5th Column Comics: Lex Hard #8

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

"Mayor Locke." Lex spoke the name out loud, carefully and deliberately, as if he was testing the taste of the name out on his tongue. "How in the hell did you get elected Mayor?" Lex asked. His words were completely unexpected, especially given the fact that he was seated inside of the Mayor's bedroom...in the dark....right next to his bed.

"What the-" Mayor Locke sputtered. He shot up from his sleeping position breathing hard, his heart racing. The sight that he was met with was not a pleasant one. He tried to calm himself, but given that a large hulking black man was seated in his bedroom uninvited, but an even larger beast stood right next to him silently staring at him with his glowing red eyes. Not to mention the man leaning against his nightstand with what looked like a bone poking out of his fist while he cleaned his teeth.

"Please. No need for the expletives, Mayor Locke. It doesn't become a man of your stature." Lex said with a smirk. "Almost all of the City Council have voted for the new bill that was proposed by Councilor Armand. A bill on this scale needs to be unanimous according to the city's bylaws. You And the Colonel are the only hold outs. Why is that?"

The Mayor chuckled then. "You have no idea what you're doing right now. You're setting yourself up for failure. Who in the hell are you?"

"On the streets, I'm known as Lex Hard." Lex informed him. The Mayor visibly paled then. "I take it you've heard the name."

"The- The CBTF are looking all over for you." Mayor Locke stated softly. "And you come here? Into my home?!"

"I'm not overly worried about them. You pay enough Senators and Congressmen and Councilors and Agents and....well you get my point. Any charges against me are going to be dropped. It's only a matter of time. You should be more worried about this ravenous beast standing here awaiting orders to kill you." Lex said casually as he gestured towards the Loupe Garou.

"You wouldn't dare kill an elected official. Not while he's still in office. " Locke said with a false sense of security.

"You'd be surprised at what I dare, Mayor Locke." Lex hissed leaning forward. "If you fail to push this bill through a second time, my two associates here will come back here, and tear you to shreds. They will-"

Just as Lex was getting to the good part of his rant, a gloved fist crashed into his jaw sending him flying and through the bedroom wall. The Loup Garou reacted first, his well muscled arm swiped at the masked assailant and struck him directly on the face with enough force to pulverize human bone, but the attacker merely took a few steps back and shook it off.

Bone was already on the move however. He'd fired bone bullets from his hand and leaped over the Mayor's bed to follow up with a bone blade to the face, but he was interrupted by the Mayor's cybernetic hand grabbing his leg and swinging him around towards the bedroom door.

The assailant unsheathed his sword and lunged at the beast, sword slicing through the air. The loup put his arm up to block the sword, thinking his skin was tough enough. He was wrong. The sword cut right through the beast's arm, loping it off. The beast let out an ear piercing shriek that shattered the windows of the large mansion.

Bone managed to find his feet again and as he was getting up, a cybernetic fist hit him upside the head again. This time he had enough time to react. The fist hit him on the head but Bone swung one of his blades up and through the fist and slashed, cutting the hand off.

The Mayor screamed in agony as Lex lunged at the assailant wielding the sword. He caught him by surprise palming the man's face and lifting him off of his feet, he threw him out of the bedroom window. Lex jumped out after him, landing aa couple of feet from him. The assailant was attempting to get to his feet when Lex delivered a powerful kick to the back of his head. Or he would have if he hadn't rolled out of the way. The armored assailant reached into his belt and withdrew some kunai and launched them at Lex. The weapons merely bounced off of Lex's chest while he grinned.

"See the thing is, I'm not just strong and hard to kill. I can manipulate inorganic and organic materials. I can make them harder, softer, whatever the hell I want. It's probably the basis of my other powers. So unless you have something better than that..." Lex said.

As he finished speaking, his opponent picked up his sword and assumed a ready position. Lex bent over and picked up the kunai. He closed his eyes and the kunai began to change. The metal became much harder and heavier than it was before. When Lex opened his eyes, he threw one of the two Kunai he had retrieved and his opponent dodged it and rushed him. The errant kunai struck the ground beneath the unknown assailant and created a small crater, such was the weight and force with which it was thrown. The man never hesitated, he. Swung his sword when he got in range and Lex caught it in his hand and pushed it backwards unbalancing the man. Lex threw a solid punch which the man dodged and countered. This went on for several seconds as the two expert fighters dodged and countered each other's moves at speeds that made it difficult to even watch the fight. Finally the man made a mistake. Lex faked a left jab and when his enemy moved to counter, Lex went in for a grapple. Lex wrapped his arm around the man and lifted him. He then slammed him into the ground and picked him hum again. This time flipping him around and bringing the man's entire weight down, while Lex brought his knee up to meet him there. A sickening snap was heard and the man cried out.

Lex threw his body onto the ground and pulled the mask that his assailant had been wearing off.

"Kiro Nowasaki." Lex uttered quietly. Just then the Loup Garou jumped out of the mayor's bedroom window and ran over to Lex with Bone right behind him. "What the hell is the Nowasaki Group doing in Indigo City?" Lex asked out loud. He put an arm out to stop the loup Garou from attacking the man.

"How's the mayor?" Lex asked when Bone arrived. Bone grinned and held up the mayor's hand.

"He'll need a new set of hands now, but he'll live." Bone said.

"Good. Now get Kira on the line and ask her why the hell did her brother just try to kill me."

@impurestcheese, @cbishop, @tommythehitman, @dngn, @batkevin74

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: Nowaski Group? Why do I sense this getting messy?

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It definitely is. A private security firm based in the far east is doing business with a corrupt Mayor of Indigo City.....how can it not?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@johnjo719: You chopped off the mayors hands! Cool.

Very nice how one bunch of bad guys was threatening and ANOTHER set come in so the bad guys become the protectors, well done

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks brother

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Wasn't expecting that to happen at all. Happy to see a little bit more detail fleshed out for the Nowasaki group