An Idea For A Batman Semi-Villain

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Jester - Jestin Terran

An former Joker goon who fell madly in love with Harley Quinn. He despises Joker, Batman and anyone else who mistreats her.

Avatar image for thespiritstalker
TheSpiritStalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

I like it, 'can totally imagine him kidnapping Harley Quinn for her own good-- or his twisted concept of love/attachment. When Jester decides to make it on his own, would he dress like a clown too and display traits similar to the Joker? He could impersonate the Joker and cause some chaos.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1092

No Caption Provided

I don't know if he's shown up in the New 52 yet, but it would make sense that he might like Harlequin...and that Joker would hate him.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@princemarvel: Ever hear of the Creeper from the old batman cartoons

No Caption Provided

Also, Jestin isn't a real name.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Why is everyone obsessed with 'rescuing' Hardly from the Joker. Sure she's a victim who deserves better but there seems an entire army of men trying to save her. It makes no sense.

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone obsessed with 'rescuing' Harley from the Joker? Sure she's a victim who deserves better but there seems an entire army of men trying to save her. It makes no sense.

PIS from Harley fans. IMHO she really isn't that interesting on her own so writers tag her up with other random characters that she has no chemistry with, or force chemistry, which is even worse. TBH, I'm not even a fan of the Harley/Ivy ship either even though I've read some decent fics that pushed it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: Sounds solid. True you can do what you want with fan-fic but there has to be more reason then 'I want it to happen so it will'

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why is everyone obsessed with 'rescuing' Hardly from the Joker. Sure she's a victim who deserves better but there seems an entire army of men trying to save her. It makes no sense.

Personally, I just liked the idea of putting a "jester" and a "harlequin" together. It's even kind of appropriate, since the Joker's kind of a jester anyway.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: That's fine Joker/Harley go together but with other people it just seems weird.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: <shrugs> I think Harley only goes with Joker because that's where she was introduced. I don't think she makes much sense with him...or with Ivy and Catwoman, for that matter.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@cbishop: So she could be an independent force? Isn't she soloing at the moment?

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: I doubt it will last. She has a decent fanbase but she's no Deadpool. By that I mean her main feature is comedy but she doesn't have enough powers to stay relevant (especially since New52 neutered her powers).

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ImpurestCheese
dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By dngn4774

@impurestcheese: I guess the better word would be abilities considering most of the changes apply to her reduced strength, speed and durability. I'm not much of an expert on Harley Quinn, but I've read most of Suicide Squad and her abilities are garbage compared to what she used to be able to do.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774: @impurestcheese: dngn4774 would know more about her than I do. I wasn't necessarily suggesting that she'd be good as a solo character; just that I don't think she's necessarily all that great with Joker or the Gotham Girls.

4donkeyjohnson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By 4donkeyjohnson

@princemarvel: You should create them, write a story and see where it goes

Veshark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

We've had Batman, we've had Man-Bat, so now let's have Bat-Man-Bat.

He's one of Talia's Man-Bat ninjas who decided to rebel against the League of Assassins, joining Batman Inc as a Man-Bat dressed in a Batman costume. But the formula inside him begins to breakdown, turning him berserk, and now he's a villain for Bats. Kinda like a Bizarro version of Batman.

Batman-Bat, a villain for the ages.

Dr_Harlequin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Dr_Harlequin

@cbishop: Why don't you like Harley/Ivy?

The Harley hate is strong in this thread...I'm not complaining or anything.

:p

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_harlequin: I should really reclarify. I don't hate Harley. I think HQ is a cool character, even enjoyable. The interactions between her and Joker are funny and terrifying and odd, and the Harley/ Gotham Girls stuff is well written too, but...it just doesn't feel right.

It's completely believable that HQ would have the hots for the Joker, because that's what she was created to be after all. I find it completely unbelievable that the Joker would reciprocate in any way. He's completely obsessed with Batman, and HQ irritates him. He routinely kills whoever irritates him, and he would have done that to Harley a long time ago.

So okay, Ivy (and sometimes Catwoman) ID'd the Joker/Harley relationship as abusive to HQ, and cared enough to get Harley away from him. DC has worked hard on those relationships along the way, but have alternately written them as just crazy girlfriends, and at other times strongly implying that they are lovers (but of course never outright saying- apparently, they can only do that with Batwoman and Montoya). I think it's completely plausible that someone of Harley's psychosis could be free enough to find herself interested in both sexes, but probably to the most manipulative ends possible. Ivy though, while highly seductive, is usually only seductive of men, and then to murderous ends. Her passion is for plants, not people- I find it unlikely that she's actually interested in either sex, much less in having an ongoing relationship (or even friendship) with anyone. Especially someone as high maintenance as Harley.

Catwoman just seems like an add-on to Harley/Ivy, because that duo was becoming so popular with fans. My impression of the modern Catwoman has always been that she finds Joker too danged crazy to deal with, and I don't see why she'd make an exception for Harley (or Ivy). Her relationship with the Birds of Prey makes more sense than this (not that the BoP relationship makes much sense either). But then, Catwoman was allowed into the JLA recently, and that danged well makes no sense.

PrinceMarvel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dngn4774 said:

@princemarvel: Ever hear of the Creeper from the old batman cartoons

No Caption Provided

Also, Jestin isn't a real name.

Actually, I have a friend named Jestin, which is where I came up with the name, It's pronounced just like Justin, just with an 'e' instead of a 'u'.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers