Batman: Punishing Gotham - Part 9

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Project_Worm

If you have not read before here is a link to Batman: Punishing Gotham - 1   This Fan-Fic is rated T+ 

Batman arrives on the scene only a minute after Frank had left Hotel Gemini. He quickly checks the pulse of some of the guards that lay dead outside, just in case. It was a moot point, as each of them had been shot at least once in the head or three times in the heart. As he's checking one body next to the hotel's main entrance, The Dark Knight feels something dripping on the back of his neck. He looks up to see what it is. There's a bloody hand dangling off of the canvas awning over top of the entrance. Batman takes a couple of steps back, and sees the battered and bloodied body of Two Face lying on the canvas. Batman grabs the former lawyer's hand and drags him off of the awning. As Harvey Dent hits the ground, he lets out a groan.

"He's still alive?" whispers Batman in shock.

Despite Two Face's horrible injuries, Batman drags him away from the burning hotel, which is rapidly becoming a raging inferno. He lies him down on the cold wet ground as gently as he can. Two Face moans in agony.

"Harvey," says Batman, "Who did this to you?"

"Don't . . . know," says Dent in a very week voice, "Never . . . saw him . . . before."

"What did he look like?" asks the Caped Crusader.

"Wore . . . black. Body . . . armor. Like . . . S.W.A.T. . . . armor. Big . . . white . . . skull . . . on . . . chest."

"Anything else?" asks Batman.

"Help . . . me."

"I will old friend," says Batman, "I promise."

Just then, an ambulance arrives. The paramedics jump out and immediately begin working on the injured Two Face. Also arriving are the firetrucks and Gotham Police Department. Commissioner Gordon and Detective Bullock get out of their cars. They see Batman and run right over. Officer Montoya immediately begins the crowd control.

"Who got hit this time?" asks Gordon.

"Harvey Dent," says Batman in his usual raspy voice.

"Two Face, eh?" says Bullock, "Figures."

"You figure out who did it?" asks Gordon.

"It's Frank Castle alright," replies Batman.

"How d' ya know?" asks Bullock.

"Harvey told me," says Batman, "He's not quite dead, although he is hurt very bad. I doubt he'll make it through the night."

"How bad was he hurt?" asks Gordon.

"Looks like he was shot and then fell out a window," says Batman, "And knowing Two Face, he likely took the Presidential Suite as his residence, as it's on the twentieth floor. Only reason the bullets didn't kill him is he was wearing a bullet proof vest under his shirt, and the fall didn't kill him because he landed on the canvas awning. The impact likely broke damn near every bone in his body though. Even if he survives his injuries, he may never be the same again."

"Damn," says Bullock, "I almost feel sorry for the poor bastard."

"He was a good man once, Harvey," Gordon reminds the detective, "Remember that."

"I only pray he gets the help he needs," says Batman, "Perhaps his run in with The Punisher will teach him the error of his ways."

"So you're sure it's him then?" asks the commissioner.

"He fits the description Harvey gave me," says Batman, "And the signature and modus operendi both fit."

"So what are ya gonna do about it?" asks Bullock.

"Stop him," comes the reply.

With that, The Batman stalks away into the deepening gloom of the night, leaving Jim Gordon and Harvey Bullock in the flickering light of the burning hotel.

-----------------------------------------------------

War Journal: Entry #238

Tonight's mission was a success. I successfully eliminated an entire enemy cell. I have suffered some minor injuries. Took two shotgun blasts to the chest. The body armor held. Good thing the enemy always aims for the skull. May have a few bruised ribs. Will have to recover before going after my next target. Hopefully no more than a week.

In the Bat Cave, Batman is sitting at his Bat Computer once more, puzzling over The Punisher. Alfred is busy dusting the many trophies that his employer has accumulated over the years as The Batman. Batman is looking at the list of names of all those who had been killed since Frank Castle had come to Gotham City. Victor Zsasz, "Killer Croc" Waylon Jones, "The Ventriloquist" Arnold Wesker, and "The Scarecrow" Jonathan Crane are all dead. And "Two Face" Harvey Dent is now in critical condition at Gotham General Hospital, under heavy guard. Alfred walks up behind his employer and looks at the screen.

"Four dead in as many weeks, and not a clue as to his whereabouts?" says the butler.

"Much more than four," corrects Batman, "These are all just the ones who are former residents at Arkham Asylum."

"Where will you look next?"

"All this time I've been looking for Frank Castle," says Batman, "That has been my mistake. He's too good, too smart to make himself an easy catch. I've got to figure out who he's going after next."

"Who's left of the criminals who had escaped from Arkham?" asks Alfred.

"Only the ones who instigated the breakout," says Batman.

"The Joker and Harley Quin."

"Right. And as crazy as they are, they're also somewhat predictable."

"They always hide out in abandoned gag shops don't they?" asks Alfred.

"Or circuses, clown colleges, candy factories. Anywhere clowns aren't out of place."

"Then if you can find Joker and Miss Quin before this Castle fellow does . . ."

"I can use them as bait to flush The Punisher out of hiding."

"Very good, sir," says Alfred, "Is there anything more you'll need from me this evening?"

"No, thank you Alfred."

"Then I shall retire for the evening if you don't mind."

"Not at all," says Batman.

"Goodnight, sir," says the butler.

"Goodnight, Alfred," replies Batman, and Alfred takes his leave.

The Dark Knight goes onto his computer and begins looking up the addresses of any places where The Joker would choose as a hideout.  

ALL CHARACTERS AND SETTINGS ARE PROPERTY OF DC COMICS OR MARVEL   

Please comment below and tell me what you think. 

Batman: Punishing Gotham - 10
warcorpse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By warcorpse

That was great, looking forward to batman's and punishers confrontation. 

Project_Worm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#3  Edited By Project_Worm
@warcorpse:  
Thanks man, I'm gonna have it up later on tonight so keep a look out.
sentryssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4  Edited By sentryssj4
@Project_Worm:  
NICENESS
ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points