5th Column Comics: LEX HARD #15

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By johnjo719

Lex stood at the window that was behind his desk with his arms crossed behind his back, fuming silently. According to the new security procedures he had set in place a mere hour after he'd gotten back from his encounter with the cabal, everyone that was in his inner circle was required to check in every hour, on the hour. It had been five since the last time Bone had checked in. This told Lex two things.

A) The Cabal was more aware of his organization than he knew. And

B) They had always intended on attacking him. It was the only way they could have gathered enough intel to get to Bones and stop him from following procedure.

The Heads of The Cabal were living up to their reputations indeed. And now Lex would have to live up to his.

"Call him again." Lex ordered Rico. Rico pulled his phone out in one smooth motion and dialed Bone's number for the fifth time. This time there was an answer.

"Put my nephew on the phone." The voice demanded. It sent chills down Rico's spine. It sounded both familiar and strange at the same time.....as if he'd met this man before.

"Um who exactly is your nephew?" Rico asked tentatively. Lex turned around at Rico's question and stepped towards Rico.

"Who else could it possibly be you imbecile?" The voice barked. "Just give Alexander the phone. now." Rico didn't hesitate again. He handed the phone right over. Lex looked at Rico before speaking into the phone, silently asking for the identity of the caller. Rico shook his head in response.

"Who the hell is this? And what have you done with my employee?" Lex asked. As he spoke he gestured for Rico to initiate a trace. After a few seconds with a confused expression on his face , Rico finally got the message. He quickly ran to Lex's desk and pressed the extremely well hidden button that activated the trace.

"Alexander. If this is the calibre of people you work with, then I am highly disappointed in you. It was laughably easy to take your man down. I wonder if Kira will be more challenging." The voice on the phone said in an amused tone.

"You're welcome to try. It's not as easy to sneak up on her, coward." Lex remarked trying to keep his cool. "What do you want?"

"I just want to have a little face to face with my favorite nephew after all of these years." The voice replied, still very amused with himself.

"This is not exactly the best time for a family reunion, Uncle." Lex replied. "But if you want to leave me an address as to where I can find you...."

"I'm not that stupid Lex. Meet me at bar where I gave you your first drink in an hour, or Bone dies." Lex's uncle threatened. "Oh and Lex? Don't try anything cute with me like you did with the Heads. You won't like the outcome."

"See you later, Uncle. I can't wait until we're in the same room together." Lex replied threateningly.

"You and I both dear nephew. You and I both." The voice said just before it hung up.

"Did we get a location?" Lex asked eagerly.

"Well he was running this really complex encryption on his phone and routing it through dozens of servers throughout the country, so I had to-" Noticing Lex's growing impatience, Rico wisely summed it all up. "Yes we got him. He's um at the town hall. The basement to be precise."

"Locke." Lex growled through clenched teeth. "Two of my greatest enemies have teamed up. I did not anticipate this scenario."

"Well they both hate you right now, so it's actually a no brainer for them to you know, mob up." Rico said as he shrugged.

"I was hoping their rivalry would keep them from cooperating. If Locke has given The Cabal the use of a government building, then that means that they're expecting me to attack. They wanted me to trace that call." Lex mused. "And now I have to worry about the Nowasaki Group jumping into the fray."

"So what are we going to do boss? We can't just let them kill Bones....right?" Rico asked.

"Rico, let me ask you something. Is a trap a trap, if you know it's a trap?"

"um, yes?" Rico ventured.

"Incorrect. If you know you're walking into a trap, then it changes, becomes something else." Lex revealed. "It becomes a challenge. And I will rise to the occasion. In order for them to have taken and kept Bones, they would need some Carriers. And last I checked, kidnapping was still a crime, even if the victim is a Carrier."

"So?" Rico asked.

"So, call the damn CBTF and report a kidnapping Rico. And after they raid the town hall, then we will send someone in to retrieve Bones." Lex said with a smirk.

"So we're playing dirty huh?" Rico sniggered.

"We're about to get our hands filthy my friend. Absolutely filthy." Lex replied with a homicidal glint in his eye.

----

Rodrick Eisenhardt hung up his cellphone and put it in the breast pocket of his very expensive suit jacket and surveyed their basement.

"He buy it?" The Man-Blob asked. "Will he attack us here?"

"I'm not sure. Alexander has always been a very clever boy. He may not be brazen enough to attack us here. Or he might just sense a trap."

"No. He will attack us here. Lex is clever, but he is also very direct and arrogant. He believes himself to be untouchable in this city and as such he will think nothing of attacking us here." Kiro Nowasaki said as he stepped out from the shadows. Bandages from his wounds were still visible, but he moved effortlessly, as if he was already back in top form.

"Either way, we're prepared for anything he has." Rodrick replied. As he spoke, the eyes of over two dozen of his carriers glowed in the darkness. "My nephew won't know what hit him."

@impurestcheese, @cbishop, @tommythehitman, @batkevin74, @alexander_wolffe, @redhood13, @boschepg, @orpheus_knightfall

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Good job. RIco got a lot of time to shine in this issue, which is pretty swell.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@johnjo719: Oh wow Bone is in trouble, and now we have an ambush scenario, looks like the fit is about to hit the shan

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the only thing is now I need to write a CBTF raid lol Oh hey maybe The Response might pop up

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#8  Edited By ImpurestCheese
Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: That conversation really made me like Lex a lot more than I did. That trap comment was gold. Was it also coincidence that the opening stance of Lex mirrored my drawing?

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: oh crap I just noticed that! And yea, it really is a coincidence! And lol I have no idea where that line came from...I think I read it before or something to be honest

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Huh. I never saw this issue before. Will read and comment in a bit.

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was cool. Liking Lex more and more as more issues come out. I agree about the trap line, it was really cool. Really nice build up to the boiling point that is to soon hit.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. I can't take full credit for the trap line though, although Im added a bit to it.