Agent Jennifer Bryan: An Assassin in Taipei

mrmonster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mrmonster

8:27 AM, suspect on the move.” I said into my recording device.

After spending two weeks in Taipei, Taiwan, tracking the whereabouts of a Taiwanese congressman believed to have connections to a powerful Taiwanese triad, I couldn’t have been more bored. So far, he’d done nothing out of the ordinary.

But then, right as he was leaving his apartment building, a man emerged from a car parked on the street and shot him multiple times with a silenced handgun.

“Shit!” I said to myself. First, I quickly used the camera embedded in my sunglasses to get a picture of the attacker. Then, I ran out of my stakeout spot to confront the assassin.

As he was trying to get away, I ran up to him and kicked him in the back. He fell and dropped his gun. He then reached into his pocket and pulled out a switchblade. But before he could use it on me, I fired a quick shot of pepper spray into his eyes from a hidden canister embedded in my lipstick. It wasn’t enough to disable him, but it was definitely enough to make him fight sloppy.

He tried slashing me with the knife, but I repeatedly parried it away. Then, once I got a good opening, I hit him across the face with a powerful elbow strike.

He stumbled back, and then turned with a lighting fast stab that I barely blocked. It cut my arms pretty bad, but a cut-up arm is a lot better than a cut-up face.

I then backed up, and started going on the defensive. If he got in too close, I'd create distance using side kicks.

Moments later, we heard people coming, so the mysterious assassin threw a flash bang onto the ground and made a quick escape.

I got a call from my handler shortly after.

“We IDed the guy from the photos.” He said. “His name is Chen Li, and he’s an agent of China’s Ministry of State Security.”

"I know you're not gonna like this, but I'm putting you under orders not to engage him." My handler said. "He's one of the world's most feared assassins. You’re lucky to even be alive right now, I doubt you’ll be so lucky a second time."

"Understood." I replied. However, I had no plans on following those orders. If he was so dangerous, I knew I had to find him before he could hurt anyone else. So I planned to use the tracking device I stealthily implanted on him during the fight to find him.

______

I tracked him down to a fish market. As I was looking for the specific building he might have been in, until I felt a firm knife pressed against my hip.

“Don’t move.” someone whispered.

I considered obeying him. But then I realized that doing so would probably get me killed. So instead, I stepped back and drove my elbow right into his stomach.

He tried to stab me, but I parried his arm, and then started running away. Unfortunately, just a few moments later, I was surrounded by four guys, and they captured me.

Next thing I knew, I was in the back of a van, and there was a chloroform rag against my face.

______

I woke up chained to a wall.

"Good afternoon." He said.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"Honey, you're more than I could ever want." He said. "Our plan will go so much better, knowing we have a CIA agent we can blame for everything."

"You see, by the end of the day, Taiwan's government will be in ruins. We were gonna blame it on the triads, but blaming it on the CIA will be so much better. And by tomorrow, the Ministry of State Security's plans will be set in motion to reduce Taiwan to a puppet state."

It sounded like a good plan. But there’s one slight thing he didn’t account for; the fact that I had a hidden pin in my sleeve, one with a strong acid that could melt through chains.

The moment I was free, I dove right for him. Before he could even scream, I had him in a chokehold. Once I was sure he was unconscious and couldn’t cause anymore trouble, I frisked him for weapons. I found a 9mm in his side pocket; it wasn’t ideal, but it would do. I also found the agent's phone, which I took.

I left the room we were in to find myself in a fish packaging warehouse. Once I was seen, someone shouted “SHE”S FREE, GET HER!” in Mandarin, so I started shooting. They retreated, and I dashed towards the front exit. I didn’t stop running until I was at least a block or two away.

I checked the phone, and found their plans in an open text chain. Thankfully, I could read Mandarin as well as speak it. It revealed that Chen Li was planning to kill the Taiwanese President from an office building overlooking the Taiwanese Capital.

And he was planning to do it within the hour, so I knew I had to act quick. I ran to the building, and raced up the stairs to find the room he was using on the fifth floor.

And then, I found him. Sitting at a windowsill, with a rifle that looked like it could make a shot from a mile away. And he looked like he was about to fire.

I ran up behind him, and before he could even react, I slammed my fist into the back of his head. From there, I put him in a rear naked choke.

He pulled me over his shoulder and body slammed me to the ground. From there, he started punching me. I retracted my legs to cover my torso, and then pushed him away with a powerful kick.

I then shot in for a double leg takedown. Once I had control over his legs, I hoisted him over the windowsill, and dropped him out, watching as he plummeted to his death from five stories up.

______

Shortly after the fight, I got a call from my handler.

"Taiwanese authorities have apprehended the spies working out of the fish plant." He explained. "Congratulations Jennifer, you've single handedly undone a six year operation by the Chinese government to ruin Taiwan."

"Does this mean I'm not in trouble for disobeying you?" I asked.

"Yes." He said. "I'm sorry I doubted you, your instincts saved a whole country today."

"Unfortunately, you don't have long to celebrate. The president wants you in Bogota by tomorrow. We’ve intercepted reports that a Venezuelan cocaine boss is planning something big in Colombia.”

"I'm on my way to the airport right now."

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@mrmonster: embedded, not impeded, unconcious, not conscious, and there was something else, but I forget. The Chen Li story put this in more perspective, and makes AJB out to be even more badass. :)