5th Column Comics: Alexander Wolffe #8

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Ahhh...." I yawn out as I stretch myself awake. Only to be blinded by the sunlight in the room when I open my eyes, and notice my head is throbbing. F*ck. Hangover. I blink a little, trying to adjust my eyes to the light and then I notice something terribly wrong.... Mark is passed out right next to me on the settee... and is holding onto me like a child holds onto his favorite animal. "Jesus, Mark." I spit out upon the discovery. "Get up." He's out cold, not getting up by himself anytime soon. I slowly and hesitantly pry his arms off of me and crawl over him, after which I realize there's drool all over my shirt. "Ugh." I spit out, disgusted. I stare at the ground for a bit, not knowing what to do with him now, should I just leave him be, wrapped in his filthy clothes and covered in his own drool or what? Suddenly I hear silverware and dishes clanking. The noise is deafening, and reminds me I have a headache. I glance around real quick, getting nauseous and dizzy from it, and see the Demon Dog marathon is still running, and is being watched by both Snipes and Daisy as they finish up their breakfast. Wow, Snipes even has alcohol with breakfast, yuck.

"Good morning, sunshine!" Snipes shouts at me, he knows I'm hungover, he's trying to mess with me. "How was your beauty sleep?" He chuckles, glancing at Mark.

"Funny." I retort, and all of the sudden I'm extremely thirsty. "Hey, do- do you have any water?" I ask. I feel weak in the legs, and end up having to hold myself up on the wall as Daisy walks over handing a bottle of water to me.

"You feeling ok?" She asks. I snatch the bottle out of her hands and start gulping it down, my hands shaking and spilling the water all over my face and neck. I go to respond to her question when-BLEGHH!! I throw up all over myself and the wall. Snipes is cracking up in the background and Daisy is staring at the puke.

"I... I uh, could use a towel now." I say weakly. Daisy nods and goes to grab one out of the bathroom. Then I look at the mess I made all over the wall, and then I glance at Snipes, who's still recovering for his laughter.

"Don't look at me. I ain't cleaning that up." Snipes answers before I can even ask the question. I just shake my head, chuckling a little. Daisy comes running back out with the towel. I wipe the puke off of me and start wiping it off the wall before I feel like I going to throw up again. I drop the towel and charge towards the toilet where I have a repeat of the ordeal. After I feel like I'm done with the puke and I've cleaned myself off I walk out of the bathroom to see the wall has been wiped clean. "Feeling any better yet?" Snipes asks, I almost detect a hint of concern coming from him.

"Yeah, actually. My head still hurts and I still feel weak, but my stomach feels a lot better." I respond.

"Good. 'Cuz I need your help moving Mark into his bed." He mutters. ".... And help me change him out of his dirt." He continues, laughing as he says it.

"I'll help you move him, but I'm not changing anyone." I spit back. He shrugs.

"We'll see. Now c'mere and grab his arms, I'll get his legs." He says as he grabs onto Mark's legs. After carrying him to his room, we lay Mark out on his bed so they can change him.

"I'll just step out here for this part." I comment. And before Snipes can respond or try to stop me, the phone rings. "Oh, look at that. The phone's ringing. Lucky me." I say, mocking Snipes. The good thing about hangovers is they're at their worst in the early morning when you first wake up, so I've already gotten through the brunt of it. I pick up the phone and say: "Brooks residence. Mark speaking."

"We both know you aren't Mark." It's that distorted echoing voice again.

"What do you want now?" I say coldly.

"What do I want? No, no, no, no, Wolffe! It's not about what I want, it's about what YOU want." It says, crazy as usual.

"Enough with the riddles and games." Not in the mood for this nonsense again. I don't feel well and I'm tired. "You're going to tell me who you are and what you want with me... And Mark."

"Ohhh, but that would ruin all the fun!" It responds. "Just trust me when I say you won't want to miss out on this next assign-"

"Tell me who you are. Then we talk." I interject.

"Hmm, I'll think about it. Now we need to talk and we need to talk fast. What you need to know is that our old friend Richard Garrison is still alive and well, because of Brook's failure to do what was necessary, and will be a wide open target with minimal security around him for a very short window when he's moving from his car to the Indigo City Prime Hotel he was staying in." The voice responds.

"Why is he going back to his house, with minimal security, the day after he was kidnapped with maximum security?" I ask, confused.

"For one, he's dumb and stubborn. Two, I'm sure you'll find out any other reason when you get there." It continues.

"How much time do I have?" I ask. I've pretty much accepted the task at this point. But Garrison deserves to die. It needs to be done.

"To get there? Very little. For the kill? Much less time then that. Speaking of time, it's time for me to hang up. Ta-ta!" It says as the phone disconnects.

I turn around to see Mark curled up in his bed wearing a nappy, with Daisy and Snipes walking out of his room. "Who was on the phone?" Snipes asks suspiciously.

"A.... A, uh, old associate of mine." I respond. "So Mark's in bed? Good, I have to go." I continue as I walk towards the window.

"Now?! Well ain't you at least gon' say bye?" Snipes asks with Daisy behind him, with a look of sadness on her face. I nod in agreement and walk up to him. We stare into each other's eyes for a moment before he extends his arm out for a handshake. I look down at his hand, hesitant to return the favor simply because of my still-existent hatred for humans, albeit that hatred has diminished a bit over the last day or two. But low and behold, I return the favor. We both smile and nod to each other. Snipes walks off and gets a beer for himself, and then I turn to Daisy....

"Will we ever see you again?" She asks.

"... I don't know." I respond honestly. "I hope so." I continue with a slight smile. She has no idea the joy she's given me the past day. The memories of Rebbie she's brought back to me. She does her trademark move with me one more time, slamming into me and hugging me. "Thank you." I whisper to her as I return the hug. Then I turn away and open the window behind me.

"What the hell are you doing?" Snipes asks from across the room, beer bottle in hand. "They created stairs for a reason."

"Stairs are too slow." I retort. Then I fling one leg over the window, and pause for a split second."Goodbye." I mutter out just before getting all the way outside and start climbing down the side of the building, Rebbie's face in Daisy's being the last thing I see of the Brook's apartment.

INDIGO CITY PRIME HOTEL

I'm right outside the Hotel's doors. I replaced my tattered clothes on the way here. Going it try to not ruin these. Apparently there's a movie theater next to the hotel, and every so often a group of people stop to read the sign in the window of what's playing. Eh, for old times sake I'll go check out what's playing too. I got here much faster then I thought I would've anyway, so I've got time to spare. But when I walk up to the window I see the reflection of the buildings behind me in it, and on top of one of the building's I see a strange figure, looking directly at me. I whip around as soon as I see it, but by that time there's nothing there. Hmm. Strange.

Well, Garrison should be here any minute now. But I think instead of killing him out here in the open for everyone to see, like the voice said to do, I'll just do it in his room. No crowds to gather. No screams to be heard. More clean. No getting caught. Sounds much better then the alternative. Plus I'll be able to find out what was important enough for him to be coming back for. I walk up to the front desk, and not having the money or resources to bribe or find out his room through material means, I have to work with what I have. "Hello, I'm here to see a Mr. Richard Garrison." I tell the lady at the front desk. She looks at me very strangely for a minute before responding.

".... Mr. Garrison isn't here right now. I'm afraid you'll have to wait." She's prolly going to try to come up with some excuse to go call the police seeing as how someone wanted to see Garrison the day after he was kidnapped. What she doesn't know is that I just wanted to get Garrison into the front of her mind. I do a quick scan annnnnnnd, seventh floor.

"Oh, that's too bad.... Oh and would you mind giving me the hotel's business card? So I can call back later for Mr. Garrison?" She seems nervous, and hesitates for a second.

".... Sure." She says as she grabs the card. "This top number comes directly to the front desk so me or one of my coworkers will be here to answer promptly." She continues as she points to the top number. I nod showing I understand.

"Thank you." I comment. Then as she goes to hand it to me I grab her arm and pull her forward, laying my hand on her forward and wiping all her memories of me. Unfortunately since this is only my first time trying this, I seem to wipe all her memories of the past week. "Pardon me." I say as I release her, walk away, and she slowly begins to regain consciousness. Ugh. Hopefully I don't have to talk like one of those rich snobs for the rest of the day. I hop onto the elevator, and I'm at the seventh floor within a minute or two. I setup camp right around the corner from where all the elevators are so I can identify him when he comes out.

Not long after that the elevator rings and a squad of armored guards step out in formation and head toward the opposite end of the hallway and turn around the corner out of my view. No sign of Garrison himself, so I'm guessing they're going to check out Garrison's room before he comes up. I would take them out now so it's less difficult when Garrison comes, but odds are they all have means of contacting Garrison as soon as something suspicious happens, so it's too risky. And so I waited. After a few moments his men come out of the room, seeing everything is clear, and another few moments later Garrison strolls out, flanked by guards on all sides of him, on high alert. "You stubborn little sh!t." I whisper to myself as I shake my head. What kind of idiot comes back to the same place he was kidnapped from the day after and with less security!? Then I watch Garrison storm into his room in a full sprint. Unexpectedly, all the guards flow into his room rather then leaving some out for sentry duty outside the room. This can only mean one thing.... I cautiously walk up to the door, and get a read on one of the guards. Yep, I was right. They're onto me.

Should I go in guns blazing or to in strategically and stealthily? Guns blazing sounds fun. I telekinetically grip the whole door and whip it into the room, crushing a couple guards and knocking down several others. But they were prepared for me. Before I can launch another assault a barrage of bullets come charging at me, I dodge them and roll into the bathroom. Their assault rifles will be a lot less useful in close quarter combat. I hop in the bathtub so I'm behind another wall in case the first one turns the corner unloading in here, and sure enough he does just that. I throw the toilet at him and it smashes into his neck and jaw. I hop out of the tub and when the next one comes around the corner I grab his gun and flip him into the bathroom. A shoot him in the chest a few times, turn around, and shoot the next guy coming. When the next guy comes I run out if ammo in the magazine after only a few shots so I throw the gun at him and then TK him into the wall. Then I TK pick up his body and throw it at the next two standing at the exit of the hallway. One falls down while the other just barely stumbles, but that stumble is enough to allow me to charge into him and put him in a choke hold. Just as I go for the finishing blow on him, I look up to see the two final guards and Garrison standing at the back of the room. So I lift this guard back up and use him as a human shield. "Fire... And he dies." I tell Garrison.

Without a second's hesitation Garrison bellow's with all the power in his lungs, "Kill him! Use everything you have, just make sure he dies! Do it!" Immediately following the order the two guards next to Garrison unload on me. I run back into the bathroom, the human shield barely lasting a second before being torn to shreds in a flurry of screams and gunfire, but it lasted just long enough for me to get out alive. After a minute or two the shooting stops, but I hear a little rattling sound. I look down to see a live grenade about to blow just rolled outside the bathroom door. I go to telekinetically launch it back at them, but it's too late, it's about to blow. And it does, I don't know how or why, but I was able to contain the explosion with my TK. Huh. That's a nifty little trick. Now I have to act before they have time to blow me up again, so I swing outside the bathroom lift them up from across the room by their throats and crush their windpipes. Now it's just me and Garrison.

"Y'know, usually I'd use my telepathy to torture you mentally before I kill someone like you, Garrison. Luckily for you, I have a headache, ande with all the noise your boys made and the number of phone calls made to the local police and CBTF that I'm sure have been made by now, I'll have to get this over with quickly. So get over here." I tell him forcefully. He just stays in the corner, whimpering like a dog.

"Fine. I don't have time for this nonsense." I growl. "Oh, and this has been bothering me all day- What was important enough for your stupid a$$ to come back here?" He's still just cowering there whimpering. Sigh. "Look, I already said I don't have a lot of time to waste here, so either you're going to tell me or I'm going to pry it out of you, blazing through every inch of your mind until I find it. It's terribly painful, I don't recommend it." His eyes widen and after I take another step towards him he flings out a piece of paper at me. I only have to glance at it for a second to see it's a list of all the "patients" he worked in in the camps. He was trying to figure out more about who kidnapped him last night. I put the paper in my pocket. "Very good." I comment. But now we've wasted way too much time. I walk over to him, and as I'm standing over him, for the first time since TGI, I hesitate before killing him.

"Do it. Or has your stay with the Brooks made you weak." I hear someone say. But when I glance around the room I see nothing. There's no one there. Talking to myself now? Great.

"I can't be weak." I whisper to myself. I didn't even realize I've had a hold on Garrison this whole time. He looks up at me, trembling, like I'm a madman.

"Mercy! P-Please!" He begs as he coughs on his own tears and mucus.

"You destroyed my family. You destroyed everything I held close. You tore me, my wife, and my baby open like animals to be dissected. Along with hundreds of others." I whisper into his ear maliciously. Then I lean back, and look him in the eyes. ".... There is no mercy." Then I grip under his chin and with all my might, and some help from my TK, I rip his head off his body. Part of his spine coming with it. Immediately after I drop his head and run out of the room. I can here the sirens in the distance. They'll be here in no more than a couple minutes. "F*ck." I mutter to myself. I only see one way out of this. It's a stupid idea but the best one I can think of now. I run to the backside of the building, furthest from the street, open a window, and leap out. My hope was that I'd be able to slow my fall with the TK, it kinda worked. Right before I hit the ground I push myself away from it, breaking my fall at the last second. Felt like I was floating for a second. Then I stand up, clean myself off, and walk casually out of the alley, disappearing into the crowds just as the security forces arrive.

Time to go home.

Special thanks to TommyTheHitman for making this arc possible, being patient when I was a slow poke, and being overall very helpful and a great mentor for kicking off my fanfic experience.

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

You know my feelings on this issue.

Great work my friend. It's been awesome working with you and I look forward to doing this again at some point.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 75

User Lists: 1090

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@alexander_wolffe: Ah Wolffe, that man seems to be able to fall out of buildings and kill a normal person. Looks like I was right; he's mildly bad ass.

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I liked this but one thing was unclear to me. Was he there to figure out who set him up to be kidnapped, or another Reason

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@johnjo719: To kill the guy(Garrison) who was a scientist that experimented on people at the camp where Alex's wife, daughter, and Mark Brook's/Wind Duster's wife were butchered.

Annnnnd bump cuz the next issue will be out shortly.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3