5th Column Comics: Lex Hard #11

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Indigo City was changing. Sure there were the occasional battles between Carrier's and those who were supposed to stop them and public executions being aired spontaneously on national TV and social media, but overall things were getting better. Ever since Eisenhardt Industries had made their announcement and began to put everything in motion, Carriers were see everywhere. Mostly in construction for now but every day Carriers found different ways to use their powers in positive ways. In return animosity towards Carriers was on the decline. There were of course many hate groups still, but the CBTF had been forced to ease up on them a little bit, causing many to question their relevance now. Oh and EHI's new crime fighting unit was making waves, stopping crimes all over the city, no matter the risk to themselves.

**2 months after Rico's announcement.**

The gas tank detonated right in the Loup's face, causing him to stumble backwards. But Bone was ready to avenge him. He darted forward quickly, his two bone swords protruding from his fist. He swung them carefully and expertly, his enemy barely managing to dodge the deadly calcium blades.

The enemy were two bank robbers. For the past month they had been embarrassing the ICPD, CBTF and even EHI's newly minted team, that was as of yet, unnamed. One was a Pyro and the other a psychic. Not the way Kira was Psychic either. He had pretty impressive telekinetic abilities. The Pyro reached out towards bones and unleashed a blast of flames directly into Bones' face, causing the latter to cry out in pain as the telepath lifted Bone off of his feet. The sound of the gas tanks on the Pyro's back beeping, caused him to pause for a second, his fuel running low.

"And you guys are supposed to be some sort of super Carriers or something right?" The psychic asked. "Pathetic. " But perhaps he had spoken too soon.

Speedy Rodriguez came racing in faster than sound, several seconds ahead of his sonic boom. He delivered a punch to the psychic's face so powerful, he flew down several city blocks, and into a nearby building.

Suddenly the sound of highly sharpened metal flying through the air at high speeds rang out as Kira launched two Hard Steel blades directly through the fuel lines that supplied the Pyro with what he needed to create his fire. As the gas spilled all over the ground, the Pyro stared at the squad of Carriers helplessly.

Kira sauntered over to the poor man and laid the flat of the blade on his shoulders as she circled him. "There's only about two ways the rest of this fight can go on, and I've seen all the different possibilities. They're not pretty. Your pal, he's done. ICPD have already moved in on him. And if you try to fight on, this savage looking fella over here is going to show you exactly why it is he had his own wing in the DCCIC."

The Pyro glanced over at the loup Garou and then back at Kira's smiling face. Her expression was meant to be pleasant but behind the bright smile, there was nothing but emptiness there. Slowly he raised his hands into the air.

"Book em." Kira said, and Speedy Rodriguez sped into action.

**Lex's office that same day**

"So now Carriers are openly using their abilities in the open and getting paid for it. We even have an agreement with the city in the works to get some carriers on the force sooner than originally planned. What now? " Lillian asked her son.

"When the people are fully used to Carriers running around, I'm going to make a play for a council seat. And from there......who knows?" Lex mused.

"You were always a control freak. Wouldn't even let me change your diaper until you were ready. " Lillian retorted. "And now you want to control the entire city."

Lex snorted and rose from his seated position, drink still in hand. As he gazed outside of his window he contemplated everything that had changed since the announcement. "Kiro knew about Aaron somehow. And he somehow managed to escape. If I were him, I'd be hunting Aaron down right now. " Lex revealed.

Lillian sat up straight and put her drink down. "I had nothing to do with any of that." She started.

Lex almost laughed. "I have no doubt about that mother. My point was that the Nowasaki group is going to become a problem. I'm going to need your help."

"They won't help you. Not for free Lex. You know that." Lillian replied, sighing sadly.

"What will it take?" Lex asked calmly. "Money?"

"The serum probably. And your father's location." Lillian advised tentatively.

"And what makes them think I have that information? Lex asked quietly, in that dangerous tone.

"That's a question only you can answer. They want him....bad. And they think you have him. The Cabal won't take no for an answer. Not for long anyway." Lillian warned.

"I'm not worried about them. Offer them the serum. Your version. Nothing else. That should be enough for them to reach out to Hiro Nowasaki." Lex demanded.

"And if when they reach out he doesn't back down? " Lillian inquired.

"The Cabal is filled with trouble shooters. I'd suggest they get to shooting my troubles. "

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Nice reference to the Response.

Seeing Lex's interaction with Mother was pretty cool and I did enjoy the info dump at the beginning for obvious reasons.

I like exposition.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1091

#3 cbishop  Online
johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman Thanks, I like to sneak in a few references to the other issues

@cbishop thanks!

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

Up to date! Well on this one anyways, sending you an idea soon

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Whenever you're ready brother

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

I... I had no idea this was out. I just happened to click on Rocking a Roll where he references it. Oh, well. My bad.

"In return animosity towards Carriers was on the decline. "

I wonder how long that'll last with Wolffe's latest actions....

Also was nice to see the update on the working carriers. A story that hasn't yet reached Wolffe's ears, and prolly won't until it's too late.

I always enjoy Lex's discussions with his mother. This one included.

Looking forward to this conflict with the Nowasaksi group.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

@johnjo719: Things certainly are getting mixed up in Indigo. Great chapter, kind of wondering when these guys are going to come face to face with the Response