15 Minute Writing Challenge (Just Write)

Avatar image for deactivated-620bd805dd321
deactivated-620bd805dd321

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Never Ending Verse

I set aside the stories that make warriors smile.

Place my hammer on the table before other gods.

I take a long drink of my ale. Look in the faces of my fellow warriors and dream makers.

The between lines of stories yet to be told.

Who are your heroes? who is your avatar? or like me do you mix and mingle in the world of mortals.

The longing for substance not working through others you pick up a sword you sing your spells you create

you dance you dare.

With the very subjects that scream for adventure.

I take a bite of the golden apple and my youth returns.

Steve Rogers is next to me at the table I asked him to join me.

I sense a tension in him to speak but instead, I give him the rest of my apple.

He looks at me confused and yet he bites into the golden apple.

He is like a man starved he devours the apple and before I know it I am stuck raising an infant.

What was I thinking? I pick up the shield and look at the maidens.

Raise this child he will be a hero one day.

I leave the table and meet Lady Sif for dinner and more ale.

The universe just began another story and all it took.

All it demanded.

All it required was a single apple.

I

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Time

Time and time again

I find the message and the message says

Begin

Time and time again

I find the words and the words say

End

The end

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peace

In time Zeltic would see the mutiverse grow

Possible or impossible the magical elemental sat in the great void and watchesd.

So much to see and take in.

She looked at her sleeping friend

Death Ferry Cynthia was her name..

To hide in plain sight

Two inches tall she changed stories saved souks and brought the dead back to life.

Injustice universe she laughed

She changed the story saved the pregnant writer and the city then cast a spell powerful enough to keep that Superman on the side of humanity.

She touched his face whispering in his ear...some writers know Never touch the heroes heart.

Superman smiled.he knew on a spiritual level she existed.

She poked a whole in reality and left.

Universe after universe they traveled

She stopped and looked down as Thanos was about to snap half creation away...

She plucked a stone from the gauntlet and at it...

The power stine crunched loudly making Thanos angry

Cynthia cringed as Thanos tried to reverse time..

No no said Zeltic and stopped time.

Took the glove away and destroyed it

Then she simply made a portal and walked through.

Time restarted a Watcher made note of Zeltics actions and left as a very angry Thanos tried to make sense of everything.

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All creation takes a holiday

So you're thinking

In some universe

Your a mutant

Yes

You

You stand up and feel the power's that be

Hero?

Villain?

Super pimp daddy?

Super pimp momma?

Actor or actress with no care for others?

Writer on a fanfiction board?

What is your power?

Change reality

Super speed

That is ok you can have two

So you try to save or damn creation

Do your best

Life gives many chances to succeed

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Heroes

Sticks and stones.

Broken and torn they break our body.

Leave us for the vultures.

Heroes are afraid to be heroic.

The villainous mind has taken over

The one above is consumed by bad plots.

Heroes no longer save anybody..

But look how strong or fast or mentally able.

No I shall not save the day...

Simply race time to the end of the book of life...

I fill the page with empty words

Fly or run or swim but Timmy remains in the well...

How can we forget Timmy?

Are you still a hero if the village burns down?

Burn baby burn...

Everyone gets a award...

Be thee heroic.

Save your day....

Saving days...

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: hmmm i think so...most likely less Time. I was bored

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Okay so my goal is using as many contractions as I possibly can because I'm curious just how consistent I can get with it, now usually contractions are rarely consistently and numerously seen/found in a sentence or a bunch of sentences cause well they're contractions, they combine two words together into a shorter form, I don't really have any idea what I'm writing about now so I guess I'll just keep going until I've got nothing to write about any more and hopefully I used contractions every single time it was plausible or possible, now that I think about it I'm curious to find out just how many contractions I know, obviously there's the common "I'm" that weirdly enough a lot of people I've come across in my life make errors using "am" when they want to use the contraction for "I am", I guess I really am the only person who payed attention in English class and actually always tried to make sure I passed all my exams. I'm about done with writing things down and I really hope I didn't make any goofy grammar mistakes, after this I think I'll go learn more contractions cause in my head now I think I've only been using like 3 of the same contractions while writing all this the entire time. Okay bye.

CAV_Tighten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm towards the end my sentences were kinda messy. I'll work on co-ordination

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

#313 cbishop  Online

@cbishop: hmmm i think so...most likely less Time. I was bored

I have no idea what this is in response to. :^/

arthurkerr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cbishop: i had wrote the Silver Surfer short and you asked if I did it in 15 minutes

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315 cbishop  Online

@cbishop: i had wrote the Silver Surfer short and you asked if I did it in 15 minutes

Ah, okay. I looked all through this thread, and couldn't find it. lol

Avatar image for b3rryh0m0nculu5
B3rryH0m0nculu5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The first time I ever heard an adult say that his or her temples were throbbing, I imagined all of these monks beating gongs incessantly as if to avoid the temptation of speaking and screwing up their vows of silence. I don't remember who said it. Maybe it was my auntie because I asked her if my mum and daddy were in Heaven and what was it like there and could we see them on holiday or did I have to wait until they came back. I suppose it could have also been my uncle right after I discovered punk rock and played the Lou Reed record I had pinched from my cousin's record collection over and over and over again. Hey, Uncle Will...Take a walk on the wild side. I said, hey, Unc...Take a walk on the wild side. Most likely, though, it had been my cousin herself. She was a notorious whinger.

Captain Britain saved my life once. No, for real. There were these sleek, metallic wolves. Well, not really wolves, but kind of like if there was a giant hood ornament that looked like a wolf. Anyway, I was in Twickenham on my wait to Gaz's place--that was going to be my first snog!--and this wolf-hood ornament hybrid thing was bearing down on me, like, fast. I've no idea why it was headed my direction. Anyway, Captain Britain soared down out of the sky like a red, white, and blue rocket, slamming into the side of it. I caught my breath and then headed straight home, Gaz's pouty lips a distant memory. Anyway, when I told my cousin? She whinged that I hadn't thought to get an autograph or a picture or something from Captain Britain.

Some bloody people.

eman-11711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

max stared into the tv screen.thats all he did these days.he thought to himself all the adventures he had when he was younger.all the fun moments but max's mind froze.he rembered the night him and his family went to the lake.the cold air was crisp.he couldnt wait to get onto the lake on the canoe he shouted his brothers face froze with a shock "are you a idoit or what!"."the storys,the sirens."the rest of the day he didnt realy care about what his brother said until at night.he was so annoyed that his dad didnt let him go on the canoe,he went to the docks and untied the meticulous knots.he took a old plank of wood and set sail.when he got to the middle of the lake and threw a stone attached to a piece of rope.the smile on his face was a mile too big for his face.but then his ears started to tingle but then it morphed intstinging and then to piercing."owwww!."then he saw something that he could never forget.it looked like a skinny man standing in the lake even that the empire stae building coudnt touch the floor.he waved at max,and then smiled.the canoe started rocking,then a foot,a actual foot come out of the water and kicked the canoe over."what the hell!".now max was under water and could see the mans legs.his feet touched the lake floor.max swam and swam until he hit shore.there were police cars everywhere.his brother was gone.mum was crying,dad was smoking the fist time in years.max turned around and saw his brother.his brother is the siren.

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

#318  Edited By batkevin74

We open on a beaten and bloodied Reed Richards. He’s gone 12 rounds with Mike Tyson, then Tyson Fury, then Lennox Lewis. His skin has lost some of its rigidity, he’s jelly like.

A metallic hand grabs him by the neck and drags him to his feet. He tries to squeeze out and use his elasticity powers, but the grip is too strong as he gasps for breath. On the floor under Reed’s feet are broken orange rocks and the limp body of a younger man who is smouldering as if he was once on fire but doused. Reed struggles for breath as the camera pans in closer to his face.

There’s a thunderclap and we are looking at a cold metal face plate with menacing eyes glaring into the soul of the audience. We cut back to Reed as he is losing breath and consciousness.

V/O:I warned you not meddle in my affairs, Richards!

Cut to Marvel Opening credits. Some of the images are from the previous FF movies even the s#!T one and the cartoons spliced with Cap, Hulk, etc.

Fantastic Four: Doom

batkevin74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 13

This is Sub-lieutenant Zachary Maskelyne of the H.M.S.S Gibraltar hailing on all channels and frequencies. We are currently in a state of emergency. We’ve lost power and are currently adrift from our usual spacelane due to a collision with either a meteor or asteroid, we haven’t had time to work that out. We have lost Captain Hugh Jones and second in command Delia Broadbent in the accident, along with fifty or so crew members. We have about one hundred and seventy-six hours of oxygen remaining but divide that between the remaining personnel and the distance to nearest space station before we went off course, means we are in dire straits. If anyone can hear us, if anyone can lend any assistance, please...

Day 1

“Here’s what we know Captain,”

“Please...don’t call me that.”

“Sir...with all respect, you are the highest-ranking person aboard the Gibraltar. People need leadership and you’re it! So, stop this nonsense, accept the title, and get on with it!...Sir!”

Newly made captain Zachary Maskelyne looked at Alexandra Buchan, formerly head 2nd engineer now 2IC, and took the datapad from her. “Yes marm. Three days of food?”

“If we go into hard rationing we could spread it to seven,” she replied.

cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By cbishop  Online

Sky-diving. The very idea terrifies me. I hate heights. I recently went wobbly in the knees watching Skyscraper with The Rock. Camera angles usually don't affect me, but some of the ones in that movie actually made my balls quiver. So, imagine how I'm feeling in the door of this plane. I have a death grip on the sides of the open door as my legs try to melt out from under me. I may have a new outlook, but still the same old fear.

Why am I here then, right? Watched another movie recently, and it made me think about something. It basically said: live your life to the fullest. You only get one shot at it, and if you're not living it to the fullest, then you're just waiting to die. ...Pretty sure I didn't repeat that as I heard it.

Anyway, the point is it gave me a crazy mental image: running from Death. Just doing one crazy, facing-your-fears thing after another, and dare Death to catch up to you. Not... not "tempt fate," exactly. Just... Death must get bored right? Everyone has their appointed time and all that, but maybe challenge Death to a race?

like the way Fabio cut his nose on that rollercoaster that time.
like the way Fabio cut his nose on that rollercoaster that time.

Like: I'm going to jump out of this plane. You (Death) could cause something to happen so that I die in the process. Maybe my parachute doesn't open. Maybe it opens too soon, and I get tangled up on the plane. Maybe I hit a goose on the way down and get knocked out, like the way Fabio cut his nose on that rollercoaster that time. Maybe I just have a heart attack from the fear. Maybe I make it back to Earth, but I land in the water, and sharks get me instead.

Or, maybe I live. Maybe I scream a lot of the way down, but pull my ripcord at the right time, and sail down to a safe landing. And I laugh because I lived through it, and breathe a sigh of relief, and just whisper, "Not today. I'll see you next time. I'm going to Spain for the Running of the Bulls."

Is that... is that a death wish? Or a mid-life crisis? Or just wanting to do more than I've done before? ...I don't know, but I imagine if you challenge Death to catch you, you should be prepared to run your hardest. Today is Day One, and I'm just getting started.

Where will it take me? Will I just tour the world experiencing life? Will I get sucked into some high-action drama, coming close to dying, but winning the day? What if Death gives up, and just says, "Forget it. I'm tired of chasing you. You just have to live forever." ...Does Death get tired? Do I have the stamina to stay out of Death's reach?