5th Column Comics: Lex Hard #2

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

Slowly, Lex felt himself rejoining the world of the conscious. And he had to admit to himself that he was sort of regretting it at the moment. This was largely due to the fact that he had a splitting headache. And the rest of his body felt as if he'd just ran a 10k ten thousand times. He opened his eyes and looked around. He was in his bed, wearing shorts and a tank top. He was alone in a dimly lit room that looked like it was set up to house some extremely ill person. He heard some papers rustle behind him and his guest cleared her throat. Of course, this was the perfect effed up start to an already effed up situation. He'd have preferred to wake up alone.

"It's about time you woke up. You had us all worried." His guest, Lillian said sarcastically.

"I'm sure the bankers and Senators will be relieved to hear of my recovery." Lex rasped.

"Not that they ever doubted that you'd pull through." Lillian Quipped.

Lex swung his feet over the edge of the bed and stood up. "Where am I?" He demanded.

"You're in a small hotel in Buenos Aires. Only a few minutes from the airport." Lillian informed him calmly.

Lex nodded his head lost in thought. "That damned Star Duster guy got in the way of me finishing of The Quoll. He freaking teleporter me to South America!"

"Wind Duster." Lillian corrected him. "And yea he did. I'm surprised he didn't just drop you at the bottom of some ocean or something."

"You'd like that wouldn't you?" Lex asked as he glowered at his mother.

"Yes, but I think we both know you'd find some way back to the surface to make our lives miserable once again." She said with a smile plastered on to her face. "So you want to hear the good news?"

Lex gave her a blank stare. He was very unused to good news coming from her. As a matter of fact, he was pretty sure that the good news would be just a set up for whatever she had planned for him later.

"Well seeing as your just bursting at the seams, I'll just tell you." Lillian said, looking slightly disappointed that Lex hadn't taken the bait. "I think your powers are stable now. Before you ask, I have no idea what your powers are now, you've been unconscious for hours now and I've had no chance to fully examine you."

"Why now? After all this time?" Lex asked his mother. She simply shrugged at him and went down to look through her files.

"The most likely reason is the fight that got you here. Your heavy use of your carrier abilities plus your weakened state might have triggered something." Lillian offered.

Lex nodded again and he walked over to where his mother was sitting and put a hand on her shoulder, slowly adding pressure.

"If my abilities have finally stabilized, then I'm afraid you've outlived your usefulness mother." Lex said in a low voice.

"True, but that last battle did do some real damage, you may need the serum for the rest of your life, and I'm the only one who knows how to make it." Lillian said nervously as the pressure built up, and the pain increased.

"True, true." Lex conceded. "But I do need something to test my new powers on. Any suggestions?" Even as he spoke he increased the pressure on her shoulder.

"Maybe one of your errand boys outside can help?" Lillian said, trying not to wince at the pain. Finally, Lex eased up, growing tired of their game and he straightened up.

"Rico!" Lex bellowed. Seconds later, Rico was through the door, gun at the ready. "Let me see your side arm." Rico complied with his boss' wish and he took a step back. Lex grabbed the pistol in his palm and focused on it deeply. Using the part of his brain that he'd used to control his telekinesis, the gun seemed to move slightly. After hope balloned in his heart, that he'd retained some of his telekinesis, it deflated right after as before his eyes, the pistol began to disintegrate in the palm of his hand.

"A fitting power really, if you think about it." Lillian mused. "Before you only metaphorically destroyed what you touch, now it's more literal."

Lex closed his hand and made a fist. He squeezed so hard that a few of the pieces of the pistol were forced together. When he opened his palm, there was a gem made of metal in his palm. A rare treat indeed.

As he stood there, he thought about what the future might bring and how he'd love to meet up with the Quoll and his two friends again. Interesting. Very interesting indeed.

(Hey guys, sorry for the double post, I tried to edit my previous one but I hit delete instead.....an idiot move, I know)

@batkevin74

@tommythehitman

@impurestcheese

@cbishop

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yea it really was! I blame it all on my thumbs though

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1090

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By johnjo719

@cbishop: I deleted the original *thread bows head in shame* completely by accident though

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: <looks away from shamed thread-deleter, shakes head> There but by the grace of God go I... <walks away sadly>

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: excuse me, I must now go commit ritualistic suicide

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: Fall on your pen! Fall on your pen! (Because, y'know, the pen is mightier than the sword.)

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: I knew you would. Explaining the joke was part of the joke though. lol

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yes I picked up on that too lol

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@johnjo719: Ooh wow can I have what's left of the carcass please. Need something to bait the Sharks next week. Impurest Caribbean Out

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sure, I'm not doing anything else with it

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Lex makes gems through pressure and disintergation

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By johnjo719

Essentially. Basically he reduces the object to a different material that he can. Manipulate freely. He can do it on organic and inorganic stuff. He does it on himself too, that's why he's so durable and strong. He changes the object at a high rate making it much lighter

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@johnjo719: Is it controllable? I mean if he touches say a cup will it break down or is it now a concious power?

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's controllable. Lex learned to control them off panel

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Interesting chapter to say the least. I feel like I've missed something though, like there's a chapter in between 1 and 2 (not talking about Crossroads though). Aside from that, it's not exactly that hard to piece together what's going on. On to issue 3!