Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Guardiandevil83
No Caption Provided

Somewhere In The Bronx:

Monster hunting was a waiting game. And Elsa Bloodstone hated having to wait for anything. She'd had to wait until school was out in order to get home and then go out with her friends. She had to wait until after her homework and chores were done before her mum would even allow her anywhere near a phone.

Now she had to wait for the three bloodsuckers she tailed to actually make a move.

She couldn't or at least wouldn't attack them without probable cause; on the off chance that they could be the good kind of monster. Rare of course. But it did happen. Some of her better friends were vampires. So far this lot seemed content simply to banter and stroll the avenue. No signs of malicious intent. But, then again New York City was a big place. And the night was still very young.

"C'mon... C'mon, give me something. A snarl or something yeah?" Elsa moaned. It wasn't that she wanted anyone hurt, or dead for that matter. But, she was a young woman, and after spending hours bounding across a New York skyline on a Friday, well, she really was in need of some pay off.

They didn't seem hungry. And vampires were always hungry. She'd had a conversation with Jubilee of the famed X-Men once, who told her that it was like a constant itch. One that never actually went away, even after scratching it. "You kinda' just get used to it." was the only explanation Jubilee could give her about how she kept the thirst at bay. Elsa told her that she would have been driven to a homicidal rage then, if that were the case. Jubilee responded with, "That's why I paint."

Both women laughed.

Thoughts crept themselves from the rear to the forefront of Elsa's mind. What if they had already fed? What if, before she had spotted them, they had already taken their first victim or victims? There was three of them after all. And they were young. The young ones always fed more than they actually needed to. But, she couldn't just kill them due to a 'what if.' She needed concrete proof that the young men below her feet were actually dangerous, and not merely guilty by association.

Elsa may kill willingly, but she wasn't a murderer.

There was a difference. At least, in Elsa's point of view. Even Captain America killed when necessary. But the Punisher was a murderer.

No Caption Provided

"You guys wanna head to Coney or something? It's boring as shit!" One of the young vampire whined. He wore a green hoodie, blue jeans, and matching green running shoes.

"Yeah. I'm bored as hell too." Answered another, larger vamp.

"Maybe we should keep it this way. If it were up to you two, we would drain everything in sight."

"And if it were up to you Mike, only times me and Chris would ever eat, is when our prey was old and brittle!" Shouted green hoodie. His pale hands closed tightly into fist.

"Because the older ones die quickly and silently. Remember what our Maker said, Jeffrey. We have to choose our victims wisely." Mike explained. Mike was leaner than the other two bloodsuckers, not as large as Chris, but still physically impressive. He wore a black fitted cap, black shirt, and navy blue Levi's. Noticing the aggressive action taken by his friend, he stepped directly in front of Jeffrey. Making sure their eye's met. "Unless, you have a problem with my leadership?"

Chris. The largest of the three, stood to the side and watched both curiously. Almost as if he couldn't decide who to side with. Obviously Mike was the one in charge, but the seat of power swayed. Which was often the case with positions of leadership. That was the problem with being on top. It was only a matter of time before a challenge came calling. Then, you either fought for your spot or gave it up.

"Look, all I'm saying, is that it would be nice to eat someone hot from time to time." Said Jeffrey, his aggression melted away by Mikes stare down.

"And all I'm saying, Jeff, is that we stick to what we've been doing. Unless you want Spider-Man or someone worse coming after our asses."

"Maybe we should take a vote."

"I honestly don't care," chimed in Chris. Both vampire turned their gaze to the third of their hunting party. Almost as if they had forgotten he was even there. "I'm just hungry."

"See, Mike? Chris say's he's hungry." Said Jeffrey, placing both his hands into his jean pockets with a sigh. "And I'm bored and hungry."

"Alright, fine. Let's find someone to eat. But, we gotta be smart about it. Okay you two?"

"Sure." Said Jeffery with an over eager smile on his lips. Like a child being told that they could choose one toy.

Whatever." Answered a bored Chris.

"And, here. We. Go." Whispered Elsa from her hiding spot on the roof of a small, grey building. She then removed a large black, axe that lay in a scabbard slung over her left shoulder. "Let's get this party star.."

Vrooooom!!

The roar of an engine cut through the night. Cutting off her thoughts, and startling hunter and vampire alike. Any civilians in the area seemed to recognize the vehicle. Either staring before shuffling off, or simply opting to go the route of the latter. Elsa saw the car and frowned. She knew who it belonged to and what that meant for her. Her hunt was about to be wasted. "Aww, bollocks!"

No Caption Provided

Stepping out of the drivers side after stopping directly in front of the three undead men, Eric Brooks emerged. In his arms, a large, gun like contraption far too heavy to be used by a normal man.

"Hey, Mike," began Jeffrey, a twisted smile on his face. "Looks like dinner was delivered."

"Finally!" Exclaimed Chris. It was the most excited Elsa had seen him since she started following the three. Had he been able to perspire she'd imagine the white shirt he wore would be drenched.

"Hope you boy's like it hot!" Said Eric. Lining the shot of his freakishly large weapon. "Hot and steaming."

Chris and Jeffrey moved in for the kill. No doubt a successful venture, had they been attacking a normal man. But the large ebony warrior in their crosshairs was anything but.

"No! guys, wait! I think that's the Daywa-" Mikes words were cut short, taken over by the screams of his friends as they were engulfed in flame. "Oh, god!" The young vampire squealed in fear. His legs now unable to move as all he could do was stare at the spot his friends stood earlier. Now, replaced by smoldering ashes. "Oh, god, oh, god!"

Looking at the last of his quarry, Eric dropped the large flame shooter on the sidewalk. Allowing it to crash upon the ashes of his two would be attackers. His lips curled into the same, blood lusted smile, Mike remembered Jeffrey wearing the night they'd taken their first victim.

"God, uh?" Eric said darkly. "I'm afraid, he can't help you now."

Elsa could only watch as the large, bald, leather clad man, decapitated her prey with one fluid stroke. Fuming with anger, the young warrior threw herself from the rooftop. Allowing herself a small roar. Landing gracefully in front of her newest target. Eric Brooks, the man called Blade.

"Just what in the bloody hell, do you think you're doing?!"

To be continued.

Edited.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@guardiandevil83: Cool story. A few punctuation fixes needed, but only two word fixes that I noticed (and they look like autocorrect issues):

You scratch and itch, not an inch.

When you sweat, you perspire, not transpire.

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cbishop: I knew for a fact transpire was wrong but didn't have time to change it.

Okay... I was too lazy too ?

As for the inch. Didn't even notice will edit after work.

Thanks for the read. I gotta check out Tartarus High. I read a bit and got a Percy Jackson vibe.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#4  Edited By cbishop

@guardiandevil83: Wildvine said that during the contest it was in too. I've only ever read a PJ fic here on CV; that's all I know of the character.