5th Column Comics: Heat Seeker #9

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

Previous chapter: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-8-1694211/#12/

I have no idea where I am.

Matches my failing eyesight and the buzzing in my ears. The cab driver barks something but all I can hear is the ringing in my back teeth like a gang of hornets gangbanged some television static. He screams at me again, probably as I just p!$$d myself in the back of his cab…most of its blood.

That giant freak’s broken me.

I tumble out of the cab towards a known Quan hangout. I don’t care anymore if they kill me or my pseudo family or anything. I just want to die! Ever since I woke up from the hospital I’ve been in pain and working for those bastards in one long descent into hell!

“You can’t come in here!” snaps the security guard standing out the front of Zurgaa, the Quan’s little nightclub. I huck up a glob of phlegm and spit it straight into his face, the bubbly black-red splat coating his cheeks.

“Call those d!^k#e^ad brothers who run this place before I spank you in front of these teenage girls,” I exhale trying not to fall over. “Tell’em Nate’s here.”

I don’t see him move but suddenly he’s grabbed me around the neck in a headlock and I’m bundled down the side alley. I’m probably going to die, serves me right for spitting in his face but I don’t care. The buzzing won’t stop. The pain is constant. The blackness that envelopes me is a brief but sweet relief.

Because when I come to, Genghis Quan is breathing in my face like a dog. “Ah round eye, you awake!” he chuckles as his big fist draws back and slams into my forehead, the blow designed to hurt and annoy. I barely feel it, other parts of my body ache more than his noogie gone wrong attack.

“You not kill the girl huh?” Kublai says picking his fingernails with a knife.

“Some giant idiot from the Response was there,” I wheeze as Genghis sits me in the chair.

“We kill your family now!” laughs Genghis as he knocks me out of the chair. I hit the cold concrete floor, feels so nice and cool, the floor not the punch. It’s a lovely feeling before Genghis picks me back up and sits me in the chair again; I have the distinct feeling I’ll be on the floor again shortly. I watch Kublai push a small black device, the buzzing in my teeth flares up….it’s not working! Their little shock collar isn’t working!

“Stop! Stop! Stop!” I yell, trying to sell my shakes. “Enough with the shocks! *&^$!”

Genghis laughs. “You want the girl or the woman to die first round eye?”

I stare deep into his piggy face. “I don’t care, I need a doctor.”

Kublai raises an eyebrow. “Why?”

“I just got punched into a train by a *&%$ train guy!” I cry. “I can’t do what you want me to do if I’m *&^$# broken!” I fall back on the floor crying. I’m not acting now, I’m genuinely broken and probably having a nervous breakdown. Just put a bullet in me, I’m done.

Genghis and Kublai squawk at each other in Mongolian as I lay there. It’s heated, animated and full of gestures at me. I guess by the charades Genghis wants to eat me and Kublai wants to throw me in a river, either way I’m &^%#d! So are Carly and Brooke. God, Brooke…I’m sorry sweetheart. And then Genghis stands over me.

And then stomps on my head.

“I am getting tired of this $#!t!” I slur as I wake up in a hosp…no, where the hell am I? I can see wire cages and birds and hear dogs.

“Keep your voice down!” snaps a shrill Asian voice from my left. I crane my neck and see an Asian woman in a white coat standing in front of more cages of animals. “It’s noisy enough.”

“W-where am I?”

“Purple Pet Care,” she says and it dawns on me I’m at the vet’s.

“That &^%#g bastard!”

“I said keep your voice down!” she kicks my cage. I’m in a cage like a damned animal. “The Quans will be by to pick you up when your stitches are strong but if you don’t shut up I’ll call them now.”

I try to think of something to say but nothing comes. I’m sore, tired and locked in a cage at the vet’s. I flick her a smile and she takes her clipboard to go do something leaving me alone with all these sick and injured animals. That buzzing feeling is still echoing in my brain…but it’s not shocking me. I close my eyes and stare hard at my index finger.

Fwoosh!

It ignites!

“Oh you Quan’s are so &^%$#d!” I say.

“THIS IS YOUR LAST WARNING!” she snaps. I quickly shove my hand in the water dish…I have a water dish! Thankfully she doesn’t turn coz my flame doesn’t douse easy.

Hell’s coming for you yellow bastards!

To be continued...

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Heh finally some backbone from Heatseeker. Looks like all the Quanns are nasty, not just the big two.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Yes! The Quan's are soooo going to get it now (about time too). Can't wait for Nate to put the smack down on them

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@knightofthechronicle: As Nate said "Hell's coming" and since he's got his fire powers back it's about to get real hot!

@impurestcheese:Oh he's got backbone but being caught between a horrible rock and a terrible hardplace made it extremely difficult for him to do what he wanted, which was just peddle some stardust and make some cash while not being bothered.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

Sorry. Didn't know this had been posted.

Nate really can't catch a break can he? He just got pulverized by Freight Train and now he's getting his life (once again) threatened by the Quans who remind me of the City Wok guy from South Park. Granted they're not from the same country as the City Wok guy... but still.

Good issue just to kind of tide us over between arcs.