Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By RedHood13
No Caption Provided

SAMUEL AGBAJE

My laptop taunts me. The light spewing from the monitor practically burns a hole in to my cornea, and I let it. I stare at the lines upon lines of numbers, letters, and symbols. It’s amazing how putting such little things together can make something so big. Imagine what kind of events can take place when you put big things together. What happens in those rare scenarios? I’ve experienced this rarity first hand. No I’m not talking about the Avengers premiere junior year, which was amazing by the way, but I mean an event in 2013 at the beginning of my senior year of high school. 5 big things were put together and it resulted in many things, one of which the nightmares that have haunted me every night for the past month.

I wake up in the middle of the night and I code. The nightmares force me in to reality, and the only thing I can think to do in this reality is code. If I'm going to be up at 3:47 am I might as well spend my time wisely. I mean that’s what Neil DeGrasse Tyson would do. Right? Be efficient and not just stay in bed staring into space dwelling in the past.

No Caption Provided

Though who am I kidding. As I code I think about my dreams. I remember when those big things clashed. The big bang of Indigo Central High School, that goes un-talked about. A rag-tag group of kids used their newfound superpowers to kill a bunch of zombie looking things called Blights. I’ve relived that night so many times now that I can practically study it. The students we saved the night of The Great Impact didn’t talk about it to other people. If they did, they didn’t bring up names. After seeing what happened to those other Carriers I’m glad they didn't tell. I could be dead right now. Those…camps they put the Carriers through were like modern day Auschwitz.

Even though we avoided the camps, something doesn’t feel right. At every moment I feel like the CBTF will tear down my door and take me in to custody. I imagine a rough ride back to headquarters; bumping in to Gunner, Blake, Adri, and Ariana on the way there. I should change my middle name to Paranoia. These fears don’t just sprout out of me being endowed with basic telekinesis, picking up objects and moving em around, but also because of a theory I have.

When The Great Impact hit ICHS only five of those present became carriers. All the others were unaffected or became Blights. These 5 people were all equipped with some sort of telekinesis. Most people think of telekinesis has being able to move objects, but it can be much more powerful than that. Tons of powers that are classified separate from telekinesis could just be a unique form of it. I have the type of telekinesis you automatically think of when the word is said. I've deduced these things about each of our powers.

Blake Goodman - soccer and lacrosse superstar – showed signs of tactile telekinesis. When gifted with this form of telekinesis the user is entirely covered by an invisible field of telekinetic energy. This protects them from injury and enhances some physical abilities. Basically he’s the generic superhero with super strength and invulnerability, to a certain degree.

Raio - Main Protagonist of PSX
Raio - Main Protagonist of PSX

I believe Adri Kora, resident outcast of this cliché character club, has the ability of telekinetic flight and spatial awareness. The first is self-explanatory. She forms an invisible telekinetic field around herself and can manipulate her position, allowing her to fly. Spatial awareness is the ability to use your telekinesis as a sixth sense. No not to feel ghosts in the air, but be able to feel the vibrations of the earth. This allows her to locate where things are without needing to see them. Touching the ground seemed to help her locate things easier.

Gunner simply can create telekinetic blast. Forming telekinetic energy and launching it at someone or something, causing them to be forced back. Like those energy blasts in Phoenix Sphere X, but without color and episode long power ups like the “EmakEmahAh” and the “Soul Rocket”.

Ariana Mayweather could turn…invisible. If there was a god, it did this to make sure she didn’t distract me during the Blight battle. She’s so beautiful I probably would’ve unknowingly started to move her towards me, but I digress. If she has telekinetic abilities, then she is using them to bend light particles and make her self not visible to the human eye, including her own. During the battle she only used the ability on herself and small things she held, but who knows how much her powers have developed since then.

Full disclaimer, all of this research is based off of drowning in comic books, binge watching Heroes, and immersing myself in the super-powered corners of pop culture. So basically there’s not much validity to this and I sound like a younger version of Sam Jackson in Unbreakable. Despite this being pure speculation, I can’t take keeping this to myself anymore. I can’t talk to any of my friends. No one knows about this except for the others and the people we saved that day. So I do what I’ve wanted to do for a while. I reached them however I could, and I told them we needed to talk. We needed to talk about the nightmares, the theories, and the future. And, surprisingly enough, they all said yes.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check out the 5th Column Comics Library!!!

Also check out the prelude to this chapter here!!!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#3  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@redhood13: Hmm interesting, the last half seemed a little off, but mostly because it was more of a 'who's who of Kinetics'. It had to be done I understand, so it's a minor gripe at best.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good way of letting us know the powers and names of the members of the KK.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Nice! I'm looking forward to this series continuing

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Yeah this issue equalled exposition for the rest of the series. I think #2 will be more interesting, it being the first time all 5 of them meet in the series.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#7  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@redhood13: Awesome chapter man. I like how you explained everyone's powers in a practical sense instead of just bluntly saying that so-and-so can do this. Can't wait to see how the story picks up

boschePG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

@redhood13: I will have to get used to the multiple view points of the series based off issue 1 and issue 0, but overall it sets up an easy point to follow their powers, though I wonder how everyone gets their power from issue zero to everyone knowing their powers in issue 1. Its a usual time jump from said issues, so Im guessing there will be flashbacks. Is Samuel the main person out of the five?

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@boschepg: Samuel is the smartest of them, so was the best to do this issue with. The others don't know all of this technical stuff about their powers though. The next issue will show them all meeting up together and Samuel will share with them the ideas theorized in this issue. There will be flashbacks to TGI though, to show them fighting.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1090

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By batkevin74

@redhood13: How do I pronounce Agbaje? Is it Ag-bar-gee? I look forward to seeing the KK Vs The response

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: Ag-bah-jee. I based it off of the actor Adewale Akinuoye Agbaje's name.

Loading Video...

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have to disagree with Imp on this one, I thought the run down of the powerset was done really well. It seemed to fit in fine with the characterization you've given Sam.

Very interesting how all of them managed to gain some form of telekinesis. Perhaps there's a reasoning behind that (long lost and forgotten connection?) or maybe it's purely just random coincidences.

Also enjoyed the breakdown of the different forms of TK. I really enjoyed, maybe even appreciated it more than the others, it cuz it shows Wolffe has a very unique style of TK which incorporates a solid combination of a bunch of these. I think it would be very interesting if Wolffe ever faced off against them, where one or two of them would be nothing, but all of them working together would rival his current power level.

Sam is definitely my favorite character this far, just because his characterization is the most fun in my opinion.

I also read the issue 0 of KK. I forgot to comment on it before switching over to this one though, so I'll just comment here. The setup is something we've never seen before, as in both the literal and canonical setup. Most groups just switch to 3rd person since it's easier to juggle, but your style is first person for every person, alternating each person as the issue goes on. I think that was a brilliant idea that, if used smartly, could lead to some very interesting "special effects". I can't say much about the story of the first issue simply cuz I don't know the characters well enough yet. I will say that I liked the take on TGI, though. That's something we haven't really touched on yet and I think you did a good job of capturing the terror and confusion that took place that day.

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: I was reading Wolffe and saw how he basically was the KK in one and kinda felt like that made my characters a little less cool, then realized it could lead to some cool stuff. I wanna see that encounter, and actually even considered the idea of Gunner having stayed at the camp for some time during the past two years.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redhood13: I thought it made them more unique, not less cool. And yeah, I think it could be a cool moment. When the opportunity comes up we should have a crossover.

Which reminds me, where does this all take place in Indigo?

RedHood13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alexander_wolffe: So far all three have taken place in Central, but I think we might branch out soon.