Batman: The Forever Pit Chapter One

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

Bruce Wayne struggled to make his way up the mountainside. A feeble hand grasped a ledge from the Cliffside, and with the strength of a madman he pulled himself upwards. His body was old and decrepit, and his face had many wrinkles and scars from far too many battles. It had been forty years since Bruce Wayne had immersed himself in the liquid he found so long ago.

Wayne’s knuckles whitened as his grip grew more powerful, and finally he flung his foot over the ledge. He trudged his way over to a hidden cave. Wind whipped in his already cold face and stung like ice. His cheeks had become a reddened color, as he moved forward. Finally, he reached the opening to the cave. In front of it was a large circular bolder. With a mighty heave the bolder rolled aside, revealing the contents of the cave: the reddish-orange liquid he had become so addicted to. Onward, he stepped, into the bubbling pit. The liquid acted up and began to stir as Bruce Wayne made his way deeper into the pit of liquid. Finally, now fully immersed, the liquid fizzed and popped. It began to stir rapidly. Underneath the dark orange liquid, Bruce Wayne’s scars and wrinkles faded, as he felt himself rejuvenated and, as his body restored itself to its prime—The Lazarus pit had done its job.

He removed himself from the pit, and, as always, was overcome by a temporary madness. He howled like a maniac, laughing so hard his face turned redder than before, as the cold struck him again from the once warm pit. His mind wandered, remembering how it all began…a few years after his debut in 1939…as Batman…

His moves were like water, moving from one target to the next like a steady flow of it. He adapted and changed to match the strength and speed of each new opponent, and put them in the ground swiftly, before another had the chance to attack. He was upon them in an instant. The superstitious would say there were four of him, yet things are not always what they appear. Years of practice flew through his fist as one by one, the henchmen fell…yet the Joker managed to get away…

A steady clapping was heard, as a man stepped out of the shadows. He had a slightly worn appearance. Batman noted that he had a scar underneath his chin. His hair was graying at the temples, and he had a rugged look about him.

“Well done, Mr. Wayne.” the man said.

Batman grew agitated, as he moved closer. He refused to let his guard down, yet curiosity consumed him. “Who are you?” He stated simply.

“A am simply Ra’s al Ghul.” the man answered. More mental notes flooded into the mind of the Bat. He noticed the man wore linen clothes of an old fashioned period. A “gimmick” of some sort? “and I am here,” he continued, “to extend you an offer.” Batman said nothing, only looking at him curiously. “How would you like to live forever?” Ra’s hissed.

Bruce smiled, exposing his teeth, as well as the blood seeping from his gums from a blow to the jaw he had taken earlier. “Go on.” he told him.

“I can state only that on the matter,” the man replied, his voice shrouded in mysteriousness. “However,” he interjected, “I will say this: where you hide in the shadows, I will teach you to be truly—.”

In the blink of an eye, the man vanished. “Invisible.”

Another blink of the eye, Ra’s was in front of him. “Where you use one combat technique at a time—.” in a sudden movement, Ra’s overpowered him, throwing a series of remarkable blows to the Batman, and tearing his flesh with a small pocketknife. “I can teach you to use much more than that.” he handed Batman the knife, and disappeared. Yet the Batman knew better than to trust only his eyes. A voice came from the darkness.

“Consider my offer, Mister Wayne…for this is one like no other…”

The Batman stood there in the dark, alone. Unconscious bodies consumed the empty room, and the blare of sirens was heard in the night. The Batman knew all too well what that would mean; swiftly, he disappeared from the empty room, mulling over his encounter with the strange Ra’s al Ghul. He darted from rooftop to rooftop, swift was a passing breeze. “Live forever…” he muttered to himself, “now THERE’S an opportunity…”

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

thanks to for the inspiration for this idea.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#3  Edited By batkevin74