Bendy and the Ink Machine: Atramento Angelus

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By waezi2

(WRITERS NOTE: This is a one-shot fanfiction based on the game Bendy and the Ink Machine, so don't read it if you plan on playing the game yourself. The story is based on information about characters from the game as well as personal speculations.)

Black, sticky and alone.

No Caption Provided

It was a pathetic little creature. It was barely a creature at all. A shapeless glob, dragging itself through the corridors of this... this place.

The creature was so confused. It didn't know what it was doing in this abounded building. It didn't even know who or what it was. It just knew that it was scared. And it wouldn't go back to the ink. It had been so cold there, so terrifying. It had felt as if everything was screaming and buzzing in the blackness. So much noise. So much pain. Being in the darkness tore your mind apart. As if ones thoughts was shimming around in the abyss, like a fish in a bowl.

No Caption Provided

The glob searched everywhere in the building, trying to find something to illuminate the situation. But there was nothing to find but pictures of a smiling... something.

But then it found a poster. It was one that felt familiar. One that made it feel a bit more on ease.

And for some reason, the glob realized that it was female.

-so excited, sir!

Yes, well, take it easy. You have worked here for two months, why be so frantic about another role?

But it's not JUST another role, Mr. Lawrence. Two months of talking chairs and dancing chickens led to this! This is a big one, isn't it?

It is. One that might become even more popular than Bendy one day.

Really?

I don't see why not. You are a natural. And your Alice voice is possibly your best to date.

Well, Mr. Lawrence, it might be a mighty cocky thing to say this, but I bet me and Alice are going places.

They were after her. They wanted to drag her back to the darkness.

No Caption Provided

The poor miserable glob hide behind one of the barrels with ink, as a striker, piper and fisher passed through the corridor, searching for anything that moved. The glob watched them from behind her barrel, terrified, yet also curious. They were repulsive, disfigured, made of the same black, sticky matter the glob was made of. Yet they had shapes. They had faces, fingers, all traits of an actual creature. Why was it that the poor glob was without shape?

The glob had found herself a sanctuary. It was a place where a huge machine of some sort was at work all the time. It was noisy and produced steam constantly. The perfect place to hide.

So why would the glob ever leave this safe-zone. Why risk getting out in the open where the creatures could spot her? Or worse, risk being noticed by the TALL ONE?

No Caption Provided

Because of that poster. It meant... something. Something important to the glob. And it still gave her small pieces of... something.

Something happy.

-no idea. I mean, I knew the studio was going through some rough times, but that sounds so frustrating, Mr. Drew.

Well, the competition is tough, that's for sure. But we will make it through. I still have plenty of ideas.

You believe that? I must say, I really like working for you, Mr. Drew, and I would hate it if the studio had to close down.

Oh, I DO believe that. In fact, believe is what I'm all about, Alice.

Alice?

Sorry. Slip of the tongue. Don't think that I forgot your name, Mrs-

Oh, I don't mind, Mr. Drew. In fact, I think I actually like being called Alice.

Well, if you will let me call you Alice, then I must insist that you call me Joey.

The glob had made a decision. The time for fear was over. Now, it was time for action.

She had found one of them. One of the shaped ones. A fisher. It was alone and walked in circles with it's head dangling left and right from the thread that connected it to it's body.

It wasn't courage that made the glob attack. It wasn't even about survival. It was an act of graving. Lust for sense, lust for strength, lust for... beauty and perfection.

The fisher did no see it coming. It was only much to late it tried to fight back. But the ink puddle pounded the repulsive fisher over and over again, making sure that it would die. And as if by instinct, it went for the chest, digging through it's sticky body, until it found the creatures heart. And now, it was her heart. The fisher was still squiggling until it finally gave up and turned into a lifeless puddle.

The glob held the heart. She felt something else but fear for once. She felt victorious. But she could hear footsteps. There were more on the way. So the glob decided to retreat with her newly gained prize. Bu not before taking a quick glance at the poster.

HER poster.

No Caption Provided

She would be beautiful again.

-begging you, Joey! You can't replace me with that... that... Alison woman!

Now, Ms. Campbell, take it easy-

YOU CAN'T DO THIS TO ME, JOEY! YOU SAID I HAD TALENT! I THOUGHT WE-

I would watch that tone, if I was you!

I... I didn't... I'm-I'm sorry, Jo-um, Mr. Drew. I-I didn't mean to throw a fit. But Alice... She is more than a meal-ticket, I feel as if I have... a connection to her. I think I might... might DIE if I lose her. Don't take her away from me.

Susie, do you believe in dreaming?

Dreaming?

Some think that you need to be a realist. Not me. Wanting the impossible is simple human nature. We all want everything without lifting a finger. But if you dream hard enough, nothing is impossible. After all, that's how I got started, just a pencil and a dream, and now I have my own animation studio. Believing can make you succeed, rich, powerful even. Heck, if you believe hard enough, you could cheat death itself.

Joey?

Susie, would you be ready to do everything it takes for your dream? Are you prepared to believe?

... Yes.

So many failures, so many mistakes. But it had been worth it.

She had to touch so many of those disgusting little things. Had to risk getting caught by the demon. Risked getting dragged back.

It had taken so many of them to get it right. To cut them open while they were still squirming, trying to escape. Digging in their chest, trying to figure out how they ticked.

No Caption Provided

And she had to inject herself with the filthy thick ink from the disgusting swollen ones.

But now?

Now, she was beautiful again. Alice had become an angel.

No Caption Provided

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

That was really good! I think you did a great job creating sympathy for Glob, and for people like me who aren't familiar with the game, I think you nicely managed to get a tone and feel settled for the world this is happening in.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Thank you. I was unsure weather or not to do this one, but I think it works since the glob that becomes "Alice" is as lost as the readers.

Appropriate, since the game is about being totally lost and trying to make sense of the world you are trapped in with what little information you can manage to find.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

@waezi2: Yeah it's super important when introducing a new world that you give people someone who's as clueless as the reader.

And then you also give them someone who points out how dumb everything is.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By waezi2
waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By waezi2

@wildvine: Just realized I didn't tag you in this one. Not sure if it's your cup of tea.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#8  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

@waezi2: Not needed. I check the FF forum multiple times a day. I see all the new posts

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers