Afro Man!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By Decoy Elite

A couple is about to be robbed and no one seems to care. This kind of thing happens all the time in Chicago, especially in a neighborhood like this one. But there is one man who cares. His voice echoes down to the alley below. “Don’t worry nothing to fear!”  He said in a strange, nearly singing voice. “Because Afro Man is here!” A single figure drops from the roof of a nearby apartment.  A tall, lanky man black man, clad in a strange outfit. His strange uniform consist of a old jacket and baggy grey sweat pants. He wears a small domino mask over his eyes and a large Chinese farmer’s hat on his head. Close up his muscles can be seen, and even with his hat his huge afro is easy to see. He glares at the gang of thugs that had been attempting to rob some poor pedestrians. One of the thugs finally decides to attack, he swings at the man with a baseball bat. The man reacts quickly blocking the bat with his own weapon, a hula hoop. Before the thug can even react   to the sight of such a strange weapon,  the man slams it into his face. The man begins to make short work of the thugs, disarming most of them with his hula hoop. He throws the hula hoop into the air and faces of against the thugs in hand to hand combat. The thugs don’t stand a chance. The man is clearly stronger and a better fighter, he takes down the thugs before his hula hoop reaches the ground. The man catches the hoop and grins. As the thugs began to run away, one gains to courage to ask the question they’ve all been wondering. “Who the hell are you!?” The thug ask. The man nodes to himself.  “The name is Afro Man and I’ve got more afro than you can understand!” He says in his strange singing voice.

The Origins of Afro Man!

Bradick Brown is Afro Man, a small time Chicago vigilante known for his large afro. His enemy Baron Bald is known as a physically weak criminal mastermind. But Bradick isn’t fighting Baron Bald, he’s fighting The Pimp and he’s losing badly. It was really on a matter of time, Bradick didn’t have any powers and he was only an average fighter. He didn’t stand a chance against someone like The Pimp, someone with super strength and supreme fighting skills. The Pimp had this fight won. He slammed Bradick to the ground with his signature weapon, a large golden cane with a giant slap hand on the end. The Pimp grinned. “You lose old man.” He said as he slammed the hand of his cane into Bradick’s stomach. Bradick died instantly.

A few days later, Jacob Brown, Bradick Brown’s son, had a mental breakdown. He fled to the wilderness of northern China. There, he met the monks of afro.   Jacob was surprised on two fronts, firstly that there were any monks of afro and secondly that all the monks were bald. The monks explained that they guarded the strange Afro Force, which could give someone unheard of strength and speed. Jacob stayed with the monks for 5 years, he trained with them and mastered the power of the hula hoop, even though it was a prank weapon and it shouldn’t have worked in a real fight. Anyway, one day Jacob was chosen to become the holder of the power of the Afro Force. The Afro Force gave Jacob great power but was hard to control, thus the monks gave him an ancient artifact to control his afro, a Chinese famer’s hat. With his new power Jacob asked to go back to the U.S to fight evil. The head monk agreed and helped transport Jacob to the Chicago. There Jacob took on the mantle of Afro Man in honor of his deceased father.

warlock360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By warlock360

... this made me laugh so hard... xDDD nice really nice!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

I'm actually thinking of introducing him and The Pimp as Comic Vine characters.

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By Constantine

lol nice stuff

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#5  Edited By cbishop

@decoy_elite: This is great. Especially his tagline:

“The name is Afro Man and I’ve got more afro than you can understand!”

Awesome. :)

@batkevin74; @joshmightbe: This is from nearly 4 years ago...if Decoy Elite is amiable to the idea, I'm lobbying for Afro Man to make a cameo in A.A.R.S.S. :)

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#6  Edited By batkevin74

@decoy_elite:

@cbishop said:

@decoy_elite: This is great. Especially his tagline:

“The name is Afro Man and I’ve got more afro than you can understand!”

Awesome. :)

@batkevin74; @joshmightbe: This is from nearly 4 years ago...if Decoy Elite is amiable to the idea, I'm lobbying for Afro Man to make a cameo in A.A.R.S.S. :)

Ha ha ha he's excellent! Nice "archaeological" find! If it fits in with A.A.R.S.S then we'd love to have Afro Man onboard