Batman: The Dark Conspiracy

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mutant X

So I went ahead and took a swing at writing... Maybe not the best fan-fic ever, but I don't think it's too bad. I might write a part 2 if people like this one. I tried to describe what the pages and the panels would look like, so it would be easier to envision the story playing out. Tell me what you think!

P.S. I put slashes around the things that Batman is thinking at the time.

P.S P.S. I don't own any of these characters. They all belong to DC Comics.

Gotham City
11:47 p.m.
Annual Gotham City Carnival

The page shows the Annual Gotham City Carnival, colorful neon lights outlining the various rides and attractions, shining bright in an otherwise very dark city. The next page then shows Batman's greatest enemy, the Joker, standing upon the roof of a carousel.

Joker - "WOOHOO!!! THIS IS THE BIGGEST RUSH I'VE HAD IN A LOOONG LOOONG TIME, BATSY!!!"

We then see Batman barely hanging onto a pole attached to the carousel, his legs flying in the air behind him. The carousel is going much faster than normal. There are 9 people Joker has taken hostage, all young children, which are bound to the unicorns and other various objects. Their mouths are ducktaped, as well as their hands and feet to their seat. Joker is laughing in the background.

Joker - "WE HAVE ABOUT 73 MORE TIMES THIS THING IS GOIN' FULL CIRCLE BEFORE THIS WHOLE RIDE BLOWS TO SMITHEREENS!!!"

//The Joker has gone too far this time. There's a bomb set to blow this whole carousel to hell once it goes around about 70 more times. It's one thing to put me in danger, but to put 9 children in the face of death itself, that's too far. The fact that he would take the chance of murdering innocent children only proves to me what I knew was true all along; Joker is a madman. A madman who has no concern for life whatsoever.//

Batman proceeds in releasing the hostages

Joker - "DON'T EVEN BOTHER BATS!!! 32 MORE ROUNDS!!"

Joker continues laughing like a maniac while Batman frees the Joker's victims.

//6 down, 3 more to go.//

Batman frees the remaining three while Joker counts down the full rounds made by the carousel. Batman finally frees the last one when there are only 7 more rounds.

Batman - "RUN!!! ALL OF YOU!!! AS FAR AS YOU CAN!!! GET TO SAFETY!!!"

Joker - WELL BATS, I'M CERTAINLY NOT SUPRISED THAT YOU RESCUED ALL THOSE PUNY LITTLE KIDS!! BUT YOU STILL HAVE ONE MORE PERSON TO SAVE!!! YOU'RE NOT GONNA LET ME BLOW TO CHUNKS HERE NOW, ARE YA??!!

//Damn it. He's right. As much as I'd like to...//

//...I can't let him die.//

Batman climbs up the carousel, to find the Joker lying on his back, laughing hysterically. He grabs the Joker and jumps down from the
top of the carousel just before it perishes in a massive explosion.

Batman then turns to face the flaming rubble that used to be the carousel, police cars rolling behind him, and the Joker in his arms.

Joker - "Romantic kiss scene, eh, Bats?"

Batman then violently drops Joker, leaving him for the police.

Joker - "That wasn't very gentlemanly of you. HA! HAHAHA!!! HAHAHAAAA!!!!"

Batman then approaches Commissioner Jim Gordon of the Gotham City Police Department.

Batman - "I trust you can handle things from here?"

Gordon - "'Course we can. Don't know what we'd do without you, Batman."

12:23 a.m.

The panel shows the bright crescent moon glowing through what seems like a pitch black sky. We see a house surrounded by police and ambulance vehicles. The
frontyard is surrounded by yellow tape flaunting the words "POLICE LINE DO NOT CROSS". The panel shows a dark, shadowy Batman on the rooftop. He then drops from the roof, landing in front of Harvey Bullock.

Harvey - [startled] "God, Bats, ya gotta quit doin' that."

Batman - "What happened here?"

Harvey - "Some loony bin raided these folks' home, killed the dad and the son. The mom's wounded, they're takin' her to the hospital now."

Batman - "Any clues as to who did all this?"

Harvey - "We searched the place inside and out. So far, we got no leads, no evidence, nothin'."

Batman - "Clear everyone out. Give me a minute alone in the house. That's all I'll need."

Harvey - "Way ta be modest, Batboy".

Dick enters the dark, empty house.

//During all my years of working this city, as both Robin and Nightwing, I've learned many things. One of those things is that Gotham is NOT an ideal city to raise a family, because of all the lunatics that inhabit it. [shows Dick investigating the floor, surrounded by images and memories of some villains
from Batman's rogues gallery, taking up 2 pages] And as much as I've stopped them, as much as I've thwarted so many
deadly schemes, these sick bastards keep coming back.// He continues searching the house, using various detective
instruments. //It's not uncommon for something like this to happen in Gotham. But to leave behind no clues, no
evidence whatsoever is a bit more abnormal. Usually it takes me 10 minutes tops to find a lead at a crime scene.

But I haven't found a damn thing. This guy is good. Maybe I could get a little more info... [transitions to next page, showing Gotham City Hospital] from a
witness.//

[[shows Sylvia Banks [the mom] lying in her hospital bed, sweating, with her eyes so wide open it seems as if her eyeballs could fall out of their sockets]]

Sylvia - Nononononoitdidnthappenjustadreampleasebeadreamcantberealpleasegodno.....

Batman is sitting in the window at the end of her bed, the moonlight glistening against his back.

Sylvia - [shouting very loudly] YOU!!! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM!!! YOU COULD HAVE STOPPED HIM!!! WHY???!!!! WHY???!!!

//She's right. I could have stopped whoever did this. I would have stopped him. If only I could be everywhere at
once. If only I wouldn't have had to deal with that damn clown. It's an endless cycle. Bruce and I both have had
more than enough of that lunatic. And instead of doing that, I could've saved a family from a blood-hungry killer.
But I didn't.//

Batman - Sylvia -- please --

Sylvia - NO!!! DON'T COME NEAR ME!!! DO YOU HEAR ME??!! DON'T TALK TO ME!!! NO!!!

Batman bows his head in shame.

Batman - Sylvia I'm -- I'm sorry --

Sylvia - NO!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!!! SHUT UP!!!!!

The doctors and nurses rush in, to find a hysterically weeping patient, and a curtain blowing in the air from the
cold wind the open window lets in.

We then see Batman crouching on the rooftop of the hospital.

//That's probably the worst part of this "job". Having to look straight into the eyes of a victim who, by some
miraculous way, survives a monstrosity such as the one Sylvia just witnessed, and to see the pain and agony that
lies within them, and to apologize to them, knowing you could have stopped it. Apologies make no difference in a
situation like this, though. She's not the only one who has lost two people they love more than anyone else on this
planet to a psychotic murderer. Sometimes I wonder why I'm still alive. I'm sure Sylvia is wondering the same thing.
But that does bring an interesting point. Why is she still alive? Why did that wackjob skip her? Maybe it's because
she's a woman, and he didn't kill her out of some misplaced sense of self-righteousness. Or maybe it's someone who
wanted Sylvia all to himself, a stalker of sorts. Whatever the reason, I'm going to find out.//

Approximately 3 hours later...

[[shows bat-signal shining in the foggy night sky, then on the next panel we see Jim Gordon standing upon the roof of the Gotham City Police Department]]

Batman - "You rang?"

Gordon turns around, moderately startled from Batman's sudden appearance

Gordon - "Yeah, I "rang". I have some info you might be interested in. Seems as if we've discovered what the weapon
was that was used earlier on the Banks family. The bullet wounds were seemingly caused by a .44 caliber handgun.
Not an easy gun to find, as you may know. Now what I'm thinking is, for an every day, scum of the earth, 2-bit
criminal, acquiring a gun like that would be a little difficult."

Batman - "So you think there might be a higher power behind all this."

Gordon - "Exactly."

Batman - "But what would a criminal of that status want with an innocent suburban family?"

Gordon - "I don't know Batman, but whatever's going on here...

[[panel transitions showing Batman's eyes with a sort of enraged/determined look]]

Gordon - "...it can't be good."

Epilogue:

The panel shows a mysterious figure, sitting at an enormous desk, rested on a chair with his elbows pressed against
the armrests, hands held together, showing a stature of power. Around the man, 5 bodyguards in strapping tuxedos and
black sunglasses stand, ready to protect the man at all costs.

Stranger - "I trust everything went through as planned?"

Unidentified Man - "Y-Yeah b-b-boss."

Stranger - "Was the Bat distracted long enough by the clown for you to carry out your task?"

Unidentified Man - "Sure w-was boss."

Stranger - "Delightful. Then we shall proceed the process..."

[panel shows dark figure leaning forward, out of the shadows, revealing himself to be the Black Mask]

Black Mask - "..of exterminating the Batman."

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#2  Edited By Constantine

pretty good

Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mutant X
@Constantine said:
" pretty good "
Thanks a lot!
Caligula

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 12

#4  Edited By Caligula

keep it up, i for one would like to see this continued 
Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mutant X
@Caligula said:
" keep it up, i for one would like to see this continued  "
I appreciate it man!
Jessica Baby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6  Edited By Jessica Baby

darn decent writing :D 
kept me entertained.
Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mutant X
@Jessica Baby said:
" darn decent writing :D kept me entertained. "
Thanks a bunch! I'm glad you like it!
Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mutant X

Any more feedback?

SigersonLTD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By SigersonLTD
@Mutant X: There's an unwritten rule out there, about no more than 25 words a page, as it gets in the way of the art.... Otherwise, the story flows, however, Gordon's long past the point where he says things like, "Don't know what we'd do without you, Batman." I also defaulted to Bruce as being Batman in this story, that might be my bias, however, it startled me when you wrote Dick walks into, or whatever that was.... 

Remember, show, don't tell, and you'll be fine.
Mutant X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mutant X
@SigersonLTD said:

" @Mutant X: There's an unwritten rule out there, about no more than 25 words a page, as it gets in the way of the art.... Otherwise, the story flows, however, Gordon's long past the point where he says things like, "Don't know what we'd do without you, Batman." I also defaulted to Bruce as being Batman in this story, that might be my bias, however, it startled me when you wrote Dick walks into, or whatever that was....  Remember, show, don't tell, and you'll be fine. "

Well I just did the writing, with some visualization hints. If there were an artist it'd kinda be up to him to decide how the art flows with the story. And the whole "Don't know what we'd do without you" thing was just Gordon giving Batman a thanks for being there when they weren't. I can understand how you'd assume it was Bruce instead of Dick at first, and I agree I should've cleared that up sooner. It was a minor over look type thing. I appreciate the feedback though man. Thanks.
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By ComicStooge

Nice work.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Constantine
@Mutant X said:
" @Constantine said:
" pretty good "
Thanks a lot! "
no problem
Avatar image for captaincockblock
CaptainCockblock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#13  Edited By CaptainCockblock

Not bad at all. I always have trouble finding decent fan fiction with Black Mask in it, keep it up!