A Game of Princesses 8

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#1  Edited By wildvine  Moderator

My apologies. I accidently skipped half of the last chapter. This will be chapter 8 from now on. At least here on CV

Previously [6]

Full series [to date] here

The People's Princess 2-2

Rogueport Plaza

The walk back to Podley's could have been more awkward, theoretically anyway. Bowsette's hair was a mess, she had a sheet tied around her body in a half-ass dress, she smelled like a sewer and she was barefoot. She needed a shower, another set of clothes and some time to plan. She could go back to the hideout and stomp Ishnail and his goons into paste, however she wanted to make his fall bigger. A public display of her strength and a message to the rival Pianta Syndicate.

After a long and very hot shower she returned to her room to find her black dress cleaned, and waiting for her. The timing was coincidental and Podley had been absent when she got back, yet she suspected he everything that had happened and had arranged dry cleaning pick-up. That and the pair of sneakers that she didn't buy. She would have to leave him a very nice tip before she left town.

No sooner had she left her room when her stomach gave a growl in a most unlady-like fashion. "I hope that place Podley told me about has something to eat." She grumbled. Normally she, as the former Bowser, would wake up to a huge breakfast. This thought was followed by a surprising feeling of loneliness. It was quiet without all the minions tripping over themselves around him- er, her. This thought led to thoughts of Junior, who she had only seen yesterday, but she already missed him. Now feeling melancholy as well as hungry and grumpy.

Westside Goods was like a well-kept thrift store. Neat and tidy, but with a very eclectic selection of goods. Unfortunately there wasn't much to eat, unless you were hungry for dried mushrooms.

A hand-written sign advertised daily fresh Whacka Bumps, but they seemed to have sold out. She finally settled on the juicy-looking Keel Mango. Not really what she was craving, but it would serve for now.

"Welcome to Westside Goods, the nicest tourist place in all Rogueport." A bluish boo wearing white rabbit ears and a pink bow-tie greeted Bowsette. "Don't tell old Mr. Podley I said that," she added with a smirk, "Though something tells me you aren't looking here for souvenirs."

"Breakfast first. Playing tourist later." Bowsette agreed, another rumble in her stomach confirming her priorities. "How much for the fruit?"

"For you, hon? Three coins. A full coin less than the Toad Bros Bazaar." She smiled smugly.

"Awfully generous of you." Bowsette replied, dropping currency for two Keel Mangos into Peeka's... Boo-flap-hand-thing. "Actually, I might take a few things off yours hands." She said, looking over the seemingly random assortment of items. Mushrooms… she was tall enough. Fire Flowers… she could breathe fire. Sleepy Sheep… that could be useful. The Bowser mask got a chuckle out of her. Then she saw it. A Thunderbolt. "I'll take all these, and another one of those mangos."

Peeka moved to the register before she changed her mind. This was the most business the store had seen all week. Though it was nothing compared to the flurry of activity about to happen...

The door to the hideout was knocked off its hinges with a crash. An unconscious bandit was laid out on top of it. Before anyone could even react a volley of sheep dolls were tossed in. The effect was immediate with the closest henchmen dropping like flies, completely asleep. Ishnail jumped through the window, sending glass flying, the few henchmen not affected following suit. "Them damned Piantas did it now. They're dead, and this town with it!" But it wasn't the Pianta Syndicate waiting in the center of town like a gunslinger. "Getting real sick of killing you." He growled at Bowsette motioning for his gang to attack. That was when she used her second item.

Donning a magic mask designed off her former face was surreal to say the least. The effect however, was immediate and delightful. The intimidation magic was strong, and the lesser goons ran back the way they came in a blind panic, just in time for the bombs Bowsette has set to go off, leveling the Eastside. An extreme measure, to be sure, but also very cinematic. That part of town was a hole anyway, nothing of value was lost. Best of all it brought the townspeople out. She had the stage, the audience and the script. Now it was just a matter of ending act three. There would need to be an act four, however that would play out behind curtains, to overly push a metaphor. His hideout was in rubble, his closest goons were gone and his power was slipping away.

Somehow he still managed to hold onto his annoying ego. "Who the hell are you anyway, and why couldn't ya leave Rogueport alone?" That's what it sounded like anyway. Her ears were still ringing a bit from the explosion. She may have overdone it with the bombs just a touch.

"My name is Bowsette. I'm a traveling hero, and defender of the people." She smiled in what she hoped was a charming way for her audience. "How could I leave a place so full of potential with a disease like you?" Snarling at the insult, Ishnail used his trump card, pulling out a Banana Gun. Unfortunately Bowsette's secret weapon was better. Pulling her last item from behind her back, the bolt of electricity shot from her hand with a boom of ripping air, hitting the snail full force, blasting him into the rubble that was the Eastside. The final defeat was still to come though. It was the mounting sound of people clapping behind her.

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

#2 wildvine  Moderator

@cbishop Please remove the current chapter 8 link. That chapter has been deleted. Thanks.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

User Lists: 1068

FicOPedia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 222