It was a mistake" this he would repeat over and over, every single day for countless hours he rocks back and forth laughing as he speaks. I am beginning to believe the laughter is a way to hide his true emotions, emotions that I as well hope he never fully comprehends. It would be the crack within his psyche that would allow for what he has remaining of a cognitive mind to come crumbling down.

This is the first time I have had to study him fully, yet he has been within this facility many a times. Each time he simply walked out as easily as he walked in, or sometimes brought in. The other doctors still mumble that it was only a matter of time before he finally did something that went too far, too close to the edge at every moment of the day to ever be able to step back from the edge. I know nothing of his childhood nor of his life before The Batman, but I can assume that life was harsh from the very beginning. To the point that all it took was one break, a single snap of his psyche to render him in such a state as this. I will once again attempt at breaking through his walls to see how far he truly has gone.

Next Day

He sits rocking in his chair, legs dangling almost unable to touch the floor beneath the chair. He seems so much smaller sitting in the chair, his restraints no longer hugging his body close. He looks over the room, smiling like ususal....that damn smile...no matter how many times I see it....still sends chills down my spine.

I snap my fingers getting his attention, his eyes are hollowed and empty. Nothing behind them, even less than previous days, hes changed slightly. No longer do his eyes fix on the concrete at his feet, I notice a deep cut on each cheek. Stretch from his lips to the middle of each cheek, as I question them he giggles like a child. Chilling to hear something coming from his mouth, first time hes made a noise besides screaming or his daily chant.

I point with my pen again to his cheeks and his smile disappears instantly "I heard you the first time Hugo.."I refrain from leaping from my chair, countless hours and countless subjects over my time here at Arkham and nothing has sent a more terrifying chill down my spine than his voice. I try to show that his uttering of words besides his chant hadnt thrown me, but he could tell. Shifting his weight in the chair with his insane grin returning to his face. Now he hangs forward arms outstretched his fingertips just barely touching the ground at our feet, and I compose myself before continuing "You finally find it privy to speak now J-" he looks at me now, his eyes burrowing into my very soul. Still playing with the floor with his fingertips he smiles just as I was about to say his name, raising a single arm he shakes a finger at me as if telling me something, I push further "What dont you want me to say? Your name? What would you like me to refer to you as?" now he was once again silent both verbally and physically. His body going limp like it had previously been for five long months, I bark at myself within my mind. Telling myself I pushed too hard, I look him over again, finding that I was getting no futher today.

Standing from my chair he was motionless, head hung forward and limp. Sighing as I turn towards the door I wave at the two way for the guard to open the door, I go to put my pen in my pocket when I find its no longer on the pad in my hands. Gasping I feel something push against the back of my neck hard, and a warm feeling moving down my spine as feeling quickly disappears and the world slowly turns black, all I can do is listen...to the laughter.

Behind the Glass

First shift on the job and I get paired up with the Wannabe Doctor and the Freak, they let Hugo do the "Doctor" shtick to keep him more docile and he supposedly has a repertoire with these nuts. They respect someone like them they say, I think hes just as wackadoodle as the rest. The Freak is his latest project, never thought I'd find someone as creepy as the Joker...and this guy takes the cake. Even looks like him now, all bone skinny and nearly as pale as he was. About damn time someone offed the damned lunatic, who would of thought it be this guy....even took out the....

In an instant the world of Arkham turns upside down, the guard watches as the patient moves so fast he even cant follow before its too late. Quickly alarms sound and klaxon horns blare through the speakers "Everyone to Room 352, Hugo Strange is down, I repeat Hugo Strange has been brought down. Again everyone available report to room 352, Jason Todd has just stabbed Hugo Strange..."

Headlines Read

"The Boy Who Killed the Bat escapes, Jason Todd still at large....presumed armed and dangerous..."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@darkchild: it's an interesting turn that it was Jason and not Bruce, but with that kind of twist, I would definitely expect to read more about how it happened.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: oh it's definitely getting more

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0