5th Column Comics: Wind Duster #8

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Indigo City, 9:57 AM, 2 Hours after last issue.

The man with the golden mask walks calmly down the sidewalk, passersby don't seem to notice him... or the clothes he's wearing. Something is clearly wrong with him, the Assassin I'm hunting is still out there somewhere, for all I know he could be watching me right now, watching me stand on top of this rooftop... watching ME watch the world go by.... for a moment I glance around for the monster I'm seeking, and I hope to god he isn't seeking me. The Golden Mask is wearing a large overcoat, a fedora and is carrying a large briefcase in his gloved hand. He steps past the Security guy and the Guard doesn't even flinch at him. Only Psychopaths like me dress up in strange clothes like that. Shrugging I turn towards the 5 cans stacked atop of each other behind me, the aim of the game is to be precise. With a quick slash of wind I knock the top can off before quickly teleporting my hand to catch it, another slash and the middle two go flying. Almost as quickly I teleport both my hands and grab the cans in mid-air before slamming them both to the ground. One can remains.

"Precise indeed..." I mutter as my foot smashes into the can's side sending it sailing over the rooftops. Quietly I teleport down into the alleyway directly below. My casual clothes have been replaced by my more... athletic costume, granted it won't help me blend in... but it'll make me feel better. Of course a hood has been attached to the damn thing and I have a small Domino mask covering my eyes just in case someone gets a bit too close to see my cheekbones. Calmly and casually I jog across the road getting one or two strange looks from the normal folks walking past. The Security Guard from earlier frowns at me, looks like he's noticed MY costume.

"Can I help you?" He asks me, the polite way of telling me to go away.

"Uh... yeah." I mutter, that's when I wonder how the guy with the mask was able to get through. "I'm here t-"

"Aren't you that Wind Duster guy?"

Well no sh!t.

"Sure am!" I respond, a grin appears across the guy's lips. "Took you long enough!" That seemed kinda rude.

"Sorry man. Didn't recognize you with the new outfit and all." He nods at my red and orange costume. The cape makes me feel awkward and the onesie is a bit much... "You need to find ONE look and stick with it! Otherwise no one is going to know who you are!"

"I hear that!" I try to step past however his arm blocks the way. He stares down at me before pushing me back a step. "Sorry man, no Carriers. It's the rules."

"No Carriers?"I repeat. "But what about the Mask guy that j-"

"Excuse me." The Golden Mask shoves past the two of us causing me to almost stumble to the ground, his briefcase is being held carefully in his hands, probably filled to the brim with money. And somehow he got it without any screaming or shouting.

"Excuse ME." I mutter to the guard before turning to follow the Mask guy. The Security Guard yells something at me but I'm too busy jogging to hear it, it's 10:00 AM in the morning. Rush Hour time... but somehow Golden Mask has made it a few feet down the street as if the entire crowd of people has parted out of the way for him. "HEY!" I teleport next to him causing him to look at me in surprise. "Don't you k-"His jab to my mouth interrupts my one liner. Whether or not that's a good thing depends on your own opinion. I clutch my teeth in pain before backing away from him. "Okay...." I mutter as I lean against a car. "Ow." Golden Mask tears his mask from his face, his head is completely normal with almost nothing distinguishable about it.

"Go take a walk." He orders, every single person nearby (even the ones driving) stop what they're doing and start walking in the same direction.

"Not another one..." This is the third Carrier I've met in like... four days! And the other two have BOTH kicked my ass! I swear if I lose against this guy I'm going to have to go to the Gym or something and start working out.

"You're not obeying me?" Maskless asks, he seems confused. "Abnormal." He comments.

"Didn't know if you noticed Pal..." Blood's still dripping from my mouth. "...but abNORMAL seems to be pretty normal around here!" He raises the briefcase in the air in an attempt to smash it into my face, not wanting to suffer permanent brain damage I teleport my hand to his wrist and twist it quickly. In case you couldn't tell I was trying to snap it, instead of snapping it the wrist twist does nothing and the briefcase ends up hitting the side of my head anyway.

"Not the best Superhero out there." Oh good, I'm getting criticism. He looks down at me, all dazed looking and wondering what he's saying... he turns to leave only for me to only do SOMETHING right. I smash him in the chest with a blast of wind sending him flying into one of the semi parked cars nearby. I catch the briefcase before it hits the ground and slowly stand up, using the Case as a loose crutch. Carefully I pwop a few of the notes into my pocket before teleporting the case to one of the Bank Tellers.

"Keep it safe." I tell her. She stares at me in surprise before I step back to where I left Maskless. He's still on top of the Car, but he's not groaning as much as a normal person would. There's a chance he might be Super Durable or whatever the kids are calling it these days... it's better to not take the chance. As Snipes would say, "Better safe then sorry..." Not the most creative line ever... but it works. Best not to waste any time in case he wakes up, quickly I teleport Maskless inside one of the cars before surrounding the thing with other vehicles. About 1 on top, two on each side, 1 at the back and another at the front. Luckily Maskless is still unconscious and the sound of sirens can be heard in the background. That's when I realize why his powers of speech didn't work on me.

I guess Superhearing is slightly useful after all! Before I can teleport away from the Crime Scene my Cell Phone vibrates in my pocket, quickly I pull it out and check the screen, no idea who the Caller is... but somehow they've got my number. And judging from the message they know who I am.

WIND DUSTER.

MEET ME AT INDIGO.

WILL EXPLAIN EVERYTHING.

There's a lot of things that need explaining in my life at the moment... the Sirens are right around the corner now. So I quickly teleport back into my normal clothing before walking slowly down the street. People shoving past and trying to find out what the hell happened to their cars....

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Yeah because that's how people will recognise you, your cheekbones, not because yyou can fly and stuff!!

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese

Cheekbones are pretty risky business! Almost anyone can see them!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: I have visable cheekbones but only because I'm a little gaunt at the moment

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eh, I realize that the dialogue-in-bold thing is done in RPG all the time, but 1) You haven't done that in previous chapters 2) Due to years of reading comics, it makes it seem like your characters are yelling...especially since you didn't do this in previous chapters, and 3) It's better left for emphasizing certain things, for "yelling," or more effects-type stuff, like your phone message near the end.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: When I was writing this issue up I looked at it and it all looked like a big block of text. Hurt my eyes.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Bumped. And another mystery is added to the pile. Great chapter though, loved the golden mask guy