5th Column Comics: Wind Duster #2

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

Indigo City, 20 Minutes after the Last issue.

"So... dad. How does it feel?"

Like a piece of crap.

"Feels great honey."

Daisy's spent the last 18 minutes tearing through my... 'wardrobe'. It took her that long to realize I don't have anything that remotely goes with the black and "sigh" blue colour scheme of my costume. So with no other option she tore my beige coat's hood off and attached it to my costume's neck. She's pretty good with this type of thing really.

There's just one thing I can't get my head round. "What's with the toilet paper?" I ask. Daisy used up about five rolls of toilet paper and stuffed it down my shirt... which sounds kinda weird by the way I'm describing it... but I'm sure it'll make sense when she gets around to explaining it.

"You're not very muscular." She says. I guess it won't. "You're not going to look brave or heroic to ANYONE like..." She points at my slender frame. "...well that. Stuffing paper down your shirt makes it look like you have abs."

That's a fair point... I pull my head up over my head and place the tiny domino mask over my eyes. As long as the cameras don't get a solid, full on look at my face (without the hood on) I should be fine.

"What are you doing?" Daisy asks as I open my window. I could just teleport... but that looks less cool. That's how sad I am... I'm trying to impress 6 year old girl who has more common sense then I do.

"I'm going to fight some crime."

Across the street...

Well crime fighting's an ordeal. Ten minutes have gone by and nothing's happened. Turns out Superhero Movies are full of bullsh!t and most of the time whenever a hero goes on patrol there is in fact... NOTHING happening. I'm thinking of this first patrol like a serial killer thinks of his first victim... and that sounds weird. Anyway I'm sticking to the area around my house just in case I get hurt or something happens.

"HELP!" A voice screeches causing me to jump out of my skin. The shriek's so loud the person has to be nearby... problem is my super hearing's freaking out. That loud scream caught me by surprise... and now I feel like a flashbang's gone off right by my face. That's right, I have super hearing. One of the worst powers imaginable and also the one I have the least control over. Imagine being woken up at two in the morning because your next door neighbour's in the middle of violent intercourse with his wife. That's happened twice to me in the last week.

Anyway, back to business! With a ringing in my ears I stumble around trying to pinpoint the EXACT location where this idiot's screaming for help. After a couple of ear stinging seconds I find the place and teleport to the alleyway below... and stumble into a couple of bins. Superhearing... yay. Anyway, why an alleyway? Because I watch TV... and apparently so does the asshole who has his knife pressed up against some girl's neck.

"Hey!" I shout. The man glances in my direction. "Let her go asshole!" The guy pushes the girl to the ground before turning towards me. He has scruffy, brownish hair and looks like he's spent the last month in a sauna. He looks at my costume for a second before pointing his knife towards me.

"Who the f#ck are you supposed to be?!" He yells angrily. He starts to walk towards me slowly. "Some kinda freak?!" It takes me a second to realize what he's asking... Crap. Is he expecting me to come up with a name? As in... a Codename, Superhero name, secret identity, Etc? Oh god... what sounds cool?

"How about... Wind Dancer?"

That sounds stupid. The guy opens his mouth to speak... probably to insult me. I decide I'm not in the mood for it. With a wave of my hand I send a quick blast of wind straight into the asshole's chin, catching him by surprise. Looks like he didn't expect a Carrier... or if he did... he had no idea what my power was. I let the winds hover him in the for a second... before slamming him down into the ground. I think his leg breaks... which looks pretty painful. "Did it hurt?" I ask.

His groan of pain is a good enough answer. I look down at him, his eyes are closed and he looks unconscious. Problem is... he might NOT be down for the count. Best to leave him. I teleport over to the woman and offer her my hand. She's been through a stressful experience... I'd better think of something clever to say.

"...you alright?" I ask as she stands up. She's shivering and I can see the marks from where the asshole pushed his knife against her neck... looks like he ripped her dress too.

"Are... are you a-" She starts to ask.

"Superhero? Hell yeah!"

"No. A Carrier."

Crap. Ignore the question and come up with something else. I remember the unconscious guy.

"Do you have a phone?" I ask. "Might wanna call the cops on this guy... or maybe an Ambulance." She nods and picks her bag up from the floor. "Or both."

"What... what did you say your name was?" She asks. Her fingers dancing around the phone's keypad as she dials the number in.

"You can call me..." Oh god not again. She didn't hear what I called myself... I've got another chance to come up with a cool name for myself. "Wind Duster."

That was my one chance...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

Hmm an interesting continuation, must remember to get him on the hunting list

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Interesting story here, I'm happy you're sort of portrayed superheroes in a more realistic way.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By TommytheHitman

@spideyivydaredevilfan26

Yeah. I was hoping to make it REALLY REALLY realistic as in when he gets punched in the face a bunch of times he takes a few days off due to brain damage... but that would be annoying after awhile.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TommytheHitman

@impurestcheese

...Isn't she a Rich Billionaire Woman that does stuff involving Carriers and Blights? DNGN said he was having a discussion with you about writing her.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@tommythehitman: Oh Scahill, sorry it's been a long day. You should really ask Dngn about that more then me.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: I'm lost, where does the Heatseeker by dg fit in?

That's how sad I am... I'm trying to impress 6 year old girl who has more common sense then I do. ha ha!

I do like he's not sure nor happy with his code name, but edit the swearing to @ssho!e or similar

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74

The Heatseeker thing takes place 5 seconds after this.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74

Yeah this is pretty much the start of his first night of crime fighting. Heat Seeker's probably the 2nd or 3rd event of the evening and the start of it will be shown through Mark's point of view in the opening of the next chapter.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By TommytheHitman
Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: TORI

TORI

TORI

TORI

TORI

NOT TROI

NOT TROI

Sorry, you know how much it bothers me >_<

This comment is only regarding the comments on here so far. Reading the actual story now.

Avatar image for The_Deathstroker
The_Deathstroker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@tommythehitman: Annnnnnnnnd done.

I absolutely love your humor in your stories. I literally lol when I read them, great minds think alike.

This is tied for my favorite of the 5th Column with Josh's. Great stuff.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

@tommythehitman: Yeah, the swearing needs to be scaled back to symbols, as Batkev' pointed out, but on the plus side, your origin of the name has made me like it now. :)

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

@tommythehitman: Like others have said, the realism is great and so is the humor. Mark seems like a more relatable character now. This chapter gave him several moments to be cool and to completely embarass himself, things that most people struggle to balance in real life. Good job!

wildvine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 50

Well crime fighting's an ordeal. Ten minutes have gone by and nothing's happened. Turns out Superhero Movies are full of bullsh!t and most of the time whenever a hero goes on patrol there is in fact...

That's why I never became a costumed vigilante. Also, censor your language dude.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Bumped

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers