5th Column Comics: Wind Duster #10

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By TommytheHitman

"So." I say in the calmest and coolest voice possible. "Let's talk." Moore is sat on the other side of the room looking uncomfortable. "Who killed JFK?" He blinks at me in surprise.

"You do realize my theories aren't 100 Percent accurate, right?" He asks me. "They're just theories n-"

"You were able to pull my name out of the Millions of people that live... or LIVED in this city!" I point out. For a moment there I feel like an American version of Sherlock Holmes, which is weird since I'm not really doing any Detective Work. Just pointing out the obvious. "What caused the Great Impact?"

"Aliens, but... you ALWAYS operate in the same areas! People have seen most of your face!" ...god I freaking hate Domino Masks. "Hell... your energy signature that's created when you teleport is easily traceable!"

"Dad?!" Daisy calls from down the hallway. "Can I come out now?" She's still in my room... with Snipes. No wonder she wants to come out.

"Not just yet honey!" I yell. "Why are you trying to talk me out of trusting you?" I ask Moore.

"I'm NOT telling you to not trust me!" He's yelling at me. "I'm just trying to rem-" His nose twitches slightly. "What's that smell?"

"Vomit. On the floor next to me. Left by my friend, please continue."

He gags a little before clearing his throat and slowly carrying on.

"My.... my theories simply aren't 100% accurate. I was only able to GUESS who you are because I had a lot of evidence pointing that way."

"Okay..." I sigh before leaning back in my chair. "...so these Assassins... are you going to tell me about them or not?" He twitches with annoyance, must be stressful really... having thousands of theories but never knowing the full answer.

"Okay..." He says, his voice growing low. "These Assassins... the ones that targeted you a few nights ago... and that are also targeting me n-"

"Yeah, how did you escape that? Because to be honest you d-"

"Are you going to let me speak or not?!" He snaps. "They're coming after me because they know I can guess what the hell they're up too!" He sighs and wipes his forehead. "My theory is-" Before he can even finish his sentence the door to my apartment gets flung open and a man steps into the room. Before I can even process what I'm seeing the man reaches into his jacket's pocket and pulls out a gun, which I'm assuming is a Sub Machine Gun. A single shot is fired, the bullet tearing through Moore's neck. He seems just as surprised as me when the blood burst from the wound and he falls to the ground.

"Hmm." The Shooter stares down at me with an ounce of surprise in his eyes. He's wearing a large mask... similar to what Coal Miners would wear... but somehow more streamlined. He's not the same Assassin I encountered earlier... in fact he's around a foot taller. "They didn't tell me YOU'D be here."

"You f#cker!" I scream before lunging for the guy's legs. It's not the most effective way I could have attacked him... but to be honest my brain isn't thinking carefully or strategically. Instead it's in survival mode. His hand smashes into my chin and sends me tumbling back into my chair in a dazed state. Something tells me I've got the Vomit on my legs...

"I'm annoyed." The Shooter holsters his gun and switches to his Combat Knife. "Control's supposed to tell me about sh!t like this." I pluck myself up from the ground, my chin aching. The Shooter watches me... I summon a bit of wind as quickly as I can and send a huge gust of it smashing into his stomach, catching him by surprise. He stumbles backwards and smashes into my clothes wardrobe... like right through the door. Bits of wood sticking in his body and he doesn't even seem to notice. Before he can do anything else I send another blast into him, even more powerful then the first sending both him and the wardrobe smashing through the wall and tumbling into the hallway. Somehow the Wardrobe flips and ends up pinning the Assassin beneath its heavy weight.

"Dad?!" Daisy runs behind me, she looks terrified... I realize my body's shaking from the Adrenaline... and the fact that I've probably just pi$$ed this guy off. "What's going o-" She begins to ask.

"Oh, I see." The Shooter says from the hall, he places a hand on the wardrobe and pushes it off with ease. "You've been practicing..." He says as he pulls his helmet off and tosses it to the ground. One of the lenses is cracked. He pulls a wooden shard out of his wrist and lets it drop. "Fat load of good it'll do you. " His eyes begin to glow a bright, crimson red.

"Daisy... run." The Clever Girl does what I ask and sprints back towards my bedroom. As quickly as possible I teleport across the room and duck behind a chair, just as a blast of energy passes through where I'd been standing. I grab the closest thing I can find, in this case a piece of loose wood and teleport behind the Steroid Guzzling Psychopath that's trying to bash my brains in. The wood cracks over his head and he barely seems to notice it. He simply stares at me before gripping me by the shoulder and squeezing it as hard as he can. Fire shoots through my bones and I scream in pain. It's followed by his Combat Knife stabbing through my stomach.

"Good attempt." He lies, before plucking me up by the waist like I was an infant and tossing me across the room and through the plaster that separates my bedroom from the living room. Daisy's screams fill my ears, blood fills my eyes... and the Shooter isn't even finished yet. He towers above me and pulls his knife out of my chest and wiping the blood from it with a clean swipe. "Very good attempt." He continues. "But now I'm going to kick your teeth in."

"D...Daisy!" I yell, my daughter's horrified face stares at me. "Call the Pol-"

"My boss wants you to stay alive." The Shooter pulls a pistol from his pocket. "They didn't specify HOW you were supposed to live." He fires his weapon twice... pain shoots through my arms, Daisy screams again... the Assassin just laughs... and then I black out from the pain.

Pain is something I'm going to have to get used too.

I wake up in a fit... I feel like something a Dog just pooped out... I'm not in my Bedroom anymore. That's for sure. Instead I'm strapped to what seems to be a Hospital Bed... and in a room with a bright white light shining into my eyes.

"Mark Brooks..." A voice rings out. The light dims slightly but still I can't see where I am. "Sorry about the light." The man says. "But we have to make sure you're not going to teleport out of here the second you wake up."

"....how... how long was I out?" I ask.

"3 Weeks." He tells me. "It would have been longer but I pulled some strings for you. Combination of Alien Tech and your own natural Carrier healing." My brain begins to foggy up... and I begin to understand what he's saying. "We were lucky. Picked you up only a few minutes after your Attacker left. From what I heard you looked like a bloody pulp on the floor."

"Who are you?"

"My name is Pfeifer. I'm a High Ranking Member of the CBTF." Oh sh!t. "...and I'm here to give you a Job offer."

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Oooo nice chapter man! I can't wait to see what happened to his daughter!

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By cbishop

@tommythehitman: Ooooo, nice ending! The rest...man, he just keeps getting pelted with rocks up in that tree! lol

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719 Thanks! You'll find out what happened to Daisy... eventually... Nah I'm kidding! You'll find out next issue!

@cbishop There was no way Mark was winning this fight. He's going up against Carriers who are clearly above his level and consider him to be nothing more then an Annoyance. If you look at the 2 fights he's been in so far against these guys THIS fight was the one where he did the most damage... and in the end that didn't do anything in the slightest.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well he did hold his own pretty well against Lex Hard, although he did have The Quoll there as well to distract Lex. But I feel like Wind duster made a good showing of himself

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719

He definitely gets an A for Effort. I always like it in Comics when the Heroes are up against someone they can't possibly hope to defeat... and still try. Like that scene in the Ultimates where Captain America goes up against the Hulk.

Although Cap did a better job against the Hulk then Mark did against the Assassin.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@tommythehitman: Hmm I'll admit that Wind Duster has proven himself to be more Cockroach then even Daddy Wrong Legs (and he literally is a big old bug). This does prove a problem with my series though since Wind Duster won't have been exposed to 'the Rain'

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese

...Sorry?

I'm sorry if that's affected your story in any way.

But to be honest... you probably should have asked first so I could have tweaked it?

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By cbishop

@cbishop There was no way Mark was winning this fight. He's going up against Carriers who are clearly above his level and consider him to be nothing more then an Annoyance. If you look at the 2 fights he's been in so far against these guys THIS fight was the one where he did the most damage... and in the end that didn't do anything in the slightest.

Oh, I didn't expect him to win. There's a saying about writing: get your character up a tree, and then throw rocks at him. That's what I was referring to- you just keep pelting him and pelting him and pelting him, trying to make him fall out of that tree. lol ...He does seem to be getting a little bit better though.

So does the badguy in this chapter have an official name? You called him "Attacker" in the story, but "Assassin" in the comments. Both were capitalized, so I wasn't sure if you meant for that to be his name or not.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop

He is another one of those Assassins that Mark faced earlier, however I called him by a different name in the story just to differentiate him from the other Assassin that was shown earlier.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Meh I can just have rain pouring through an open window or someone with wet hands touch him. As long as he gets a bit wet he'll be okay

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By johnjo719

@tommythehitman: I'm curious as to how much better he'd fare with Lex's new power. I'm thinking he'd do pretty well now that there's no telekinesis being thrown around.

Wind Duster to me is a pretty cool character because there's so much he can do, potentially(well the way you've written him.) What's to stop him from gaining the ability to say, teleport someone's head from their shoulders?

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese

...Yeah but if it's happening to MY character I think I'd like to know beforehand.

@johnjo719

He probably COULD do that... but he's not really been given a reason to do it yet. I mean granted this guy was kicking his arse but to be honest I don't think Mark had time to think about using that.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Oh it's a little something...called saving his and everyone elses life

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: Nope its Self Preservation and a chance to stick a spanner in the plana of her employer

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@tommythehitman: Some random capitalisations through this like Combat Knife, which arn't really needed.

Other than that it's really good, and soon we may have Wind Duster: Agent of CBTF #1 which could prove hazardous to all. Wind Duster with full access and training of his powers could be a bit like a ninja version of Red Tornado except he isn't a robot...or is he...

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Bumped...

dngn4774

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 22

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@tommythehitman: Agreeing with Dngn. Goes from being hunted by assassin's to being strapped to a table by the CBTF