5th Column Comics: Alexander Wolffe #5

Avatar image for alexander_wolffe
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Warning: Content ahead may be too graphic for some viewers. Viewer discretion is advised.

About a minute ago...

"...I'm the guy you shouldn't tick off." I respond sternly, while simultaneously lifting all the forks and steak knives in the room and turning them in his direction. Then I continue coldly, "...and you've done just that." Why would I, the carrier extremist, fight a carrier? As I said before, I don't care who or what you are, if you get in my way, don't be surprised when I move you out of it.

"I have a habit for that." He responds. This guy thinks he's some big shot. He doesn't know who he's messing wi- WHOOSH!! Before I can even finish my thought he sends a huge blast of wind in my direction that pounds right into me. It slams me through the table into the wall on the other side of the room. It was a solid hit, but not solid enough to make me lose concentration on the knives and forks. As I stand back up I knock off some of the wood that must've come from the table. As I do that he comments, "I also have a habit for knocking stupid morons like you on their a$$es!" .... Riiiiiiiiiiiight. And I'm the Queen of England. He even seems to question himself after he says that. Honestly though, does he really think infuriating the not-so-mentally-well guy that's twice as big as him is a smart move? Shows who the actual "stupid moron" is.

Nevertheless I entertain his quipping and counter his verbal attack, "Looks like we have something in common." After which I proceed to send all the sharp silverware I've been holding onto for sometime right at him with my TK. If he wants to play, we'll play. When he sees the knives and forks coming straight for him he's paralyzes himself in fear, he just stares at them as they charge towards him. Victory is just a few seconds away. Suddenly he seems to comeback to his sense and he leaps out of the way. No matter, the silverware is still under my control. I turn them around and send them right back at him. He does what anyone would, he runs. This is the fun part. As he runs I send knives and forks right behind his feet to scare him, making him think I'm gaining on him so he runs even faster, then make a few wiz right by his legs to make him think I'm right behind him, the adrenaline in him will be pumping so fast that he'll fall and I get to watch as his life flashes before his eyes and he begs me for mercy before coming to a violent end. That's what usually happens at least. This guy refuses to die, however, and he decides to use his teleportation ability and disappear yet again. I glance quickly around the room before realizing he's popped up right behind me. I hear wind rushing, and as I turn around his hand is consumed in a mini twister and he slams his fist into my cheek. He somehow warped the wind to propel his fist into my face. It actually did hurt... A lot. I even lost concentration on the silverware and dropped it as I dropped to the ground. But at least I won't have to worry about it hurting that much again with my adaptive durability ability, it's nice to have that out of the way. Sure it'll still hurt, just not as much.

What surprises me, well no, it doesn't exactly surprise me coming from this guy, but after I stand up, he's shaking his hand around like a little girl. As I stand back up he tries to make a fist, but he fails and screams out in pain instead. Then he holds his hand up to his chest and whimpers.... This.... This guy.... I just.... I can't.... Even.... Ugh. "What the hell are you doing?" I blurt out. My disgust and confusion no longer able to be contained within. This guy is the one who punched me, but he's the one crying about the pain? Jesus. This guy's a joke.

He appears to be just as embarrassed with himself as he should be. "....shut up!" He yells back before proceeding to shoot another wind blast at me. He's determined, I'll give him that. But this time I'm ready for the blast this time, I had plenty of time to prepare for it while he was playing with his hand. I plant myself down, and hold myself there with my TK. "That's enough of that." I spit out. It's time to finish this. It's is starting to bore me. I launch the table at him to throw him off balance and make him move so I can get in his head without any resistance. He teleports out of the way of the table, then he grabs a chair, and he teleports right behind me (yet again), and breaks the chair over my head. That's it. Playtime is over. I whip around to face him and hold him up in the air, strangling him. There will be no escape this time. If he tries teleporting away, I'm going with him.

"You've already cost me my target tonight." I say coldly, and then I enter his mind. "So now... I'm going to cost you your life." I start scanning through everything because the only way I can kill someone this way is by getting into the deepest part of their mind. I have to go through their most deeply hidden secrets, saddest and darkest memories, the kind of memories you try to shut out forever, their happiest memories, and everything they've ever learned. Everything that's ever happened to them, everything they've tried to conceal from the world, their whole life, I'm tearing through in mere seconds. Hmm... Mark Brooks.... Brooks.... Brooks... I know that name. Where have I heard it before? No... Wait, no. God no. No, no, no, no, no.... This guy.... This.... It cannot be. I drop him in shock, restoring any of the things I might've taken out in the process. "Who.... Who the hell are yo-" I start to ask before I'm interrupted by the sound of armed gunmen smashing through the debris into the dining room. Security guards. I'm still in shock, I don't even turn around to recognize they're there.

One of them yells, "FREEZE!" I finally snap back into reality with that screech. I glance at them just to asses the situation. They're about to shoot, and this guy I've been fighting is in no shape to fight after I went in his head, and I have to know the truth about him so there's only one thing we can do... Get outta here without being shot at. And I think I know just the way to do it. I go back into his mind and take control of it, forcing him to teleport us out of there to the most frequent location in his mind, his home.

Wow, teleporting certainly is off-putting. With the mix of that, the fact that the target got away from me, and the fact that some of the big names in the city now know my face, all because of this guy, but I can't rip him to shreds until I know if it's true just sets me into a very foul mood.

"Your name...." I hiss while standing over him. I just wanna get this all figured out as quick as possible. "What is your name?" I bellow, already knowing just not able to believe it. He coughs a little bit and then starts to sit up. It loos like he checks his costume for something, then he pulls his hood down, and he seems to recognize I already know and so he concedes.

"My... my name's Mark." He says. "Mark Brooks." So it is true. What I saw was true. And since it's true, the least I can do is be friendly to this guy. I extend my hand out to help him up. He takes it and it seems the restoration isn't completely done yet. He slowly starts to learn how to stand again.

"Mark..." I mutter as I pull off my tie and throw it to the side. I might as well tell him now. "My name's Alexander. Alexander Wolffe." I pause for a second.

"Is... is that supposed to mean something?" He asks.

"It will." I respond, both because of what I'm about to tell him and because I'm sure if the future goes how I plan it, all of Indigo City will know my name at some point. "You see, Mark..." I sigh. "Damn it I'm not cut out for this..." I rub my head, not knowing how to say it. Screw it, let's just get it over with. "I was there when your wife died."

Gee.... Way to let him down slowly, Alex.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

5th Column Comics Library

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#3  Edited By cbishop
Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#5  Edited By ImpurestCheese
TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

HE PAUSED FOR DRAMATIC EFFECT DANG IT!

johnjo719

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GOOD chapter! I like how he makes fin of WD

TommytheHitman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@johnjo719

One of the best things about 1st person is that it lets the narrator express their personal feelings on other characters.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

@alexander_wolffe: The other half of the coin, very good. You two coordinated well on this bookended double chapter. Now...what happens next

Alexander_Wolffe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Alexander_Wolffe

@batkevin74: Thanks! And we'll soon find out. ;D

@johnjo719: Thanks. And lol, yeah. I enjoyed that as well.

@tommythehitman: I DON'T WANT TO COPY WORD FOR WORD DANG IT. AND MAYBE MARK ONLY SAW IT THAT WAY WHEN THAT WASN'T HIS INTENTION! xP

@impurestcheese: ....It looks like they're in trouble? O,o

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3