30 minute free write - Deadshot.

Avatar image for deactivated-5fbfd5d291164
deactivated-5fbfd5d291164

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

User Lists: 7

So, with the recent new of Suicide Squad being cast I decided I would try and write something about the character whom has had the most controversy, by far. This character is probably the most liked Suicide Squad member, and no that doesn't mean I am saying that Deadshot is more liked than Joker or Harley Quinn just saying that in a Suicide Squad book more people would want him before anyone else. Unlike any of my other free writes where I would just write whatever came to mind and, this time I decided I would just try and write something about Floyd Lawton, the man with a death wish.

-------------

"You know you're the type of person that makes me hate everyone else." his voice cold, eyes squinted, and his gun pressed up in the dead center of her forehead. "Did you really think that I would ever believe you were a good person? Toots, I ain't buyin' that for a second, I know who you are, what you've done and what you're capable of, that's what you're about to die."

Her mascara is longer running anymore, she's past the point of shock and fear and in her head she has accepted the idea of dying, or as much as she'll ever get to. The gun goes off and her head blows backwards, she's dead. Floyd out off her previously secured building to find out where exactly he gets his paycheck. As soon as the cold winter air hits his body he hears a voice.

"WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT?" Dark, menacing and rather terrifying if you let it psyche you out.

"Oh stick it, Bat-Bo--" He turns around to face what he assumed to be the Dark Knight, he meets a kryptonian donning an S on his chest. "You know you sound just like him when you get all pissy."

"Floyd, don't deflect. What you just did was despicable! Inexcusable! You just killed an innocent woman!" His chest puffed, his stare intense with a little hint of red.

"Tell it to someone who cares, will you? I got a lot of brain cells to kill tonight and while your speech will do a fine job, I would rather do it in a bar." His eyes rolling and one of his eyebrows are raised. His malleable mouth is bent into the shape of an incredibly punchable smirk."

"Floyd, we're friends, you've helped me before, I know you can do good, but you don't. You make bad choices, you decided to kill that woman, you decided that jail was what you needed. This isn't hard, you don't kill people and you get to do what you want, when you do I will bring you in. So here we are, I don't have much time so you're going to have to make your choice now. Will you come by force or willfully?" Clark floats to the ground looking at him in the eyes, as a sign of respect.

"I'll take option one, please."

--------------

So, yeah, I kind of wish I did longer than thirty minutes but this is what I got done by then and honestly I am pretty pleased all things considered. Let me know all of your thoughts as always. :)

Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Transformers1024

*and then Trans killed himself because Will Smith is Deadshot*

Good write up!!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By HumanRocket

^ Stop trying to be a drama queen that's my job.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*and then Trans killed himself because Will Smith is Deadshot*

Forever the pessimist.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I liked it.

Wim_Garnet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Wim_Garnet

A cool piece, as was the Parasite one. You get powerful effects from small details, like the mascara and the hint of red.

I also like the idea of the timed freewrite. I need to make some time to try one myself. It seems like a nice way to get to play with characters that you don't have a larger story in mind for yet. Thanks for posting these.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

@dagmar_merrill: Free Writing is cool and all, it's how I warm up before writing my pieces to publish. Would be interesting to see where you take this from here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

^ Stop trying to be a drama queen that's my job.

You need a new job.

@xwraith said:

I liked it.

Thanks!

A cool piece, as was the Parasite one. You get powerful effects from small details, like the mascara and the hint of red.

I also like the idea of the timed freewrite. I need to make some time to try one myself. It seems like a nice way to get to play with characters that you don't have a larger story in mind for yet. Thanks for posting these.

Thanks for reading dude, means a lot.

@dagmar_merrill: Free Writing is cool and all, it's how I warm up before writing my pieces to publish. Would be interesting to see where you take this from here

Superman would of flown him to jail, while doing so floyd would of made superman drop him, he lands on top of a building, sore but alright. He'd try and find some help and then sees a robbery and decides to break it up. Is where I was going to go when ending it but when I was writing it I may have thought of something on the fly and gone in a completely different direction.

ImpurestCheese

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#9  Edited By cbishop

"You know you sound just like him when you get all pissy."

Best line. There are some edits needed, but I assume you posted what you got in thirty minutes without any edits. Added to my FF Long Box - Authors. :)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: I didn't get a notification for your post for some reason. Thanks for reading.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Cool stuff man.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Woah. That was really cold. Nice scene.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

good stuff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool stuff man.

Thanks for reading! (Didn't get a notification for your comment)

@ms-lola said:

Woah. That was really cold. Nice scene.

Danke.

good stuff

Thank ya, thank ya.