Baby Doll and Pennywise: A Batman Daymare

Abishai100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

Baby Doll was sick of her life and her inability to grow and age like a normal human being due to her genetic defect. Above all, she hated Batman, that wily and 'brooding' masked urban vigilante who instilled fear into the likes of the Mad Hatter, Harley Quinn, Bane, and Two-Face, ghouls she greatly admired. Baby Doll planned a daring bank robbery with a special gimmick designed to fool the people and the media. However, she was about to meet a new Gotham upstart, a demonic clown named Pennywise.

Baby Doll entered Gotham Bank (on Saturday morning) pushed in a stroller by her maidservant/nanny whom she simply called Nanny. Baby Doll had Nanny push her up to the teller's station, and when the female teller asked Nanny how she could help with bank services today, Baby Doll said the following:

"Sweet bank lady, my name is Baby Doll and this is my Nanny. We're from the Gotham Children's Charity Fund, and we're doing a 'pretend robbery' which is being photoed by your cameras! The story will be for news, so they can say, 'The Children's Charity has given us this pretend robbery so we can celebrate children's daydreams!'"

Nanny then exposed a small pistol extending discreetly from her purse and told the female teller, "So do as Baby Doll says, and put $10K in a bag and let us walk out quietly (don't push any alarms), and the news-men will arrive exactly ten minutes after we exit!"

The teller did as the two instructed and gave a smile, since she felt something like a celebrity. Nanny and Baby Doll boarded a bus outside the bank and rode away to hiding. No news-men came to Gotham Bank, and the teller realized soon the bank was robbed. When actual news-reporters and police arrived, the story was that the insidious nemesis of Batman, Baby Doll, staged a bizarre bank robbery.

Baby Doll was back at her secret hideaway, an abandoned warehouse in Gotham, with Nanny. They were counting their money, and Baby Doll was making jokes that the news would say how Batman was confused by a child. As she sneered and jeered and Nanny brushed her hair, a stranger crept into their lair and walked towards them. It was a man dressed as a clown and he was carrying three red balloons. It was the demonic clown Pennywise, and he said the following:

"Baby Doll, I'm so impressed by the Gotham Bank robbery I read about in the Gazette. Like you, I intend to ruin Batman, because I hate how he puts fear into Gotham's fun terror-artists. I propose we forge an insidious alliance and take Gotham Library hostage. My name is Pennywise the Clown. I have machine-guns. The reporters will say, 'Batman continues to be bedevilled by tricksters, evil children, and clowns!'"

Baby Doll was thrilled with the plan and shook Pennywise's extended hand and made the evil contract. The next Saturday morning, Baby Doll (and Nanny) and Pennywise held-up Gotham Library with machine guns. Pennywise had a bomb strapped to himself, threatening to blow the library up if anyone tried anything heroic or defied their stand. Baby Doll and Nanny put a number of books into a giant bag they brought, and Pennywise called the GCPD and informed them the library was being caged and the Gothamites inside were hostages being held for ransom. The ransom amount was $10 million, and Commissioner Gordon didn't know what to do, so he had the GCPD bring the ransom money and patrol cars to the Gotham Library and called Batman for help.

Batman arrived and was given a brief by Gordon. Batman realized Baby Doll and Pennywise were performing this criminal deed to make an insulting gesture about Gotham's poor policework. Batman took a megaphone from the police and said the following:

"Baby Doll, Pennywise, this is Batman. It's me you want! You want to make me look like a fool by terrorizing this library, not the police or Gotham. Hand over the hostages, and you can go free, and we'll all agree that you managed to escape and avoid capture by me!"

Baby Doll and Pennywise liked the plan and released the hostages who walked out of Gotham Library dazed, confused, and relieved. When the police stormed into the library, Baby Doll (and Nanny) and Pennywise were gone. Baby Doll left a note which read, "Batman failed to capture us!"

Baby Doll, Nanny, and Pennywise were back in Baby Doll's warehouse lair. They were amused at how they managed to perform the escape at the simple cost of releasing the hostages. Pennywise was sure the Gazette would report that Batman was semi-foiled by a clown and a child (and her Nanny). Baby Doll realized she had forged a profitable alliance with this demonic clown Pennywise but wondered if she could trust the sinister clown and if Batman was planning to somehow undo their unattractive union.

Baby Doll

Pennywise

No Caption Provided

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

@Abishai100: Now there's a match made in Tartarus. Great quality as per usual, sorry about the intermittent commenting, always try and comment on everything I read but it's not always easy

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@Abishai100: This is more story-like than previous offerings, but yet another story where the villains basically get away with a terrorist action.