5th Column Comics: Lex Hard #5

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

While Bone was busy cutting swaths through the guards at the power plant, Speedy Rodriguez and Invisidude had gained access to the prison through much less violent means. They had simply pretended to be visiting a prisoner, Lex had the whole thing arranged before hand. They were led into a room full of tables and prisoners. The prisoners were cuffed to the tables and they had collars on too, with lights flashing intermittently. Invisidude and Speedy head over to the prisoner they were told to visit.

Kira Nowasaki, a tall and lithe woman of Japanese descent, sat up straight, calmly surveying her environment. If it weren't for the prisoner's garb, you'd almost think she was a regular woman, enjoying a quick lunch at a park or maybe a cafe. Not a killer with a body count higher than most special operations soldiers. She smiled warmly when the two men sat down before her.

"So, Lex finally decided to get off his lazy ass and do something for someone else for once, eh?" She asked immediately, right out of the gate.

Dude and Speedy glance at each other. "Uh yea. I guess." Dude Ventured. "He uh said you'd know what to do, so I guess he briefed you on the plan?"

"No." Kira said. "He didn't brief me, but trust me, I'll know what to do."

The two men looked at each other again. Before they could speak again, Kira spoke up. "In ten seconds, power to the generator will go off. This won't knock out the lights or anything but it should be enough. These collars are not very good, they only surpress our powers, not stop them completely."

The two men nodded mutely. "After he radios in, one of you needs to get the keys from that guard." Kira says pointing to a stern looking man. "Then you need to take out the others and free the other prisoners in here. If you can do that quickly, that'd be great." As soon as Kira finished speaking, Bone's voice filled Dude and Speedy's ear. Seconds later a guard rushed into the visiting room.

"Now." Kira said calmly. Speedy leapt into action, his movements happened so rapidly that to everyone else, it looked like he hadn't even moved. He held up the guards keys and jingled them.

Invisidude had begun his part of the plan too, he'd gotten up and walked over to the door that led to the main hall of the prison. He punched the startled guard in the face and kicked him in the head over and over until he stopped squirming around, all of this while he'd rendered himself invisible to the five senses.

By the time Speedy had removed the collar from Kira's neck, the guards had swung into action, aiming their high powered rifles at Kira and Speedy. Speedy stood up and ran at the guards, against his high speed punches, the guards had no hope. They were knocked out in quick succession and the room was left with only civilians.

Kira rose from her seated position and stood on top of a nearby table. "Excuse me, good citizens of Indigo City. Whatever type of day you were having, it's about to take a turn for the worse. I'm going to need for every one to lay down on their stomachs and put their arms behind their backs." Kira stated. When everyone had assumed the position, Speedy went into action. He ran at high speeds and cuffed every civilian in the room. The other prisoners cheered and hooted and hollered.

"Lex Hard has given you the keys to your freedom ladies." Kira stated to the male and female prisoners in the visiting room. "Do with it what you will. He only asks that you burn this place to the ground!" The prisoners cheered loudly and began to trash the room, attacking the doors, trying to break down the gates.

After securing the civilians, Speedy and Kira followed Invisidude deeper into the prison. Kira had picked up one of the guards' baton and begun twirling it around as if it was a sword and Speedy ran ahead to see about freeing the other prisoners. As Kira continued down the hall at a leisurely pace, she saw the bodies of the unconscious guards that Speedy had left behind. He had taken their keys and opened the cells and moved on. The Prisoners had gotten the message and had quickly begun rioting. Many of the guards were too busy battling the rioting crowds, so they ignored Kira as she calmly strolled past all the flying bodies, beds and other makeshift weapons the prisoners had created, her carrier powers allowing her to dodge them easily. She calmly walked to her destination and stopped when she saw that this section was untouched by the riots.

Before her were 5 guards armed with non-lethal weapons, heavy stab proof vests and riot shields. Invisidude and Speedy were busy freeing other sections of the prison. This part was left for her. She gripped her baton tightly and ran into them at full speed into them. They raised their weapons and she activated her powers. Her eyes glowed blue and when ever they shot their darts she ducked and twisted over them, putting on a stunning acrobatic performance. She swung her baton and cracked a guard in the head. One guard from behind her tried to grab her up in a headlock, but she was ready for it. She gripped his forearm and pulled him over her shoulder, using his momentum to slam him onto his back. When he was down she stomped on his throat and immediately spun around and jabbed the baton into a guard's abdomen. He'd been attempting to sneak up on her and failed miserably. The last two guards watched as she demolished their friends and thought better of attacking her, choosing to flee instead. A wise decision she foresaw. Her ability to look as far as thirty seconds into the future and her martial arts training made her a formidable opponent.

With the section now clear, Kira was now ready to proceed with the final phase of the plan. Kira walked passed several occupied cells and walked right to the second to last cell. She raised her baton, took aim carefully, and flung it at the module that controlled the mini field generator that suppressed carrier abilities. The baton crashed into the module, which sparked and crackled, and the Carrier inside opened his eyes.

Maskless he was called. He'd been taken down by another Carrier, and he was itching for a chance at revenge. "Stanley Mayhew. Lex is offering you a chance at revenge. Will you take it?" Kira asked.

Stanley nodded and stood up. Kira grinned and pulled out a key she'd picked up from an unconscious guard and opened the door. Then she moved on to the last cell. In that cell, a man was wrapped up in a straight jacket and a mask that covered his mouth. Most strangely off all, there were heavy metal chains attached to all four limbs all connected to a different corner of the cell, leaving him suspended in the air. His eyes glowed red, but they were not human eyes, more like the eyes of a wolf. He stared at Kira from the inside of the cell, it was the glare of a predator, a chilling one. Kira could tell he was planning on the best way to kill her.

"So this is the famous Loup Garou." Kira commented. "From France originally right?" The prisoner snarled at her in response.

"Not very Sociable, but I can see why Lex would want you." Kira said. Then she pulled out a key card. Lex's man on the inside had come in handy and delivered the key card that opened this custom made cell. The cell's doors were made of this new experimental type of metal that hadn't even been named yet, but was supposed to be super strong. Ten times stronger than steel. The walls were made of steel, and so were the floors and ceiling of the cell. All of these deterrents were dependent upon someone not being foolish enough to open the door and release him. That is exactly what Kira did.

Kira loosed the chains, then the straight jacket. Suddenly her eyes glowed and the prisoners hand shot out, lightening quick. Kira barely dodged out of the way quickly enough. She had barely gotten her feet under her when he'd followed up with a knee. He caught her in the stomach, and then dropped an elbow on her head. Kira fell on to the floor, blood flying from her mouth.

The prisoner picked her up and raised her to his level of seven feet. "Who are you?" He snarled in a slight french accent.

"Effective interrogation technique." Kira coughed out. "I am Kira Nowasaki."

"Who sent you?" The prisoner asked.

"Lex Hard." Kira said. The prisoner stared at her for a while and then he lowered her to the ground. "Now that we've got that settled," Kira started "I think we should get out of here."

The Prisoner stepped aside and Kira walked out of the cell. On his way out he punched the cell's door. As he walked away, further down the hall, the door fell off its hinge.

Kira, Speedy, and Invisidude meet back in the visitation room and they calmly walked out of the madness they had created. The prison had somehow caught fire, and as they walked, the backdrop of the burning prison and the storm clouds pouring out their guts, a fitting image for the beginning of a new era.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-library-1589634/#65

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

While this was really bada$$ and awesomsauce and I did enjoy it, I do think you need to have a little more casualties. I understand if you don't want your main character to be seen as weak or injured or even if you don't want a side character to be seen as week or your just trying to build up the characters. I understand all that. But you can't have an army of unstoppable bada$$es that can take down anything thrown at them. I know I'm not one to talk since Alex hasn't lost yet either, but it's coming up soon. It just makes everything a lot more realistic. ;D

Again- I did really enjoy this issue. It was really badarse. I can see it as a movie. I just think sometime in the future more casualties/injuries would make it more relatable. :)

Sorry if that turned into a rant :/

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel you and I do understand the need for a fallible character, but they were up against guards who are feeling very nervous and uncertain in the face of what is a very prominent threat(that is, a bunch of outraged Carriers running loose) with that kind of weakness poisoning them, they'd stand little chance against the attacking carriers(Kira, Bone, Speedy, Invisidude) who's powers are built for offense.

It's all good if it sounds like a rant, I love constructive criticism

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Really enjoyed this issue. A prison break is always fun stuff. It seems interesting that we may be getting some new characters in the series soon and I am looking forward to it.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: This army your creating seems fairly deadly and seemingly undefetable and that's a problem. An army like that requires a strong figurehead, and when Lex suffers a setback or defeat...well then they will turn on him.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love when they turn on the leader....gives him a bit of a struggle to overcome! Don't worry, they won't all survive long though

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#9  Edited By batkevin74

@johnjo719: A prison break with minimal lose of life; a rarity! :) Did seem a tad easy but still enjoyable

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@batkevin74: thanks! It was easy because they were up against guards scared of the attackers and the former prisoners

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

Okay we've got Kira who's an assassin-esque person, Loupe Garou (french werewolfy thing) and Maskless aka Stanley Mayhew

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Wow. Very intense prison break, JJ. Can't wait to see what happens after this