5th Column Comics: Peacekeepers #6 (of 6)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

Peacekeepers #6 (of 6)

For More 5th Column Comics check out the Library

Missed Last Issue? Check it out Here!

Minerva Class Mobile Command Centre, Detention Centre for Criminally Inclined Carriers, Outside of Indigo City

"Amelia Boavista." The stern looking older woman dressed in a business suit sighed. "You are making a very big accusation excusing Agent Doyle Langdon and the rest of Fireteam Apollo of shooting a civilian and hiring an assassin to kill you. If it weren't for the evidence you've supplied, I would have marked this as a medium urgency claim."

"You wouldn't have known about it at all if Kobold hadn't saved me Deputy Director Irons." Amelia replied, as she rubbed the bandage on her arm where Dust Devil's projectile had smashed through the skin and muscle all the way to the bone. "Is there anything you can do to reward her?"

"We would but it appears as if she took a choice of reward the moment we arrived. She was gone by the time the remaining Carriers were subdued." Irons sighed, as she placed Amelia's PDA into an evidence bag. "At the moment we need to worry about you, internal affairs has caught up to three quarters of Fireteam Apollo, but Doyle remains at large." She added, "Until he's captured you will be under protection from members of a PMC known as Mattock Military Solutions at one of their safe houses."

"I've got a feeling we won't be waiting long." Amelia whispered, as a pair of men in full body armour led her away to a waiting armoured car. Waiting for them to leave, Irons removed her phone and dialled a number. "Morris, it's Wanda, we have a Code Orange situation. Kobold is loose. I repeat Kobold AKA Hanna Ruston is loose in Indigo City."

Willow Park Industrial Centre, Iron Circle, Indigo City

Anteus took a deep breath as he threw Cassie's bound body into the car compacter. Walking over to the control panel, he removed the remote module and placed an oversized thumb over the button.

"All the Carriers you put away and it's one of us 'normals' who kills you." Anteus boomed, as Cassie crawled to the edge of the compacter on her arms and knees. "Makes you think really." He grumbled, seconds before a shot blasted the control module out of his hands. "You must be the cavalry? Dr Terra told me all about each and everyone of you." He rumbled, as Stallion holstered his gun and removed a collapsible bo-staff from his belt.

"You have a friend of ours." He snarled, as Clive emerged from behind Stallion, his enhanced form eclipsing the smaller man. "And we would really like to see her returned to us!" He added, as Clive tackled Anteus, only to slow down as he neared the bodyguard.

"You'll have to go through me first." Anteus stated, his gauntlets glowing a dark blue. "Thanks to these portable gravitational field generators that won't happen." He added, as the gauntlets flashed red and Clive went slamming into a wrecked car. Not wasting any time Stallion sprinted towards the compactor, only to feel himself being pulled towards Anteus, until he was within the giant's reach.

"You're not smart enough to build these,” Stallion grunted, as the gravitational forces on his body increased. "Who do you work for?"

"You're right, I'm not smart enough to create these gauntlets." Anteus sighed, as Torres sprinted towards him, and tackled Stallion, the fair of them tumbling to the floor at the giant's feet. "But I am smart enough to keep my mouth shut about that." He added as he raised his foot slightly and slammed it down onto the floor, the impact sending Stallion and Torres flying back up into the gravity well surrounding him.

"Well that helped!" Stallion yelled, as Clive stirred, and got up from the wrecked car, his eyes scanning the ground and derelict hulks of the piled vehicles around him.

"Actually it did!" Torres yelled back as she fixed her eyes on Anteus. Looking back Anteus quivered, before taking a step back, beads of sweat running down his forehead. As he did, the glow on his gauntlets shifted from blue to purple causing hunks of stone and metal to fly up from the ground and entomb Torres.

"Fear holds little power over me." Anteus announced, his voice sounding uncertain despite his boast.

"It holds enough!" Stallion shouted, as he slammed his bo-staff into Anteus's eye, blood dripping down the poles length as, with a roar of pain, Anteus physically grabbed the staff and flung Stallion over his shoulder and into the car compacter.

"Who’s next?" Anteus asked, as Clive spat a jet of acidic saliva at Torres's tomb, the prison melting and allowing the woman inside to escape. "Ah the insect and you!" He growled, as he spun Torres around to face Clive, her eyes boring into his mind and forcing him to collapse, his body quaking with fear.

"That would be me." A quiet yet powerful voice announced, as Mayday strode into view, her remaining hand clenched tight.

"A cripple!?" Anteus howled, as he threw Torres to one side. "Is this the last weapon in the legendary Peacekeepers arsenal?" He boomed. "Come on then, give me your best shot, and I'll give you mine!"

"Fine by me!" Mayday replied, as she threw the small piece of debris in her hand at Anteus, only for the giant to catch it with one of his gauntleted hands.

"Pathetic!" He boomed, as he looked down at the piece of debris, only to see it unfurl itself and slip its segmented body into the cooling vent of his gauntlet. "What have you done?!" He yelled as Torres and Clive got to their feet and converged on Mayday's position.

"Your fear was quite evident." Torres purred. "You were afraid of the power you have growing out of control." She added, as Clive ploughed through the failing gravitational field and lifted Anteus off the ground, particularly the requirement for a connection to a stronger gravitational field for you to leach energy off of." She stated, as the gauntlets and leg guards sparked blue, before Anteus's entire body began to implode into a single point of gleaming ceramic.

"Whoa that's quite the special effect there." Stallion groaned, as he pushed Cassie out of the car compacter before pulling himself up after her.

"He's still alive in there." Mayday gasped. "I can sense his mind somewhere inside this." She sighed, as she levitated a gleaming silver ceramic orb up into her hand. "Is Cassie okay?"

"I don't know." Stallion gasped, as he opened one of Cassie's eyes to briefly reveal a green iris. "My sister has brown eyes and blonde hair." He gasped as he ran his hand through the blonde hair with red highlights. "She's not this tall either, this isn't Peacekeeper, and this isn't Cass."

"Your right, it's only half of her." Mayday gasped, as the woman rolled over in her apparent sleep. "The other half is what she was."

"You mean Terra." Clive whispered.

"I don't understand!" Stallion roared. "How she's been Cassie all her life, she can't be Terra, she..." He stopped as Cassie opened her eyes, one hazel, and one green and smiled.

"I'm Gemini and you are?" She asked curiously, before turning to Torres. "Are you my family?" She asked before looking around. "Why are we in a junkyard?"

Mattock Safe House, Classified Location

The two Mattock guards shivered as they stood sentinel outside the safe house, their assault rifles held over their shoulders in a ceremonial stance. A third guard stood in the shadow of an oak tree, his fingers clenched around a cigarette. All of a sudden he was wrenched upwards, his neck snapping as the noose came to a sudden violent stop.

"What the?" One of the door guards swore, as he ventured out towards the tree, only to be pulled along head first by a cable into a parked car, his skull breaking as he hit the vehicle.

"Dispatch this is Fox Ei..." The remaining guard stated, as a silenced gunshot smashed through his skull into the door behind him, the wood cracking on impact. Walking up to the door, a man dressed in black body armour and a ballistic mask emerged from the shadow and smashed through the door.

"Breach we have a breach!" A guard on the stairs yelled as he opened fire on the intruder, only for the attacker to return fire, the rounds cracking open the guard’s chest. Storming upstairs the man in the mask shot two more guardsmen before crashing into the bedroom.

"Well if it isn't the tool monkey!" The man in the mask sneered, as Amelia backed up against the wall. "I should have done this myself from the very beginning."

"Doyle?" Amelia gasped.

"Not tonight monkey, I'm your executioner." Doyle answered, as he fired a bullet through Amelia's skull and into the wall, the entire surface cracking from the bullets impact. "What?!" Doyle gasped, as Amelia stood there looking confused. "How?"

"First let's get rid of the toys." Amelia stated, as a ball of ink struck the Executioner's gun, the barrel jammed by the organic fluid. Quickly Doyle recovered and reached for the cable gun on his back, his finger hitting the trigger, the projectile passing harmlessly through Amelia. "Now let me probably introduce myself," She stated as her skin darkened and her clothes formed from a nightdress to a business suit, "My name's Penny Allen but you may know me as Ink-Cap, I freelance for the CBTF."

"I don't care who you are!" Doyle hissed, as he threw the cable gun away and removed a large knife from his belt. "Tell me where the real Amelia Boavista is or I'll cut your head off!" Doyle snarled, as he charged Penny, only for her body to collapse into a pile of fungal spores, his run sending him smashing through the weakened wall and down onto the floor below, the impact lessened by his body armour.

"Stay on the ground, and throw the knife away now!" A commanding voice yelled as a spotlight illuminated Doyle and the six mercenary guardsman surrounding him. Stabbing his knife into the ground, Doyle got up and held his hands out in surrender as Ink-Cap reformed into her human form in the upstairs bedroom.

"Captive contained Deputy Director." She stated, as one of the television screens on the wall activated to reveal Iron's stern face.

"Good work Allen, thank you for coming back to Indigo City just at the right time. I'll make sure that Miss Boavista is informed that former Agent Doyle has been captured." Irons stated. "I assume you'll want to get back home as soon as possible?"

"Not quite yet, if the ritual I disturbed at the Botswanan Crash Site does what I think it does, then we may have a potential crisis here." Penny stated. "When we finally captured 'the Primitive' he stated that his orders had come from Indigo that he had heard the sermon of enlightenment and was ready to die for his new faith."

"The CBTF will expand all resources should a similar event happen. While we could deport you back home, we will respect your wish to stay and make sure you get the visa required." Irons sighed, as she rubbed her temple. "I just hope you’re wrong, Indigo City is already a powder keg...," She added, as Ink-Cap sat down on the bed, her leg brushing against a segmented capsule adhered to the wooden frame.

Undisclosed Location under Indigo City

"...the last thing we need is something like the sermon." Irons voice radiated around the chamber from the few parasites scuttling up the Prime Theologian's arm and into the gash in his armour left by Cassie's attack.

"I agree." Terra stated, as she took a sip from the bottle of water. "It's time you called home."

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@impurestcheese: Interesting. Very interesting Imp. You really finished this thing up fast. It was really cool to see Ink-Cap back in the fold of things too. Cassie and Terra now becoming one personality wise (with Terra still being around) is really interesting

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: Felt like I owed Ink-Cap a return to the 5th Column Comics verse. And yes Gemini is very much a blank-slate created by the Prime Theologian to keep his existance secret.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 1098

#5  Edited By cbishop
ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers