5th Column Comics: Heat Seeker #8

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

No Caption Provided

#0http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-0-1585749/

#1http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-1-1590148/

#2http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-2-1595137/

#3http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-3-1689166/#4/

#4http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-4-1689357/#13

# 5http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-5-1689849/#2/

#6 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-6-1690389/#13

#7 http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-heat-seeker-7-1692070/#1/

I grab a glass bottle off the top of the overflowing bin and throw-flick it behind my back, up over my shoulder sending it up into the air. It lands and smashes and gets everyone’s attention as I head in the opposite to the toilets. I do a quick scout and head in after the CBTF agent.

Good, he’s not at the urinal! I crouch to do my shoes up and spot his overladen belt around his heavy duty boots. I hop into the next cubicle, lock the door, flick down the seat and flush. I put a foot on the cistern and vault over the top and come down on him like Shawn Michaels from the top rope! I’m not the greatest fighter but I scrap like a demon and he didn’t really have a chance since I landed on him as he did a $#!t!

I strip the parts of his uniform I can use, which is the shirt, jacket, belt, helmet and weapons. He keeps his pants. I exit the cubicle and look in the mirror; I look like an extra from a B grade knock off film!

“Show time!” I say into my reflection hoping it’ll stop me or something.

“HERE SHE COMES!” yelled Freight Train as the train carrying his idol pulled into the platform. He’d patiently waited here for hours to see her and it was all happening so fast. The crowd surged but he put his arms out protectively. “STOP PUSHING!”

Security guards and staff rallied to put some order back into the crowd as the train hissed to a stop. Freight Train smiled broadly, this was possibly even more exciting than joining The Response.

BZZT

I clutch the wall as the electric pain subsides and I feel like my old self. I hear the crowd go spastic meaning the trains here. ^%#@ great!

I shove a teenager out of my way as I move through the crowd, glaring at them and using the uniform like its intended; to scare people. Luckily this isn’t a Martellikar concert or they’d punch me.

I keep forcing my way forward until I get up to the platform, so far nobody official has given me a second glance mainly as I act like I’m supposed to be here so they just assume I am. Good. Means I might get this done.

The crowd screams in delight as some people get off the train, it’s not her. So she’s still onboard. I take a deep breath and let my thoughts drift onto her and like a targeting system I know exactly where she is. God I’ve missed my tracking powers it’s just a shame I’m using them to make a pop star explode. First a fiery version of my bottle trick.

BOOM!

Freight Train turned to where part of the terminal roof exploded in blood red flames. The crowd erupted in fear and chaos. He held his arms out and picked up about twelve people and moved them back when he spotted a badly dressed CBTF agent summoning a comet thing in his hand.

“HEY! STOP!”

Heat Seeker looked at big man and hurled the comet towards the train. Charles shoved the people to one side and dove like a goalkeeper. The fiery rock slammed into his chest and BOOM! Freight Train flew into the train with a whump.

“IF YOU’VE HURT BAM-BEE...” warned Freight Train as tried to stand but the metal enveloped him like a wet blanket. Heat Seeker waved his hand and threw up a wall of flames driving people away from him, sending them fleeing for their lives as he summoned up another comet.

“NOT TODAY BAD GUY!” roared Freight Train as he launched out of the crumpled train, the comet hitting him square in the chest. BOOM!

“Just move idiot!” yelled Heat Seeker as he sent the flames over to the train surrounding it like a blazing fence.

Freight Train shook his head as he sat up. On his left, cowering under a table was Bam-Bee. He smiled. “I’m your biggest fan…I can’t believe I’m meeting you.”

Bam-Bee interrupted the gushing with a blood curdling scream as Heat Seeker stood over Freight Train, hands aflame. “Oh $#!t!” Again he dove using his durable body as a shield, protecting his pop idol from harm. Train landed on her, wrapped his arms around her.

“This is amazing!” he said gently as she howled. “Scary but amazing!”

“GET OUT OF THE WAY!” roared Heat Seeker as he funnelled flames at The Response tough guy, blood red tendrils of hellish flame licked and whipped his back.

“Ms Bam-Bee. Ssh. Please stop screaming,” eased Freight Train as he kept her safe from harm. Even though he was ridiculously durable it was getting hot on his skin. “I need you to calm down, please.”

Bam-Bee shuddered as she tried to stop. Freight Train winked as he pushed her away and turned to take the flames face on. “YOU’RE IN A WORLD OF HURT NOW MISTER!”

Heat Seeker threw another comet at the oncoming behemoth. BOOM!

And another. BOOM!

Still he kept coming. Heat Seeker went for a third when Freight Train batted it away with his left and smashed a big right into his chest. Heat Seeker shot away like he was launched out of a cannon and splatted like a bug against a stationary train three platforms away.

“You okay?” Freight Train asked. Bam-Bee nodded like a child.

I feel like a bag of chips hit by a speeding car! I’m lying on the ground, blood seeping out…oh $#!t he’s coming! I can barely move but I throw up a firewall to obscure his view and roll under the train.

Move! Move! Move! If he hits you again you’re going to be living in a bag feed through a tube! I crawl up the other side and throw a final comet straight up, hope it buys me some time. I collapse into the empty guard’s compartment, vomit blood and... can't keep...my..ugh

Freight Train jumped through the flames and stopped, looking around for the flame throwing CBTF assassin. He saw a comet flying up into the sky, its trajectory arcing towards Golden Roads.

“Oh no!” he exclaimed. Freight Train grabbed a hold of a piece of track and pulled one of the giant bolts out that kept it riveted to the ground. “Oh please work. Please.”

He closed one eye, exhaled and hurled the bolt into the morning sky after the fiery rock. Freight Train crossed his fingers and watched with nervous anticipation. “Please, please, please.”

BOOM!

Freight Train punched the sky “YES!”

I wake up to a broom to the face. “Can’t sleep h…”

“CBTF,” I cough as I stand up.

“Sorry,” says the little Mexican cleaner. “You okay officer?”

“No…where am I?”

“Depot at the end of the line.”

“Good, good,” I say as I head to the door. “Can you hear that?”

“Hear what?” he looks at me in confusion.

“Like a bee in a can,” I stick my finger in my ear and wiggle it.

He shrugs “You sure you okay?”

“What time is it?” I ask as I open the door to see it’s dark. “Oh &^%#!”

"Eight thirty pm."

“Any idea on who it was?” Pfeifer asked Freight Train as he toured the scene, fire crews battling the blaze.

“Just a guy in one of our uniforms,” replied Freight Train.

“Obviously the same guy who jumped Agent Brewer in the bathroom,” Pfeifer mused. “We’ll find whoever this was. You hurt at all?”

“I’m fine sir. How is, um…”

“Hospital gave her the all clear and her label recalled her back to micromanage the event for maximum publicity. But she’s safe and safely out of town.”

Freight Train sighed a bit. Looks like it was going to be an evening alone eating icecream and binge watching Battlesun Universa.

To be continued…

Notes: This takes place before The Response 9: http://www.comicvine.com/forums/fan-fic-8/5th-column-comics-the-response-9-1693763/#17

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@batkevin74: Aw, poor Freight Train. Hey, at least he got closer to his idol than anyone else before him, right?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightofthechronicle: He saved her life, expect on her new album a song called Freight Train or Flames :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By TommytheHitman

Great job with Train! I'm glad people like him enough that they want to use him. The fight scene between him and Heat Seeker was really good and if I'm being honest this issue made it seem like HS was the villain.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: well technically he is a villain by the letter of the law. Freight Train has a lot of potential

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Wow all those fake/rouge CBTF agents running around, got to be bad for their image. Freight Train really shined her, he's finally been given the chance to get out of the Windy ones shadows, and he's done well. Also poor Heatseeker, being late is not going to go down well with the Quans

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: They're not known for the patience, understanding or forgiveness. Heat Seeker's got some 'splainin to do!

As for Freight Train, he's actually really awesome. Big, dumb, but 100% genuine and if all goes well he might get a one-shot or even ongoing if @tommythehitman signs off on it :)

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@batkevin74: Oneshot is fine. However I would prefer if FT's main tilt was the Response as I have plans for him.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tommythehitman: SWEET! Will send you something soon, I see he and Rocking Roll knocking over a buildings :)

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By ImpurestCheese

@batkevin74: Yeah, wonder if they are on the Crime PM we never saw?

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@impurestcheese: Pfft, who cares. Considering I invented the Macedonians and I'm now in charge of the Quans if I write something that doesn't fit, well tough!

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ImpurestCheese
cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75