Better then the PR Fan-fic.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

This Fan-Fic is FR15. All things Avatar belong to Nickelodeon and Avatar's Creators. Hope ya like it! ^_^

The wind blew unforgivably over Crescent Island; the rain fell sideways across the Temple's walkways. The storm that encompassed the temple dedicated to the great Avatar Roku had lasted for near days now. Recently erected in his honor, She knew it was the perfect place to contact the powerful bender. She ran through the storm, through the wind and the rain, up to the temple, leaping up and landing on the roof's edge. She breathed heavily, the rain drenching her raven black hair and dripping from her pale skin. Her hair was lifted into two buns on top of her head, with a lock of hair falling to her shoulder from each. A single braid hung down the back. Her tunic was tossed about in the gale, and her pants stuck tight to her. She pressed her back against the temple's wet roof, catching her breath. Her eyes glazed over to the bay, and she could see her small boat being tossed violently in the swells. She had barely made it to the Island on luck alone, she couldn't begin to fathom how she would get back to the mainland. She had a mission, and now she'd fulfill it.

Running around the roof, she found the window she was looking for, a faint candle light flickering in it. She flipped down and leaped through the window, landing crouched down in the temple's halls. Apart from the thunder and lightning raging outside, the drips of water coming off her were the only sounds that echoed through the temple. Running quickly, she sped past halls and halls of rooms, until she finally came to the right one. It was a great metal door, with Avatar Roku's image emblazoned upon it. Quickly bowing and uttering a prayer of allegiance and acknowledgment, she set to work. This door required four firebending blasts to open it. She was no firebender. She was, however, something more. She saw no Fire Sages nearby, and was grateful at that. She took out a bundle from her small hip bag and spread out the cloth on the marble floor. Inside was a small pouch. She ran over and took a candle out of the dragon holster on the wall. Carefully, she placed it in the middle of the cloth, making sure none of her water put it out. Opening the pouch, she released a sparkling powder on the flame of the candle, turning it a dark violet, the same color as her robes. “Marda Hieffedi Firato.” She spoke, her voice out of place in the silence of the temple. She clapped her hands into a praying position before her, and watched as the flames that licked the air on walls nearby flew to her candle, making the flame grow bigger with each addition. Flinging her hands out quickly four times over the flame, she sent four simultaneous blasts of fire from the flame to the holes in the door. The flames illuminated Avatar Roku's eyes and mouth, opening the doorway with a loud creak. Fearing someone had heard it, she fled inside the dark room. The door closed with a silent boom, and a flash of lightning illuminated the room. Faint candles, now burnt to the bottom of their wax, lit the room in an eerie flickering glow. Apprehensively and respectfully, she walked up to the statue of Avatar Roku and knelt before it.

“My master and my liege,” She began, “I am but a humble servant of your will. Please, aid me in this time of peril.” She knelt on both knees and spoke, placing her hands in another praying position, “Maha Muk, Markok Don, Alla Fu Tia Ku Shi!” The flames in the room went out, instead lit by the glowing statue of the Avatar. The glow grew, bigger and bigger until finally, she had to shield her eyes. When the glow died, she removed her hand to find the astral form of the Avatar himself before her. He wore regal Fire Nation armor, his long gray beard and hair tossed about in an invisible wind. Her eyes glazed over, she fell to the ground in a bow.

“Get up, Veera.” Avatar Roku's old and weathered voice echoed. “There is no need for pleasantries given the circumstances of this night.” Veera glanced up to see Roku's smiling face. Mustering her own half-hearted smile, she slowly stood, her head still bowed down.

“Avatar Roku,” Veera began, “What do you need of me?”

“I need you to protect me.” Roku said. Confused, Veera lifted her head and looked to Roku. “My reincarnated form, Aang of the Air Nomads, now rides on his Air Bison through this very storm that surrounds my temple. I need him to reach the Northern Water Tribe successfully so that he may learn waterbending.” Roku looked hard to Veera, entrusting her with his task. “A war is coming, Veera, One that will plague the four nations for a near century. I need you to prepare Aang for his duty as Avatar. I trust you with this, my final request, old friend.”

Veera couldn't help but smile. She was a friend of Roku when he spent time in the Earth Kingdom, her nation of origin. “At once, Great Avatar.” Balling one hand into a fist and folding the other over it, Veera bowed and turned to leave. As she did, however, she was struck down. Time slowed to her, and she spun around as she fell. She landed on her side, her vision blurring. Dug deep into her back lay a jagged black blade, adorned with a golden bat hilt. A drop of blood fell from her gaping mouth as the light left her eyes and she faded into the Spirit World. The sword's owner, a shadowed figure, dropped down from the ceiling and knelt over her body. A pale finger ran along her face, admiring its work.

The figure turned to the fading and aghast image of Avatar Roku. “My apologies, Great Avatar.” The figure stood, drawing its sword from Veera. “But the will of the Firelord shall not be tampered with.” Holding the blade to its mouth, the figure licked the blood from the blade.

“You!” Avatar Roku yelled, the words mumbled from his own departure to the afterlife.

“Long live the Firelord, traitor.” The figure spoke. Roku was unable to argue any longer, as his spirit dissipated into the ethereal. The figure sheathed his sword and grabbed the limp body of Veera, walking from the room as if nothing had happened.

And so the story begins...
Post Edited:2008-04-14 21:43:25