Behind the creation of W2O; Cat.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

So, I decided to write about my OC universe and how I made them up to begin with. They have only been on Comicvine for about a year or so, but I actually made them up as a teenager.

The one I've been using most from the W2O universe is Cat, so I will write about him first.

The Cat is (now) a wisecracking acrobat in a colorful glowing costume. But to begin with, he was... well...

I made Cat up as a teenager. Back when I was 16-17, I was... not exactly a ray of sunshine. So Cat suffered for that when I made him up.

To begin with, I named him the Blue Cat. And he was the vigilante of the city Zootropolis(good thing I later changed the name to Twilight City). The idea was that the city was overrun by criminals who dressed up in animal masks. It was suppose to represent that they gave in to their beastly side.

... I was 16, okay?!

Anyway, Cat became a masked hero because his his father, a jazz musician, had been killed due to the fact that he was about to reveal the identity of Zootropolis' number one crime lord; Mr Rabbit. His son found the lyrics to his last song and realized that it was about Mr Rabbit and his shady businesses. So, as all people in comics who had lost their parents, he decided to become a superhero and avenge his father as well as doing something about all those masked criminals, naming himself after the title of his father's last song; the Blue Cat. He donned a blue pinstripe suit with matching catmask and build a mechanical tail that would be his weapon in crime.

Then I turned 20, found the old drawings and ideas I had written... and I hated them:P

I then remodeled the character a bit. First of all, I changed his name to the Pink Cat. Because AFTER I was done being a depressed teenager, I had found a interest in Discworld books, Monty Python and anything ridicules and silly, so I wanted a SILLY hero in a serius world, but not a crazy one like Freakazoid or the Mask. Then, I wanted him to be a character with a sense of humor who wanted to make the world a better place simply because he wanted people to be happy. That was, and still is, more or less my life's philosophy; that we should be more happy. So instead of being motivated by grief or anger, he was going to do what he did to make people in a less than bright city happier.

Eventually, I decided to drop the idea about making him be all pink and gave him a green suit. And the suit would glow in dark just to hammer in the purpose of his mission:P

And then... I forgot all about him and shoved him in the drawer once more...

THEN I moved from Copenhagen to Eskilstrup and found him once more.

It took 8 years before I actually did something with him:P

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

@waezi2: I love seeing the behind-the-scenes of the creation. I have more notes on why I created my characters than anything else. :)